The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn and family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Names for Märtha's 3rd baby (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f115/names-for-m-rthas-3rd-baby-16282.html)

Her_Majesty 03-13-2008 07:10 AM

Names for Märtha's 3rd baby

With the news of the Princess Märtha expecting her third child, we can start to speculate about the name of the next Norwegian baby.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ant-16281.html

Enjoy. :flowers:

Her_Majesty 03-13-2008 07:20 AM

I guess it will be an unusual name again... :rolleyes: maybe mixed with some traditional names...

Girl:
Sonja (after Queen Sonja)
Dagny (After Märtha's grandmother)
Louise
Anja (after Ari's sister)
Marianne (after Ari's mother)

Boy:
Olav (after King Olav and Ari's father)
Harald
Haakon (to continue the tradition; after King Haakon)

principessa 03-13-2008 08:42 AM

How about Sonja Marianne? Or Harald Olav?

morhange 03-13-2008 11:54 AM

I hope that it's a boy and they name him Olav :) I didn't know Ari's father's name was Olav, and I think if they do have a boy, this will definitely be his first or middle name!

crm2317 03-13-2008 12:28 PM

Prince Haakon Harald is nice. But Olav would be nice as it comes from both sides of the family

Stefanie 03-13-2008 12:30 PM

I don´t think a boy will get the name of a former Norwegian king. THis IMO has to stay in MM´s and Haakon´s family.

Empress 03-13-2008 12:31 PM

Unfortunately, the nwe Norwegian baby will have no title at all. Neither does either of their other children, so I don't see them breaking with that now.

Her_Majesty 03-13-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefanie (Post 741732)
I don´t think a boy will get the name of a former Norwegian king. THis IMO has to stay in MM´s and Haakon´s family.

Haakon is not only the name of the old King and the future King; but also the name of Sonja's brother. So... one never knows if they'll might chose it as 2nd name. ;)

And then it wouldn't be something new if Märtha and Ari would give their baby the name of a former monarch.
Their first daughter's name is Maud. After Queen Maud of Norway. So... everything's possible. :D

Side2 also started to speculate about the name.
Their suggestion:
- Det blir et kreativt navn - Side2
Victoria 5,00
Olav 6,00
Madeleine 8,00
Alexander 8,00
Kristian 8,00
Sara 9,00
Emma 12,00
Henrik 12,00
Oskar 12,00
William 15,00
Vilde 20,00
Nora 20,00
Maja 20,00
Noah 20,00

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa
How about Sonja Marianne? Or Harald Olav?

Sonja Marianne would be lovely. :rolleyes:

Harald Olav sounds a bit too much. I think the name of one King is enough. ;)

According to Seher.no "Olav" would be a very possible name for a boy.
Hva skal barne hete? - SEHER.NO : Norske kongehus

Turkish Delight 03-13-2008 01:30 PM

Olav for boy.:flowers:
Sonja for girl.:flowers:

Tilda1234 03-13-2008 04:37 PM

Olav Victor and Lola Sarah

Somehow i think they won't take a name, which in very norwegian/traditional skandinavian. Maud is originally english, Angelica is Latin, Leah from the bible, Isadora- i don't know- sounds italian or spanish to me.
I think they will stick to very unusual
names. The firstname will be quite short (like Maud and Leah)

Girls:
Dagny (Sonja's Mum; possible as second name)
Lola (like
Lola Montez, thinking about names similar to Isadora Duncan )
Sarah (like
Sarah Bernhardt)
Eleonora (like
Eleonora Duse)
Sidonie
Fanny
Vivienne
Lale
Pia

Boy:
Victor
Oscar
Olav (like Maud a traditional name)
Skule
Knut

This is my quess: Olav Victor and Lola Sarah.

HMTLove23 03-13-2008 04:42 PM

since she name her daughter Leah after Princess Leah of star wars. What about Luke or Annikan? dont know if I spell that name correct. not a big star wars fan.

LaPlusBelle 03-13-2008 05:45 PM

I think that no matter what they name their child, it will be trend setting yet again. I'm hoping for a baby girl Sonja or a baby boy Anders, though.

crm2317 03-13-2008 06:03 PM

For a boy I like Soren but I think they will chose an unusual name

morhange 03-13-2008 06:13 PM

I think they will name him Olav Mikael. The reason is both their girls names are four letters (Maud and Leah) and Maud's middle name, Angelica, is eight letters, while Leah's, Isadora, is seven. Mikael is six :)

For a girl, I do like Sonja Marianne.

norwegianne 03-13-2008 07:08 PM

I think that put together to form most double names, Sonja is an extraordinarily clumsy name in Norwegian. The same goes with Olav and Dagny. (Dagny is, by the way, not really a name you saddle young children with nowadays. It's the name of a parents/grandparents generation.)

Furthermore, with Leah, they proved that you don't have to name the child after their royal/non-royal ancestors. Märtha and Ari can play a bit more with their children's names than Haakon and Mette-Marit can - which is also why I don't believe they'll end up choosing something like Dagny. Old-fashioned names are in at the moment in Norway, but Dagny is one of those names that hasn't really gone up. Kind of like Bertha.

If they're going for the family connection, Josefine/Josephine might be an option - it's represented on both sides of Märtha's family tree. It also works with Angelica & Isadora.

kyansaunt20 03-13-2008 08:51 PM

Rebecca Renee would be a nice name for a girl....it is something totally different

For a boy: I would pick Daniel (not sure about the middle name)

galatea_12 03-13-2008 09:10 PM

Wow! I didn't know she was pregnant. I hope it's a boy... but it's hard to guess what they would name the new baby. Since this couple loves to play with their kid's names :ermm:

Royal Fan 03-13-2008 09:51 PM

Adolphus Haakon Victor Olav

principessa 03-14-2008 02:12 AM

Dear, Her_Majesty, as I had post my suggestion for the name of the baby, I had thought to connect the names of the babies grandparents. For the boy (I suggested Harald Olav) I have not thought about his great-grandfather, King Olav, I had thougt of Ari's father.

hilal 03-14-2008 09:01 AM

For girl: Sonja, Alexandra
For boy: Olav, Ingmar, Erik, Harald