The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Danish Crown Princely Family Visit to Australia; August-September 2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/danish-crown-princely-family-visit-to-australia-august-september-2008-a-16087.html)

Princess Robijn 02-28-2008 01:14 PM

Danish Crown Princely Family Visit to Australia; August-September 2008

TRH the Crown Prince and Crown Princess, HRH Prince Christian and HRH Princess Isabella will visit Tasmania, Australia, August 2008.

(Source: Billed Bladet No. 9)!

dazzling 02-28-2008 01:30 PM

August? thats a long way. I thought it would be sometime soon, before or just after Joachims wedding.
Thanks for the update.

RachelD 02-28-2008 03:12 PM

Oh wow! Can't wait to see them in Australia! Those will be some awesome pictures!!

Amelia 02-28-2008 03:14 PM

I wonder if they are waiting till August for the Olympics, if they are going to be in China it would be very easy to go from there to Tasmania.

UserDane 02-28-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelia (Post 735254)
I wonder if they are waiting till August for the Olympics, if they are going to be in China it would be very easy to go from there to Tasmania.

Sounds plausible Amelia.
Do we know whether Mary will accompany Frederik to the olympics? Or will she perhaps spend some more time with her relatives in Australia.

Amelia 02-28-2008 04:35 PM

I guess that she could do both. Stay at the olympics for a while and then head to Tasmania. Might be hard, however, with two small children!

TLLK 02-28-2008 04:38 PM

Is this a private visit or will the CP couple tack on a few duties while in Australia?

marmi 02-28-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 735319)
Is this a private visit or will the CP couple tack on a few duties while in Australia?

I would say that given that the source is Billed Bladet, it will likely be a private visit, with perhaps another photo opportunity like the one at the wildlife park.
I would love another official visit though. :flowers:

Amelia 02-28-2008 05:02 PM

Isn't it a bit soon for another official visit. I know that Mary was born in Australia but really they have no offical ties like the British Royal family. Maybe in a few years they could do another one but I don't think they should just yet!

norwegianne 02-28-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserDane (Post 735313)
Sounds plausible Amelia.
Do we know whether Mary will accompany Frederik to the olympics? Or will she perhaps spend some more time with her relatives in Australia.

Billedbladet states that Mary (and then I suppose the children will also be in the vicinity) will want to be at the games when they open, but won't stay for the whole run. She'll (again, according to Billedbladet) leave Frederik in China, and go to Australia alone with the children a week before Frederik joins them. . :flowers:

Australian 02-28-2008 10:50 PM

Is Billedbladet a reliable source? I look forward to this visit, I can't seem to find any news of it in any Aussie sources, perhaps they are not informed yet. I don't think it will be a state visit, it is too soon,i think its more a personal visit for Mary to show her brood to her Australian relatives.

Drottning 02-28-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Australian (Post 735441)
Is Billedbladet a reliable source? I look forward to this visit, I can't seem to find any news of it in any Aussie sources, perhaps they are not informed yet. I don't think it will be a state visit, it is too soon,i think its more a personal visit for Mary to show her brood to her Australian relatives.

I think so, too. A state visit would be a bit much. I am sure she misses seeing her family. I would.

Mandy 06-25-2008 10:01 PM

Here's a news update I received from our member marmi.
Quote:

Source: The Mercury (Mary confirms Tassie trip) (found via Danish Royal Watchers)

Quote:

"We do have our plans this year to come to Australia," she told News Ltd while visiting London.

"I can't wait. It's been quite some time since we've been back in Australia."

The family is expected to travel to Tasmania shortly after the Beijing Olympics in August, eight years after Mary and Frederick met during Sydney's games.
Also, while it doesn't really add anything, further to speculation in the thread:

Quote:

The princess declined to say whether the trip to Australia would include public engagements:

"That's something I can't make any comment on right now," she said.
marmi :flowers:

Mandy 07-20-2008 01:36 AM

Update from Madame Royale

Quote:

DANISH royal couple Princess Mary and Prince Frederik will be in Melbourne next month to attend a private dinner.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...98-661,00.html

Source: Herald Sun.com.au

Mandy 08-10-2008 03:51 PM

Update from Madame Royale

Quote:

The Crown Princess is a confirmed guest at the September 3 launch of the St Vincent's Research and Biotechnology Precinct, in Liverpool Street, Darlinghurst.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...139162882.html

Source: Sydney Morning Herald

UserDane 08-18-2008 02:48 AM

Thank you Mitchell :flowers: - you are so good at picking up pictures. I wasn't even aware that they had already left for Australia. Lots of travelling for Mary in a single week.

Ccile 08-18-2008 03:59 AM

great news!!

Hope we'll be able to see more pics for these holidays even if it's private!!lol

Regina 08-18-2008 09:32 AM

Wow, I can't wait to see pics of Princess Mary and the children in Australia! We got so beautiful pictures last time they were in Australia :smile:
It would be great if they organize some photo session.

grevinnan 08-18-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchell (Post 812866)
The Mercury
Mary in Australia
Princess Mary arrives in Hobart | Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania
All the best Mitchell

On the same page is "Mary's Bridesmaid bares all" - Amber still makes the news.

sgl 08-18-2008 11:56 AM

Christian looks like he is having fun while running around and playing in the playhouse. I can't wait to see more photos.