The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Ruling Family of Dubai (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f170/)
-   -   Dubai World Cup: 2005 - 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f170/dubai-world-cup-2005-2013-a-16363.html)

salma 03-05-2005 03:11 PM

Dubai World Cup: 2005 - 2013

Mohammed bin Rashid attends horserace

Mar 5, 2005 - 10:53 -

Mohammed bin Rashid attends horserace Dubai, 05 May, 05 (WAM) - General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence, today attended a race meeting held in preparation for the Dubai World Cup.

The race meeting was watched also by Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, wife of the Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Defence Minister, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Sheikhs and owners.

WAM/MAB 22 29 CCCCQQE

desertrosemrk 03-23-2005 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mohammed bin Rashid attends Dubai World Cup draw

Mar 23, 2005 - 08:53 -

Mohammed bin Rashid attends Dubai World Cup draw Dubai, 23 March, 05 (WAM) - General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister, attended the draw for the six million dollars Dubai World Cup for horseracing, which was staged today in Jumeirah.

A total of 13 runners were drawn for the richest race in the world, to be staged next Saturday.

The race, sponsored by the Emirates Airlines, will see three horses from the UAE competing for the prestigious title with three horses from Saudi Arabia, four from the United States and one from Japan.

Mohammed tips Americans to triumph

24 March 2005

DUBAI — General Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Defence Minister, welcomed the horse owners, trainers, riders and newsmen in Dubai saying that their main objective is to bring them to Dubai to enjoy the emotions of togetherness. Speaking to the international media at the Madinat Jumeirah after the Dubai World Cup draw, General Shaikh Mohammed said sometimes they have good horses and other times they don’t. “But this is not the issue. The focus of the competition is to attract quality horses to the race and enhance the class of the Dubai World Cup. “The tenth running of the world richest race is a motive for more improvement, more success and excellence,” he said. However, the UAE have claimed the prestigious trophy five times and it is widely believed that the Americans are going to seal their fifth win of the cup to level the result with their hosts. “This time we don’t have good horses and I think the Americans have every chance to claim their 5th win.”

Sheikh Mohammed March 24, 2005

salma 03-26-2005 05:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
1. DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: Princess Haya of Jordan and wife of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rached Al Maktoum speaks to jockeys Lanfranco Dettori (R) and Kerrin McEvoy during the Dubai World Cup, the richest horse race in the world, 26 March 2005. The Dubai World Cup's seven races - five Group One and two Group Two events - at the desert emirate's Nadi al-Sheba track are worth a combined 15.25 million USD. AFP PHOTO/RABIH MOGHRABI

2. Sheikh Hamdan, son of the Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rached Al Maktoum, speaks to Princess Haya of Jordan while attending the richest horse race in the world, the Dubai World Cup, 26 March 2005 in Dubai.

3-5. DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rached Al Maktoum and his wife Princess Haya of Jordan attend the richest horse race in the world, the Dubai World Cup, 26 March 2005 in Dubai. The Dubai World Cup's seven races - five Group One and two Group Two events - at the desert emirate's Nadi al-Sheba track are worth a combined 15.25 million USD. AFP PHOTO/RABIH MOGHRABI

Humera 03-26-2005 05:32 PM

thanx for those pics salma
Princess Haya looks so lovely. Love the colour of that dress.

salma 03-26-2005 05:46 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Photos 1 & 5-7. DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Maktoum bin Rached Al Maktoum (L) and Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rached Al Maktoum (2nd L) present the Golden Whip to the Jockey John Velazquez as US Kenneth Ramsey (C), owner of the horse Roses In May, America's fifth winner in the 10 runnings of the world's richest race the 6million dollar Dubai World Cup, applauds 26 March 2005 in Dubai. The American horse trained by Dale Romans and ridden by Velasquez beat home Saudi challenger Dynever while another American runner Choctaw Nation was third. AFP PHOTO/RABIH MOGHRABI (Photo credit should read RABIH MOGHRABI/AFP/Getty Images)

Photos 2-4. DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rached Al Maktoum watches with his binoculars a race at the Dubai World Cup, the richest horse race in the world, 26 March 2005 in Dubai. The Dubai World Cup's seven races - five Group One and two Group Two events - at the desert emirate's Nadi al-Sheba track are worth a combined 15.25 million USD. AFP PHOTO/RABIH MOGHRABI (Photo credit should read RABIH MOGHRABI/AFP/Getty Images)

sommone 03-26-2005 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salma
DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rached Al Maktoum and his wife Princess Haya of Jordan attend the richest horse race in the world, the Dubai World Cup, 26 March 2005 in Dubai. The Dubai World Cup's seven races - five Group One and two Group Two events - at the desert emirate's Nadi al-Sheba track are worth a combined 15.25 million USD. AFP PHOTO/RABIH MOGHRABI (Photo credit should read RABIH MOGHRABI/AFP/Getty Images)</SPAN>

Thank you, Salma. Haya looks beautiful.

desertrosemrk 03-26-2005 09:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Picture at Dubai world cup

salma 03-27-2005 04:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
1. other pic of Princess Haya with Sheik Mohammed´s son, Sheik Hamdan

Quote:

Sheikh Hamdan, son of the Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rached Al Maktoum, speaks to Princess Haya of Jordan while attending the richest horse race in the world, the Dubai World Cup, 26 March 2005 in Dubai.

2. other pic of Haya with her husband, SHeik Mohammed:

Quote:

DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rached Al Maktoum and his wife Princess Haya of Jordan attend the richest horse race in the world, the Dubai World Cup, 26 March 2005 in Dubai. The Dubai World Cup's seven races - five Group One and two Group Two events - at the desert emirate's Nadi al-Sheba track are worth a combined 15.25 million USD. AFP PHOTO/RABIH MOGHRABI.

Guess Who 03-27-2005 06:14 AM

Thanks all for the pictures.
Haya does not look bad, but i think she could of worn a nicer tradition dress.I think the one she wore was too plain for a world race.

Genevieve 03-27-2005 03:52 PM

I am indifferent about Haya; I neither care for her nor do I dislike her. But it seems to me that she's in a position where she simply can't win no matter what she does or how she appears.

When she was dressed in jeans and make up she was "too Western" and now that she's made this recent appearance in a traditional Jordanian outfit the outfit is not good enough or the outfit is too plain.

Humera 03-27-2005 05:51 PM

Quote:

other pic of Princess Haya with Sheik Mohammed´s son, Sheik Hamdan

well its nice to see her get along with her husband's son, at least in public. I dont know how they get along in private.

El Jood 03-27-2005 09:12 PM

Well Thats my point of view....
whether people agree with me or not....
I don't like her style at alllllllllllllllllllllllll.....
there is no style and no class.....

Reina 03-27-2005 09:27 PM

Well I think that PHaya is doing the best she can with what she got. However I don't think she has that natural grace like her mom probably had.

How come she is not called Sheika? Did she keep her father's name like Islam dictates?

sommone 03-27-2005 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
well its nice to see her get along with her husband's son, at least in public. I dont know how they get along in private.

It's interesting you should bring this up, Humera because I was just thinking last night how a former member was so sure that Shk Mo's sons didn't get along with PH. Now, like you said, it appears in public, at least, that Haya and Hamdan gets along. Can't say really about the rest in public or private.

suria 03-30-2005 12:33 PM

6 Attachment(s)
more picture of princess Haya , he is holding her all the time .

Reina 03-30-2005 04:37 PM

She is doing the best she can. SHe obviosly does not fit very well and she probably knows this, but she is always present and smiling. So I think we outta give her a break sometimes. Also this is the first time I see a lady walking in front of her husband-as far as ME royals go.

suria 04-03-2005 09:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
isn't she looks great .........:)

Humera 04-03-2005 07:47 PM

such beautiful pictures!
the two certainly have a lot of affection between them.
thanx suria:)

sommone 04-03-2005 10:39 PM

Yes, they are holding hands, now that I am able to see a bigger picture. That's good. Thanks Suria for posting the pictures.

Reina 04-03-2005 10:42 PM

I am glad she has found some stability in with him