The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 2: May 2008 - January 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/crown-princess-marys-eveningwear-part-2-may-2008-january-2009-a-17176.html)

GlitteringTiaras 05-29-2008 03:22 PM

Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 2: May 2008 - January 2009

Welcome to HRH Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear: Part Two.
The previous can be found here.

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Mandy, dazzling, kwanfan, TheTruth, and GT.

dazzling 05-29-2008 05:39 PM

The pink dress Mary wore to Fred's 40th birthday was beautiful, it shimmered nicely & not too much. The lace/fabric suited Mary, very soft when she walked. The mint coat over it was eye-catching, IMO the coat style didnt match the dress but still looked good.
I would love to see a picture of the coat off. Does anyone know who designed the dress?

udyusa 05-29-2008 07:27 PM

I Loved the shoes! What other color would she have worn... black:-( ? Mary is becoming the best dressed CP, imo. She is just exquisite in her choices both day and evening.

kimebear 05-29-2008 07:38 PM

It seems as if the mint overcoat was used because of the rain. She appears to be carrying a pink wrap that matches the dress nicely. They were probably hoping for better weather:flowers:

Lakshmi 05-29-2008 07:50 PM

This pink dress seems very nice, I say seems b/c I can't see the whole dress. Are there better pics of this dress, pleaasee?:blush: But green coat, oh no.:ohmy:

denice 05-29-2008 07:52 PM

I love both the dress and coat. Very pretty!

ayvee 05-29-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 773101)
The pink dress Mary wore to Fred's 40th birthday was beautiful, it shimmered nicely & not too much. The lace/fabric suited Mary, very soft when she walked. The mint coat over it was eye-catching, IMO the coat style didnt match the dress but still looked good.
I would love to see a picture of the coat off. Does anyone know who designed the dress?

The dress is by a Lithuanian designer:
Juozas Statkevičius
Fabric is similar to 1st dress on Spring/Summer 2007 Pret-a-Porter Collection and the 10th gown in Autumn/Winter 2001/2002 Couture Collection.

Not sure who designed the coat.

This info is according to a Lithuanian from the CPMary Message Board.

Fashionista100 05-29-2008 08:20 PM

Normally I like almost everything she wears. Some stuff even grows on me later. But this is just plain awful. Yuck!!

anthonyVIP 05-29-2008 08:25 PM

have you guys seen Crown princess mary's dress at the most recent wedding , It's the most elegant and brilliant dress I've seen in ages .. it's timeless and alive and super elegant , worthy of a priness of her stature .. it's designer by Ole Yde , a phenomenal talent from Denmark , check his website , you'll see what I mean .. YDE - by Ole Yde

SASSY 05-29-2008 09:34 PM

I am not digging the green over coat. I would love to see the dress underneath.

SASSY 05-29-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonyVIP (Post 773158)
have you guys seen Crown princess mary's dress at the most recent wedding , It's the most elegant and brilliant dress I've seen in ages .. it's timeless and alive and super elegant , worthy of a priness of her stature .. it's designer by Ole Yde , a phenomenal talent from Denmark , check his website , you'll see what I mean .. YDE - by Ole Yde

Thanks for the link, I really like some of his designs esp. the white (cotton?) shirt with the highwaist black (taffeta?) full skirt. I'd wear that if I were Mary.

LadyCat 05-29-2008 10:20 PM

can't blame her for the green coat, at least it protected what appears to be a lovely dress from the rain. And it looks a lot better that the yellow Margrethe wore over her fuchsia!:eek:

Cat

Currier 05-29-2008 10:21 PM

Loved the mint green evening coat but I wouls have liked something different underneath. Perhaps a fuller view of the pink dress will show it be a good choice. In any case, Mary won so many points with her dress, earrings, etc at the wedding, she's at the head of the fashion game.

HRH Kerry 05-29-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currier (Post 773169)
Loved the mint green evening coat but I wouls have liked something different underneath. Perhaps a fuller view of the pink dress will show it be a good choice. .

Currier,
Join the club, step in line,etc. Just about all of us are dying to get a fuller view of that dress.:smile:

udyusa 05-30-2008 12:16 AM

You are soo right about that!!

marmi 05-30-2008 01:05 AM

I love both the coat and the dress!

charmed4sure 05-30-2008 02:13 AM

I love both the dress and coat, usually i hate when two very different colors are put together , but this is an exception...beautiful.

missjane 05-30-2008 04:36 AM

Over at Hello, there is a bigger picture of the dress and up close too. Dazzling has actually provided a link at the top of this page. Thank you Dazzling!!

Boris 05-30-2008 04:53 AM

Absolutely gorgeous look. The combination of contrasting colors and very different fabrics is bold and works amazingly well.
Lately, CP Mary is the only one who succeeds in going for a combination that's not easy to achieve: Looking regally elegant but still fresh and young, plus adding her individual touch on top of it. I agree that she's on her way to becoming the most stylish Royal lady out there.

dazzling 05-30-2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayvee (Post 773150)
The dress is by a Lithuanian designer:
Juozas Statkevičius
Fabric is similar to 1st dress on Spring/Summer 2007 Pret-a-Porter Collection and the 10th gown in Autumn/Winter 2001/2002 Couture Collection.

Not sure who designed the coat.

This info is according to a Lithuanian from the CPMary Message Board.

Thanks. Ive never heard of him. He has some lovely pieces, maybe we see more of her in them. I could imagine the sleeves to be cap sleeves.