The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Albert and Princess Charlene (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f153/)
-   -   HSH Prince Albert of Monaco - 50th Birthday (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f153/hsh-prince-albert-of-monaco-50th-birthday-16157.html)

tbhrc 03-04-2008 03:54 AM

HSH Prince Albert of Monaco - 50th Birthday

Friday 14th March 2008

On the occasion of His fiftieth birthday, H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince has decided to invite Monegasques, together with their spouses and children, to the Place du Palais on 14th March 2008.

It follows that all administrative departments and schools will be closed on that day from 11:30 onwards.

The Prince’s Government invites all private sector employers in the Principality to implement all available measures to enable Monegasques and their spouses to take part fully, and as easily as possible, in this day of celebration.

Press release

Glistening Seas 03-04-2008 10:01 AM

Glistening Seas

:ohmy:looks like the palais is going to be very happily crowded place on the 14th. how exciting.:cheers::news::popcorn::rainbow: I hope everyone eats a extra piece of cake for all of us whom cannot make it. ohh and for those whom would like to stow away in PA's luggage for this great event; I'd lay off the extra piece of cake. :lol: it c-o-ul-d make the trip out a bit "snug" tee hee:innocent:

Lakshmi 03-04-2008 05:31 PM

I wonder if prince Albert will invite other royals on his 50th B-day. I remember kings of Norway and Sweden organized official celebrations with royal families invited on their "round" birthdays, other royal heads of states did this in the past too.

lazuli 03-10-2008 05:36 PM

I doubt it Lakshmi. I don't think that the principality has all that status and prestige among the european royals... besides, i think that other monarchies regard monaco as a second rate state, unworthy of their respect and consideration. Just think, how many royals were at prince rainier's funeral...

hibou 03-10-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazuli (Post 740342)
I doubt it Lakshmi. I don't think that the principality has all that status and prestige among the european royals... besides, i think that other monarchies regard monaco as a second rate state, unworthy of their respect and consideration. Just think, how many royals were at prince rainier's funeral...

There were a lot of royals at Rainier's funeral. It was Albert's investiture that the "B" list showed up. There is an invitation extended to all citizens of Monaco and their families to join the Prince for a birthday celebration. Other plans to celebrate are apparently private.

NGalitzine 03-11-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibou (Post 740414)
There were a lot of royals at Rainier's funeral. It was Albert's investiture that the "B" list showed up. There is an invitation extended to all citizens of Monaco and their families to join the Prince for a birthday celebration. Other plans to celebrate are apparently private.

Well actually there was descent representation of royals at the enthronement in November. Crown Princess Victoria probably does not think of herself as B List. You may be thinking of the absence of reigning monarchs at the event but that is the traditional protocol for such events. Reigning monarchs generally do not attend each others enthronement ceremonies. The attendance of the President of Iceland was more of an oddity at such an event.

hibou 03-11-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 740846)
Well actually there was descent representation of royals at the enthronement in November. Crown Princess Victoria probably does not think of herself as B List. You may be thinking of the absence of reigning monarchs at the event but that is the traditional protocol for such events. Reigning monarchs generally do not attend each others enthronement ceremonies. The attendance of the President of Iceland was more of an oddity at such an event.

You are correct of course on the reigning monarch part but I was disappointed in general because it seemed, with the exception of CP Victoria, and the Pres. of Iceland, that the next in line to the thrones were missing. Prince Andrew came instead of Prince Charles for example.

Anyway back on topic, I guess he is trying to make his birthday a "Monaco is my family" atmosphere with the invitation from the palace. I guess we will have to see what they have arranged.

Lakshmi 03-11-2008 09:54 PM

Prince Albert is choosing songs on his B-day :smile:
Radio Today with United Radio..: Prince Albert on Riviera Radio

monaco70s 03-12-2008 01:29 AM

It seems they'll be doing moreless the same type of event like they did back in 1997 for Prince Rainier's 75th birthday.

RADKER18 03-12-2008 01:37 AM

I completely forgot his birthday . I hope he has a great Birthday and hopefully we will get pictures from it

tammy81 03-12-2008 05:41 AM

So, are reporters allowed on the event? I thought they were going to make it reporter free....

Glistening Seas 03-12-2008 11:07 AM

Glistening Seas

:biggrin:a-h-h-h is the entire radio show PA's music??:rofl: well, that's grea-aa-t. how long will the show last? does it only reach those in France or will the rest of Europe be hearing it as well?:innocent::monacostandard::rainbow::popcorn::popcorn::shamrock: didn't anyone notice? there isn't a happy b-day smiley?? how could this beee.?!:shamrock: well this will "have" to "do" :shamrock:

RADKER18 03-13-2008 04:02 PM

Hello has a picture gallery of 50 years of Prince Albert

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

tammy81 03-13-2008 06:00 PM

This is a very nice retrospective....I hope he has a wonderful birthday....I especially liked the first pic...he was such a cute little baby.....:wub:

Glistening Seas 03-13-2008 10:32 PM

Glistening Seas

:cheers:my fav pics is the one of his mom and dad and when he was young in the yacht first time i have seen these. let's hope for a fun parteee day:monacostandard::popcorn::fireworks:

tbhrc 03-14-2008 05:58 AM

Here's a birthday special from Hola:

Alberto de Mónaco cumple 50 años entre interrogantes sobre su futuro

fanletizia 03-14-2008 08:42 AM

Prince Albert II of Monaco waves as he stands with his sister Princess Stephanie (R) near a giant birthday cake as part of the festivities marking his 50th birthday in Monte Carlo March 14, 2008.

Monaco's Royal Family - Yahoo! News Photos

giov 03-14-2008 09:52 AM

Pics from Abaca Press
A giant birthday cake is carried in front of Prince Albert II of Monaco for his 50th Birthday celebration in Monte-Carlo, Monaco on March 14, 2008.
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

monacoeye 03-14-2008 10:39 AM

I've just been up to the Place du Palais Princier - unfortunately they weren't letting in non-Monegasques :( Still, they had a nice sunny day for their celebrations.

RADKER18 03-14-2008 11:35 AM

Gallery from IBL