The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Frederik, Haakon & Victoria's visit to Svalbard; June 21-27, 2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/frederik-haakon-and-victorias-visit-to-svalbard-june-21-27-2008-a-17123.html)

norwegianne 05-23-2008 06:44 AM

Frederik, Haakon & Victoria's visit to Svalbard; June 21-27, 2008
 
The heirs to the Scandinavian thrones will visit Svalbard and the areas around the islands, 21-27 June 2008.

All three of them are protectors of the International Polar Year in their respective countries.

They'll start in Longyearbyen, on the 21, by entering the Swedish research vessel IB "Oden", which is on a research mission in the area. During their visit, there will be scientific lectures by Nordic polar researchers.

They will visit the Norwegian research station, Ny Ålesund on the 26th.

De skandinaviska tronföljarna till polarområdena i gemensam miljömanifestation - Kungahuset [NS4 version]
kongehuset.no - Skandinavias tronfølgere til Svalbard

Larzen 06-10-2008 01:32 PM

Se og Hør speculated this weekend that the Crown Prince Family would spend the beginning of their summervacation at Svalbard for a sort of adventour vacation, and further wrote that Haakon loves Svalbrard and woudl love to show it to his family, and this seems now the be even more sure when looking at this press release:

Crown Princess Victoria, Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit will visit Longyearbyen on June 27th

The agend will invlude a visit to the polarflock kindergarden, a tour of Longyearbyen with cultural performances, and a visit to the university center of Svalabard.
The visit ends with a lunch at Sysselmannen.

I cant imagine Mette-Marit flying all this way if it was not that they were going on vacation there afterwords. Haakon and Victoria coul dhave done this alone if she was not going there anyhow. Hopefully they let the press have some pictures of the kids at Svalbard also.
kongehuset.no - Kongelig besøk i Longyearbyen

norwegianne 06-10-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen (Post 777446)
Se og Hør speculated this weekend that the Crown Prince Family would spend the beginning of their summervacation at Svalbard for a sort of adventour vacation, and further wrote that Haakon loves Svalbrard and woudl love to show it to his family, and this seems now the be even more sure when looking at this press release:

Crown Princess Victoria, Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit will visit Longyearbyen on June 27th

The agend will invlude a visit to the polarflock kindergarden, a tour of Longyearbyen with cultural performances, and a visit to the university center of Svalabard.
The visit ends with a lunch at Sysselmannen.

I cant imagine Mette-Marit flying all this way if it was not that they were going on vacation there afterwords. Haakon and Victoria coul dhave done this alone if she was not going there anyhow. Hopefully they let the press have some pictures of the kids at Svalbard also.
kongehuset.no - Kongelig besøk i Longyearbyen

It seems odd that Mette-Marit joins them for this - and Frederik stops his trip a day early. :ermm:

kwanfan 06-10-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne (Post 777551)
It seems odd that Mette-Marit joins them for this - and Frederik stops his trip a day early. :ermm:

He's probably going sailing. ;)

morhange 06-11-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwanfan (Post 777673)
He's probably going sailing. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if he was! :lol:

Freye 06-11-2008 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne (Post 777551)
It seems odd that Mette-Marit joins them for this - and Frederik stops his trip a day early. :ermm:

There is a big military function on in Denmark, and the entire Danish Royal Family is expected to attend.

Larzen 06-11-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne (Post 777551)
It seems odd that Mette-Marit joins them for this - and Frederik stops his trip a day early. :ermm:

I would be strange for Mette-Marit to come all this way just for this day if they were not doing something else afterwords, but if they are going on vacation there, then not so strange, and as the school summer vacation starts at that point also its perfect time to bring the kids to see Svalbard. Im sure esepcially Marius would really love it there. The other twp might be a bit smal maybe?

A picture of Mette-Marit i have not seen before, seems to be taken during her last visit to Svalbard this winter
Svalbardposten

galatea_12 06-22-2008 02:41 AM

Royal Arctic Expedition On The Icebreaker 'Oden'

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/816...0A760B0D811297

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/816...0A760B0D811297

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/816...0A760B0D811297

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/816...0A760B0D811297

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/816...0A760B0D811297


more pics here

getty images

LadyFinn 06-22-2008 03:46 AM

Crown princess Victoria, crown prince Haakon and crown prince Frederik started yesterday their arctic expedition on the icebreaker Oden.
Aftonbladet/Isprinsessan
Victoria was in a very good mood last evening, when she was starting her arctic expedition with Haakon and Frederik. She said that she had heard the press talking about Daniel Westling´s move to Drottningholm castle estates, but she didn´t want to talk about it.
The three royal heirs will be at the Oden for six days together with 21 crew members and 37 other passengers.
During the trip they will be shown research techniques and test equipment used in polar experiments.
The idea to this joint trip came from king Carl Gustaf three years ago, told Victoria. But just now the three of them could make it happen it because of their busy agendas.
Frederik said that it will be great to experience this trip together and learn about the climate change.
Haakon said that he was proud to show this part of Norway to Victoria and Frederik and Victoria was proud that they do it at a swedish icebreaker.
Siste/Kronprinsmøte

Photos:
Getty Images gallery

ursulajohanna 06-22-2008 03:59 AM

LadyFinn, thanks for the informations and links about trip with icebreaker Oden!
I hope, we will see more information about there six days trip about learning climate change!

LadyFinn 06-22-2008 04:24 AM

Expressen/Victoria sprider glans över Svalbard

galatea_12 06-22-2008 09:05 AM

Video of Haakon, Fred and Victoria boarding the Oden

Victoria ledet an*|* TV 2 Nyhetene

Binz 06-22-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morhange (Post 777697)
I wouldn't be surprised if he was! :lol:

If you really want to know what this royals are doing just check the calender. the caleder is updated at least for the following one or two weeks.

D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessens kalender

And no Frederik doesn't go sailing after the 30th of June, though maybe later.

LadyFinn 06-22-2008 12:58 PM

One more photo:
Daylife

Articles:
Rakkestad Avis/Humørfylt og kongelig (nice photos)
Svalbardposten/Bor trangt for miljøet
Rogalands Avis/Kongelig Svalbard-turné
Polaråret/Ønsker klimasvar på Svalbard

norwegianne 06-22-2008 01:19 PM

I know that sometimes we can get a bit confused about the royals and photo opportunity vs. royals and doing things argument ;) - so here is a link to the International Polar Year (in English), so those who want to can read more about the organization Haakon, Victoria and Frederik are all patrons of :flowers:

LadyFinn 06-22-2008 01:36 PM

Hello! / Scandinavian royals take fact-finding mission to Arctic
Hello! photos

Lilla 06-22-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 790277)
The three royal heirs will be at the Oden for six days together with 21 crew members and 37 other passengers.
During the trip they will be shown research techniques and test equipment used in polar experiments.
The idea to this joint trip came from king Carl Gustaf three years ago, told Victoria. But just now the three of them could make it happen it because of their busy agendas.
Frederik said that it will be great to experience this trip together and learn about the climate change.
Haakon said that he was proud to show this part of Norway to Victoria and Frederik and Victoria was proud that they do it at a swedish icebreaker.

What I really like about this trip is that the three of them is bringing the scandinavian countryes together in an way - and I do know that I am overstating - that has not been seen since the Kalmar Recess. This is a small vision of what is to come to pass:flowers:.

vestfoldlilja 06-22-2008 07:42 PM

On the news today, I saw a segment about the trip. All three looked very happy, relaxed and they very clearly enjoy each others company. It was one really sweet moment in my opinion, where Crown Prince Haakon says it is nice for him to show this side of Norway to the others. Where upon Crown Princess Victoria laughing and leaning towards him say "on a Swedish ship". They all have a laugh about that and the Crown Princess turns to Crown Prince Frederik, hugging him saying "with a kind/good Dane with us". Nice to see them have fun with the different Scandinavian countries and way of life like us regular folk do.

It was also mentioned that they would not get special treatment, so their sleeping arrangement and everything else will be sparse, but I think it was Crown Prince Frederik who said that would be fine.
All three mentioned this was a trip they were looking forward to and were glad they got to experience it together.

Paty 06-23-2008 05:21 AM

Article and Photos from the International Polar Year website
Ønsker klimasvar på Svalbard - Det Internasjonale Polaråret 2007-2008

From Aftenposten
Kronprinsessen og det kalde kongeriket - Nyheter - Kongelige - Aftenposten.no

Video from the Danish Tv DR
Tronarvinger på Svalbard - dr.dk/NETTV/Update

galatea_12 06-23-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 790407)

"Are you going to have a party?" one of the journalists asked before they boarded the ship.
"When we are together it is always a party," Victoria said. :biggrin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vestfoldlilja (Post 790532)
On the news today, I saw a segment about the trip. All three looked very happy, relaxed and they very clearly enjoy each others company. It was one really sweet moment in my opinion, where Crown Prince Haakon says it is nice for him to show this side of Norway to the others. Where upon Crown Princess Victoria laughing and leaning towards him say "on a Swedish ship". They all have a laugh about that and the Crown Princess turns to Crown Prince Frederik, hugging him saying "with a kind/good Dane with us".

That's so sweet of Victoria. :wub: I'm so glad they finally made this trip.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises