The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 2: May 2008 - January 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/crown-princess-marys-eveningwear-part-2-may-2008-january-2009-a-17176.html)

GlitteringTiaras 05-29-2008 03:22 PM

Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 2: May 2008 - January 2009

Welcome to HRH Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear: Part Two.
The previous can be found here.

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Mandy, dazzling, kwanfan, TheTruth, and GT.

dazzling 05-29-2008 05:39 PM

The pink dress Mary wore to Fred's 40th birthday was beautiful, it shimmered nicely & not too much. The lace/fabric suited Mary, very soft when she walked. The mint coat over it was eye-catching, IMO the coat style didnt match the dress but still looked good.
I would love to see a picture of the coat off. Does anyone know who designed the dress?

udyusa 05-29-2008 07:27 PM

I Loved the shoes! What other color would she have worn... black:-( ? Mary is becoming the best dressed CP, imo. She is just exquisite in her choices both day and evening.

kimebear 05-29-2008 07:38 PM

It seems as if the mint overcoat was used because of the rain. She appears to be carrying a pink wrap that matches the dress nicely. They were probably hoping for better weather:flowers:

Lakshmi 05-29-2008 07:50 PM

This pink dress seems very nice, I say seems b/c I can't see the whole dress. Are there better pics of this dress, pleaasee?:blush: But green coat, oh no.:ohmy:

denice 05-29-2008 07:52 PM

I love both the dress and coat. Very pretty!

ayvee 05-29-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 773101)
The pink dress Mary wore to Fred's 40th birthday was beautiful, it shimmered nicely & not too much. The lace/fabric suited Mary, very soft when she walked. The mint coat over it was eye-catching, IMO the coat style didnt match the dress but still looked good.
I would love to see a picture of the coat off. Does anyone know who designed the dress?

The dress is by a Lithuanian designer:
Juozas Statkevičius
Fabric is similar to 1st dress on Spring/Summer 2007 Pret-a-Porter Collection and the 10th gown in Autumn/Winter 2001/2002 Couture Collection.

Not sure who designed the coat.

This info is according to a Lithuanian from the CPMary Message Board.

Fashionista100 05-29-2008 08:20 PM

Normally I like almost everything she wears. Some stuff even grows on me later. But this is just plain awful. Yuck!!

anthonyVIP 05-29-2008 08:25 PM

have you guys seen Crown princess mary's dress at the most recent wedding , It's the most elegant and brilliant dress I've seen in ages .. it's timeless and alive and super elegant , worthy of a priness of her stature .. it's designer by Ole Yde , a phenomenal talent from Denmark , check his website , you'll see what I mean .. YDE - by Ole Yde

SASSY 05-29-2008 09:34 PM

I am not digging the green over coat. I would love to see the dress underneath.

SASSY 05-29-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonyVIP (Post 773158)
have you guys seen Crown princess mary's dress at the most recent wedding , It's the most elegant and brilliant dress I've seen in ages .. it's timeless and alive and super elegant , worthy of a priness of her stature .. it's designer by Ole Yde , a phenomenal talent from Denmark , check his website , you'll see what I mean .. YDE - by Ole Yde

Thanks for the link, I really like some of his designs esp. the white (cotton?) shirt with the highwaist black (taffeta?) full skirt. I'd wear that if I were Mary.

LadyCat 05-29-2008 10:20 PM

can't blame her for the green coat, at least it protected what appears to be a lovely dress from the rain. And it looks a lot better that the yellow Margrethe wore over her fuchsia!:eek:

Cat

Currier 05-29-2008 10:21 PM

Loved the mint green evening coat but I wouls have liked something different underneath. Perhaps a fuller view of the pink dress will show it be a good choice. In any case, Mary won so many points with her dress, earrings, etc at the wedding, she's at the head of the fashion game.

HRH Kerry 05-29-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currier (Post 773169)
Loved the mint green evening coat but I wouls have liked something different underneath. Perhaps a fuller view of the pink dress will show it be a good choice. .

Currier,
Join the club, step in line,etc. Just about all of us are dying to get a fuller view of that dress.:smile:

udyusa 05-30-2008 12:16 AM

You are soo right about that!!

marmi 05-30-2008 01:05 AM

I love both the coat and the dress!

charmed4sure 05-30-2008 02:13 AM

I love both the dress and coat, usually i hate when two very different colors are put together , but this is an exception...beautiful.

missjane 05-30-2008 04:36 AM

Over at Hello, there is a bigger picture of the dress and up close too. Dazzling has actually provided a link at the top of this page. Thank you Dazzling!!

Boris 05-30-2008 04:53 AM

Absolutely gorgeous look. The combination of contrasting colors and very different fabrics is bold and works amazingly well.
Lately, CP Mary is the only one who succeeds in going for a combination that's not easy to achieve: Looking regally elegant but still fresh and young, plus adding her individual touch on top of it. I agree that she's on her way to becoming the most stylish Royal lady out there.

dazzling 05-30-2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayvee (Post 773150)
The dress is by a Lithuanian designer:
Juozas Statkevičius
Fabric is similar to 1st dress on Spring/Summer 2007 Pret-a-Porter Collection and the 10th gown in Autumn/Winter 2001/2002 Couture Collection.

Not sure who designed the coat.

This info is according to a Lithuanian from the CPMary Message Board.

Thanks. Ive never heard of him. He has some lovely pieces, maybe we see more of her in them. I could imagine the sleeves to be cap sleeves.

royalina 05-30-2008 09:31 AM

Does anyone know what designer is Mary's dress from Joachim wedding is by?
I totally loved that dress!!! I don't know if this is the thread to ask this question, sorry if it isn't...
Maybe there should be a thread to discuss only Mary's fashion
Cheersssss!!!

ayvee 05-30-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalina (Post 773332)
Does anyone know what designer is Mary's dress from Joachim wedding is by?
I totally loved that dress!!! I don't know if this is the thread to ask this question, sorry if it isn't...
Maybe there should be a thread to discuss only Mary's fashion
Cheersssss!!!

This designer: YDE - by Ole Yde

ashelen 05-30-2008 10:42 AM

i never listen about him, but i can not see the dress in the site

ayvee 05-30-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 773362)
i never listen about him, but i can not see the dress in the site

The dress isn't on the site because it's probably tailor-made for Princess Mary. But during the DR1 live broadcast of the CP couple's arrival to Joachim and Marie's wedding, this is what was mentioned as they were walking on the red carpet to get to the church.

-Ayvee

bertie5252003 05-30-2008 01:25 PM

I have loved everything Mary worethis whole weekend. I adored the colour combinations of pink and mint the whole effect was dreamy. The blue at the wedding also allowed the bride to be the centre of attention it was a sensation without being loud just divine.

simon02 05-30-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Lately, CP Mary is the only one who succeeds in going for a combination that's not easy to achieve: Looking regally elegant but still fresh and young, plus adding her individual touch on top of it.
I agree. That gorgeous blue dress was one of her best ever. It seemed fitted perfectly to her, and the skirt made me somehow think of water as she glided along the red carpet with the blue layers rippling around her. I thought the back of the dress was even more impressive and wish I could see that again. :cool:

With exactly enough silvery jewelry to complement the icy blue of the dress without overpowering it, the dress was perfect for an informal wedding and allowed her to look young and, as Boris put it, "fresh"!

marmi 05-30-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon02 (Post 773503)
I agree. That gorgeous blue dress was one of her best ever. It seemed fitted perfectly to her, and the skirt made me somehow think of water as she glided along the red carpet with the blue layers rippling around her. I thought the back of the dress was even more impressive and wish I could see that again. :cool:

With exactly enough silvery jewelry to complement the icy blue of the dress without overpowering it, the dress was perfect for an informal wedding and allowed her to look young and, as Boris put it, "fresh"!

I quite agree - the dress was a wonderful mix of royalty, freshness and 'Mary'
I haven't seen it from the back though, only from the side

denice 05-31-2008 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertie5252003 (Post 773420)
I have loved everything Mary worethis whole weekend. I adored the colour combinations of pink and mint the whole effect was dreamy. The blue at the wedding also allowed the bride to be the centre of attention it was a sensation without being loud just divine.

I agree. The dress for the wedding was so elegant, loved the gray dress for Frederick's 40th Bday, and the pink dress with green evening coat was wonderful. I was so excited about the pink dress I didn't even notice the shoes! LOVE the pink shoes.

marmi 05-31-2008 05:43 AM

I hope we dont have to wait too long to see the pink dress again, and to ask even more, that we can see it without any jacket or wrap. It intrigues me.

missjane 05-31-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marmi (Post 773600)
I hope we dont have to wait too long to see the pink dress again, and to ask even more, that we can see it without any jacket or wrap. It intrigues me.

As much as I would love to see that gown in full too, I doubt we will, which is such a shame:sad: and i know not many people agree with me, but i really do love it with the green coat.:flowers:

UserDane 05-31-2008 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missjane (Post 773618)
As much as I would love to see that gown in full too, I doubt we will, which is such a shame:sad: and i know not many people agree with me, but i really do love it with the green coat.:flowers:

No - I am with you there ;) that combination is fabulous! Hope to see more of that coat as well.

marmi 05-31-2008 04:13 PM

I love the coat as much as the dress - if not more! But you may very well be right about the dress...

GlitteringTiaras 05-31-2008 05:52 PM

Here are some images of HRH at Crown Prince Frederik's 40th bash at Fredensborg. The day-to-evening dress is cute, but she needs to Mystic Tan her legs... they are incredibly white.

selminha 05-31-2008 05:57 PM

Mary look very pretty and elegant!!!

missjane 05-31-2008 06:30 PM

Beautiful colour dress, shows off Marys best feature, her legs. Yes ok, GT I know they are white but in very good shape. She looks really pretty. I really think she has outdone herself recently and set the bar even higher.

SASSY 05-31-2008 10:13 PM

I know I'm the only one but I think the green/pink outfit was not pretty.
The short dress however was amazing...she has very nice legs.

lilytornado 05-31-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 773753)
The day-to-evening dress is cute, but she needs to Mystic Tan her legs... they are incredibly white.

Mystic Tan? I hope not! :eek:

GlitteringTiaras 05-31-2008 11:21 PM

:lol:okay alright:rolleyes:

udyusa 05-31-2008 11:57 PM

Princess Mary really rocks!! She is without a doubt the epitome of class and beauty and she just continues to improve , imo. She has set the standard for all of the CP. :-)

ashelen 06-01-2008 01:58 AM

i love the dress, it is beautiful, does she has an stylist?, she looks fatastic in all hte last ocassions, i love the dress , anybody knows from who is?

marmi 06-01-2008 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 773880)
i love the dress, it is beautiful, does she has an stylist?, she looks fatastic in all hte last ocassions, i love the dress , anybody knows from who is?

Yes she has a stylist - maybe Anja someone???

sofajr 06-01-2008 03:47 AM

where was her hair stylist? having coctail on the party instead of making her hair? everything looks very great, even white legs :biggrin:
exept the hair do :eek:

GlitteringTiaras 06-01-2008 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sofajr (Post 773897)
where was her hair stylist? having coctail on the party instead of making her hair? everything looks very great, even white legs :biggrin:
exept the hair do :eek:

:lol: Finally someone with a sense of humor!

Mary's hair looks good to me, and I must say it her bangs grew out pretty fast. Overall, I like the outfit; the details up close are divine.

sofajr 06-01-2008 04:12 AM

to tell the truth her legs are not white at all on the pictures of Royal images. you can see tan on them. I dream about legs like this. :wub:

Her_Majesty 06-01-2008 05:16 AM

Mary looked great during all of her latest events. Very stylish and beautiful.
This dress lokks really good on her.
And I also like her hairdo.

dazzling 06-01-2008 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 773753)
Here are some images of HRH at Crown Prince Frederik's 40th bash at Fredensborg. The day-to-evening dress is cute, but she needs to Mystic Tan her legs... they are incredibly white.

Mary's dress is by British designer Matthew Williamson s/s08.
IMO, I thought the dress looked lovely, very stylish for a Princess to pull off & very fun. The bead work looks beautiful so does the color on Mary.

ayvee 06-01-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 773935)
Mary's dress is by British designer Matthew Williamson s/s08.
IMO, I thought the dress looked lovely, very stylish for a Princess to pull off & very fun. The bead work looks beautiful so does the color on Mary.

It is Spring 2007 collection:
Matthew Williamson Spring 2007 Ready-to-Wear Collection on Style.com: Complete Collection
bottom row, no. 4

-Ayvee

Her_Majesty 06-01-2008 09:00 AM

Here are more pictures of Mary wearing the dress:

Picture

Picture 2

source: Royals

Nice legs... and I love the shoes :wub:.

Amelia 06-01-2008 09:09 AM

I really, really love that dress, so wonderful for a summers evening party!

Incas 06-01-2008 10:00 AM

If she had skipped that ankelette, the outfit would have been perfect. The sandals already has glitter on the straps. It's overkill to add the red-beads. Instead of enhanceing the red from the dress and earrings, it's rather a distraction from the overall look.

SASSY 06-01-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incas (Post 773989)
If she had skipped that ankelette, the outfit would have been perfect. The sandals already has glitter on the straps. It's overkill to add the red-beads. Instead of enhanceing the red from the dress and earrings, it's rather a distraction from the overall look.

I agree after looking at the close-up. Simple earrings and handbag, skip the bangles and anklet..it's a little too much to look at. The dress is enough to focus on..and the legs!

The shoes look like Rene Caovilla. I like Mette-Marit's shoes too.

jinigirl 06-01-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marmi (Post 773883)
Yes she has a stylist - maybe Anja someone???

http://www.seoghoer.dk/~/media/263E92F39A174952B96D3242073FBDC0.ashx?w=448 Mary and her stylist Anja Alajdi

ashelen 06-01-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinigirl (Post 774063)

i don't wonder how she loos so fantastic! i wish to have her too!

missjane 06-01-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 773970)

Picture

Picture 2

I love the first picture. Frederick looks sooo proud of his wife. And why wouldn't he, Mary looks amazing!!!!! I love how she mixes it up and is not afraid to be different. This dress is a huge winner in my book. Everytime I think she cannot do any better then the last time, She comes out and blows us away with this cool funky outfit. So pretty and those shoes are amazing!!!!! Love it Love it Love it!!!!!!!

denice 06-01-2008 06:42 PM

WOW Mary looks wonderful...young, chic and perfect!

biboquinhas 06-02-2008 12:28 PM

Ebay has a some dress tunic from Matthew williamson (I don't know if I'am allow to put this here)

sofajr 06-02-2008 12:56 PM

is the dress expensive?

Nysgerrig 06-02-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SASSY (Post 774000)
I agree after looking at the close-up. Simple earrings and handbag, skip the bangles and anklet..it's a little too much to look at. The dress is enough to focus on..and the legs!

The shoes look like Rene Caovilla. I like Mette-Marit's shoes too.

Do you have a close-up of Masys shoes and that ankle thing ?

ashelen 06-02-2008 02:12 PM

i was trying too to find out where to buy that dress and how much would cost, anyones knows?

SASSY 06-02-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nysgerrig (Post 774342)
Do you have a close-up of Masys shoes and that ankle thing ?

In post #48. Click picture 2. :flowers:

SASSY 06-02-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 774353)
i was trying too to find out where to buy that dress and how much would cost, anyones knows?

Y'all that dress is probably $1,500 (US dollars) or more. The shoes (if they're Rene Caovilla) are probably $750 (US) or more.

ashelen 06-02-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SASSY (Post 774479)
Y'all that dress is probably $1,500 (US dollars) or more. The shoes (if they're Rene Caovilla) are probably $750 (US) or more.

thank you so much, where can i find it?

dazzling 06-03-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 774490)
thank you so much, where can i find it?

Matches Fashion look under Matthew Williamson, it comes in a ligh & dark silver/grey.
Btw, is this the first time Mary has worn this designer's outfit?

ashelen 06-03-2008 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 774509)
Matches Fashion look under Matthew Williamson, it comes in a ligh & dark silver/grey.

thank you so much, it is not red and no small size but it is very interestedto see it.

Lizy 06-03-2008 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 774524)
thank you so much, it is not red and no small size but it is very interestedto see it.

They do the navy one in a UK6 which is a US2, that's small in my book.:smile:

It is a beautiful dress though and I love the beading detail. Mary has got her fashion choices spot on lately.

Xeara 06-03-2008 05:31 AM

I know I am a bit late to the discussion about the outfit Mary wore on the Dannebrog...but the pink dress fabric reminds me of caul fat...that stuff used to make sausages...

Anyway, I liked the colour combo of pink and green, I love the green coat, I just wish the dress was the same fabric (but pink) as the coat...remember that dark blue and light blue gala dress and coat she wore while pregnant? Something like that...in terms of fabric combination...

Bedman 06-03-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 773970)

Picture

Picture 2

Nice dress.I can't wait to see more.
Thanks for post.

princess gertrude 06-03-2008 01:42 PM

Love Mary's dress for Fredericks party. Wonderful color, great details. Young fresh, exciting and totally appropriate for the event! This is the best I've seen her look this spring.

ashelen 06-03-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 774509)

i was wonedering if she paid what t cost 2500 dollars ???

sneeuwklokje 06-04-2008 04:23 AM

Maybe I'm the only one here, but I hated the little red dress for Fred's birthday do. To me it's ugly and very tacky. Not something for a 36 years old crownprincess and a mother of two. If she wore it with white linen pants and red espadrilles underneath it would have been nice, but to me it's a big no no.

missjane 06-04-2008 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 774957)
Maybe I'm the only one here, but I hated the little red dress for Fred's birthday do. To me it's ugly and very tacky. Not something for a 36 years old crownprincess and a mother of two. If she wore it with white linen pants and red espadrilles underneath it would have been nice, but to me it's a big no no.

Then so far you are the only one to think so!!;) I think CP Mary has never looked better or sexier. Remember it was a "private" party, not an official event, she was not on display at "work" either. And compared to some other guests, she was very appropriately dressed!:smile:

jinigirl 06-04-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

No, you are not the only one ;)
I think exactly like you, this little dress is not appropiate for a princess (it doesn't matter the party was official or private). The other lady with the too short dresses are not a crownprincess, but if one is invited to the birthday party of a crownprince, I think you should dress different....

dee4855 06-04-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinigirl (Post 775171)
No, you are not the only one ;)
I think exactly like you, this little dress is not appropiate for a princess (it doesn't matter the party was official or private). The other lady with the too short dresses are not a crownprincess, but if one is invited to the birthday party of a crownprince, I think you should dress different....

Such a beautiful young woman, and yet you think she should dress dowdy and unattractive. Who decides what is appropiate for a princess? As long as her clothing is worn in good taste, and nothing "royal" is hanging out I do not see one thing wrong with how she was dressed. I hope one day to meet the ever elusive princess fashion police. They seem to have so many laws with what is right and wrong, yet there is never a clue who these people are that make these all important decisions. Mary is a breath of fresh air!:wub:

dee4855 06-04-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Why would she wear a dress with slacks? With legs like hers I would show them more often. :whistling:

marmi 06-04-2008 05:23 PM

Well when I first saw the dress my initial reaction was "wow!", my 2nd was related to the length of the dress, but then I rethought that - I mean, sure it's not the longest dress but its not like she's showing any skin near her shoulders at all, never mind any clevage (now that I might have a problem with) so I think its balanced and that as such its a fine dress for her to wear at a private party, and she looks fabulous in it.

SASSY 06-04-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

I think the dress is too long to put with slacks, then it would look like a moo-moo. I like the darker version in grey with dark blue flowers. I do not like her jewelry or her purse, but the dress and shoes are fine to me.

COUNTESS 06-04-2008 09:29 PM

She looked great. She is young and slim and lovely. What nonsense about a "crownprincess". She is a person. She dresses incredibly well. We should all look so good.

missjane 06-05-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

What difference does it makes how many children she has?:ohmy: What difference does it make how old she is?:ohmy: She is a modern, attractive women setting amazing examples for women everywhere, and she looks phenomenal. Nothing is on show except her legs and with those pins why shouldn't she show them off? She gets ticks all around, i say, but i respect your opinion.
I would like to know though, what your opinion is of her casual outfit to get icecream? That was a pair of real short shorts. And she had her son with her. Was this tacky too? Should CP Mary have been wearing long pants on that hot hot denmark day??;)

ashelen 06-05-2008 01:36 AM

i think the dress is marvellous, she looks fantastic, she is thin good legs, young, why not? i would understand you don't like it if she was fat in that short dress , but she looks fantastic, if i would have the money i would, buy it too and in red of course!

biboquinhas 06-05-2008 06:55 AM

Well I think she wore that dress first because she liked it but then maybe she is promoting that designer even if he isn't Danish and I think that she will return the dress to him, that is not a piece that she will recycle!

biboquinhas 06-05-2008 06:56 AM

In ebay you can find some Mathew dresses and clothes at a lower price!

Her_Majesty 06-05-2008 08:56 AM

Princess Mary wearing a very elegant and beautiful black dress today:

Black Dress

sneeuwklokje 06-06-2008 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missjane (Post 775295)
What difference does it makes how many children she has?:ohmy: What difference does it make how old she is?:ohmy: She is a modern, attractive women setting amazing examples for women everywhere, and she looks phenomenal. Nothing is on show except her legs and with those pins why shouldn't she show them off? She gets ticks all around, i say, but i respect your opinion.
I would like to know though, what your opinion is of her casual outfit to get icecream? That was a pair of real short shorts. And she had her son with her. Was this tacky too? Should CP Mary have been wearing long pants on that hot hot denmark day??;)

Why does having her son with her have to be tacky?? I don't mind what she wears inside her house and in her garden, but the moment she steps on the street she is the future queen of Denmark, so she should be dressed accordingly. So no shorts, but a nice denim skirt or a pair of jeans. She isn't an Aussie beachgirl anymore.

UserDane 06-06-2008 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 775725)
Why does having her son with her have to be tacky?? I don't mind what she wears inside her house and in her garden, but the moment she steps on the street she is the future queen of Denmark, so she should be dressed accordingly. So no shorts, but a nice denim skirt or a pair of jeans. She isn't an Aussie beachgirl anymore.

So because she stepped outside the gates of Fredensborg castle to buy icecream for herself and her son (and the icecream stand is actually right outside the gates of Fredensborg) she destroyed your impression of her as a clothes obsessed person which you have previously complained about :rolleyes: :cool:. She just cannot do anything right by you, can she?

missjane 06-06-2008 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 775725)

I wonder if you are constantly chosing to disagree with me because i am an Aussie?:rolleyes:;)Or do you need to continue to find something wrong with CP Mary? And jeans????:eek: Wasn't it one of the hottest Denmark days? Good lord, she would have keeled over. And if this is what CP Mary was wearing when they all decide to go get ice cream, are you suggeting that she should have changed??:rofl:

missjane 06-06-2008 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 775388)
Princess Mary wearing a very elegant and beautiful black dress today:

Black Dress

This dress is gorgeous. Didn't she wear this on the New York trip recently?

marymaxima 06-06-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missjane (Post 775751)
This dress is gorgeous. Didn't she wear this on the New York trip recently?

yes, it took it in new York

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/9...ckdresscl3.jpg

sneeuwklokje 06-06-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserDane (Post 775733)
So because she stepped outside the gates of Fredensborg castle to buy icecream for herself and her son (and the icecream stand is actually right outside the gates of Fredensborg) she destroyed your impression of her as a clothes obsessed person which you have previously complained about :rolleyes: :cool:. She just cannot do anything right by you, can she?

Oh yes, she does a lot of things right by me, don't get me wrong. :flowers: It's just that if you are a royal, you are a royal 24/7, so noblesse oblige!! No shorts and anklettes in public please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by missjane (Post 775750)
I wonder if you are constantly chosing to disagree with me because i am an Aussie?:rolleyes:;)Or do you need to continue to find something wrong with CP Mary? And jeans????:eek: Wasn't it one of the hottest Denmark days? Good lord, she would have keeled over. And if this is what CP Mary was wearing when they all decide to go get ice cream, are you suggeting that she should have changed??:rofl:

You being an Aussie has nothing to do with:smile:. And as far as the temperature in Denmark is considered: it hardly ever gets over 25 c Celsius, so I don't think she would have keeled over in a skirt!!

biboquinhas 06-06-2008 11:45 AM

Well I also think that is a bit excess to wear shorts this time of the year, 25 degress is not so mucht!!!!! And yes maybe a long dress like Amber would have been more appropriate but then we can say that Royals are not has they used to be and things have really changed!

bertie5252003 06-06-2008 02:12 PM

I really agree and am happy that I am not as old fashioned as my children tell me. I am Australian too but did fee lMary should have done better in the shorts icecream thing this is important stuff being the next Queen of Deanmark and it is really unfortunate and goes with the situation she has bought into and great care must be taken look I love her but it always bothers me when things like this happen royalty is not ordinary in any way and yes it has to change and evolve but with greater care a dress would have been a better choice. IMO

Her_Majesty 06-06-2008 02:29 PM

Somehow I don't think the shorts-discussions belong into and evening-wear thread. At least I do not see any connection between eveningwear and shorts.
And apart from that I don't think Royals have look "royal" 24 hours 7 days a week. I do not see anything wrong with wearing shorts when it's hot outside. We are not living in a Disney or Sissi World where Princesses run around with ballgowns day and night.
Mary, Mxima, Letizia or Mette-Marit: We have seen all of them wearing shorts in their freetime..
Quote:

Originally Posted by missjane
this dress is gorgeous. Didn't she wear this on the New York trip recently?

Yes, she did. The dress is by Hugo Boss. :flowers:

UserDane 06-06-2008 03:37 PM

I agree Her Majesty. And seing royals completely informal probably carries a lot of charm with many Danes - and who are the Danish royals to please - but the Danes? ;)
Much as many of us love to see the royals all regal and dressed up, I think a lot of people like to see royals look 'ordinary' when doing ordinary things, like taking your kid to get an ice cream on a hot summer's day :flowers:

Fashionista100 06-06-2008 04:20 PM

Many of the dresses today are short like that. There isn't a lot down to the knee. I went shopping yesterday and all the skirts and dresses for women were mid thigh length! Now I'm just a bit younger than Mary. I don't like to wear shorter dresses. As long as it doesn't look too bad, I'm okay with it. I think the dress was beautiful on her. A little bit different from what she normally wears. Fantastic color for her. I say as long as she isn't flashing the world, she's fine. She looked contemporary, and classy imo. However, if she was getting out of the car a la Britney Spears, then I would have a problem! But she's too smart for that.

Fashionista100 06-06-2008 04:25 PM

I also think Mette Marit wears a lot of designer clothes. But she does not due them justice (my opinion) like Mary. Mette Marit does not dress for her figure and often looks frumpy for her age. She is very beautiful, but doesn't take full advantage. I wouldn't call Mary a "fashion" princess. Her clothes are current but not strictly for the fashion crowd. Sometimes, I feel that the Dutch royals dress too over the top fashion, Mary is not like that. All the CP has beautiful moments. IMO, mary is the one who is best and I like. But as far as her participating only in fashion, it is only one of her patronages. It is also one of the largest industries in Denmark. She reuses a lot of her clothes as well. But her patronages are long and varied. She also has some international ones too. She also started her own foundation. She earns her keep.

Lilla 06-06-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 775782)
And as far as the temperature in Denmark is considered: it hardly ever gets over 25 c Celsius, so I don't think she would have keeled over in a skirt!!

Actually the temperatures in Denmark has been between 27 - 30 c Celsius for the last week. It is unnormal for this early in the summertime - but what Mary did - when dressed in shorts - is very very very normal. She simply did what the rest of the population in Denmark did. Enjoyed the sun:flowers:.

Saphire 06-06-2008 06:29 PM

Mary was dressed appropriately to go out with her kid for an ice cream. I have to dress up for work, but when my kid wants an ice cream we go to the ice cream parlor wearing shorts.

sneeuwklokje 06-07-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilla (Post 775971)
Actually the temperatures in Denmark has been between 27 - 30 c Celsius for the last week. It is unnormal for this early in the summertime - but what Mary did - when dressed in shorts - is very very very normal. She simply did what the rest of the population in Denmark did. Enjoyed the sun:flowers:.

But Mary is not like every other Dane. She is a Royal, not some celeb. Maybe it's better if we start another topic about this.

Her_Majesty 06-07-2008 01:03 PM

So, Mary should wear designer pieces in her freetime aswell?
Everyone would scream : "Stop waisting so much money" and call her a "Luxury Princess" then.
As you see: No matter what Mary does, to some poeple she always does it wrong.

GlitteringTiaras 06-07-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 776129)
But Mary is not like every other Dane. She is a Royal, not some celeb. Maybe it's better if we start another topic about this.

Not in the fashion forum.;):smile:

sneeuwklokje 06-09-2008 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 776198)
So, Mary should wear designer pieces in her freetime aswell?
Everyone would scream : "Stop waisting so much money" and call her a "Luxury Princess" then.
As you see: No matter what Mary does, to some poeple she always does it wrong.

No, she absolutely doesn't have to wear designer clothes in her freetime, but Mary no shorts in public please, you're a Royal!! (but do wear them in your house, garden, on holiday). I hope you do get my point now.