The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   Princess Máxima in Argentina for Microfinance Meeting; April 22, 2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/princess-m-xima-in-argentina-for-microfinance-meeting-april-22-2008-a-16748.html)

lucien 04-20-2008 02:27 AM

Princess Máxima in Argentina for Microfinance Meeting; April 22, 2008

HRH left for Argentina for tuesdays meeting.

Florencia 04-20-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 755977)

HRH left for Argentina for tuesdays meeting.

Thanks lucien for the information.:flowers:
Do you know how long will take her visit to Argentina?

lucien 04-20-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florencia (Post 756181)
Thanks lucien for the information.:flowers:
Do you know how long will take her visit to Argentina?

Hello Florencia,

Just a few days,as she will be back on the 27th,next sunday,I'm sure,Alexander's 41st birthday.
:flowers:

P/S

Does the smoke trouble you a lot?Saw the huge fires.

Florencia 04-20-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 756191)
Does the smoke trouble you a lot?Saw the huge fires.

Yes, it was unbearable. Fortunately, today there is less smoke than yesterday. We are hoping for a change in the wind direction to bring back the "good airs".
Thank you lucien:flowers:

Marengo 04-21-2008 04:50 AM

ANP has a picture of Maxima arriving in Buenos Aires, she is wearting glasses (the first time AFAIK)

Look here.

Caption:

Quote:

MAXIMA ZORREGUIETA in Argentina. Princess Maxima from The Netherlands arrived today to Argentina in advance for her Tuesday 22 April official activity in relation with the economic micro credits. Here arriving form the airport to her residence.

Paty 04-21-2008 05:14 AM

I cant see your photo Lucien!

dazzling 04-21-2008 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paty (Post 756498)
I cant see your photo Lucien!

Here is the picture. I read somewhere that the her two younger daughters are with Maxima on this trip.

ashelen 04-21-2008 11:04 AM

are this reading glasses?

Verde Esmeralda 04-21-2008 02:53 PM

I have to say that this is so far, at least regarding the local media coverage, a low-profile visit indeed. I only found this short announcement of her participation in the microfinance seminar in La Nación newspaper:

LANACION.com

Microcréditos. Pasado mañana, la princesa de los Países Bajos, Máxima Zorreguieta, y el presidente del Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo (BID), Luis Alberto Moreno, abrirán el seminario de microfinanzas en la Argentina. Ese día se reunirán más de 100 líderes del sector de servicios financieros para debatir sobre las perspectivas para poner en práctica los modelos exitosos del negocio de las microfinanzas.

I will keep on searching though!

princess leonor 04-21-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 756505)
Here is the picture. I read somewhere that the her two younger daughters are with Maxima on this trip.

Well, I don't know who has gone with Maxima, but it sure is not Alexia, because she was on the Christening of Magali with her father, so probably Amalia and Ariana are in Argentina with mommy

Verde Esmeralda 04-21-2008 03:03 PM

Ok, it had to happen. Right after my previous post, I found the notification of the meeting with Martín Lousteau, our Minister of Economy, which occured one hour ago (source: Telam news agency):

Servicio fotográfico de la Agencia Nacional de Noticias Télam

Telam: Economía - Lousteau se reunió con Máxima Zorreguieta

Máxima wore a colourful outfit, with stripes. I am afraid I've seen it before. Am I right?

Marengo 04-21-2008 03:04 PM

I think they deducted it from Amalia and Ariane's non-presence in at Magali's baptism, but that doesn't have to mean that they went with their mother to Argentina. Amalia might have gone to a birthday party of a schoolfriend, to a club or maybe she has a cold. And they might have decided to keep Ariane in the care of the nanny at Villa Eikenhorst too.

ANP also has a picture of Máxima meeting that minister, look here. Máxima looks very good IMO, the best in a long time. The outfit looks nice and the hair is done nicely too. How old is the minister btw, he looks very young.

Verde Esmeralda 04-21-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 756609)

They seem to be (is she short sighted?). I love the way they fit her btw!

Verde Esmeralda 04-21-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 756770)
ANP also has a picture of Máxima meeting that minister, look here. Máxima looks very good IMO, the best in a long time. The outfit looks nice and the hair is done nicely too. How old is the minister btw, he looks very young.

Her hair looks really well arranged and neat. I am not really sure about the outfit... as I said, it strikes me as known. Does anyone remember if she wore it previously?

The Minister is young indeed. He is 37 years old.

Ministerio de Economía y Producción - República Argentina

ashelen 04-21-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda (Post 756755)
I have to say that this is so far, at least regarding the local media coverage, a low-profile visit indeed. I only found this short announcement of her participation in the microfinance seminar in La Nación newspaper:

LANACION.com

Microcréditos. Pasado mañana, la princesa de los Países Bajos, Máxima Zorreguieta, y el presidente del Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo (BID), Luis Alberto Moreno, abrirán el seminario de microfinanzas en la Argentina. Ese día se reunirán más de 100 líderes del sector de servicios financieros para debatir sobre las perspectivas para poner en práctica los modelos exitosos del negocio de las microfinanzas.

I will keep on searching though!

sorry, I can not see it

Verde Esmeralda 04-21-2008 03:43 PM

Another article, from Crítica newspaper (Crítica Digital | Información actualizada las 24 horas)

Crítica Digital | Lousteau y Máxima van por los micro proyectos

sunsh1n3 04-21-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 756770)

Maxima looks lovely. I like her hair and I do like her outfit. She shines.

Verde Esmeralda 04-21-2008 03:57 PM

More on the meeting with Martín Lousteau:

Por un programa de créditos para microempresas, Lousteau se reunió con la princesa Máxima

MinutoUno · ¿Para qué se*reunieron Lousteau y la princesa Máxima de Holanda?

Martín Lousteau se reunió con Máxima Zorreguieta - 26 Noticias

They all tell more or less the same - the reasons for the meeting, the present and perspectives of microfinance in the country... but do no go further on Máxima's visit, only reproduce what the press release from the Ministry of Economy states. And they all bought the same picture btw...

ashelen 04-21-2008 04:01 PM

pity, the same photo everywhere! she looks great, i like her hair like this! and her handbag!

Her_Majesty 04-21-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 756609)

Regarding to the way the glasses are placed on her nose I would say no.

Usually reading glasses are placed much deeper on your nose.
The ones Máxima wore look like normal glasses, you use when you are short sighted.