The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Beatrix (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f158/)
-   -   Secrets of the Cabinet of the Queen Leaked; May 30, 2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f158/secrets-of-the-cabinet-of-the-queen-leaked-may-30-2007-a-16444.html)

Princess Robijn 05-30-2007 03:13 AM

Secrets of the Cabinet of the Queen Leaked; May 30, 2007
 
Today in the news (RTL 4) they told that confidential information, about among others State Visits from the Queen untill 2010, was put on the streets.

lucien 05-30-2007 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
Today in the news (RTL 4) they told that confidential information, about among others State Visits from the Queen untill 2010, was put on the streets.

It was an issue at last nights program Nova.They had found that secret/sensitive information from HM Cabinet(read:secretariat)was dumped in a bin in a street behind the office,just like that!!Info regarding coming functions,letters between the RF and members of the government,adresses,(private)phone numbers,the whole lot.An utter disgrace and breach of responsibility!!!:bang:

And that for a service that claims that all 34 employed there are screened to the highest level regarding thrustworthiness and sense of responsibility,haughty thoughty nutcases falling over their hot patato throats!Really,the people at the Cabinet are sóó full of themselves,I can not use the language reserved for them privately.But I think it's clear I'm absolutely annoyed,and I'm not the only one,HM will not take this lightly either I'm sure,nor does Parliament.

Nova decided not to disclose the information,and returned the whole to the RVD,the government information service.But it was disclosed that the agenda found runs from 2007 till 2010 and mentions much private info,and,ao, 8 outgoing State Visits,including the three we already know of,India in october/november followed by a visit to Bhutan by Alexander & Máxima,next years visits to 2 Baltic republics and the,undisclosed,remaining five.

Nova asumed that since the agenda mentions 2010,it wouldn't be earlyer then that year HM might abdicate.Now,this morning,the RVD stated that the mentioning of 2010 on itself doesn't mean that the visits would be done by Queen Beatrix,but could be done by her successor.The blithering idiots!!!
Instead of the proper thing to do,i.e,stating that it is entirely up to HM herself to decide when,and more so,IF she wishes to abdicate,they have a new row on there hands as many will start guessing again about a possible abdication.Any guessing on that issue is absolutely moot,as it sort of gives the impression we'ed like to see her go,which is ABSOLUTELY not the case,it's an un-gratefull idiotic thing to do,as if she's had her time and we decided she has to make way,just for the change itself,and,as far as some people are concerned,to revel in all the glitter of an Inthronisation.Very superficial,in my not so humble opinion on the matter.

The PM is called to answer questions at Parliament this afternoon concerning the matter and what measures have been taken to prevent this utter and total blamage in future.They could start with purchasing paper shredders for one,and some "strong talks" at the Cabinet.

Princess Robijn 05-30-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien
It was an issue at last nights program Nova.They had found that secret/sensitive information from HM Cabinet(read:secretariat)was dumped in a bin in a street behind the office,just like that!!Info regarding coming functions,letters between the RF and members of the government,adresses,(private)phone numbers,the whole lot.An utter disgrace and breach of responsibility!!!:bang:

And that for a service that claims that all 34 employed there are screened to the highest level regarding thrustworthiness and sense of responsibility,haughty thoughty nutcases falling over their hot patato throats!Really,the people at the Cabinet are sóó full of themselves,I can not use the language reserved for them privately.But I think it's clear I'm absolutely annoyed,and I'm not the only one,HM will not take this lightly either I'm sure,nor does Parliament.

Nova decided not to disclose the information,and returned the whole to the RVD,the government information service.But it was disclosed that the agenda found runs from 2007 till 2010 and mentions much private info,and,ao, 8 outgoing State Visits,including the three we already know of,India in october/november followed by a visit to Bhutan by Alexander & Máxima,next years visits to 2 Baltic republics and the,undisclosed,remaining five.

Nova asumed that since the agenda mentions 2010,it wouldn't be earlyer then that year HM might abdicate.Now,this morning,the RVD stated that the mentioning of 2010 on itself doesn't mean that the visits would be done by Queen Beatrix,but could be done by her successor.The blithering idiots!!!
Instead of the proper thing to do,i.e,stating that it is entirely up to HM herself to decide when,and more so,IF she wishes to abdicate,they have a new row on there hands as many will start guessing again about a possible abdication.Any guessing on that issue is absolutely moot,as it sort of gives the impression we'ed like to see her go,which is ABSOLUTELY not the case,it's an un-gratefull idiotic thing to do,as if she's had her time and we decided she has to make way,just for the change itself,and,as far as some people are concerned,to revel in all the glitter of an Inthronisation.Very superficial,in my not so humble opinion on the matter.

The PM is called to answer questions at Parliament this afternoon concerning the matter and what measures have been taken to prevent this utter and total blamage in future.They could start with purchasing paper shredders for one,and some "strong talks" at the Cabinet.

Thanks for the extra information :flowers:

Marengo 05-31-2007 06:57 AM

Now about the cabinet of the Queen:

I am wondering what consequences will be drawn from this episode. Hannie van Leeuwen (81-y/o member of the senate) said that the persons responsible for this should resign.

It is rather odd and careless by the cabinet that this could eve happen. I believe the reporter could steal 24 bags of rash, over several months. Considering that they are spending millions to protect the RF it is rather odd that no ightbulb in The Hague ever thought of buying a shredder (for paper).

I agree with you Lucien that the RVD didn't give a very wise comment, but at least we have gotten rid of the speculations of an abdication for the next few years.

Marengo 06-01-2007 02:04 PM

So, does anybody know what happened with the cabinet of the Queen? The prime minister had to awnser questions in parlament about it, but I am afraid I missed out on that completely.

lucien 06-01-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo
So, does anybody know what happened with the cabinet of the Queen? The prime minister had to awnser questions in parlament about it, but I am afraid I missed out on that completely.

He just stated that measures were taken to prevent this from happening again in the future,it was a "human error".Furthermore he said the RF was at no moment in any danger.......But I bet HM "dryed and ironed" him on it.

Marengo 06-04-2007 05:40 AM

As for the danger part I think he is right. I didn't see much actual danger either (not more then usual). But did they finally get a shredder ;) ?

Verde Esmeralda 06-04-2007 01:10 PM

I vote for giving a paper shredder as a present to the Queen in Koninginnedag 2008 : )


Dutch royals’ secret documents found in trash

Reporters found business cards with home addresses, travel plans


AMSTERDAM - Dutch journalists found classified information about Queen Beatrix and her family in a trash container behind royal offices in The Hague, prompting embarrassed authorities on Wednesday to improve security.
Current affairs television program NOVA said its reporters found bags full of official documents, business cards with home addresses and information about the heir to the throne, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, and his wife Maxima.
The unsecured container behind Royal Cabinet offices also contained a list of planned state visits by Queen Beatrix abroad -- as well as visits to the Netherlands by foreign heads of state -- until 2010.

NOVA said it would not publish all the details for security reasons.
A member of parliament told NOVA it was "perplexing and embarrassing" how carelessly the documents were handled. Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende said measures had been taken immediately to avoid it happening again.
The TV report on Tuesday night of state visits being planned until 2010 seemed to imply Queen Beatrix, 69, would stay on the throne at least that long, despite media speculation she might abdicate. Her mother Juliana did so aged 71.
The government press office told Dutch news agency ANP on Wednesday the visits were being organized for the head of state, who could be a successor if the Queen decided to abdicate.

Dutch royals' secret papers found - Peculiar Postings - MSNBC.com

Seems like Beatrix will be present on the Royal Dutch Calendar for some years more!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises