The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   Will Daniel be a suitable Prince Consort? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/will-daniel-be-a-suitable-prince-consort-16301.html)

Alexandria 07-19-2005 09:05 PM

Will Daniel be a suitable Prince Consort?

I wonder, for those who don't find Daniel W. suitable as a consort for Victoria, what would make you change your mind about him?

I have noticed that many anti-Mary of Denmark fans pre-engagement and even post-engagement have changed their minds about her since the wedding and several months after the wedding.

What would be the "catalyst" for one to like Daniel (aside from the removal of his trucker cap ;) ) and to believe that he might make it after all as a member of the royal household?

Idriel 07-20-2005 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandria
I wonder, for those who don't find Daniel W. suitable as a consort for Victoria, what would make you change your mind about him?
I have noticed that many anti-Mary of Denmark fans pre-engagement and even post-engagement have changed their minds about her since the wedding and several months after the wedding.
What would be the "catalyst" for one to like Daniel (aside from the removal of his trucker cap ;) ) and to believe that he might make it after all as a member of the royal household?

I wasn't an anti-Mary, but I was totally indifferent. I think what made me take interest and eventually admire her was part her physical make-over (the slender, slick but sensual look, the style), and part the way she got into the job with such confidence and professionalism, with bringing a bit of freshness (the DRF is a bit stuck up IMO).
The problem is it's far easier for a woman to make a make over than for a man. D doesn't even seems boy next door to me. He seems so... Kevin Federline (with a bit more class maybe). I mean, this guy will possibly represent Sweden worldwide, and he looks like a waiter when he wears a smoking. I think it's allure. He lacks class and allure to my eyes.
But clearly, if he does his own Mary-like make-over, I will change my mind about him.

Ariel 07-20-2005 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idriel
I wasn't an anti-Mary, but I was totally indifferent. I think what made me take interest and eventually admire her was part her physical make-over (the slender, slick but sensual look, the style), and part the way she got into the job with such confidence and professionalism, with bringing a bit of freshness (the DRF is a bit stuck up IMO).
The problem is it's far easier for a woman to make a make over than for a man. D doesn't even seems boy next door to me. He seems so... Kevin Federline (with a bit more class maybe). I mean, this guy will possibly represent Sweden worldwide, and he looks like a waiter when he wears a smoking. I think it's allure. He lacks class and allure to my eyes.
But clearly, if he does his own Mary-like make-over, I will change my mind about him.

The main thing against him is not his character or temper, as i dont know him, but it is something about his image that sends the wrong message.

Lena 07-24-2005 02:15 PM

Oh my, oh my, oh my. In the past 10 days there were many news and new pics on/of Daniel, but I canīt say, that I liked anything of these news and pics.
Firstly this interview...to ask the journalists, when they will go and to add then, that he could then have at least some holidays is impolitely, unprofessional and childish. He should learn from Silvia, who said to the Aftonbladet reporter, how nice it is, that they came and asked for pics (well aware of the fact, that mainly Expressobladet is the troublemaker during the holidays of the RF on Öland :D )
Then the thing with the tousled hair...dear TRF-members, letīs open our hearts and lets donate for some hair care products for Mr. Westling ;)
Then the thing with the seat belts...personally I donīt care at all, if grown ups fasten their seat belts or not. Itīs IMO up to them, if they want to fly through the front shield. I also donīt think, that the Swedes see a super brain in Danne, who can set trends. But what I wonder is: why is it so hard for him to pay attention to such things (traffic laws, tax laws) in this "sensitive" phase of acceptance. I donīt want him to follow every little rule until he dies, but a smart guy would try it at least until he has fathered a heir for the throne and has won sympathies.
And then the pics of Daniel taking a walk with Victoria. Iīve already seen them on the other PC with the slow modem...and they loaded awfully slow. But it was worth. The pics and your comments gave me a good laugh :D
Stureplan meets trainer boy. Maybe you know these chocolate eggs with toys, you have to twist together. Sometimes such toys are also in the happy meal of McDonalds. With the jogging paints and training shoes in combination with the posh grandpa cardigan (which looks ridiculous around his buff upper body) and the slick hair, he looks like a toy, twisted together out of two.
So funny it is...itīs also worrisome. As I read it out, itīs 99% sure, that they will marry. But this Daniel simply doesnīt seem likeable (well, maybe itīs just me). Iīve hoped for nice pics...maybe Daniel with Ian (the son of Victoriaīs friend Leonie) or Daniel showing some affection for Victoria (holding hands wouldnīt hurt the protocol) but nothing, simply nada :mad: :confused: Obviously they even donīt spend much time together. I donīt want to be a spoilsport, but looking at their future as Royal couple, they should get used to spend a lot of time with each other.

Now to Alexandriaīs question (which is an very interesting one). I think for me his character will play a role. I know, that we never get the whole picture, but just a little piece of their life. So I can just judge, what I get. Obviously Iīm already doing this now...and I guess I will in the future. And I donīt think I will be fascinated of him, just because he (probably) will be a prince overnight.
I also donīt see much potential in him for being a great dresser. So I guess it only will be his character (the piece of it, we get to see), what I will judge (just as with his girlfriend...even though some might think, I judge her via her ponytail ;) )
More than answering the question, I am interested how Alexandria self would answer the question. Knowing, that she wasnīt very fond of Mary Donaldson, and knowing that she still would prefer Letizia over Mary, I am really curious. ;)

Alexandria 07-24-2005 04:37 PM

I always enjoy your comments Lena! They're always so truthful and honest and no holds barred.

Hmm Lena ... Did you answer my question really? Or did you just ask me a question back?! :p I'll bite and answer anyways!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena
More than answering the question, I am interested how Alexandria self would answer the question. Knowing, that she wasnīt very fond of Mary Donaldson, and knowing that she still would prefer Letizia over Mary, I am really curious. ;)

In regards to me and Mary/Letizia, I think it is, even from thousands of kilometres away, it comes down to a quality you can see in someone that you like/admire/appreciate or whatever. And from my first impressions (which have long lasting effects in real life as well as online), I was quite impressed with Letizia -- with her obvious determination, drive and strong character. I think what initially turned me off about Mary was the story of how she met Frederik -- trolling for me in a bar (princes or not) is not something that appeals to me. And then all the magazine shoots (different royal households and standards beared in mind) made me think that she was more of a "glamour princess" rather than the kind of princess I would want for my monarchy -- someone who works hard to represent her country in the best possible manner.

In the months since, while I would yes, still choose Letizia over Mary given the choice, I have warmed up to Mary a little bit. But not on the basis of her work ethic or what I know about her character -- but because Frederik so very obviously adores her. I think that matters a lot -- that Mary makes Frederik happy, whatever else she does (or doesn't) do, will make Frederik a better leader for his country. I am a big believer in the fact that if you've got love in your life you can accomplish great things no matter how impossible they seem to be.

... So how does this relate to Victoria and Daniel? And how to answer my own question? Well, I guess it wouldn't have to be anything that Daniel does that would make me like Daniel, even a little bit. It would be more based on the kind of reaction/body language/feeling/sentiments I would get from Victoria about her relationship with Daniel that would be the turning point for me.

Dislike of the trucker caps, the long, greasy looking hair, the angry look on his face all the time, the sometimes bad sense of style (though everyone is guilty of this sometimes and not exclusively Daniel), and the various breaking of laws would be excusable to me if I could sense that Victoria was as completely, over the moon happy in Daniel's presence as Frederik is with Mary, as Felipe is with Letizia, as Haakon is with Mette-Marit, etc. And that if, I could judge as I have judged all the other couples, that Daniel's presence in Victoria's life would make her life better, and make her transition into life as a Queen easier rather than more difficult (as I sometimes think Henrik of Denmark makes his wife's reign more difficult). I just don't get that feeling yet from Victoria. She smiles publicly in his presence yes, and there have even been dozens of pictures of her leaving his apartment or kissing him, but I just don't get the sense that she is over the moon happy and that her life could not be better with someone else.

Quote:

So funny it is...itīs also worrisome. As I read it out, itīs 99% sure, that they will marry. But this Daniel simply doesnīt seem likeable (well, maybe itīs just me). Iīve hoped for nice pics...maybe Daniel with Ian (the son of Victoriaīs friend Leonie) or Daniel showing some affection for Victoria (holding hands wouldnīt hurt the protocol) but nothing, simply nada :mad: :confused: Obviously they even donīt spend much time together. I donīt want to be a spoilsport, but looking at their future as Royal couple, they should get used to spend a lot of time with each other.

I think this requires a two-part answer.

Firstly: Daniel showing some affection for Victoria:
Well, I don't think everyone needs to publicly hold hands, kiss or whatever to "prove" to onwatchers like us that they love each other. Some couples just are not publicly affectionate but can be very affectionate in private. On the other hand, some couples who are very affectionate (even overly so) in public don't necessarily have the best relationship. My friends who have just gotten married this past May are not overly affectionate. In the presence of our group of friends, they do not hold hands or kiss or hug or cuddle. But I have no doubt about the strength of their relationship and the depth of their love for one another. By the same token, a friend who is a like a big sister to me had a husband who would show up at our offices and bring her flowers, pick her up from work or drive her to work even though it was out of his way, yet now they are getting divorced because he became abusive.

I think some recipricol affection on Daniel's part couldn't hurt his public image. I only warmed up to Mary because of Frederik's affection to her and her recipricol affection back. But for me it won't make or break their relationship in my eyes. It would make him seem more human rather than so indifferent all the time.

Secondly, spending much time together:
I think with their respective work schedules it's difficult to co-ordinate time alone together. Even though they may not spend a lot of timem physically together, they may still talk often on the phone or correspond via e-mail that helps them keep in touch with each other's lives. (This from the girl who knows all too well about long-distance relationships! ;) ) I guess the biggest test would be if they could live together and "put up" with each other's habits and such. Another friend who moved in with her boyfriend of three plus years has recently asked him to move out of her home as they were getting on each other's nerves. She hasn't broken up with him yet (the rest of us really wonder why since it's inevitable) because she loves him but just can't live with him -- which makes the rest of us wonder what the "next step" is -- if you can't live with someone then how could you be married to them or have any sort of future with them? And maybe her deepest fear is something that Victoria shares: That she likes the idea of who he could be/his potential as a better person and that if she gives up on him, she's really giving up on herself ever finding true love again.

Victoria and my friends and I are about the same age (she is about two years older than us), and at this age we are all seeing our friends pairing up quickly. Maybe she feels that Daniel is her last chance at love, getting on with her life, having kids and the such as some of her friends are no doubt starting to do.

So those are my twenty cents! ;)

grevinnan 07-24-2005 05:12 PM

I have nothing but the outmost respect for our Swedish crown princess. Victoria seems to be mature and completely focused on her role as the future Queen of Sweden. If she feels Daniel is who she wants to spend her life with, then I trust her instinct and choice. I don't think she would do anything that would jeopardize the monarchy.

I remember reading comments by the King's "friends" prior to his wedding to Silvia and several said ...Silvia is not queen material. They couldn't have been more wrong.

My guess is that Daniel will surprise us all. Victoria has my wholehearted support for whatever decision she makes in regard to her husband and I hope she is and will be for the rest of her life very much in love and happy.

grevinnan

Lena 07-25-2005 01:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Firstly: Daniel showing some affection for Victoria:
Well, I don't think everyone needs to publicly hold hands, kiss or whatever to "prove" to onwatchers like us that they love each other. Some couples just are not publicly affectionate but can be very affectionate in private. On the other hand, some couples who are very affectionate (even overly so) in public don't necessarily have the best relationship. My friends who have just gotten married this past May are not overly affectionate. In the presence of our group of friends, they do not hold hands or kiss or hug or cuddle. But I have no doubt about the strength of their relationship and the depth of their love for one another. By the same token, a friend who is a like a big sister to me had a husband who would show up at our offices and bring her flowers, pick her up from work or drive her to work even though it was out of his way, yet now they are getting divorced because he became abusive.

I think some recipricol affection on Daniel's part couldn't hurt his public image. I only warmed up to Mary because of Frederik's affection to her and her recipricol affection back. But for me it won't make or break their relationship in my eyes. It would make him seem more human rather than so indifferent all the time.

Secondly, spending much time together:
I think with their respective work schedules it's difficult to co-ordinate time alone together. Even though they may not spend a lot of timem physically together, they may still talk often on the phone or correspond via e-mail that helps them keep in touch with each other's lives. (This from the girl who knows all too well about long-distance relationships! ;) ) I guess the biggest test would be if they could live together and "put up" with each other's habits and such. Another friend who moved in with her boyfriend of three plus years has recently asked him to move out of her home as they were getting on each other's nerves. She hasn't broken up with him yet (the rest of us really wonder why since it's inevitable) because she loves him but just can't live with him -- which makes the rest of us wonder what the "next step" is -- if you can't live with someone then how could you be married to them or have any sort of future with them? And maybe her deepest fear is something that Victoria shares: That she likes the idea of who he could be/his potential as a better person and that if she gives up on him, she's really giving up on herself ever finding true love again.

Victoria and my friends and I are about the same age (she is about two years older than us), and at this age we are all seeing our friends pairing up quickly. Maybe she feels that Daniel is her last chance at love, getting on with her life, having kids and the such as some of her friends are no doubt starting to do.

So those are my twenty cents! ;)

Interesting points, Alexandria.
With affection I rather meant the little things between a loving couple. So talking about holding hands was maybe a bit misleading. I donīt want Daniel to sing a love song in front of Victoriaīs window or that he flies with a plane with a "I love you"-banner over Solliden. I just mean little signs, just as looking at each other, giving a feeling, that they enjoy each others company.
When I look at Daniel and Victoria in the latest pics then thereīs a distance of 2 meters between them and they donīt look at each other. Ok, they are pissed, because they arenīt left alone as it was in their first summer in 2002 or in 2004 and the Swedish Papparazis are not directly known for being very good and being able to hide. But after 3.5 years it should be possible to ignore them.

I think that with your friend and the boyfriend, who had to move out happens quite often. So often, that I would suggest for everyone to move together before marrying. Also for Victoria and Daniel. Maybe she should have an quieter schedule in autumn and Mr. businessman too, and then she should move with bag and baggage to him.
Or maybe Daniel should test, how it is to work with ETW on the one side and Victoria on the other one. Itīs hardly possible to let him be with them at official duties, but maybe they can work with Daniel in the gyms :rolleyes:

Daniel with Peder Dinkelspiel and Karl Johan Persson. Not that I want to complain (:D ) but why isnīt possible for Danne to look as open into the cameras as Karl Johan and Peder (??)
The pics are from Newscom

Yennie 07-25-2005 03:28 PM

Perhaps a little of topic but it must be said: Karl Johan is a hottie :D

I agree with you Lena, both KJ and Peder looks more comfortable infront of the camera, but perhaps the reason is that they arenīt the "focus" (if you know what I mean...) If Daniel wasnīt there there would be no paparazzis taking pictures of them either.

Lena 07-25-2005 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie
Perhaps a little of topic but it must be said: Karl Johan is a hottie :D

:D :rolleyes: Iīm thinking about renaming the thread into "hotties around Daniel Westling" :p

Quote:

I agree with you Lena, both KJ and Peder looks more comfortable infront of the camera, but perhaps the reason is that they arenīt the "focus" (if you know what I mean...) If Daniel wasnīt there there would be no paparazzis taking pictures of them either.

Yes, of course. This is probably the reason. But a future as prince would mean, that he would be confronted with such situations all the time. And this wasnīt the first time, he was asked for pics.

Yennie, what do you actually think about Danne? Please donīt answer with the standard-answer "All I want is to see Victoria happy" (this wasnīt said about the current crown princesses in connection with the crown princes...so why always about Daniel) ;)

Yennie 07-25-2005 04:03 PM

I think its hard (and unfair!) to judge anyone based only on photos and articles in gossip magazines....

But from what has been written about him in the press he seems a bit shy. But things like that can change! Remember how Diana was when she married "shy di" compared to the pro she became later.
So I think that can change and doesnīt have to be an obstacle

Perhaps he sometimes seem a little "out-of-place" compared to the very posh, rich, fashionable people who sourrounds the rf, but in the "averege" country Sweden I think "beeing normal/averege" can be a good thing and perhaps will make people like him more.

But most important, if Victoria loves him, then he is the right man :D;)

Lena 07-25-2005 04:56 PM

Quote:

I think its hard (and unfair!) to judge anyone based only on photos and articles in gossip magazines....

But from what has been written about him in the press he seems a bit shy. But things like that can change! Remember how Diana was when she married "shy di" compared to the pro she became later.
So I think that can change and doesnīt have to be an obstacle

Perhaps he sometimes seem a little "out-of-place" compared to the very posh, rich, fashionable people who sourrounds the rf, but in the "averege" country Sweden I think "beeing normal/averege" can be a good thing and perhaps will make people like him more.

Hm, Iīve never believed in the "fairy tale" of shy Di. :rolleyes: To me she seemed very calculating/manipulative from the beginning. And she seemed to enjoy the attention. Something which I canīt bring together with "shyness".
So here I would even give Daniel "bonus points" (high neccessarily after all my bad BAD words about Daniel ;) ). Maybe heīs shy (even though he denied it-with three-word-sentences...just as his shy "brother-in-law" Carl Philip would do it ;) ) or maybe heīs not interested or angry about the attention, but I believe (?) that heīs one thing not: manipulative.

Quote:

But most important, if Victoria loves him, then he is the right man :D;)

Oh yes, and if he loves her, doesnīt matter ;)

One more thing to Karl Johan...IMO he and his wife Leonie harmonise extremely in (physical) looks. And I hate it to say, but I would say the same about Victoria and Daniel.

Yennie 07-25-2005 05:30 PM

Quote:

One more thing to Karl Johan...IMO he and his wife Leonie harmonise extremely in (physical) looks. And I hate it to say, but I would say the same about Victoria and Daniel.
they do... both of them is really good looking. almost model looks
Neither Victoria or Daniel is imo, they are more "normal doing-the-best-of-oneīs-look" kind of persons. haha that sounded very mean and harsh :D
but do you know what I mean?

But they suits eachother very well. The same with Carl Philip and Emma & Jonas and Madeleine...

wanderer 08-04-2005 11:01 AM

First time to post in this thread. I does not fully understand the relationship between CP Victoria and Daniel Westling. I have several questions like to ask:

1) Why do people criticize Daniel Westling, is he really that bad? :confused:
2) Do Swedes like him at all?
3) Is Daniel always look angry at the camera? (I have seen the pictures that you all posted, but I have not seen him smile at any of the pictures.) So, I wonder does he ever smile at the camera?

Thanks for answering my questions

Do you have more news about CP Victoria and Daniel Westling?

GrandDuchess 08-04-2005 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderer
1) Why do people criticize Daniel Westling, is he really that bad? :confused:

He's not a bad person, but I think there are quite mixed feelings about Daniel in Sweden. Some are pro some are con for him.

I may be harsh, but I will be honest and say that the things I personally don't appreciate about him are fistly that he's in the gym business and how the company has profited from being the partner of who he is and the circles that come with that, and also the whole business with how they met... I don't particularly like the idea that my future Queen Reignant and Head of State might have met her future husband in the gym while he was per personal trainer... To me that sounds like something that happen in Hollywood, but when it comes my Royal Family - it would be nice if they met their partners in a more "romantic", or even "normal" would do it for me, way. To me, the way King Carl Gustaf met Silvia is really romantic and sweet, looking through those binoculars... :) I wonder how Victoria would explain how the romance fizzled among weights and spinning bikes. And what I appreciate of Daniel is that at least he seems to be a very down to earth guy, not a "Mr Important" or some sleezy upper class brat. He also seems to be a very family close person, who holds his family and friends dear, and who keeps things private.
Quote:

2) Do Swedes like him at all?

As I said above, I think it's quite mixed. Some like him, some do not. It's hard to say more really, as we don't really know him yet and there are no good polls.
Quote:

3) Is Daniel always look angry at the camera? (I have seen the pictures that you all posted, but I have not seen him smile at any of the pictures.) So, I wonder does he ever smile at the camera?

In the beginning of his and Victoria's relationship, Daniel seemed very angry and irritated towards the media. I don't think I've seen him really smile on a picture, only looking more "normal" in the mouth expression.

Lady Jennifer 08-04-2005 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
I don't particularly like the idea that my future Queen Reignant and Head of State might have met her future husband in the gym while he was per personal trainer... To me that sounds like something that happen in Hollywood, but when it comes my Royal Family - it would be nice if they met their partners in a more "romantic", or even "normal" would do it for me, way. To me, the way King Carl Gustaf met Silvia is really romantic and sweet, looking through those binoculars... :) I wonder how Victoria would explain how the romance fizzled among weights and spinning bikes.

But meeting in a gym is "normal" isn't it? I know he was her personal trainer, but in a way it seems normal. Just my own opinion of course.

Karisma 09-30-2005 08:18 AM

What's the qualitys for a head of state?

Quote:

Imagine prince Felipe would wear such shoes, and Letizia flat ones. The ppl would start to wonder, who/what the little beetle next to Felipe is ;) :p
When Daniel, on the other hand, would wear these shoes and Victoria her white shoes, then both would harmonise

Daniel isn't to compare with CP Felipe or CP Letizia! Official he is a friend to CP Victoria. When, and if, he's a Prince consort You can make comparisons - for what ever it's worth. Ask Yourself instead what qualitys a head of state and her/his partner needs to have. At that question Queen Margareta of Denmark answerd: "Good helth and strong legs". ;) Being well trained isn't a bad start at all when You consider that answer.

sesam 09-30-2005 09:53 AM

Article in Bunte

There is an interesting article in bunte today with some (old)pictures
http://bunte.t-online.de/c/56/14/32/5614324.html
The article says that Daniel's fitness company is made a joint-stock-company (don't know if it's the right word in English, sorry) now, because as a prince consortant (or whatever) he would not be allowed to have a own business, but he is allowed to possess stocks! So he could keep his business although marriage in a way...:o
They also wrote that he did not pass the test for university in the past, but I am not so sure about that.

Karisma 09-30-2005 04:50 PM

Going deep with a hearsay!

ABOUT CP Victoria:
If (IF) CP Victoria answerd the way Expressen wrote it wasn't clever at all. We realy don't know. But of course she is human and doing some misstakes some times - I'll hope. Else would be strange. I've heard frogs been jumping out the mouth of other Royals, Presidents and Primeministers etc. why should we crave more of a person (Victoria) trainig to be a head of state? She had not consider her answer (if it is true she answerd the way Expressen wrote).

It was an article some days ago Victoria admitted she had been incorrect quoted time by time by this jurnalist. And she was very hurted about articled saying King Carl Gustaf having affaires with other wmen. (And the Royal familly consider sueing those papers). Of course it's human having a bad day some times.

ABOUT Mr Daniel Westling:
I must remind You we have former drougusing outliving persons who have married Royals. Some even having children with other "common" petty bourgeois persons.

Journalists have been searching for scandals about Daniel Westling for years but still don't found anything worth writing about. So whats to do when You can't find anything negative to say? Oh Yes: Find up something!

He is ugly. (I don't matter if he is ladies, You aren't dating him).

He haven't good manors? Says who? Meting him when...? He still havnt attended official together with Royals or other officials.

He is not intelligent! (What's wrong doing company management - - last year the company's turnover was 21 million kronor and he's still expends with a new hotel with spa- and sports department). Prince Henrik of Denmark having winerys and I can't find It better or worse. Daniels buisness is more modern into the 21th century. Many of the girls who have been dating some Royal "lads" havn't been working in very glamorous professions, but some still have been good wifes to their "Prince". Nobody should be condemd at all, especially not by us, and not as a Royal when he aren't.

If You have to dicuss Daniels qualitys dont't do by looks and not as a Princes consort when he isn't. He is doing buisness as a manger of gyms, coming hotel and healthservices. Mark an exam of his buisness if You must, and while doing why don't look for drugusing in younger days, having childdren with other women and outliving like some girls marrying a certin Crown Prince... You'll have to work hard to find anything nearly like these scandals on Daniel - PROMISE!

Lena 09-30-2005 05:34 PM

Yesterday Iīve thought, you are a woman (one thinks so automatically here). So I was a little surprised about your defence. But now I see, that you are a male. So thinking in stereotypes, it doesnīt surprise me to see you defending Daniel. Usually the pride of (male) wolves is sticking together :p
I hope you allow this little stereotype, after all you are working with ones (keyword drugs) too.

Karisma 09-30-2005 06:07 PM

Stereotypes is the right word

Quote:

Yesterday Iīve thought, you are a woman (one thinks so automatically here). So I was a little surprised about your defence. But now I see, that you are a male. So thinking in stereotypes, it doesnīt surprise me to see you defending Daniel. Usually the pride of (male) wolves is sticking together :p
I hope you allow this little stereotype, after all you are working with ones (keyword drugs) too.

Of course I do, dear! I loooove stereotypes called woman. And it's obvious You'll need some more "male stereotypes here". After all we all here love Royals and I, myself, also find Monarchy, as a constitution, above others. But of course we cant't have Royals more and more common. I know my limits and stand up for them. Some common girls and boys may have been good for their Royal partners, but, come on - - they aren't good for the Country they represents, and then they will be increasing the burden for the Monarch, and for Monarchy.

About Daniel give him a chanse. If I'm "Karisma" today I could be Mayor following Years. If I become a Mayor in a couple of Years I should'nt be marked for something I don't know anything about now. Now I'm a principal and If I'm not good in what I'm doing it's okay for people In my town making the board of school dismiss me. I can still be Mayor though...

You could mark Daniel if he isn't good as a contractor and manager for gyms, hotels and alternative helthcare. Wait for him a little bit about condeming him for being something he is'nt - yet.:rolleyes:

Lena 10-01-2005 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karisma
Of course I do, dear! I loooove stereotypes called woman. And it's obvious You'll need some more "male stereotypes here". After all we all here love Royals and I, myself, also find Monarchy, as a constitution, above others. But of course we cant't have Royals more and more common. I know my limits and stand up for them. Some common girls and boys may have been good for their Royal partners, but, come on - - they aren't good for the Country they represents, and then they will be increasing the burden for the Monarch, and for Monarchy.

I agree on that-completely. And thatīs why Iīm (among other things) no Monarchist (practically I live in a republic...with some faults though). Sooner or later Royals will extinct themselves, when they will go on with marrying ordinary ppl, leading jet set lives and so on. Ppl will start to ask, what makes them so special, so "high born", that the get the highest position in the state promised-with the first cry they do.
But what an improvement makes Daniel here :confused:

I think basically you have to consider 2 things:

1. Past and Future

2. Perception (appearance) and Reality

ad1) You say, that we shouldnīt judge Daniel, for something he isnīt so far. Maybe he will be the perfect prince (Even though this would contradict your statement: "they aren't good for the Country they represents, and then they will be increasing the burden for the Monarch, and for Monarchy. ")
But when itīs a moral problem to judge something, that is in the future, why is it then ok to judge the past of a Royal, when he or she was still a commoner? You seem to point out, that we should judge the qualities of a Royal, when he/she is doing the job, but at the same time, you talk negatively about the pasts of some. So please fairness for all and not just for the person, you seem to like.

ad2) Both sides, the journalists and Daniel (+ the court) work with appearance.
The journalists never said "Daniel is stupid, his english is bad..." They just say "sources said, Daniel is"..."Sources said, that the king said, Daniel is..."And they publish his Högskoleprovet-result, his grades, his tax declaration...and they have also published explanations for bad results or a strange tax declaration. I donīt say, that these journalists do good work and produce fair well-balanced journalism, but what I say is, that they always leave some space for interpretation (mainly to let themselves seem as being the good ones). Itīs UP to the people, to build an opinion.
And heaven knows, we here have tried to point out all sides. You will find pages filled with possible explanations for his bad result in this högskoleprovet. We have accepted Danielīs explanation for his bad grades in high school. And just the same do a lot of Swedish ppl in Swedish forums. When you start to talk about Danielīs intelligence, then itīs YOU, who believes, that ppl could think, he isnīt the sharpest knife in the drawer. And why do you believe so?

As Iīve said also Daniel works with appearance. What you have written about his gyms is on the one hand true, on the other hand it includes a lot of stuff, that was just said of Daniel. He and his colleague (who obviously left the gym) told us about a lot of projects, they wanted to do in the past years. They told us about a project in a hotel, they talked about a concept like the german chain McFit (which is a big chain, with low prices and less service), they talked about opening a third luxury gym, they talked about offering skiing and golfing trips, now Daniel talks about starting a chain for a broader range of customers. Daniel poses in a suit for Swedenīs biggest financial newspaper for the second time.
Fact is: He owns 70% of two gyms and Master Training had a turnover of 9 millions SEK last year.
This isnīt bad...and his step to start with a friend a luxury gym in 2000 should be admired ( I wouldnīt have dared this step), but isnīt it a bit strange to make Daniel (in your mind...or the peopleīs minds) to a manager of a big chain?

Itīs good, that you think firstly positively about a person. But does this mean, you are at this point closer to reality, than people who criticise Daniel, or who have no clear opinion?

Karisma 10-02-2005 02:40 PM

A little bit TOO much

Quote:

I agree on that-completely. And thatīs why Iīm (among other things) no Monarchist (practically I live in a republic...with some faults though). Sooner or later Royals will extinct themselves, when they will go on with marrying ordinary ppl, leading jet set lives and so on. Ppl will start to ask, what makes them so special, so "high born", that the get the highest position in the state promised-with the first cry they do.

I don't think It's about "high borne" nowdays when Royals get married. Queen Sonja and Queen Silva are among examples of them who still have succeeded well. It's morely about Your "upbringing" and having good behavior and, particularly being a Royal, a question of knowing all about "etiquette".

About You're for Republic: (It would be interesting with a forum about Republic! Are there any - If NO - why not)?

Quote:

But what an improvement makes Daniel here :confused:

I think basically you have to consider 2 things:

1. Past and Future

2. Perception (appearance) and Reality

ad1) You say, that we shouldnīt judge Daniel, for something he isnīt so far. Maybe he will be the perfect prince (Even though this would contradict your statement: "they aren't good for the Country they represents, and then they will be increasing the burden for the Monarch, and for Monarchy. ")

In Dagens Nyheter today CP Victoria did state; -"My love have dark hair, four legs a big black damp nose. It's my dog"- when scoolchildren asked (in her visit i China). Why don't You and others wait until anything is official?

Me saying: "they aren't good for the Country they represents, and then they will be increasing the burden for the Monarch, and for Monarchy" - is about people who already are married to Royals. I'ts not good att all and worse if they are going on the same way, outliving jetset-life.

Quote:

But when itīs a moral problem to judge something, that is in the future, why is it then ok to judge the past of

Quote:

a Royal, when he or she was still a commoner? You seem to point out, that we should judge the qualities of a Royal, when he/she is doing the job, but at the same time, you talk negatively about the pasts of some. So please fairness for all and not just for the person, you seem to like.

If CP Victoria, or an other Royal person in an other country, will marry a person having drougproblems, former living in a dope den, with children together with an other girl, having phobias, frights with common things a Royal have to manage, I can assue You I'll not have positive reactions... Victoria still a single Royalwoman, and Mr Westling havn't been using drugs, isn't a father, hav'nt been living in a dope den. We don't know of any phobias and he's not engaged to anyone I know.

Quote:

ad2) Both sides, the journalists and Daniel (+ the court) work with appearance.
The journalists never said "Daniel is stupid, his english is bad..." They just say "sources said, Daniel is"..."Sources said, that the king said, Daniel is..."And they publish his Högskoleprovet-result, his grades, his tax declaration...and they have also published explanations for bad results or a strange tax declaration. I donīt say, that these journalists do good work and produce fair well-balanced journalism, but what I say is, that they always leave some space for interpretation (mainly to let themselves seem as being the good ones). Itīs UP to the people, to build an opinion.
And heaven knows, we here have tried to point out all sides. You will find pages filled with possible explanations for his bad result in this högskoleprovet. We have accepted Danielīs explanation for his bad grades in high school. And just the same do a lot of Swedish ppl in Swedish forums.

I could'nt care less about Daniel and "högskoleprovet" then I do. Einstein didn't suceed well in scool and literary researchers says W. A Mozart had a form of word blindness, dyslexia. And I say: We only know Mr Daniel Westling as a friend of CP Victoria. Leave Mr Westilig at this time.

Quote:

When you start to talk about Danielīs intelligence, then itīs YOU, who believes, that ppl could think, he isnīt the sharpest knife in the drawer. And why do you believe so?

I don't! You are bad informed. It wasn't me writing about "Daniels intelligence" at first. It'suninteresting at the very moment.

Quote:

As Iīve said also Daniel works with appearance. What you have written about his gyms is on the one hand true, on the other hand it includes a lot of stuff, that was just said of Daniel. He and his colleague (who obviously left the gym) told us about a lot of projects, they wanted to do in the past years. They told us about a project in a hotel, they talked about a concept like the german chain McFit (which is a big chain, with low prices and less service), they talked about opening a third luxury gym, they talked about offering skiing and golfing trips, now Daniel talks about starting a chain for a broader range of customers. Daniel poses in a suit for Swedenīs biggest financial newspaper for the second time.
Fact is: He owns 70% of two gyms and Master Training had a turnover of 9 millions SEK last year.
This isnīt bad...and his step to start with a friend a luxury gym in 2000 should be admired ( I wouldnīt have dared this step), but isnīt it a bit strange to make Daniel (in your mind...or the peopleīs minds) to a manager of a big chain?

It was a big misstake of me quoting an newspaper article when I tryed to do an example. Neither You or me will know the trouth. And I could'nt care less.

Quote:

Itīs good, that you think firstly positively about a person. But does this mean, you are at this point closer to reality, than people who criticise Daniel, or who have no clear opinion?

If You ask me about Mr Westling as a private person doing buisness in one way or another, I'm no interested having an opinion. I don't care! If Mr Westling official will be engaged to a Royal person I will be interested learning about him and what he is doing and how he does it - if he do, or stay at home...;)

Genevieve 10-02-2005 03:18 PM

Quote:

I don't think It's about "high borne" nowdays when Royals get married. Queen Sonja and Queen Silva are among examples of them who still have succeeded well. It's morely about Your "upbringing" and having good behavior and, particularly being a Royal, a question of knowing all about "etiquette".

Etiquette is something that can be learned. If Daniel or whomever is unawares in which fork to use at dinner, they can easily learn that.

Quote:

If CP Victoria, or an other Royal person in an other country, will marry a person [...] having phobias, frights with common things a Royal have to manage, I can assue You I'll not have positive reactions... Victoria still a single Royalwoman, and Mr Westling havn't been using drugs, isn't a father, hav'nt been living in a dope den. We don't know of any phobias and he's not engaged to anyone I know.

Did not realize that having a phobia or having fears was such an unroyal thing! :eek: That must mean that royals are super human, are never afraid of things whether it's spiders or taking chances. No wonder they get to wear crowns and live in palaces!

Well, since Daniel is apparently scared of nothing that we know of then Victoria must marry him immediately! Such a man is a rare species!

Quote:

I could'nt care less about Daniel and "högskoleprovet" then I do. Einstein didn't suceed well in scool and literary researchers says W. A Mozart had a form of word blindness, dyslexia.

Strange isn't it that Daniel is afraid of nothing but yet he's not super intelligent. :confused: Did the Swedes take a poll and decide that they would prefer a future consort who is fearless rather than superior in intellegence? :rolleyes: I wonder what choice I would make if I had to choose: Someone who is scared of things like everyone else I know or someone who is Mensa material. Wow it is like Sophie's choice! :p

Regina 10-02-2005 04:53 PM

Karisma, your messages above have very good points and you explained yourself very well !!

Karisma 10-02-2005 05:12 PM

Imaginations

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genevieve

Etiquette is something that can be learned. If Daniel or whomever is unawares in which fork to use at dinner, they can easily learn that.

Well, Daniel Isn't an official person yet so I,ll don't see why You compaire him with one? When, and if, Victoria are to be engaged her former husband must have permittion not only by HM The King, but also by the Swedish government from the Primeminister. After that a man who will be CP Victorias fiancé also, by himself, have agreed he's "an official". Then he "must play the game". When and if it will be a weddng we don't know for sure. After an imagined wedding and after CP Victorias bridegroom answerd his "Yes" we can look up on him as a member of The Swedish Royal family. Some months after a suposed honeymoon I'll be happy to discus the Swedish Crownprincessconsort - and "his habits" - good or not so good.

Quote:

Did not realize that having a phobia or having fears was such an unroyal thing! :eek: That must mean that royals are super human, are never afraid of things whether it's spiders or taking chances. No wonder they get to wear crowns and live in palaces!

The late Queen Louise of Sweden once said in an interwiew when a journalist asked her about how she felt "nowdays": "A Queen have two choises! 1. Being in a cheerful mood. 2. Being dead." Yes, I do belive Royals have to be above others and I do belive they have obligations almost unhuman. I will be very worried for Monarchy if we don't have the same craves on them that we'll have on other head of states. And just because Royals are above Presidents in official acts they must at least have the same dutys and offers.

Quote:

Well, since Daniel is apparently scared of nothing that we know of then Victoria must marry him immediately! Such a man is a rare species!

Daniel? Who? Oh, You must be thinking about one of CP Victorias friends. I don't know much about him only lots of speculations in scandalmagazines. In official Sweden he's "nobody", and the Royal court don't mention any "Daniel" and don't comment him in official states. So there are no "Daniel" to discus and compare with person who have accepted being Royals and officials.

If Victoria will meet a man to love, let's hope he has a good reputation and is known as an honest, honourable person without scandals. And of course I find it necessary measures finding out he is healthy, because it will be hard work being a Crownprincessconsort.

Quote:

Strange isn't it that Daniel is afraid of nothing but yet he's not super intelligent. :confused: Did the Swedes take a poll and decide that they would prefer a future consort who is fearless rather than superior in intellegence? :rolleyes: I wonder what choice I would make if I had to choose: Someone who is scared of things like everyone else I know or someone who is Mensa material. Wow it is like Sophie's choice! :p

Not intelligent? Who? What? Why? Whome? What Daniel? I have a friend, Daniel Sjögren! :rolleyes: Do You know him? He is quite a man! :cool:

(We have no one namned "Daniel" in The Swedish Royal family so I find no ground going on discussing a private person on a forum aimed for Royal officials).

Im no specialist in psychiatry,but what have intelligence with courage to do?

We don't have a Crownprincessconsort in Sweden so You have been badly informed. And I myself, I don't know anything about it, but a lot of gossip and tittle-tattle is going on among wild gesticulating persons eager to know more then there are to say at the very moment. :D

Karisma 10-02-2005 05:57 PM

Thank You!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina
Karisma, your messages above have very good points and you explained yourself very well !!

I'm glad anyone seem to understand my point of wiew. Thank You!

Regina 10-02-2005 06:18 PM

Quote:

I'm glad anyone seem to understand my point of wiew. Thank You!

To be honest I think Daniel has a weird look, and his eyes are not very expressive (maybe I'm wrong but it is my impression when I look at him), but anyway I liked to read your reasons and the way you articulate your arguments. Congratulations, very interesting.

Karisma 10-02-2005 06:42 PM

Hert dog is her BIG LOVE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina
To be honest I think Daniel has a weird look, and his eyes are not very expressive (maybe I'm wrong but it is my impression when I look at him), but anyway I liked to read your reasons and the way you articulate your arguments. Congratulations, very interesting.

Today in Swedens no 1 morningpaper "Dagens Nyheter" (News of today) Victoria said "My love havingf black hair, warm eys, black hair, walking on four legs, having a warm black nose -I'ts my dog" -se said! - when journalists in China asked. I find no point in comparing a personel friend of Victorias, or a dog, with officials, though I find her dog cute;) ... Let Victoria be together with her friends. I wouldn't dare being a friendof a Royal when people go on so hard on them. If I took a job near a Royal I would have had a chanse saying - NO! But if Victoria and all other young Royals around the world can't have friends it's really bad. If someone becomes fiancé I'm sure we'll know about it. But for Gods sake - let Youngsters be Youngsters until theyīve admitted being officials.

Genevieve 10-02-2005 07:15 PM

Quote:

Well, Daniel Isn't an official person yet so I,ll don't see why You compaire him with one?

How did I compare him to an official person? I simply said that etiquette is something that anyone, such as Daniel, can learn from classes if he is unawares of such things. Please read my posts carefully and do not put words in my mouth.

Quote:

Daniel? Who? Oh, You must be thinking about one of CP Victorias friends. I don't know much about him only lots of speculations in scandalmagazines. In official Sweden he's "nobody", and the Royal court don't mention any "Daniel" and don't comment him in official states. So there are no "Daniel" to discus and compare with person who have accepted being Royals and officials.

You must have a short memory. Or convenient memory lost. How is it that you can discuss Daniel whenever it suits you as an official person or not, but when others want to he suddenly doesn't exist? :confused:

Perhaps a memory refresher is necessary? Here is a choice quote by you (the royal blue font is the clue that it's a post by you), originally posted on September 30:

Quote:

ABOUT Mr Daniel Westling:
I must remind You we have former drougusing outliving persons who have married Royals. Some even having children with other "common" petty bourgeois persons.

Journalists have been searching for scandals about Daniel Westling for years but still don't found anything worth writing about. So whats to do when You can't find anything negative to say? Oh Yes: Find up something!

He is ugly. (I don't matter if he is ladies, You aren't dating him).

He haven't good manors? Says who? Meting him when...? He still havnt attended official together with Royals or other officials.

He is not intelligent! (What's wrong doing company management - - last year the company's turnover was 21 million kronor and he's still expends with a new hotel with spa- and sports department). Prince Henrik of Denmark having winerys and I can't find It better or worse. Daniels buisness is more modern into the 21th century. Many of the girls who have been dating some Royal "lads" havn't been working in very glamorous professions, but some still have been good wifes to their "Prince". Nobody should be condemd at all, especially not by us, and not as a Royal when he aren't.

If You have to dicuss Daniels qualitys dont't do by looks and not as a Princes consort when he isn't. He is doing buisness as a manger of gyms, coming hotel and healthservices. Mark an exam of his buisness if You must, and while doing why don't look for drugusing in younger days, having childdren with other women and outliving like some girls marrying a certin Crown Prince... You'll have to work hard to find anything nearly like these scandals on Daniel - PROMISE!
Before Daniel plenty of women were discussed in relations to royals whether or not they were engaged. When she was merely Mary Donaldson of Australia, Mary was known in Denmark and Australia as Crown Prince Ferederik's girlfriend. So why not fair play for Daniel Westling? He may not exist officially but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist at all.

Quote:

Not intelligent? Who? What? Why? Whome? What Daniel? I have a friend, Daniel Sjögren! :rolleyes: Do You know him? He is quite a man! :cool:

Nice to know you have friends. Say hi to your friend Daniel for me. :cool:

Quote:

(We have no one namned "Daniel" in The Swedish Royal family so I find no ground going on discussing a private person on a forum aimed for Royal officials).

See the above quoted post by you. You certainly found ground to discuss how not good looking he was, how unintelligent he is, and about how no scandal has been unearthed about him. So why can you discuss him even if he doesn't actually exist to you but I cannot? Seems hypocritcal to me. :mad:

Quote:

Im no specialist in psychiatry,but what have intelligence with courage to do?

I don't know. :confused: You're the one who brought it up. You said that royals should be free of phobias and fears so they must be strong and courageous I guess, and you're the one who said that Daniel was unintelligent and that even Einstein was no Einstein. ... What does psychiatry have to do with this? :confused: Are you a pyschiatrist? :confused:

Quote:

We don't have a Crownprincessconsort in Sweden so You have been badly informed. And I myself, I don't know anything about it, but a lot of gossip and tittle-tattle is going on among wild gesticulating persons eager to know more then there are to say at the very moment. :D

I'm not uninformed about anything on this topic. I never once said that Victoria was engaged to Daniel or to anyone else. I was simply discussing some of the points raised here by you. So if discussion is considered "tittle-tattle" then I guess that's what's been going on here. :rolleyes:

Lena 10-03-2005 03:51 AM

I agree, that itīs very interesting to read your posts, Karisma.
But generally I agree with Genevieve.
A lot you write, is about hypocrisy and about Royals you donīt seem to like (letīs name her: crown princess Mette Marit)

When you think, that Daniel isnīt an official person, people shouldnīt talk about right now, why are talking then here so much about him?
We are well aware, that Daniel isnīt an official member of the Royal family. But we see him attending an official Ice hockey game with Victoria, we see him with the Royal parents, we heard her earlier talking about Daniel (and not just only about her dogs...btw. I think mentioned Jambo is a blond dog and I think she has also decribed him as blond. Dark hair has only Daniel :p ), and even the court commented a few times on Daniel. So why should we ignore him and shouldnīt talk about him? Obviously he isnīt hiding in the cellar of his appartment house, but is step by step doing things, that a prince would do.

Crown princess Victoria suffered from anorexia, crown princess Mette Marit was afraid of flying. Both have sought help and are cured. So what is the difference? And how would you argue, that Victoria, a born Royal and daughter of a king (with Royal/noble parents) and the perfectly fitting commoner Silvia, suffered also from a mental problem (???)

BTW I wonder, if you tell as principal bad students also, that Mozart and Einstein were failures at school ;)

Karisma 10-03-2005 06:25 AM

Condescending or?

Quote:

How did I compare him to an official person? I simply said that etiquette is something that anyone, such as Daniel, can learn from classes if he is unawares of such things. Please read my posts carefully and do not put words in my mouth.

A person isn't official only because there's gossip around her/him. When You're a Royal person, President, Primeminister or leading politician You've choose to be a part of the Establishment.

Quote:

You must have a short memory. Or convenient memory lost. How is it that you can discuss Daniel whenever it suits you as an official person or not, but when others want to he suddenly doesn't exist? :confused:

Quote:

Perhaps a memory refresher is necessary? Here is a choice quote by you (the royal blue font is the clue that it's a post by you), originally posted on September 30:

It was a trying to explain Mr Westling isn't an official (public). Some did understand my points, others obviously don't.

Quote:

Before Daniel plenty of women were discussed in relations to royals whether or not they were engaged. When she was merely Mary Donaldson of Australia, Mary was known in Denmark and Australia as Crown Prince Ferederik's girlfriend. So why not fair play for Daniel Westling? He may not exist officially but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist at all.

I havn't been a member very long and know nothing about discussions before middle of august 2005.

Quote:

Nice to know you have friends. Say hi to your friend Daniel for me. :cool:

I do hope You too have some friends too, being a pleasant person. Mr Sjögren will have Your greeting.

Quote:

See the above quoted post by you. You certainly found ground to discuss how not good looking he was, how unintelligent he is, and about how no scandal has been unearthed about him. So why can you discuss him even if he doesn't actually exist to you but I cannot? Seems hypocritcal to me. :mad:

You can discus what You like to do (if webmaster don't mind). My point is: Don't compare a privat person with Royals.

Quote:

I don't know. :confused: You're the one who brought it up. You said that royals should be free of phobias and fears so they must be strong and courageous I guess, and you're the one who said that Daniel was unintelligent and that even Einstein was no Einstein. ... What does psychiatry have to do with this? :confused: Are you a pyschiatrist? :confused:

Please read what I've been writing. Is it Mr Sjögren You're speeking about when You name Einstein? :rolleyes:

Quote:

I'm not uninformed about anything on this topic. I never once said that Victoria was engaged to Daniel or to anyone else. I was simply discussing some of the points raised here by you. So if discussion is considered "tittle-tattle" then I guess that's what's been going on here. :rolleyes:

I'm not very well informed agout "tittle-tattle" and I havn't read everything in this forum but I follow official announcements with great interest.

Karisma 10-03-2005 11:34 AM

Fuss, drivel and dirty digging!

Quote:

I agree, that itīs very interesting to read your posts, Karisma.
But generally I agree with Genevieve.
A lot you write, is about hypocrisy and about Royals you donīt seem to like (letīs name her: crown princess Mette Marit)

I havn't been compairing any Royal person with another, and definitely not any private person with a Royal person.

You, Yourself mention a Norwegian Royal. I don't think she belongs here! I could think about many other Royals from Europe though.:rolleyes:

Quote:

When you think, that Daniel isnīt an official person, people shouldnīt talk about right now, why are talking then here so much about him?
We are well aware, that Daniel isnīt an official member of the Royal family. But we see him attending an official Ice hockey game with Victoria, we see him with the Royal parents, we heard her earlier talking about Daniel (and not just only about her dogs...btw. I think mentioned Jambo is a blond dog and I think she has also decribed him as blond. Dark hair has only Daniel :p ), and even the court commented a few times on Daniel. So why should we ignore him and shouldnīt talk about him? Obviously he isnīt hiding in the cellar of his appartment house, but is step by step doing things, that a prince would do.

I have the paper "Dagens Nyheter" at my side and Victoria speaks about a black, hairy dog with four legs and a big, black, wet nose. It doesn't matter! She could be making it up or a journalist had it all wrong. Did - didn't! Who knows? Let's don't argue about that detail.

When the court commented Mr Westling it was as a friend among friends.

I don't know what a former Crownprincessconsort would do because at the very moment there are only one Crownprincess in Europe (whome I know about) becomming a head of state. I havn't a clue what a person who is to become CP Victorias fiancé must do the day the Royal Court give an announcement.

Quote:

Crown princess Victoria suffered from anorexia, crown princess Mette Marit was afraid of flying. Both have sought help and are cured. So what is the difference? And how would you argue, that Victoria, a born Royal and daughter of a king (with Royal/noble parents) and the perfectly fitting commoner Silvia, suffered also from a mental problem (???)

Your lines above is far away to low for me. :( I could include lots and lots of European Royals having had problems, living jet-set lives and being unfaithful to their wifes, drugusing, abusing alcohol and so on. But it isn't what this thread is about. And it wouldn't be a dignified discussion here. I, myself, think I'll drop it and let them who bury oneself in one's studies of spiteful things dig deeper with more and more dirt under there nailes.:mad:

Quote:

BTW I wonder, if you tell as principal bad students also, that Mozart and Einstein were failures at school ;)

You can be sure I do! :)

Lena 10-03-2005 01:08 PM

Quote:

I havn't been compairing any Royal person with another, and definitely not any private person with a Royal person.

You, Yourself mention a Norwegian Royal. I don't think she belongs here! I could think about many other Royals from Europe though.:rolleyes:

I have the paper "Dagens Nyheter" at my side and Victoria speaks about a black, hairy dog with four legs and a big, black, wet nose. It doesn't matter! She could be making it up or a journalist had it all wrong. Did - didn't! Who knows? Let's don't argue about that detail.

When the court commented Mr Westling it was as a friend among friends.

I don't know what a former Crownprincessconsort would do because at the very moment there are only one Crownprincess in Europe (whome I know about) becomming a head of state. I havn't a clue what a person who is to become CP Victorias fiancé must do the day the Royal Court give an announcement.

Your lines above is far away to low for me. :( I could include lots and lots of European Royals having had problems, living jet-set lives and being unfaithful to their wifes, drugusing, abusing alcohol and so on. But it isn't what this thread is about. And it wouldn't be a dignified discussion here. I, myself, think I'll drop it and let them who bury oneself in one's studies of spiteful things dig deeper with more and more dirt under there nailes.:mad:

You can be sure I do! :)

Come on, donīt play here the innocent! I hate to discuss on a level, where one person doesnīt name things, but everyone knows, who is meant. And when one is asked directly, the person say "Why do you think, Iīve meant this person?"
I donīt want to discuss mental problems on a low level. I want ppl accepting, that some persons have problems and need support. No matter to which class, they belong.
All which came from you was, that Royals with a mental problem donīt deserve a positive reaction (from you) :mad: :
Quote:

If CP Victoria, or an other Royal person in an other country, will marry a person having drougproblems, former living in a dope den, with children together with an other girl, having phobias, frights with common things a Royal have to manage, I can assue You I'll not have positive reactions... Victoria still a single Royalwoman, and Mr Westling havn't been using drugs, isn't a father, hav'nt been living in a dope den. We don't know of any phobias and he's not engaged to anyone I know.

And at the same time you talked about inappropriate commoners.

Karisma 10-03-2005 06:38 PM

Interpretation

Quote:

Come on, donīt play here the innocent!

I'm not playing anything, dear! I'm in the right having an opinion. But don't put words into my mouth. Please read what I'm writing and don't use Your interpretation about it. I'll try to respect Your opinion. Try to respect mine.

Quote:

I hate to discuss on a level, where one person doesnīt name things, but everyone knows, who is meant.

You seem to be spiteful! It's not good for Your pressure. Calm down a little bit would be good for You.

I don't think You have got powers of reasoning and can read my mind taking into consideration it seam to be clear You have misunderstood the issue in my mind.

Quote:

And when one is asked directly, the person say "Why do you think, Iīve meant this person?"

And You havn't answerd my question Yet. "Why do you think, Iīve meant this person?" You are the one doing an interpretation this time too! Perheps It's better for You fleeing from reality and put Your words into other persons mouth? Don't jump on to others - answer for Your own opinion. I can stand up for mine and know what I have had in my mind. But what You think You know it's not the same as You can know what I have what have been thinking about. That's arrogance!

Quote:

I donīt want to discuss mental problems on a low level. I want ppl accepting, that some persons have problems and need support. No matter to which class, they belong.

Well, if You want to discuss mental problems there are other forums better then "The Royal Forums".

Healthy or sick- everyone must become aware of their limits. And if they don't do they will need help getting awareness.

Quote:

All which came from you was, that Royals with a mental problem donīt deserve a positive reaction (from you) :mad: :

You think You are an expert reading other persons minds? Don't! I'll suggest You try harder reading what people realy are writing and not let Your feelings run away with You making Your own interprtation about what You think other people may be tinking. It is in the best conceivable manner both commoners and Royals don't make unfounded allegations.

Quote:

And at the same time you talked about inappropriate commoners.

Speaking about what's appropriate:
"There are things You've got to be a specilist not to understand".

Britters 10-03-2005 08:05 PM

My my, things are getting rather heated on these boards! I should learn to check more often!

At any rate, I think (maybe hope as well ;) ) we here about an engagement soon...

Lena 10-04-2005 03:48 AM

Quote:

I'm not playing anything, dear! I'm in the right having an opinion. But don't put words into my mouth. Please read what I'm writing and don't use Your interpretation about it. I'll try to respect Your opinion. Try to respect mine.

You seem to be spiteful! It's not good for Your pressure. Calm down a little bit would be good for You.

I don't think You have got powers of reasoning and can read my mind taking into consideration it seam to be clear You have misunderstood the issue in my mind.

And You havn't answerd my question Yet. "Why do you think, Iīve meant this person?" You are the one doing an interpretation this time too! Perheps It's better for You fleeing from reality and put Your words into other persons mouth? Don't jump on to others - answer for Your own opinion. I can stand up for mine and know what I have had in my mind. But what You think You know it's not the same as You can know what I have what have been thinking about. That's arrogance!

Well, if You want to discuss mental problems there are other forums better then "The Royal Forums".

Healthy or sick- everyone must become aware of their limits. And if they don't do they will need help getting awareness.

You think You are an expert reading other persons minds? Don't! I'll suggest You try harder reading what people realy are writing and not let Your feelings run away with You making Your own interprtation about what You think other people may be tinking. It is in the best conceivable manner both commoners and Royals don't make unfounded allegations.

Speaking about what's appropriate:
"There are things You've got to be a specilist not to understand".

I canīt read minds, but I can read your former posts. Please delete them, when you donīt want us to expose your contradictions :D
This post will be my last one in this discussion with you on this matter. I think, Iīve done enough to prove you wrong...:p If you want, you can interpret it as capitulation, I donīt care. :cool: :p ;) :) :D

I just can hope that the word "principal" in your profile is a lie. Or that you unload your frustration and your injustice on MBs, but nowhere else. Otherwise: poor kids.
For us, itīs some kind of awkward fun (combined with a shake of the head) to read your stuff. Students would be in a way dependent from you :(

Karisma 10-04-2005 07:07 AM

You aren't a spokesperson!

Quote:

I canīt read minds, but I can read your former posts. Please delete them, when you donīt want us to expose your contradictions :D
This post will be my last one in this discussion with you on this matter. I think, Iīve done enough to prove you wrong...:p If you want, you can interpret it as capitulation, I donīt care. :cool: :p ;) :) :D

Former posts in an other threads about other persons is'nt about what this particular thred deals with. You must have been mixing up one thing with another. Let's try deal with this thread here and another thred somewere else. When You write about "contradictions" it's an interpretation from You, and worse: You speak about "us". You aren't a spokesperson for anyone but Yourself! I've got lots of e-mail from persons sayin "Thank's for raise a lively debate"... What's worring me is the one's don't dare to say their thougts here. Why? Well, "some people on The Royal Forum don't seem to like people with other opinions", they say. For me it's a warning signal when people can't speek free.

It's not about being right or wrong, it's about the right to have an opinion. So if You've been writing to "prove" anything it have been a total failure for You. But I've liked to hear Your opinions thougt, and I do respect them.

I'm not the one doing interpretation on You. I read Your words and answer You with my opinion on what You're writing.

Quote:

I just can hope that the word "principal" in your profile is a lie. Or that you unload your frustration and your injustice on MBs, but nowhere else. Otherwise: poor kids.
For us, itīs some kind of awkward fun (combined with a shake of the head) to read your stuff. Students would be in a way dependent from you :(

I'm not used with lies, and don't do them! It was a tactless, immature, remark . You are still jumping on to others, trying to read minds, when You involve my work into this discussion. You havn't a clou about my occupation, how I do work, in what grade I'm working and what type of Schoolbuisniss I'm a leader of. You imagine it's "poor kids". Who have said anything about kids, and why "poor"? Interpretation again!

First: I'ts all about Your imagination.
Second: I can't see I've been discussing Your or other members profession here, and I don't thing we ought to do so eigther. But when You mention it: At least I have the courage writing in my profile I'm a principal, headmaster, dean = head of schoolbusiness. I am for sure! And I'm doing A good job, having independent students learning to be critical to a source of error and standing up for their opinion.

Yennie 10-04-2005 07:55 AM

To Karisma and Lena:
I dont want to act police here, but why dont you take your discussion by PMīs instead?
It has nothing to do with Daniel anymore and that is what this thread is about.

peace :)

Karisma 10-04-2005 08:14 AM

Thanks!

Quote:

To Karisma and Lena:
I dont want to act police here, but why dont you take your discussion by PMīs instead?

I can't agree more! But webmasters don't like when You write PM:s if not invited. I've been doing that misstake when I was a newbe. :o

If we only can be tolerant with other peoples opinions it would'nt be problems. Discussion abov is very much about me having an opinion about another Royal person. There were many menbers who didn't like my opinion and told me in a polite way. It's OK with me, but when making conclusions about my person and seeking dirt about other Royals, just to prove other Royals having problems too, it's not OK. I'll try to go back to writing about my interests here - Royals. Thank You very much for Your opinion!

Lena 10-04-2005 09:17 AM

Quote:

To Karisma and Lena:

Well, Yennie, I agree, that such a discussion should maybe lead on in PMs.
But as Iīve said, I donīt want to talk to him anymore.
But I will willingly go on to talk with the ppl, who congratulated me (via PM) for facing Karismaīs contradictions.

GrandDuchess 10-04-2005 09:44 AM

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I have read some rather harsh and condescending remarks here in this discussion, and I want to urge all of our members to please remember to treat each other with respect and politeness.

Discussions is always good, but please keep them on a normal level and don't get agitated or heated in your emotions so that you write something that isn't very nice to other/s. The Royal Forums won't put up with name calling or disrespect to anyone.

Please remember to keep this thread on topic.

Thanks for your cooperation,
GrandDuchess, as Super Moderator.

Tinika 07-22-2006 11:18 PM

Try as I might, I just can't bring myself to like Daniel. He must be very, VERY different in private for Victoria to love him. Or she must be very insecure.

grevinnan 07-22-2006 11:29 PM

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean there is anything wrong with him or Victoria.

Karisma 07-23-2006 10:34 AM

Donīt criticize

Itīs unfare criticizeing Daniel. They arenīengaged yet, and noone knows for sure if they ever will be. Give him a chanse, wait and see in a future perspective . Many prince consorts are commoners too, and some of them have been doing quite a good job.

Alexandria 07-23-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Itīs unfare criticizeing Daniel. They arenīengaged yet, and noone knows for sure if they ever will be. Give him a chanse, wait and see in a future perspective . Many prince consorts are commoners too, and some of them have been doing quite a good job.

I didn't realize that only when individuals officially became officially part of royal families that we could criticize them. :confused: That is news to me.

We criticize everyone on this forum, so why not Daniel? A lot of pre-princess commoner girlfriends were heavily criticized before any official engagements, so why the sexist attitude? The level of slagging that went on over Mary from the time she moved from Australia to Denmark was incredible, and Maxima got a lot of criticism for not only her own life, but her father's actions, too. And consider all the comments about William's Kate Middleton or Harry's Chelsea. Turnabout is fair play, I say!

I am not quite sure I understand the protective attitude towards Daniel anyways. He's been in the public eye for several years now by virtue of the fact that he is Victoria's boyfriend. She has come out and said that he is her boyfriend. They attend weddings and other occasions together as boyfriend and girlfriend. He has even furthered his business because of this relationship. Of all the commoner girlfriends/boyfriends to be criticized I would say Daniel is the one as unlike Mary or Maxima who never furthered their private business investments through their royal relationships, Daniel has benefitted a great deal.

Karisma 07-23-2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

I didn't realize that only when individuals officially became officially part of royal families that we could criticize them. :confused: That is news to me.

In my opinion itīs allright to have higher expentations on a person who is an official representative of the state (Royal house) compared to a commoner. And Daniel is nothing but a commoner so far.
Quote:

We criticize everyone on this forum,

(Yes, people have managed to convince me in that matter...):rolleyes:

Quote:

so why not Daniel?

Why ciriticize any commoner in a forum called "The Royal Forums"?
Quote:

A lot of pre-princess commoner girlfriends were heavily criticized before any official engagements, so why the sexist attitude?

I havnīt read about that so I just have to beleve You and regret if there have been hard words on commoner girlfriends. But Iīm not a bit sexistic because if Iīve would have seen "pre-princesses" being criticized Iwould have been writing the same thing.
Quote:

The level of slagging that went on over Mary from the time she moved from Australia to Denmark was incredible, and Maxima got a lot of criticism for not only her own life, but her father's actions, too. And consider all the comments about William's Kate Middleton or Harry's Chelsea. Turnabout is fair play, I say!

For me it is one thing being a concort and another being not official girl- or boyfriend to a Royal person. And itīs not fair play to criticize anyone comparing them with Royals when they are NOT.
Quote:

I am not quite sure I understand the protective attitude towards Daniel anyways He's been in the public eye for several years now by virtue of the fact that he is Victoria's boyfriend. She has come out and said that he is her boyfriend. They attend weddings and other occasions together as boyfriend and girlfriend. He has even furthered his business because of this relationship. Of all the commoner girlfriends/boyfriends to be criticized I would say Daniel is the one as unlike Mary or Maxima who never furthered their private business investments through their royal relationships, Daniel has benefitted a great deal.

Well, I havnīt said anything about Mary and Maxima and I donīt know if their had any private buisness before they got married. But I think that every boy or girl should be able to do something profitable themselves. I can imagine the way something looks if a girl or boyfriend to a Royal person wouldnīt be able to supply... Just imagine what sound it would have been in the criticizm. :eek:

Yennie 07-24-2006 05:19 AM

Quote:

Why ciriticize any commoner in a forum called "The Royal Forums"?
maybe because he dates the future Queen of Sweden and probably will be prince consort!!

I think its natural that the people around the royal family, boyfriends/girlfriends/friends/enemies :) gets some attention. The swedish magazines has had several articles about Victorias friends, just because they are her friends. Otherwise they would never be noticed.
We even have a thread here called "Friends of the royal family"

ysbel 07-24-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

maybe because he dates the future Queen of Sweden and probably will be prince consort!!

Why do you say probably Yennie?

Yennie 07-24-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysbel
Why do you say probably Yennie?

Because you can never know for sure ( I think so though :) )
But remember Daniel Collert... He and Victoria dated for 8 years and even if they were young they were still at "marrige-age".But then they, as we all know, split up.
Also I think Daniel W might not be to happy about beeing in the public eye for the rest of his life...
but its almost as if they have taken it "to far" to back out... They have even been out "officially" (=mentioned in the official calendar) once.

But, who knows what will happend!

Josefine 06-03-2008 11:19 AM

i do hope so

i think if he gets his own intrests to work with he wiöll be a great consort

Menarue 06-03-2008 12:06 PM

Not that long ago royalty would only marry royalty, in fact nobles only married nobles but these days that seems to have been forgotten. I would still prefer CP Victoria to marry someone nearer to her station in life and that has nothing to do with Mr. W.
On the other hand I think it is far easier for a woman to take on the title and lifestyle of her husband, wonderful examples to name just a few are Queen Silvia, Princess Mary, Sophie Wessex and quite a few others.

Jo of Palatine 06-03-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 774654)
Not that long ago royalty would only marry royalty, in fact nobles only married nobles but these days that seems to have been forgotten. I would still prefer CP Victoria to marry someone nearer to her station in life and that has nothing to do with Mr. W.

I'm still convinced they hand-picked the young diplomats for the course CP Victoria attended last year and hoped that she might fall for one of them - just like queens Margrethe and Beatrix had chosen young diplomats for their husbands. But obviously Victoria sticks to Daniel and after the course, IIRC, she brought him to some more private events like her father's birthday and a wedding of friends.

Now I believe they are about to get engaged if Daniel wants to marry her and the package that comes with it and if not, we'll see them split up in the very near future. My opinion, of course.

Paty 06-03-2008 12:39 PM

ŋWhy not Daniel Westling as Prince Consort?
The essential thing is that his temperament, his human quality, his tenacity and endurance, his aptitude to deal and to communicate with the most unlike people, be adapted to exercise the role as Prince consort in a constitutional monarchy of a country member of the European Union.

Next Star 08-10-2008 12:25 AM

People have to take a liking to Daniel for him to be accepted by the public.
He might be a good future consort of a future queen if this relationship
goes into marriage.Only time will time for these two.

stellad 08-10-2008 06:07 AM

Daniel will only be a good consort as much as he wants, the SRF and the Swedes allow him to be.

Stellad

kalnel 08-14-2008 09:06 PM

I understand that people want Victoria to find a wonderful young man, but from what I've seen and read, I think people are very hard on Daniel. He's in a very difficult position. For example, people complain that he looks "angry" in pictures, but if he was always smiling and waving, everyone would say he was trying to get attention for himself or steal the limelight from Victoria. (Personally, I think he just looks shy and uncomfortable.) Others complain that owning a gym isn't classy enough. But, if he was CEO of some company, they'd be saying that he was involved in shady business deals that could compromise the royal family. Or, if he was independently wealthy and didn't work, they'd say he was a lazy playboy. The list goes on and on. Victoria has a tough role to fill in finding a husband. She seems smart enough to be aware of the frustrations Philip of England, Bernhard and Claus of the Netherlands, and Henrik of Denmark have faced as "husbands of," so she must know she has to find a resilient guy. Maybe she sees strong character who can build his own life without being too overwhelmed with being his wife's "subject." (Maybe she even loves him, too!)

Lakshmi 08-15-2008 12:41 AM

Kalnel, you made some interesting points about Daniel. I am not his fan, but maybe he has pesonality traits that Victoria needs. It is true, that man's position as a royal consort is difficult and might be disgraceful. If Daniel is the one who can manage it gracefuly and make Victoria happy, so let be it.:smile:

wanderer 08-22-2008 09:46 PM

I can not believe that we are still discussing this topic. Didn't we finish this discussion two years ago?

Lena 08-23-2008 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderer (Post 814900)
I can not believe that we are still discussing this topic. Didn't we finish this discussion two years ago?

You mean then, when we had thought, that now...finally...FINALLY...they must get married? ;)

mixer2002de 08-23-2008 11:31 AM

I do not think they ever will marry....

Al_bina 08-23-2008 04:45 PM

I think that Mr. Westling is a suitable husband/Prince Consort for Crown Princess Victoria. I tend to agree with Jo of Palatine (see post #52) that King and Queen did their best to gently persuade Crown Princess into finding a diplomat. However, Crown Princess Victoria stood by her man. Given the current Crown Princess (e.g., Mette Marit and Letizia), I believe that Mr. Westling is not a bad choice at all.

kalnel 08-27-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena (Post 814947)
You mean then, when we had thought, that now...finally...FINALLY...they must get married? ;)

*Must* get married? Did I miss a headline that Victoria is pregnant or something?

Lena 08-27-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalnel (Post 816278)
*Must* get married? Did I miss a headline that Victoria is pregnant or something?

I was refering to earlier years (if she would have been then pregnant, she wouldnīt be still...only if she would be an elephant, then maybe ;)) and of course a bit of exaggeration was involved

jo ann 08-29-2008 07:58 PM

Hi - I'm new to the forum and from the U.S. Just a question regarding Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling. Why is the King against their engagement when he married a commoner himself? Also, if Victoria were to step down so she can marry Daniel and her brother were to become the crown prince, would he be allowed to marry his current commoner girlfriend? Thanks for filling me in.

Josefine 02-24-2009 03:35 PM

at first i did not think much about daniel but today he grow on me.
he said that he know that the trust from swedish people was something that he need to earn
and his role is to support the crown princess
and later on take on his own intrests if its possible

HRHofNothing 02-24-2009 03:46 PM

He will become a heir-consort next year. Prince-Consort, I still think no. The cynic in me thinks he is not in this for the long-haul. Even if he is, I see him using Henrik as an example- so many temper tantrums to look forward to.

lucien 02-24-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHofNothing (Post 899035)
He will become a heir-consort next year. Prince-Consort, I still think no. The cynic in me thinks he is not in this for the long-haul. Even if he is, I see him using Henrik as an example- so many temper tantrums to look forward to.

There is no such title as an Heir Consort.If he is or isnīt suiteble is up to the future.No-one has a chrystal ball,but I do strongly think that Victoria knows exactly what she is doing,people do get to know eachother in 7 years time you know.And she must have put him to the test time and time again,inundating him in the Royal life he will be part of soon,holding a mirror in front of him questioning what will you do iff...The doīs and dontīs,the whoīs who and whatīs what and what not,all of that.The future will unveil it all in time,but not now.

iakynthi 02-24-2009 04:03 PM

The answer for me is simple:if he truly loves Victoria,he will!

bertie5252003 02-24-2009 10:47 PM

I hope he will be and I hope he does not ever let this young woman down in public. If he truly loves her I read above well a bit naive but I hope you are correct. IMO. I don't like to be wrong but in a few years I hope I can stand corrected.

rominet09 02-24-2009 11:18 PM

After seven years he knows how it will be... he has had time to consider every facet of the situation... he will be OK

Penny Royalty 02-25-2009 01:20 AM

I'm happy they are in love. They probably do know each other very well which makes the engagement all the better. Daniel will prove himself when he does become Crown Prince. He's been by Victoria's side for years and will walk in stride as a future heir as well. I don't worry whether he'll be suitable. I think he and Victoria will do fine. I hope he's happy and caring. They have quite much riding on their shoulders. Maybe they will have a splendid life leading for Sweden. Good luck to them. :flowers:

chaimae 02-25-2009 05:00 AM

i think yes , because 7 years of relation is a long time to know the importance of the role of consort , and the most important thing is they love eachother , specialy victoria she said she feel secure with her prince , so they wll be a good royal couple !

Jacknch 03-08-2009 06:57 AM

The problem is that if Daniel had been the perfect prince or a university professor or an astronaught the same people would still find something to criticise him for (or make it up) because their own lives are just so damn perfect and they have to look down on anyone that doesn't fit their own ideals. Daniel is not JUST a fitness trainer - (i.e. someone who spends much time and skill helping other people with less time and skill to be fit and healthy and thus improving their lives no end) - he has also had the energy, foresight, skill and business acumen to have built up his own business, off his own back and to benefit many more people! He is therefore a very capable candidate for marrying a Crown Princess and giving her the support and encouragement she needs. Above all, she is the Crown Princess of Sweden and as such, everyone should give her the respect she deserves for having found the love of her life - if people criticise Daniel they are unjustifiably criticising her too!

Karisma 03-08-2009 07:54 AM

Daniel will make it well

There have been suggestions, people guess about Daniels title. He willl be prins Daniel, Duke of Västergötland. Untill the wedding he is Mr Daniel Westling.

Iīm sure HRH King Carl Gustav and HRH Crownprinsess Victoria knows what they are doing after 7 long years of trial. Also Daniel! I.m not worried!

MissSaga 03-08-2009 09:14 AM

Of course he is.:smile:

grace marie 03-29-2009 10:08 AM

What a stupid topic. Why Daniel shouldn't be decent husband? Victoria is happy with them so he's good.

MAfan 03-29-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grace marie (Post 914906)
What a stupid topic. Why Daniel shouldn't be decent husband? Victoria is happy with them so he's good.

To be a decen husband is different to be a suitable Prince Consort...I think that after some years of relation between them, she has understood that he can be a good husband; but nobody can say if he will be a good Prince; now we can only hope that he will be, but do we have some certainty about??

IloveCP 07-28-2011 10:44 AM

He is doing so good right now, of course!

Lumutqueen 07-28-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grace marie (Post 914906)

What a stupid question. This topic has nothing to do with being a decent husband but everything to do with being a suitable Prince Consort. Victoria can be happy all she likes with her decent husband as long as he makes a suitable consort for Sweden. We of course won't know, until he becomes that consort.

CrownPrincess5 07-28-2011 12:11 PM

I think he's suitable so far. He's doing a great job being Victoria's helpmate. I just don't know if he has the strength and stamina to be at Victorias side for years and years to come. I guess we'll see.

Duke of Marmalade 07-28-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 (Post 1293511)
He's doing a great job being Victoria's helpmate.

Yes I agree. The question is, does he or the court see his role beyond that. I see him more as part of the Prince Claus type of consort (helpmate to bring up the children - not so much the part of political advisor because in comparison to Claus Daniel is lacking the background), rather than the Prince Philip type, who - within his limitations - was very active and able to establish a successful "consort career".

Karisma 07-29-2011 02:13 PM

What a strange topic!

Of the many strange topics, I think this is among the strangest thing I've ever seen! Again, I'll stoop to those members who have supernatural powers and influence to see into the future, because otherwise, I write things that certainly will be refused by the moderator. I note however that the Swedish people up to now are very happy with Daniel's efforts. To write that, I do not need to use my supernatural abilities...:bang:

XeniaCasaraghi 08-28-2011 10:54 PM

Can anyone answer the question of what the King had against Daniel and Victoria getting married? I can only assume that he got over it a few years back and is now onboard. George VI and Elizabeth were against Prince Philip and that turned out fine. I feel for men who marry the Queen or future Queen because men are taught to be the bread winners the providers, the leaders and being a consort to a Queen leaves them with no role and people expect them to just deal with it happily.

LadyFinn 08-29-2011 11:04 AM

I think that the king had nothing against Daniel in person, he just thought that a man with his background (the middle class family) canīt support the crown princess the best possible way at her job. The king and the queen were with Daniel and Victoria at a concert in Borgholm at summer 2003. The king was also seen with his children and their boy-/girlfriends at a karting track driving a friendly karting competition in April 2004.

Burzg 08-29-2011 11:06 AM

Yes , why he not be suitbale ?

olebabs 08-29-2011 11:09 AM

That seems a bit strange since his own wife came from similar background as Daniel. She certainly seems to have done a great job supporting him. I am convinced the so called "dislike" of Daniel was made up by the press because they waited so long to get married.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1309767)
I think that the king had nothing against Daniel in person, he just thought that a man with his background (the middle class family) canīt support the crown princess the best possible way at her job. The king and the queen were with Daniel and Victoria at a concert in Borgholm at summer 2003. The king was also seen with his children and their boy-/girlfriends at a karting track driving a friendly karting competition in April 2004.

Karisma 08-30-2011 04:45 PM

Agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by olebabs (Post 1309772)
That seems a bit strange since his own wife came from similar background as Daniel. She certainly seems to have done a great job supporting him. I am convinced the so called "dislike" of Daniel was made up by the press because they waited so long to get married.

I agree and do not think that the Royal couple disliked Daniel. But he did the first school in the very complicated life that was waiting and they wanted to give him and the princess some time. I personally believe that the King by his cousin Margrethe (the Queen of Denmark) has been told how difficult it can be for a man to "walk a step behind his wife." This is something that is also expressed by other royal families. Moreover, I think it was wise that they had time for themselves outside the public spotlight.

Meraude 08-30-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olebabs (Post 1309772)

Even if Silvia is of middle-class background, her education when it comes to languages and her work experiences (for example she was Deputy Head of Protocol for the Winter Games in Innsbruck) made her quite able to take on the role as Queen, while Daniel had very little formal education, and if what the papers have been writing, his knowledge in English wasn't very good. I think that much of the last couple of years have gone into "educating" Daniel to become a suitable royal consort, he have had mentors from different paths of Swedish society and how he is today is quite different from how he was a couple of years ago when it comes to dressing, meeting people and speaking English.

One other reason may also be the fact that Daniel is a Swede, do remember that the king was brought up by a grandfather who had two sons and a nephew who had lost their royal titles because they married Swedish commoners, until not so long ago Swedish royals could not marry commoners, especially not Swedes, without loosing their title.

As for comparing Daniel with other prince consorts, prince Philip was born royal and both prince Claus and prince Henrik had an aristocratic background and had been involved in the diplomatic world, making them more suitable as royal consorts.