The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   Mathilde's father, Count Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz, in a critical condition (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/mathildes-father-count-patrick-dudekem-dacoz-in-a-critical-condition-16469.html)

cdm 03-26-2008 12:16 PM

Mathilde's father, Count Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz, in a critical condition
 
I just read in the newspaper that Mathilde's father is in the hospital.
The palace confirmed, but didn't give more information because it's a private affair.
Here's the article:
http://www.gva.be/nieuws/Media_Cultu...A-87A674BC2205}

lucien 03-26-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdm (Post 746328)
I just read in the newspaper that Mathilde's father is in the hospital.
The palace confirmed, but didn't give more information because it's a private affair.
Here's the article:
Gazet van Antwerpen – online krant

Apparently the 71 year old Patrick,Count d'Udekem d'Acoz is in a irreversible coma since friday.

How very sad,especially as HRH the Crown Princess is due with her fourth child next month.

Al_bina 03-26-2008 02:29 PM

Oh, My God!:ohmy: It is a truly sad news for Crown Princess Mathilde... One can only imagine the level of stress she is under.

Empress 03-26-2008 02:43 PM

Does anyone know if he was ill before or if this is something completely unexpected?

cdm 03-26-2008 02:59 PM

Here's the article of the newspaper that brought the news first:
Le père de la princesse Mathilde dans un coma jugé irréversible - Belgique - Actualit� - Le Vif/L'Express
According to their sources he's in an irreverisble coma since last friday, but they don't know what he's suffering from. It doesn't say wether he was ill before of not, just some facts about him and his family.

lilytornado 03-26-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 746386)
Apparently the 71 year old Patrick,Count d'Udekem d'Acoz is in a irreversible coma since friday.

How very sad,especially as HRH the Crown Princess is due with her fourth child next month.

How horrible! And Mathilde's sister Elisabeth is expecting her first child as well.

rominet09 03-26-2008 09:30 PM

Let's pray for him and his family, such a likeable man !

Marengo 03-27-2008 05:16 AM

Count Raoul d'Udekem d'Acoz is saying that the situation of his brother is not as serious as some media are suggesting. He says it is not true that he can Count Patrick is on his deathbed.

marmi 03-27-2008 05:42 AM

Well, thats promising news I guess. I hope so.

queenofcelts 03-27-2008 05:53 AM

I hope his condition will improve soon.

principessa 03-27-2008 06:10 AM

I wish that he will wake up soon and is healthy enough welcome the second daughter of Mathilde and the first grandchild of Elisabeth.

detta 03-27-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 746682)
I wish that he will wake up soon and is healthy enough welcome the second daughter of Mathilde and the first grandchild of Elisabeth.

How do you know it's a girl? Did Mathilde say that?

rominet09 03-27-2008 11:42 AM

Let's hope Raoul is right

crm2317 03-27-2008 01:54 PM

I hope he is ok and what his brother said is true

pianohabebi 03-27-2008 03:16 PM

What an unfortunate situation. It sounds like he is in good hands and hopefully he will soon recover. How awful for the family though!

HMTLove23 03-27-2008 03:44 PM

I really hope he gets better, i really dont want mathilda and elizabeth to go through what letizia went through when she was pregnant with sofia.

Marengo 03-28-2008 07:47 AM

It isn't all that sure that Count Raoul is all that well informed, he was only 5 minutes at the bedside of his brother, a few days ago. The situation of Patrick was serious aenough to make his brothers Henri and Raoul forget about the feud and visit him, so..

La Derniere Heure says that Count Patrick has encephalitis, an acute inflammation of the brain, commonly caused by a viral infection.

johann 03-28-2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 747192)
It isn't all that sure that Count Raoul is all that well informed, he was only 5 minutes at the bedside of his brother, a few days ago. The situation of Patrick was serious aenough to make his brothers Henri and Raoul forget about the feud and visit him, so..


La Derniere Heure says that Count Patrick has encephalitis, an acute inflammation of the brain, commonly caused by a viral infection.

I´m under the impression Raoul is abusing the situation for yet another “PR stunt” or whatever you may call it. He admitted to have no clue what kind of illness hit his brother, so it´s a bit daring to say he will recover. Even if hope dies last.

Note: These are just rumours but today´s newspapers say it´s either thrombosis or a brain tumor and Mathilde´s father will pass away soon (a question of days according to the news). It seems it all started with signs of aphasia. Whatever it is, it seems there is not much hope for recovery, otherwise there would have been a statement by the family or the court IMO.

Marengo 03-28-2008 12:00 PM

I wouldn't know what kind of PR-stunt Count Raoul would need, he seems a likable man, from what I have seen of him on television thus far. But considering the reports in the media it is a bit curious.

acdc1 03-28-2008 12:05 PM

My prayers are with the family, and I hope for the best.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises