The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Weddings General Discussion (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/)
-   -   What is your favorite mental "snapshot" of a wedding? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/what-is-your-favorite-mental-snapshot-of-a-wedding-17114.html)

NotAPretender 05-21-2008 08:40 PM

What is your favorite mental "snapshot" of a wedding?

By this, I mean the one image from a Royal wedding that summarizes all of it to you.

Mine? Joachim & Alexandra of Denmark, their wedding dance with family and friends "closing the circle" around them. The sheer giddy happiness of that moment, the support of family and friends in the traditional circle, the melding of the North and the Pacific, the perfect blending of the personal and the public...utterly enchanting.

It might be in bad taste to bring this up on the eve of his marriage to his second wife, but I have to say that is the one wedding image that remains with me.

charmed4sure 05-21-2008 10:11 PM

Isn't it Joachim and Alexandra? I think My moment is When Princess Diana started her walk up St.Paul's stairs and the state trumpets came up, something about that moment still gives me goosebumps:wub:
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotAPretender (Post 769345)
By this, I mean the one image from a Royal wedding that summarizes all of it to you.

Mine? Frederick & Alexandra of Denmark, their wedding dance with family and friends "closing the circle" around them. The sheer giddy happiness of that moment, the support of family and friends in the traditional circle, the melding of the North and the Pacific, the perfect blending of the personal and the public...utterly enchanting.

It might be in bad taste to bring this up on the eve of his marriage to his second wife, but I have to say that is the one wedding image that remains with me.

NotAPretender 05-22-2008 09:54 AM

You are right!

"Isn't it Joachim and Alexandra?"

I'm going to edit my post, because you are correct...thanks!

Little_star 05-22-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotAPretender (Post 769345)

Mine? Joachim & Alexandra of Denmark, their wedding dance with family and friends "closing the circle" around them. The sheer giddy happiness of that moment, the support of family and friends in the traditional circle, the melding of the North and the Pacific, the perfect blending of the personal and the public...utterly enchanting.

I remember that particular shot, it was beautiul and imo iconic. I honestly cannot think of any other Royal wedding where one photograph has so perfectly caputred the moment.

TLLK 05-22-2008 04:20 PM

For myself, I love the looks exchanged by W-A and Maxima throughout their wedding ceremony.

principessa 05-23-2008 05:20 AM

For me its the moment when Mary Donaldson walks into the church and Frederik begins to cry.

Moonmaiden23 05-23-2008 01:44 PM

Andrew and Fergie's balcony kiss was delightful..it seemed so heartfelt and not at all awkward as opposed to Diana and Charles. You could just see that they were nuts about one another.

Baudouin and Fabiola of Belgium are my favorite couple. There are so many beautiful and moving photos of that spectacular wedding. But my favorite is the two of them standing on the balcony of the Palace of Brussels after the wedding, gazing into one another's eyes while the crowd cheered and hailed them from below. They both looked so full of quiet joy.

There is also a beautiful photo of the two of them in a glass topped cadillac heading toward the the Cathedral for the celebration of High Mass after their civil ceremony. You can only see the back of Baudouin's head but Fabiola is holding his hand high, within both of hers, smiling tenderly at him. Her face is surrounding by her billowing tulle veil topped by the magnificent diamond Tiara of the Nine Provinces.

It's such a gorgeous shot, I wish I could post it but it is in their wedding thread.

iowabelle 05-23-2008 03:01 PM

Joy, when the Queen of England was seen running after Prince William when he ran after Andrew and Sarah's carriage, leaving from BP.

Or a very tender emotional moment when Mathilde started to cry while remembering her sister and grandmother, and Philippe passed her his handkerchief. He seemed very in tune with her (and still does, I think).

crownprincessrhey 11-01-2009 10:32 AM

i wonder why cp frederick cried during the wedding? happiness or dread because he will be tied forever??heheheh

Patra 11-01-2009 10:36 AM

I really liked the exchanges between W-A and Maxima during their wedding. Her crying, them holding hands, their looks to each other, etc. Really touches me. (I know, it's sappy)

ladybelline 11-01-2009 11:00 AM

At W-A and Maxima's wedding, when "Adios Nonino" was played and the bride started to cry. So emotional!:flowers:

There is also amoment when singer Sissel sang when Martha Louise of Norway and Ari Behn got married. Bride and groom were tenderly holding hands, silently smiling and looking adoringly to each other. That was just Perfect.

And the brief spoken exchange between Felipe and Letizia just at the beginning of their wedding. "You are so beautiful, I love you..":flowers:

SLV 11-01-2009 11:10 AM

Are there any pictures of those moments?
The looks that Willem-Alexander and Maximá shared are wonderful.

Maura724 11-01-2009 03:16 PM

To mention an older wedding, I love the moment in Margrethe and Henrik's when she gets to the front of the church and he immediately reaches out for her and kisses her. She looks kind of surprised on the video - I don't think he was supposed to do it, which is what makes it so sweet.

maria-olivia 11-01-2009 03:41 PM

Thanks California Dream for our beloved King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola.
I will never forget my grandmother crying when she saw the future Queen wearing for the first time Queen Astrid's tiara and this 25 years after the Queen's tragic death (1935) .

Dierna23 11-01-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybelline (Post 1013242)
At W-A and Maxima's wedding, when "Adios Nonino" was played and the bride started to cry. So emotional!:flowers:

I so agree! I watched it a few weeks again and was choked up again... :verysad: Second favorite snapshot would be CP Frederiks tears...

MelinaB. 11-01-2009 04:49 PM

Or Prince Joachim's tears while he was waiting for Marie to arrive. And the fact that his sons were standing next to him.

Dierna23 11-01-2009 04:57 PM

:previous:

Yes, it's great that the danish Princes seem to be so emotional...

MelinaB. 11-01-2009 04:58 PM

...and then cheat their lovely wives maybe? :whistling: Well, at least this is what Joachim did to Alexandra...

Dierna23 11-01-2009 05:08 PM

Well, at least I hope this will not happen between Mary & Frederik. ;)

Jaya 11-01-2009 05:43 PM

Princess Grace& Prince Rainier

My favorite image is that of Princess Grace and Rainier exiting the chruch when they are finally married and the sun is shining down on them as they so gloriously and perfectly enter the first moments of matrimony.