The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/)
-   -   Informal Holiday Poll 2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/informal-holiday-poll-2008-a-16536.html)

dazzling 04-02-2008 06:02 AM

Informal Holiday Poll 2008

Welcome to the April informal poll
Favorite Holiday Photo

These are pictures that have not been seen in past polls. In addition to current reigning royals we also have pictures of non-reigning royals as well.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members. Some individual members also gave their time and effort to choose picture from the non-reigning houses.

Belgium: Marengo, stephanievl, Johann

Britain: milla Ca, Jo of Palatine, TheTruth,

Brunei/Malaysia: Humera - Warren

Denmark: GlitteringTiaras, Jessrulz, Princess Robijn

Japan: Dragonsfire8 - Vanesa

Jordan: Humera - Little_star, salma

Luxembourg: JessRulz - grim_lady, kyansaunt20

Monaco: Iceflower - tbhrc, radker18, sgl

Morocco: Humera – Warren

Norway: Her_Majesty - Kikkib, carlota, Atene, RhapsodyBrat

Spain: Anna_R - crisiñaki, Paty

Sweden: iceflower - Madame Royale, HRH Kerry

The Netherlands: The Watcher, Marengo, Lucien

The poll will be open for three weeks. It will close on 28 April 2008. During these three weeks, we ask that no one state whom they've voted for so as not to influence other members as they make their choices.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in the order in which they were received and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Enjoy and have fun!:biggrin:

Empress, Mandy & Dazzling

dazzling 04-03-2008 04:05 AM

A.) Norway

Picture Link
Source: Scanpix

"Princess Ingrid shares an intimate laugh with her grandma, Queen Sonja, over cookies and sweets for the family's annual Christmas celebrations'.

B.) Belgium

Picture Link
Source: Belga

"Seasons greetings from Laeken Palace where the Duke of Brabant poses for the camera with his three children".

C.) Sweden

Picture Link
Source: gettyimages

" Invitation to the nation - Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine of Sweden open the gate of the Royal Castle in Stockholm to the public as part of national day celebrations in Sweden 06 June 2007. For the second year the Swedish national day is a public holiday".

D.) Denmark

Picture Link
Source: Image courtesy of DRW's; rehosted.

"Christmas at Fredensborg Palace, 2006".

E.) Monaco

Picture Link
Source: gettyimages

" A little princess and her stubborn hat - Princess Alexandra of Hanover with her sister Charlotte Casiraghi, her parents Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst-August of Hanover and her aunt Princess Stephanie of Monaco during the Monaco National Day celebrations, 19 November 2007 in Monaco"

F.) Luxembourg

Picture Link
Source: Cour grand-ducale, SIP/Charles Caratini

"Members of the Grand Ducal Family listen to a church service in recognition of the National Day of Luxembourg on June 23, 2007."

G.) Spain

Picture Link
Source: Polfoto

"King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia and the Princes of Asturias celebrate the Pascua Militar holiday with a formal gathering at the Royal Palace'.

H.) Brunei

Picture Link
Source: Infofoto

(L-R) "Their Highnesses, Lords Abdul Haseeb (pictured with his nanny?), Abdul Raqib, and Ladies Hariisah and Raheemah attend the Eid-ul-Fitr open house at the Nurul Iman Palace on October 15, 2007. The four siblings are children of Princess Rashidah, daughter of the Sultan of Brunei. The royal family celebrates every Eid-ul-Fitr, the festival marking the end of the holy month of Ramadan, by receiving guests, dignitaries and ordinary citizens at the royal palace for three days".

I.) The Netherlands

Picture Link
Source: Photo taken by Willem-Alexander, photo published by koninklijkhuis.nl

"Amalia, Alexia and Ariane spent the Christmas holiday in Argentina, with their parents and other family members. 2008, picture taken by The Prince of Orange".

J.) Britian

Picture Link
Source: GettyImages

"Her Majesty's Christmas message"

dazzling 04-09-2008 04:46 PM

Please remember to not mention who you have voted for until the poll is closed. Thanks

Little_star 04-09-2008 05:47 PM

The Belgium photo link leads to a photo of Christina Ricci.

Elspeth 04-09-2008 06:52 PM

It's working OK for me.

Aurora810 04-09-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star (Post 751724)
The Belgium photo link leads to a photo of Christina Ricci.

When I used the "picture link" in Dazzling's post, I also got some weird thing. But then I went up to the top of the page where the list of choices are in the voting box. Just to the right of the voting choice with the letters are links in blue. I then clicked on the link next to the "b" (which is Belgium's pic)and the pic came up perfectly. Try that!

Empress 04-09-2008 07:10 PM

The problem has been fixed.

Vanesa 04-09-2008 07:25 PM

Wonderful pics! Very hard to choice just one, indeed! :smile:

Vanesa.

galatea_12 04-09-2008 09:20 PM

All the pictures are wonderful!!!! :wub:

candygirl_68 04-10-2008 08:11 AM

i can't decide wich one to pick! they're all so nice!:wub:

Princess_Beatrix 04-10-2008 01:42 PM

Why no pictures of the spanish easter?

Her_Majesty 04-10-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix (Post 752086)
Why no pictures of the spanish easter?

Our guideline for this Poll:
Quote:

Favorite Holiday Photo
- Must show an official Holiday in that royals country. For the period of November 2006- January 2008.
The Spanish easter celebrations took place after January 2008 (obviously ;)). That's why it's not involved in the poll.

Turkish Delight 04-11-2008 10:23 AM

It's really hard to chose!! Really great work!:flowers:

princess leonor 04-11-2008 11:04 AM

why not the photo of the Kings of Spain with all their grandchildren? THat was informal, and so cute!!!

Her_Majesty 04-11-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess leonor (Post 752379)
why not the photo of the Kings of Spain with all their grandchildren? THat was informal, and so cute!!!

Princess Leonor, check out this poll:http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...oll-15581.html
It was already used in the Portrait Poll. ;)

princess leonor 04-11-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 752383)
Princess Leonor, check out this poll:http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...oll-15581.html
It was already used in the Portrait Poll. ;)

Sorry :ohmy: hadn't seen that , thanks for the quick answer :flowers:

Her_Majesty 04-11-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess leonor (Post 752384)
Sorry :ohmy: hadn't seen that , thanks for the quick answer :flowers:

No problem at all. I hope you found a favourite picture anyway. :flowers:

jcbcode99 04-11-2008 10:43 PM

Wonderful photos! They all show a very warm side of the different royal famillies.

Penny Lane 04-12-2008 02:07 PM

This isn't fair! They are all so wonderful I'm going to have a tough time choosing.

Her_Majesty 04-27-2008 11:44 AM

This Poll is closed!

Winners of the "Informal Holiday Poll 2008" :

:norwayflag:Norway and the Netherlands :dutchflag:!

1)
Norway
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...oyals/Xmas.jpg
"Princess Ingrid shares an intimate laugh with her grandma, Queen Sonja, over cookies and sweets for the family's annual Christmas celebrations'.

The Netherlands
http://i28.tinypic.com/28iol8p.jpg

"Amalia, Alexia and Ariane spent the Christmas holiday in Argentina, with their parents and other family members. 2008, picture taken by The Prince of Orange".

2) Belgium

3) Denmark

Thanks alot for yor Votes! :flowers:

Feel free to discuss which picture you voted for now!