The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   Daniel Westling's Interview with Dagens Industri; September 2005 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/daniel-westlings-interview-with-dagens-industri-september-2005-a-16480.html)

Lena 09-23-2005 06:42 AM

Daniel Westling's Interview with Dagens Industri; September 2005

Summary of an article in EXPRESSEN about an article in DAGENS INDUSTRI weekend.
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=440364

Sweden´s new prince speaks

Daniel worries about the health of the Swedes. He says, that according to public authorities in the year 2030 Sweden will have 10 million inhabitants. 6 million will be overweight.

So Daniel is planning a new concept. He says, that they will keep and improve the concept of Master Training. But here the circle od customers is limited. So Daniel wants a broader range of customers, the goal is a chain.

Daniel doesn´t tell about Victoria (this was one condition for the interview) He says, that it´s a big advantage to have so many customers, who play with so many ideas in their jobs.

Daniel also tells, that he has worked with older ppl and with children with various needs during his time at the Lillsveds college for sports (this doesn´t sound bad...I wonder, what exactly he did)

And Daniel has also an advice for ppl, who can´t go to the gym. He says, that they should walk half an hour a day (Don´t Swedes have to go half an hour to their mail box anyway ;) :p )
About his job as MD, Daniel says, that he works with the customers, just like the employees of Master Training, but according to him a MD has to think strategically, has to plan and has to make decisions.

So again an interview for Dagens Industri. I wonder, what he prefers...a) a breakfast with his girlfriend or b) a breakfast alone with the newest issue of DI, with a report on his businesses. :rolleyes:

It seems Daniel wants to keep at least his shares as prince. To me it doesn´t sound, as if he would sell all and would find to an end with this phase.

Aftonbladet, on the other hand, had to choose of course an other maneuver than Expressen. According to their sources Victoria has no time for a wedding next summer (yes, in between swimming, walking the dog, eating strawberries and weeding, there´s not much time for a wedding...Dennism I want praise for this ENGLISH pun ;) )
I would say, that both, Expressen and Aftonbladet have no real informed sources. Expressen is just reacting on all the signs...and Aftonbladet is contradicting its old "enemy"

DI had also pics to the article.
"The prize for "the best J.R. Ewing-smirk" goes to"...tension....excitement...."Daniel Westling"...clapping in the audience ;)
I must say this new pic was so shocking (in a negative way), that I had to eat half a pack Ritter Sport at once...obviously health food and sports only makes one looking old and awkward :rolleyes:

You can see the mentioned pictures in La La´s post above...

tog 09-23-2005 07:44 AM

The article in expressen refers to an article in Dagens Industri which is online ttp://di.se/Nyheter/?page=%2fAvdelningar%2fArtikel.aspx%3fstat%3d0%26ArticleID%3d2005%5c09%5c23%5c157802%26SectionId%3dDagensBonus%26menusection%3dStartsidan%3bDagensBonus There are another two photos of him. There are also a list of everyone who sits on the board of Master training.

http://di.se/Databas/2005/09/23/Pix/danielart2ny.jpg http://di.se/Databas/2005/09/23/Pix/danielartny.jpg

Lena 09-23-2005 07:53 AM

Thank you for searching the DI-article with more pics, tog.

These 2 pictures are better...but one can IMO clearly see, that the camera and Daniel aren´t friends...hopefully this will change, as it has changed for Mette Marit.

Yennie 09-23-2005 08:10 AM

the first photo of him is horrible... I cant belive they chose to have that on the front page :eek:

The last two are better, but I agree with you Lena, it doesn´t seems like he and the camera are friends at all :)

btw, I think its silly that they doesn´t mention the "royal connection" when speaking about the members. C´mon, we all know you are dating the crownprincess. Sure, their private life has nothing to do with this article but writing that several members of "näringslivet" are members but nothing about the royals is just silly :)

Quote:

Vi hade ett visst kundunderlag från början, men det har krävt mycket arbete för att nå de medlemmar vi nu har. Vi har aldrig annonserat, utan vi har fått fler kunder genom mun-till-mun-metoden", säger han.
Word of mouth? Yeah right :) countless articles in the papers is more right imo :rolleyes:

La la 09-23-2005 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie
the first photo of him is horrible...

He looks much older in that picture than in the other photos.

I think this is a nice shot of him.

www.di.se

Yennie 09-23-2005 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La la
He looks much older in that picture than in the other photos.

I think this is a nice shot of him.

www.di.se

yes it is! He looks kinda cute

Lena 09-23-2005 08:23 AM

Quote:

btw, I think its silly that they doesn´t mention the "royal connection" when speaking about the members. C´mon, we all know you are dating the crownprincess. Sure, their private life has nothing to do with this article but writing that several members of "näringslivet" are members but nothing about the royals is just silly :)

I guess the court doesn´t allow him to speak about Victoria. When Daniel gave this interview in 2004 to a school newspaper in Ockelbo, the court called the teacher and students several times, to make sure, that they don´t ask him about Victoria.

Quote:

Word of mouth? Yeah right :) countless articles in the papers is more right imo :rolleyes:

:D Hm, I think "mun-till-mun-metoden" (mouth-to-mouth-method) is here correct too. Pressing his mouth on the one of the crown princess was surely not a bad move for Master Training :rolleyes:

Yennie 09-23-2005 08:34 AM

No ofcourse he cant say anything about their relationship, but since everyone know that the royal family are members of the gym I think its silly to just say that "some manager" is a member...
Quote:

:D Hm, I think "mun-till-mun-metoden" (mouth-to-mouth-method) is here correct too. Pressing his mouth on the one of the crown princess was surely not a bad move for Master Training :rolleyes:
haha Lena, you are bad :D

Lena 09-23-2005 08:41 AM

Quote:

haha Lena, you are bad :D

:D Well, that´s a far spread fact, I can´t deny ;)
But maybe I should add, that I don´t think and will never think, that Daniel started this relationship on purpose. But I´m pretty sure, he´s enjoying the "side effects"...and I´m agreeing with you, that he should stand to this side effects (even when the court holds an other opinion)

Larzen 09-23-2005 08:55 AM

Another interview to Dagens Industri:confused: , does someone at DI work out at Master Training. And when did DI take such an interest in gyms. He should just say it, the reason my gym makes $$$$ is because Victoria is my girlfriend, and Madeleine works out there. I wonder if he talks to the court and Victoria before giving interviews, and if it is part of a promotion of him as a serious man who has worked with special needs children, and not just a personal trainer.

The pic on the frontpage is horrible, the ones inside is better but he still looks made up.

He cannot think that he can keep his shares in Master Training after the engagement, Letizia thought (naivly) that she could continue her job and it took like 7 minutes before she had to quit.

Lena 09-23-2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
Another interview to Dagens Industri:confused: , does someone at DI work out at Master Training. And when did DI take such an interest in gyms. He should just say it, the reason my gym makes $$$$ is because Victoria is my girlfriend, and Madeleine works out there. I wonder if he talks to the court and Victoria before giving interviews, and if it is part of a promotion of him as a serious man who has worked with special needs children, and not just a personal trianer.

The pic on the frontpage is horrible, the ones inside is better but he still looks made up.

He cannot think that he can keep his shares in Master Training after the engagement, Letizia thought (naivly) that she could continue her job and it took like 7 minutes before she had to quit.

You are making as usual good points, Larzen.
If this statement is really promotion, I hope it´s thought-out. The Swedish media are quite lazy, but they would react, when an acquaintance of Daniel would prove them (Royal court + Daniel) wrong. And such "acquaintances" will appear, as soon as he is in the "Royal trap" (maybe some still remember the pic of Sophie Rhys-Jones, showing her breasts...)

I didn´t know that about Letizia. When she has thought this, then this means, that no one (e.g. Felipe) told her the truth. Maybe it´s the same in Sweden...

BTW. very nice Avatar, Larzen. I guess you have chosen it, because of his "cuteness" ;)

Larzen 09-23-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena
I didn´t know that about Letizia. When she has thought this, then this means, that no one (e.g. Felipe) told her the truth. Maybe it´s the same in Sweden...

This is what she said

Quote:

What I wish, what we intend to do is that I'll slowly leave TVE, not immediately. And it's also clear that from now on and in a progressive way, I'm going to intigrate and dedicate myself to this new life, well, with the responsibilities and obligations that go with it and with the support and affection of...
Translation credit to Nettyroyal

If I remember correctly I did not take many days before she quit completly, if she ever went back to work, spanish posters can correct me

I just find that it must be very difficult for Daniel to wear both hats, already it is clear that he and his companyons has profitted on Victoria beeing his girlfriend, if they got engaged, the future Queen would be connected to a private company making money of her husbands connection. I dont think that is good for the Court in the long run. But maybe Im wrong, we will see what happens.

BTW I voted never in the poll but now I want to change my vote to engagement after nobel and wedding this summer, I really belive they will marry afterall...

fromEU 09-23-2005 10:15 AM

Quote:

Another interview to Dagens Industri:confused: , does someone at DI work out at Master Training. And when did DI take such an interest in gyms. He should just say it, the reason my gym makes $$$$ is because Victoria is my girlfriend, and Madeleine works out there. I wonder if he talks to the court and Victoria before giving interviews, and if it is part of a promotion of him as a serious man who has worked with special needs children, and not just a personal trainer.

Royals are allowed to have shares in companies. I think he can keep the shares, but he will have have to totally leave behind his responsibilities in the company, when he get married.

grevinnan 09-23-2005 12:05 PM

Daniel as Victoria's chosen is now a fact of life. The transition of him from being an anonymous business owner to the future consort of the Crown Princess is going to be awkward for everyone. There is no precedence in Sweden for such a union. I completely admire Daniel for the staying in the relationship despite all negative publicity he has received. The "re-make" of him is necessary for him to be the support Victoria deserves and needs. She is a public person in a very unique position and whatever work it takes for someone not born into the same life situation to become comfortable and at ease with the situation is just part of the process.

I hope both Victoria and Daniel receives all the support they need from all Swedes that support the monarchy. I believe Daniel will surprise us all as time goes on. I have full confidence in Victoria and her choice of life partner.

grevinnan

Gita 09-23-2005 12:44 PM

He looks very smart in those suits.:)

Lena 09-23-2005 04:15 PM

Quote:

This is what she said

Translation credit to Nettyroyal

If I remember correctly I did not take many days before she quit completly, if she ever went back to work, spanish posters can correct me

I just find that it must be very difficult for Daniel to wear both hats, already it is clear that he and his companyons has profitted on Victoria beeing his girlfriend, if they got engaged, the future Queen would be connected to a private company making money of her husbands connection. I dont think that is good for the Court in the long run. But maybe Im wrong, we will see what happens.

BTW I voted never in the poll but now I want to change my vote to engagement after nobel and wedding this summer, I really belive they will marry afterall...

I think Letizia didn´t return to TVE, after her engagement was announced. But I might be wrong too. Maybe she has even announced her engagement in one of her news-shows. Well, I admit this idea is tacky and fits better into a hollywood-movie :p

I also think one can´t combine the job as MD of Master Training with the job "prince". It´s well known, that Royals have shares. But usually they have no relation to the businesses and it are more multi-billion $-businesses. E.g. the king has shares of H&M. And IMO it are two things, if one buys a pullover at H&M or if one buys a membership for the club, where the crown princess and her prince have met. But maybe it´s just me, who has an intellectual problem here. :confused:

I like your post, grevinnan...because it takes people like me (who have followed every single detail of this relationship) back on the ground. Basically I always say, that Daniel has deserved a chance, but in fact I don´t think about that, when I write my posts ;)
But I´m though disagreeing in one point. I´m well aware that Daniel needs a remake, and that this all is unique, new and unusual...but I think this remake should be done in secret and should be visible at and after the engagement.
At this point his "change" only seems enforced. No gym owner would wear business suits and wet hair (well, maybe some moguls in the US, who have chains of a few hundred gyms would do...but Daniel has only 2 gyms).
Of course to go on with the trucker caps wouldn´t be good either...IMO Daniel has at this point only 2 possibilities...a) to disappear until the engagement or b) to get engaged soon. All what he does now is just "dry exercise"...either he wants to do the job or he doesn´t want. I think there´s nothing in between...at least nothing, which prepares for the job...