The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Electronic Domain (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f220/)
-   -   "The Prince And Me" (2004) - Film 'about' Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f220/the-prince-and-me-2004-film-about-crown-prince-frederik-of-denmark-1687.html)

acdc1 04-22-2007 09:31 PM

I saw the first and liked it a lot. I think it's a really weird coincidence with the real Crown Prince and all. I didn't see the second... heard it wasn't nearly as good.

HRH Kerry 04-22-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc1
I saw the first and liked it a lot. I think it's a really weird coincidence with the real Crown Prince and all. I didn't see the second... heard it wasn't nearly as good.

Its not but you should watch it anyway just to see the humor in it. I like to think of it as a comedy of errors or a fairytale gone awry!:rofl:

Lady Jennifer 04-22-2007 09:59 PM

Oh I can't get over it in the 2nd movie....Crown Queen Paige!

:lol::rofl::bang::lol::rofl::bang:

ETA: Oh my.....they are making a 3rd movie!!! According to the Wikipedia page of Kam Heskin (she played Paige in the 2nd movie) at least.
Kam Heskin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GlitteringTiaras 04-22-2007 11:04 PM

Quote:

Crown Queen Paige!

:lol: I love it. This movie is so bad, that it's good, a total cheesefest.

HRH Kerry 04-22-2007 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
Oh I can't get over it in the 2nd movie....Crown Queen Paige!

:lol::rofl::bang::lol::rofl::bang:

ETA: Oh my.....they are making a 3rd movie!!! According to the Wikipedia page of Kam Heskin (she played Paige in the 2nd movie) at least.
Kam Heskin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OMG!!! Say it ain't so! Say it is! Say it ain't! Say it... Oh I can't make up my mind. I hope the third is even worse! Can't wait to buy it!:rofl:

Is anyone out there watching the repeat airing on ABC Family? I have it dvd but I'm still watching it.:bang:

Elspeth 04-23-2007 12:05 AM

They're making a third movie? Talk about the triumph of hope over experience. :biggrin:

Lady Jennifer 04-23-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth
They're making a third movie? Talk about the triumph of hope over experience. :biggrin:

Well that's what it says on Wikipedia.....so you probably have to take it with a grain of salt.
What would they talk about in a 3rd movie? Show her pregnant? Would they still call her Crown Queen? :lol:

Elspeth 04-23-2007 01:18 AM

They'd probably call her Queen Mother.:lol:

LadyK 04-23-2007 07:59 AM

IMDB doesn't show anything on Luke Mabry's page, nor her page. Thank goodness.

Crown Queen Paige, Third Prince Albert, :rolleyes:

Most movies have researchers that look up information for them- this movie's researchers must have been on a coffee break the entire time!

CPKatarina 04-23-2007 06:18 PM

I saw the sequel last night and it was the cheesiest movie on royals I have seen in a while. Comparing to the Elizabeth I I saw few nights ago, this was a total disaster. Crown Queen Paige!!! Give me a break! :bang:

msleiman 05-08-2007 12:37 PM

I watched the movie and could not beleive that I wasted my time to view it! I never did understand the Crown Queen Paige thing, anyone get this title.

Verde Esmeralda 05-08-2007 01:44 PM

Any Danish user who can tell us how the critics in their country commented on this film (if they ever even made a comment out of it, due to the fact that it has a nexus to Frederik's story)?

HRH Kerry 05-12-2007 08:40 PM

Our favorite movie is on this very minute! Try ABC Family for those of you who are absolute die hard fans.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love the Crown Queen!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LadyK 05-12-2007 09:08 PM

crown queen, crown queen....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

it is all so wrong.

HMTLove23 09-24-2008 06:44 PM

The Prince and Me 3: The Royal Honeymoon (2008)

On October 28 2008, The Prince and Me 3: the Royal Honeymoon will be released on Video. (I Have my Copy on Pre-Order on Amazon.)

It Stars Kam Heskin and Chris Geere as the King and Queen. After Some false starts and several interruptions, along with the tabloids chasing them, King Edvard (Geere) and Queen Paige (Heskin) finally embark upon their honeymoon.

jamesandype 09-24-2008 08:00 PM

Another one?:lol:

MihoshiMarie 09-26-2008 04:11 AM

Here is a summary from Amazon:

Quote:

Six months after their marriage, the newly crowned king of Denmark, PRINCE EDVARD and his wife Dr. PAIGE MORGAN (once a farm girl from Wisconsin) are finally able to leave on their long-planned honeymoon. On their way to the airport, Eddie notices Paige is distressed by the constant paparazzi so he changes their travel plans at the last minute. They fly to Belavia, a remote Danish protectorate rich in natural beauty. Arriving at the Hotel Belavia ski resort, the staff promises to keep the couple's identity a secret, however they are recognized by OLIVER LAERTUS, a flunky for Eddie's nemesis, Prime Minister POLONIUS. Trouble arises when the couple runs into Paige's ex fiancÚ Scott ... Eddie immediately becomes jealous ... furthermore, he senses Scott cannot be trusted. As they take a tour of Belavia's natural beauty, Eddie and Paige discover that Polonius has given orders to bulldoze the precious forest ... to drill for oil. They realize they must do everything they can to try and put a stop to it and save the forest. But first they have to convince the Belavian ruler, Prince Georgiev ... outsmart Scott (who is also in on the devious plot) ... and finally, Eddie must take down Polonius in a showdown amidst the slopes.
I can't wait to see it...I am definitely getting this when it comes out. I love laughing at bad movies.

madeleine victoria 10-08-2008 11:49 AM

I've watched all 3 movies and one thing's for sure, the first one is the best not to mention it was Julia Stiles who played the role of the future Queen of Denmark. Too bad she didn't reprise her role on the 2nd and 3rd movies. Even Luke Mably didn't finish the 3rd movie. The 2nd movie was really bad since they didn't even try to research the title of the wife of the King or the future wife..Crown Queen Paige???? Is there such a title for the fiancee of the current King?

Leslie2006 10-09-2008 10:59 PM

The first one is the best of all of them. I absolutely loved it! When I found out Julia Stiles wasn't returning as Paige, I couldn't bring myself to watch the second one, and now that Luke Mably has forgone his role as Edvard, I certainly am not looking forward to the third installment of this story.

Leslie2006 10-09-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madeleine victoria (Post 834009)
I've watched all 3 movies and one thing's for sure, the first one is the best not to mention it was Julia Stiles who played the role of the future Queen of Denmark. Too bad she didn't reprise her role on the 2nd and 3rd movies. Even Luke Mably didn't finish the 3rd movie. The 2nd movie was really bad since they didn't even try to research the title of the wife of the King or the future wife..Crown Queen Paige???? Is there such a title for the fiancee of the current King?

LOL. I don't think there is, no. The closest to that would be Princess Consort or Queen Consort, but she would be addressed as Queen, not Crown Queen. That's rediculous. Now I'm really glad I didn't watch the second film!