The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Imperial House of Habsburg (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f210/)
-   -   Archduke Karl, Head of the Imperial House, Archduchess Francesca and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f210/archduke-karl-head-of-the-imperial-house-archduchess-francesca-and-family-16502.html)

Martine 10-06-2003 03:10 PM

Archduke Karl, Head of the Imperial House, Archduchess Francesca and Family

I heard that Karl of Austria and his wife have split up. is this true?

Lena 10-06-2003 08:09 PM

I remember that this was a big topic in the austrian magazine NEWS in june (?) and the story was also copied from other tabloids in germany. The reason for their assumption was that Francesca bought a flat in Vienna and so they assumed that she would move from Salzburg to Vienna...both, Franceca and Karl have denied those rumours, and as it was tabloid-stuff I wouldn´t take it to serious...

Martine 10-07-2003 04:08 AM

thanks for clearing that up !

i read it in a german tabloid and they said that their son is living in vienna too;i didn't take that too serious , but I thought it was weird though when i noticed in vanity fair there was only a picture of karl and the kids

anyway hope it's not true

HMTLove23 12-14-2007 07:11 PM

Archduke Karl, Archduchess Fransesca and Family; February 2008 -

according to Wikipedia website (I know its not 100 % accurate sometimes) Archduke KArl and his wife BAranoess Francesca Seperated Amicibly in 2003. Is that true? or did they get back together?

Karl Habsburg-Lothringen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marengo 12-18-2007 07:06 PM

As far as I know their situation is unchanged. She lives in Vienna during the week, he in Salzburg and in the weekend Fransesca comes to Salzburg too. I believe the eldest daughter is living with Fransesca and the other two children with Carl.

Marengo 02-07-2008 05:22 AM

Archduke Karl, Archduchess Fransesca and Family; February 2008 -

Archduchess Fransesca attended the Philharmoniker Ball in Vienna, wearing a fabulous necklace (/converted tiara). Some pictures (not all overly flattering IMO):

Fransesca taking a picture

Taking a picture of Bob Geldof

Any idea what she is doing here?

Having fun with her jewels

Posing with a gentleman

A nice picture

pictures originally provided by Veronika N on the Royal Jewels of the Worl MB.

Marengo 03-30-2008 11:51 AM

This weeks Point de Vue has interviewed Archduchess Fransesca in Graz. I haven't been able to take a proper look at the article but it seemed to be about an art exhibition.She also said that she was finally able to be who she was, or something in that direction.

Last week they had pictures of her partying in Gstaad btw.

Marengo 04-18-2008 10:13 AM

Archduchess Fransesca is listed as a 'speaker' on an organisation called DLD Conference'. Does anybody know what the organisation does?

Look at Fransesca's profile here.

--

On 31 March 2008 newspaper 'Der Standard' published an interview with Archduchess Fransesca. Due to the human rights violations in China she has the opinion that exhibitions and concerts that were to be held there should be cancelled. She also talks about the things that are happening in Tibet.

Somehow the article itself can not be linked, but the website of the newspaper is derStandard.at , you can look the article up there.

lucien 04-18-2008 04:00 PM

DLD Conference - Digital, Life, Design

Burda Media organises it.

Marengo 06-03-2008 03:03 PM

Point de Vue had a rather long article/interview with AD Fransesca meeting the Dalai Lama. According to the headline Fransesca sais that dirigents of orchestra's should boycot the Olympics in China, due to the Tibet crisis.

HMTLove23 11-12-2008 06:09 PM

Habsburg/Thyssens Split???

RICHARD KAY: Thyssen's girl faces a sad split | Mail Online

Marengo 11-13-2008 06:52 AM

From geramerica:

Quote:

Karl Habsburg Lothringen’s marriage to Francesca von Habsburg is over, Austrian newspaper Österreich reported.

You would never guess, from Francesca’s vast penthouse in the center of Vienna, that she is married to Karl, grandson of the last Austrian emperor. He has reportedly packed up everything he owns and walked out after the latest in a series of furious rows with his wife.

He is now living in a 36 room villa in Salzburg.
read the entire article here.

maria-olivia 11-13-2008 12:49 PM

May a divorced AD be head of his Family if the old AD Otto dies ??

MAfan 11-13-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 852446)
May a divorced AD be head of his Family if the old AD Otto dies ??

Karl is already the Head of the Family, since July 2007; however I think there are no problems for Karl's Headship...Hoping they don't divorce...

Count 11-13-2008 01:06 PM

I am not surprised, they have private fights since long time...

Stefan 11-13-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAfan (Post 852450)
Karl is already the Head of the Family, since July 2007; however I think there are no problems for Karl's Headship...Hoping they don't divorce...

Not July since January 2007.

pamk 11-13-2008 03:13 PM

Francesca has always been a free spirit and party girl - she and Karl were attracted to each other through their work in restoring Dubrovnik after all of the war and violence -
She must have known what she was getting into by marrying Karl - for many years she seemed to be the proper housewife and mother -
She seems to have two sides - the party girl on one side and the caring, concerned patron of the arts on the other -

HMTLove23 11-13-2008 03:32 PM

She also had a brief Role in "Crown Prince" the 2006 Movie about austrian Crown Prince Rudolph, she played Queen Marie-Henriette of Belgium.

MAfan 11-13-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 852478)
Not July since January 2007.

Yes, I'm sorry. The letter of Archduke Otto was signed in December, and Karl became Head of the Family the first of January, 2007. In July this fact was published...

JSP 07-09-2009 01:21 PM

Despite living separate lives, they tent to be reunited sometimes, may be for the sake of their kids.

I think it was around Easter that Point de Vue published an article on them related to the visit the couple and their 3 children made to a park in Japan.

The girls are truly beautiful, specially Gloria.

Has anybody kept that issue of PdV and can post the photos please ?