The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Royal Family of Greece (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f77/)
-   -   Relation to Spain and Denmark (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f77/relation-to-spain-and-denmark-16421.html)

principessa 03-23-2008 09:23 AM

Relation to Spain and Denmark

The relationship to which Royal House is warmer, Spain or Denmark? Are there more familiar meetings with the Spanish or the Danish in-laws?

Madame Royale 03-23-2008 10:16 AM

Denmark and Spain are connected only through Sofia and Constantine.

Constantine being married to Anna Maria (nee Princess of Denmark) and Sofia (nee Princess of Greece and Denmark) being married to Don Juan Carlos.

Denmark and Spain share cousins (Greece), though they themselves are of no relation.

sgl 03-23-2008 12:34 PM

Do you know which family they are closest to? Do they spend more time with their Spanish or Danish cousins?

dbarn67 03-23-2008 01:11 PM

I think they are close to both. I read an article (with Prince Pavlos) that said Princes Felipe, Pavlos and Frederick were close and even shared an apartment together in the US when they were young men. Alexia seems to be close to both her Danish and Spanish cousins as she spends time vacationing and interacting with both sides, especially Princess Chistina and family. Alexia has an uncanny resemblence to CP Frederick almost like brother & sister. There are many pictures of them together a royal functions. It looks as though Queen Margerethe, Queen Anne Marie and Princess Benedickte are very close sisters and have brought their children up as regular parts of each others lives. Princess Alexanda of Berleburg (daughter of Princess Benedickte) said in an inteview that Princess Theordora stayed with her for several weeks. I think Queen Sophia has also made sure that her children grew up close to their first cousins through King Constantine.

sgl 03-23-2008 06:16 PM

Thank you dbarn. I think it is very nice that they have retained such a close relationship with their extended family members. I wonder if they will all attend the wedding of Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier?

dbarn67 03-23-2008 06:46 PM

I think all will try. CP Pavlos and MC are the question marks because she will be in the latter part of her pregnancy and may want to stay close to home. IMO though she's a pretty hearty lady and will try to make it there for her husband. I would really love to see P. ALexia and family attend. Dont know about the Dukes of Lugo & Mallorc. I'd like to see them attend as this wedding should be smaller and more family oriented.

carla rizzone 04-11-2008 09:51 PM

There are wonderful pictures of the royal greek family and the spanish royals in Palma de Makkorca. Prine Plavos was always in every party with prine Felipe, as well as princess Alexia with infanta Cristina. I'll try to post the ones I own