The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Caroline and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f36/)
-   -   Prince Ernst August of Hanover seeks retrial in assault case (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f36/prince-ernst-august-of-hanover-seeks-retrial-in-assault-case-17202.html)

tbhrc 04-15-2008 04:32 PM

Prince Ernst August of Hanover seeks retrial in assault case

Prinz Ernst August kämpft um seinen guten Ruf - Bild.de

Translated version

Ernst August Sues against his ex-lawyer

He is now in a civil case against his former Defenders: Prince Ernst August calls by star lawyer Jochen Meier Heath (66) from Stolzenau 250,000 euros damages and pain and suffering!

tbhrc 04-15-2008 04:35 PM

Prozess um Ernst August von Hannover: Prinzessin Caroline soll als Zeugin vor Gericht aussagen - Panorama - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten

Translated version

Princess Caroline will serve as a witness to testify in court

New stage in the process marathon to the conviction of Prince Ernst August of Hanover because of dangerous bodily injury: As the district court Hildesheim commodities include his wife Princess Caroline as one of the six witnesses in the retrial.

tbhrc 05-15-2008 07:07 AM

Prozess gegen Ernst August: Prinzessin Caroline will nicht vor Gericht aussagen - Panorama - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten

Translated version

Princess Caroline will not testify in court

Princess Caroline of Monaco surrendered to a witness in the trial of her husband Ernst August. The media are in advance of the hearing date the Princess said.

tbhrc 06-01-2008 05:47 AM

A Royal Pain: Prince Ernst August's Case Heads to Court -- Again - International - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News

In 2004, Prince Ernst August of Hanover was convicted of brutally beating up a nightclub owner with a knuckle duster. Now, a German court is examining whether the case should be retried. At stake is a lot of money and the prince's reputation.

Prince Ernst August of Hanover seeks retrial in assault case - Telegraph

A German cousin of the Queen who was convicted of causing grievous bodily harm after he beat up a man with a knuckleduster has launched a bid to clear his name.

Prince Ernst August demands retrial after knuckleduster claim - Times Online

Prince Ernst August of Hanover has rarity value in Germany: a blueblooded aristocrat with a jetset lifestyle, he is married to Princess Caroline of Monaco, is a cousin to Queen Elizabeth and he brings a touch of glamour to a country short on celebrities.

tbhrc 07-29-2008 06:42 AM

Ehrensache: „Du Zuhälter, du deutsches Schwein“ - Hintergründe - Gesellschaft - FAZ.NET

Translated version

July 2008 It is not easy in those days about Prince Ernst August and Princess Caroline of Hanover in experience. At the beginning of the week, the only news wasthat she now but as a witness in which he sought retrial of Kenya process "support. For details, she does not, but is rather in absolute discretion.

Gericht in Hildesheim: Prinzessin Caroline muss zu geheimer Vernehmung | RP ONLINE

Translated version

In the process Marathon to the sentencing of Welfenprinzen Ernst August of Hanover dangerous because of injury but is now even his wife Caroline as a witness testify.
Anders als bei einer ersten Ladung wrden Ort und Zeit der nichtffentlichen Vernehmung aber nicht mitgeteilt, erklrte das Landgericht Hildesheim am Montag.
Unlike a first charge would place and time of the closed hearing but not notified, said the district court of Hildesheim on Monday.

Prinzessin Caroline wird an geheimem Ort als Zeugin vernommen (Schweiz, NZZ Online)

Translated version

Princess Caroline of Hanover is now but in the retrial of her husband Prince Ernst August testify as a witness. Date and place of the hearing would be kept secret, however, said the district court in Hildesheim on Monday.

Horseygal 07-29-2008 08:31 PM

Embarrassing....:eek:

iowabelle 07-30-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbhrc (Post 773930)
he brings a touch of glamour to a country short on celebrities.

Call me blind, but I don't see the glamor of EA.

Tosca 07-31-2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowabelle (Post 805483)
Call me blind, but I don't see the glamor of EA.

Well, ten years ago he wasn't that bad (though not so handsome as Stefano was). Shame he's always been so hot tempered.

iowabelle 07-31-2008 02:32 PM

I always thought EA behaved rather poorly ... and I can't understand why, especially as he's a first cousin to Sofia, a queen I revere.

Avicenna 08-24-2008 04:02 PM

Saturday August 23, 2008 Princess Caroline had to stand up as a witness in a case against her husband for grievous bodily harm. The testimony was without public attendance and lasted 4 hours.

Source:

http://de.news.yahoo.com/afp/2008082...e-4bdc673.html

debrann 08-24-2008 04:09 PM

Can somebody please translate this peice of news, as I dont understand any German, it would be much appreciated. Thanx

Renata4711 08-24-2008 05:03 PM

Translation/summarisation:
Princess Caroline in Hildesheim Court as witness
Caroline was questioned as a witness in private, regarding the court case "marathon" of the sentencing of E.A. for grievous bodily harm.
EA's wife did not attend the earlier hearing; the family's solicitor states that she was following a recommendation of the Monegasque Government which was concerned about safety.

Now the German court decided to question Caroline again, but the time and location will be kept secret.

The case goes back to the incident in Kenya in 2000 when EA is said to have assaulted a German hotelier. A higher court has to decide whether the case will be resumed. If that happens, then PC would have to give evidence in public.

Avicenna 09-30-2008 04:32 PM

Schwere Vorwrfe: Ernst August von Hannover verklagt seinen Ex-Anwalt - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Panorama

spiegel online 9/30/08

agogo 09-27-2009 12:33 AM

Princess Caroline of Monaco will be summoned as a witness in the assault trial of her husband, Prince Ernst August of Hanover before the District Court of Hildesheim.

This is according to Online Focus Politik -

The defense had sought to summon all the crime scene witnesses, said yesterday one of the lawyers of Ernst August. The statement is for Caroline's next hearing in Hildesheim, Germany on 1 October if possible. Ernst August has been accused to be responsible for an attack on a German hotel owner in Kenya.

iowabelle 09-27-2009 12:46 PM

I don't understand the reason this case is being tried in Germany. Shouldn't the jurisdiction be in Kenya since the criminal act allegedly took place in Kenya?

The circus goes on.

Horseygal 09-27-2009 07:22 PM

Well, maybe because the hotel owner is German - maybe he's returned to Germany, so it doesn't make sense to have the trial in Kenya anymore? I agree w/you, though - seems odd that it isn't going to be where the crime took place. In the US when venue changes, it doesn't mean that the trial leaves the state - maybe a city or town away, but not out of the jurisdiction of where the crime took place.

iowabelle 09-27-2009 07:33 PM

That's what I thought, since both gentlemen are German. But that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, although maybe American rules of jurisdiction wouldn't apply.

Renata4711 09-28-2009 02:58 PM

This thread seems to be running in two places: here, and under "German-Austrian Royalty". Why?

iceflower 09-28-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renata4711 (Post 997280)
This thread seems to be running in two places: here, and under "German-Austrian Royalty". Why?

I guess at that time when other threads concerning Prince
Ernst-August and his German family were moved to the
"German-Austrian Royalty"-subforum, this one was left here
as to Princess Caroline's involvement in the current proceedings.

queenofthelight 03-09-2010 12:23 PM

Princess Caroline's husband fined over Kenya assault

BBC News - Princess Caroline's husband fined over Kenya assault (09/03/2010).