The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Royal and Princely Houses of Hohenzollern (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f214/)
-   -   Coats of Arms, Standards, Flags, Anthems, Hymns and Marches of the Hohenzollerns (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f214/coats-of-arms-standards-flags-anthems-hymns-and-marches-of-the-hohenzollerns-17021.html)

Warren 04-27-2007 07:24 AM

Coats of Arms, Standards, Flags, Anthems, Hymns and Marches of the Hohenzollerns

Prussia Imperial Arms
(a curiosity)

actually Knights of the Teutonic Order
mistakenly shown in Wikipedia as the Imperial Arms of Prussia

[image removed to avoid unnecessary confusion]

Warren 04-27-2007 07:32 AM

Harold 05-01-2007 09:31 PM

Are those the Prussian arms? I did not think Prussia ever used a double-headed eagle?

suturegeisha 05-01-2007 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold
Are those the Prussian arms? I did not think Prussia ever used a double-headed eagle?

It's used by lots of countries!:
Double-headed eagle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:smile:

Harold 05-02-2007 09:52 AM

The double-headed eagle was used by the Holy Roman Empire and Austria-Hungary. It was not used by Prussia. Here is a link to the Prussian arms:

Image:Ac preussen.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Helena 05-02-2007 09:56 AM

And what do we see on top of the crown? ;)

Warren 05-02-2007 11:51 PM

It's certainly a curiosity. The Crown is Imperial Austria, the black cross underneath it is the Prussian Iron Cross, and the Prussian Arms (single-headed eagle) are in the very centre where the red and white Arms of Austria would normally be.
I have no idea on what occasions this amalgam of Prussia and the Holy Roman Empire/Austria would have been used.

Harold 05-03-2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren
It's certainly a curiosity. .....
I have no idea on what occasions this amalgam of Prussia and the Holy Roman Empire/Austria would have been used.

Hope for the future? A Hohenzollern marries a Habsburg and the monarchy is restored in Prussia and Austria?

Warren 06-22-2008 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A standard of the Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen family.

Marengo 06-24-2008 07:39 AM

Prussian Royal Anthems, Hymns and Marches

I found a march/song with the title 'Wir wollen unseren alten Kaiser Wilhelm wieder haben' (we want our old kaiser wilhelm back) by German singer Heino. The song is on the melody of Richard Henrion's 'Fehrbelliner Reitermarschs' from 1893.

YouTube - Wir wollen unseren alten KAISER WILHELM wiederhaben!

Marengo 06-24-2008 07:42 AM

And now the Emperor's hymn, which sounds familiar (the Royal hymn of Norway has the same melody):

YouTube - Heil dir im Siegerkranz

Text:

1. Heil dir im Siegerkranz, Herrscher des Vaterlands! Heil, Kaiser, dir! I: Fühl in des Thrones Glanz Die hohe Wonne ganz, Liebling des Volks zu sein! Heil Kaiser, dir! :I

2. Nicht Roß, nicht Reisige Sichern die steile Höh', Wo Fürsten steh'n: I:Liebe des Vaterlands, Liebe des freien Manns Gründen den Herrscherthron Wie Fels im Meer.:I

3. Heilige Flamme, glüh', Glüh' und erlösche nie Fürs Vaterland! I:Wir alle stehen dann Mutig für einen Mann Kämpfen und bluten gern Für Thron und Reich!:I

4. Handel und Wissenschaft Heben mit Mut und Kraft Ihr Haupt empor! I:Krieger- und Heldentat Finden ihr Lorbeerblatt Treu aufgehoben dort, An deinem Thron!:I

5. Dauernder stets zu blüh'n Weh' unsre Flagge kühn Auf hoher See! I:Wie so stolz und hehr Wirft über Land und Meer Weithin der deutsche Aar Flammenden Blick.:I

6. Sei, Kaiser Wilhelm, hier Lang' deines Volkes Zier, Der Menschheit Stolz! I:Fühl' in des Thrones Glanz, Die hohe Wonne ganz, Liebling des Volks zu sein! Heil, Kaiser, dir!:I

Original recording (+ clips):

YouTube - Die deutsche Kaiserhymne (Originalaufnahme)

Marengo 06-24-2008 07:47 AM

And the prussian national anthem, which seems to be a mix of a march with the 'Heil dir im Siegerkranz':

YouTube - PRUSSIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM, "Preußenlied"

Marengo 06-24-2008 07:49 AM

And a march called' Preussens Gloria':

YouTube - Preussens Gloria

-
Performed on the Red Square in Moscow:

YouTube - „Preußens Gloria" auf dem Roten Platz in Moskau

PssMarie-Elisabeth 07-23-2008 10:51 PM

Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen: Royal Standard

(Former) Kingdom of Roumania

http://i33.tinypic.com/23sejb5.gif

PssMarie-Elisabeth 01-16-2009 05:28 PM

Die Langen Kerls: Prussian Parade March

I really appreciate how this video shows different military regiments from various regions/provinces throughout Germany (during the late 18th & 19th centuries).

YouTube - Parademarsch der "Langen Kerls"

For more info., read article from Wikipedia
Potsdam Giants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NVDV 03-08-2009 07:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The fictitious coat of arms above are those of the Imperial Teutonic Order.
These are a mix of the Imperial Austrian, Holy roman and German Empire.
The Teutonic order was founded in the 12th century to manage German hospitals during the Crusades in Jerusalem and safeguard the passage for German pilgrims. After a lot of development they still exist as a religious order in Austria. http://www.deutscher-orden.at/ These arms above represent a military Teutonic Order, which does not exist anymore.
Greets
Nicolas

claypoint2 04-16-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 790898)
And now the Emperor's hymn, which sounds familiar (the Royal hymn of Norway has the same melody):

Interesting.... It's also the same tune as England's "God Save The Queen [or King]."

RoyalistRiley 06-10-2009 03:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Found these in an encylopedia of flags. In the first file, the one on the left is that of the German Emperor and the one on the right that of the Empress used from 1871-90; the second file is the Emperor and Empress's from 1890-1981, with the only real change being the eagles on the yellow background.

:previous:Here is the second file mentioned above. Sorry, my computer was having problems at the time..:smile:

RoyalistRiley 06-15-2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 605741)
It's certainly a curiosity. The Crown is Imperial Austria, the black cross underneath it is the Prussian Iron Cross, and the Prussian Arms (single-headed eagle) are in the very centre where the red and white Arms of Austria would normally be.

This arms appears on Wikipedia as those of the German Empire. Perhaps it has something to do with the Austro-Prussian rivalry?

KaiserJames 03-28-2011 10:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NVDV (Post 904740)
The fictitious coat of arms above are those of the Imperial Teutonic Order.
These are a mix of the Imperial Austrian, Holy roman and German Empire.
The Teutonic order was founded in the 12th century to manage German hospitals during the Crusades in Jerusalem and safeguard the passage for German pilgrims. After a lot of development they still exist as a religious order in Austria. http://www.deutscher-orden.at/ These arms above represent a military Teutonic Order, which does not exist anymore.
Greets
Nicolas

He's right.:graduate: This Imperial Eagle is the symbol of the Knights of the Teutonic Order. Since the actual knights don't exist anymore, the Eagle is not used anymore. This Imperial Eagle combines elements from Prussia, Germany, Austria, the Holy Roman Empire, and the Byzantine Empire.
It's found on this site:
Historic and Present List of Knights of The Teutonic Order