The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Astrid, Archduke Lorenz and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f124/)
-   -   P. Maria Laura, P. Joachim, P. Luisa Maria and P. Laetitia Maria FAQ (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f124/p-maria-laura-p-joachim-p-luisa-maria-and-p-laetitia-maria-faq-16016.html)

LadyK 02-24-2008 10:04 AM

P. Maria Laura, P. Joachim, P. Luisa Maria and P. Laetitia Maria FAQ

Welcome to the thread about frequently asked questions (FAQ) about
Princess Maria Laura, Prince Joachim, Princess Luisa Maria and Princess Laetitia Maria.

Before posting please note the following

1) Check of your question has been answered before
2) Respect the royals' privacy
3) Respect the Rules of TRF
4) Avoid empty posts, they will be deleted without notice
5) Have fun and enjoy this thread

LadyK 02-24-2008 10:06 AM

Princess Maria Laura

Full Name: Maria Laura Zita Beatrix Gerhard

Date and Location of Birth: August 26, 1988 at Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc, Woluwe-St-Lambert, Belgium

Hair Color: blond

Eye Color: blue

Parents: Prince Lorenz, Archduke of Austria-Este and Princess Astrid of Belgium

Siblings: Prince Amedeo, Prince Joachim, Princess Luisa Maria, Princess Laetitia Maria

Titles: Princess of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este, Princess Imperial of Austria, Princess Royal of Hungary and Bohemia, Princess of Modena

Position in line to Belgian Succession: Eighth in line to the Belgian throne, behind her brother, Prince Amedeo, her mother Princess Astrid and Crown Prince Philippe and his children.

Education: She did her elementary and most of her secondary school at Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege (Brussels, Belgium). The last two years of secondary school she did at Saint John's International School (Waterloo, Belgium). She started her higher education at the School of Oriental and African Studies, London (2006-2008), in which time she also spent 8 months in China. She is currently studying at the Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales (INALCO), Paris (2008 to date)

Religion: Catholic

Astrological Sign: Virgo

Any Known likes or dislikes: very interested in Fashion and Eastern languages

Royal Duties, Patronages, etc: none

LadyK 02-24-2008 10:08 AM

Prince Joachim

Full Name: Joachim Carl Maria Nikolaus Isabelle Marcus d'Aviano

Date and Location of Birth: December 9, 1991 at the Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc, Woluwe-St-Lambert, Belgium

Parents: Prince Lorenz, Archduke of Austria-Este and Princess Astrid of Belgium

Siblings: Prince Amedeo, Princess Maria Laura, Princess Luisa Maria, Princess Laetitia Maria

Titles: Prince of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este, Prince Imperial of Austria, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia, Prince of Modena

Position in line to Belgian Succession: Ninth, behind his mother, his sister Maria Laura and brother Amedeo, and Crown Prince Philippe and his children

Education: Kindergarten, Elementary School and part of his Secondary Education at Sint Jan Berchmans College, Brussels.
He is finishing his secondary education in the UK, like his brother.

Astrological Sign: Saggitarius

Any Known likes or dislikes: fond of motorised vehicles like motor cycles, quads, etc.

LadyK 02-24-2008 10:08 AM

Princess Luisa Maria

Full Name: Luisa Maria Anna Martine Pilar

Date and Location of Birth: October 11, 1995, at Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc, Woluwe-St-Lambert, Belgium

Parents: Prince Lorenz, Archduke of Austria-Este, and Princess Astrid of Belgium

Siblings: Prince Amedeo, Princess Maria Laura, Prince Joachim, Princess Laetitia Maria

Titles: Princess of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este, Princess Imperial of Austria, Princess Royal of Hungary and Bohemia, Princess of Modena

Position in line to Belgian Succession: Tenth, after her siblings, her mother, her uncle Philippe and his children.

Education: Kindergarten, Elementary School and Secondary education at Sint Jan Berchmanscollege, Brussels, from 1998 to date.

Astrological Sign: Libra

Any Known likes or dislikes: none

LadyK 02-24-2008 10:09 AM

Princess Laetitia Maria

Full Name: Laetitia Maria Nora Anna Joachim Zita

Date and Location of Birth: April 23, 2003, at Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc, Woluwe-St-Lambert, Belgium

Hair Color: brown

Eye Color: brown

Parents: Prince Lorenz, Archduke of Austria-Este, and Princess Astrid of Belgium

Siblings: Prince Amedeo, Princess Maria Laura, Prince Joachim, Princess Luisa Maria

Titles: Princess of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este, Princess of Imperial Austria, Princess Royal of Hungary and Bohemia, Princess of Modena

Position in line to Belgian Succession: Eleventh, behind her siblings, her mother, her uncle Crown Prince Philippe and his children.

Education: Kindergarten at Sint Jan Berchmans College (Brussels, Belgium) (2005 to date)

Astrological Sign: Taurus

Any Known likes or dislikes: none

Shikha Pal 12-21-2008 09:00 AM

Does any one know their heights?

LadyLeana 12-21-2008 12:58 PM

Since the youngest two are not yet fullgrown, we decided not to put this info in the FAQ posts. Have you checked this thread? I believe Joachim & Maria Laura are about as tall as Amedeo (give or take a few inches).

sgl 12-21-2008 02:44 PM

This is a silly question, but how tall is Amedeo? Maria Laura has always appeared to be quite tall in photos.

LadyLeana 12-22-2008 12:14 PM

Well, he has his own FAQ where it says he is about 6'1"-6'3".

Shikha Pal 12-25-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 870311)
Maria Laura has always appeared to be quite tall in photos.

She may be wearing heels.

Shikha Pal 12-30-2008 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 870311)
This is a silly question, but how tall is Amedeo?.

People say that he is between 6ft 1 and 6ft 3, but i think he is 6ft 5.

Rihga 02-12-2009 04:02 PM

6 ft. 5 inches seems kind of tall for him. I think he is more between 6 ft 1 inches and 6 ft 3 inches.

Eloise 07-01-2009 10:52 PM

why Joachim and Amadeo have the same "Marcus D'Aviano" name, what this means?

MAfan 07-02-2009 03:30 AM

This is a name often used in Habsburg Family.

amedea 07-02-2009 05:07 AM

Marcus d'Aviano is a saint and a monk who had an important role at the court of emperor Leopold I and is quite famous in Austria. I think that the blessed emperor Charles I had a strong devotion towards him and gave that name to his sons, an habit followed by many of his descendant

aliocha 09-05-2009 02:42 PM

Is Joachim going to go to the military royal school of Brussels, this year?

Tilla 09-05-2009 04:46 PM

I am wondering why the princes have partly also feminine names and the princesses also male christian names. Why this? What is the origin of this tradition?

amedea 09-06-2009 05:44 AM

I guess that's because they have also the names of their godfathers, of both sexes

Tilla 09-06-2009 07:38 AM

Oh, if it is so, then I must say: what a lovely idea, quite extraordinary, to get also the christian names of the godfathers and godmothers. Thank you for this information.http://www.theroyalforums.com/ugala/...cons/icon7.gif

MAfan 09-06-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilla (Post 987953)
I am wondering why the princes have partly also feminine names and the princesses also male christian names. Why this? What is the origin of this tradition?

A lot of female descendants of Emperor Karl and Empress Zita have a male name, Markus/Marcus d'Aviano; moreover, and this happens in a lot of Families, both men and women have the name Maria/Marie, a female name used for both men and women; I remind Neipperg Family (the family of Archduchess Andrea of Austria), where all the members have MAria as first name (the husband of Archduchess Andrea is Maria Karl Eugen, and their children are Maria Philipp, Maria Benedikt, Maria Domonik, Maria Hemma and Maria Katharina).
So in Habsburg Family it is not unusual to use male names for women and female names for men.

Tilla 09-06-2009 09:53 AM

Yes, MAfan, this is very interesting, and it seems to me that in this family it is custom, to transmit to all children the first christian name of their father. All this reminds me also of the great poet Rainer MARIA Rilke...."Die Blätter fallen, fallen wie von weit, als welkten in den Himmeln ferne Gärten......"

MAfan 09-06-2009 10:04 AM

hmm...can you translate, please?

Shikha Pal 11-13-2009 05:16 AM

Is it true that Prince Joachim studies in Malvern Collage?, I am asking because I read it on wikipedia.

Tilla 11-13-2009 05:27 PM

MAfan, do you mean the poem of Rainer Maria Rilke? Let me try: "The leaves are falling, falling as from far, as if above in heaven were fading distant gardens......"...........

MAfan 11-13-2009 05:34 PM

Yes, Tilla, I was meaning the poem...my German is not so good...
Btw, thanks!

Tilla 11-13-2009 05:38 PM

You are welcome, you should read the whole poem, even if you do not understand all the german, because the poem is beautiful.

sno123 07-20-2010 08:31 PM

It seems as if Prince Joachim hasn't been in the news or photographed for a while.
Does anyone know if he has a girlfriend or what he has been up to lately?

Lumutqueen 07-21-2010 04:07 AM

From what I can find, he's at Malvern College in England. It's a beautiful place. I don't know if he has a girlfriend, I can think that he does.

Comte de Hainaut 07-22-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sno123 (Post 1114549)
It seems as if Prince Joachim hasn't been in the news or photographed for a while.

HIRH attended the Military parade yesterday, National Day. Just behind his father : Picture details (It is the only picture I found).

And last june he was pictured going to vote with his parents and sister. It was mentioned here.

It seems Prince Amedeo hasn't been in the news or photographed for a while !

stephanievl 07-22-2010 04:19 PM

Some older pics

Princess Astrid and her youngest daughter
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/1947/previewsfi.jpg

Prince Joachim
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4240/3186981.jpg

Family picture of 2002
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2286/907991.jpg

Princess Maria-Laura, Princess Laeticia-Maria, Princess Louisa-Maria and Prince Joachim
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7528/3710721.jpg

Prince Amedeo
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5493/3880805.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9489/3880853.jpg
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2317/3880884.jpg
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8702/3880889.jpg

Shikha Pal 07-25-2010 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comte de Hainaut (Post 1115467)
HIRH attended the Military parade yesterday, National Day. Just behind his father : Picture details (It is the only picture I found).

And last june he was pictured going to vote with his parents and sister. It was mentioned here.

It seems Prince Amedeo hasn't been in the news or photographed for a while !

I think they haven't photographed Amedeo since about 1 year!, I think he is busy working :)

sno123 07-25-2010 07:57 PM

thanks for all the help! I agree, Prince Amedo hasn't been in the news lately either! Prince Joachim's last year of school at Malvern should've been last year (if I'm right), think he will join a military school like his brother?

aliocha 08-28-2010 01:18 PM

Do you know if princess Maria Laura pursues her studies of sinology? Will prince Joachim enter the school royal military? In what class are princess Luisa Maria and Leatitia Maria?

Shikha Pal 11-23-2010 02:25 AM

Someone created a blog about Princess Maria Laura : The Exiled Belgian Royalist: La princesse Maria-Laura de Belgique

xolfxo 07-12-2011 05:03 AM

Princess Maria-Laura of Belgium a boyfriend

Princess Maria-Laura of Belgium a boyfriend
who has she dated in the past is it possible that she has dated out of her race
who has she been known to be intrested in

Marengo 07-12-2011 07:52 AM

Considering the marriage statistics of the Belgian nobility I would be surprised if she would end up with a non-catholic and/or a non-noble person. But not much is known about her private life (as is the case for her silings).

Biri 07-12-2011 08:40 AM

And Amedeo has a girlfriend?

IloveCP 11-14-2011 08:59 PM

Does anyone know if they all speak english?

Shikha Pal 11-14-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1337378)
Does anyone know if they all speak english?

They do!, Prince Amedeo studied in Sevenoaks school in England. He studied in LSE. Now he lives in New York City working with Deloitte

Princess Maria Laura studied in a International school in Brussels, She also studied in SOAS in London, She spent one year in China. She also lives in New york city, she is an intern with United Nations/UNICEF

Prince Joachim studied in Malvern College which is in England.

Princess Luisa Maria studies in Sevenoaks school which is in England.

Princess Laetitia Maria is just 8 years old living with her parents in Brussels. She goes to a Dutch speaking school (the same school which her cousins Elisabeth, Gabriel, Emmanuel and Eleonore go to).

So, I am very sure that four of them (not sure about Laetitia Maria!) do speak english!

IloveCP 11-14-2011 10:53 PM

Thanks Shikha.

Im pretty sure Laetita will speak english someday!

stephanievl 11-15-2011 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1337396)
Thanks Shikha.

Im pretty sure Laetita will speak english someday!

She will for sure also study in England in some years just as all her brothers and sisters.

Blue_ 11-15-2011 06:42 AM

They are speaking French, Dutch, German (their father is an Habsburg and it's the 3th official language of Belgium so it's teached in school), English, Italian (both grandmothers are Italian) Amadeo speaks also Spanish and Maria-Laura Chinese...

WAW :flowers:

Shikha Pal 11-15-2011 08:34 AM

of course. I am guessing that she may already be knowing english!

Blue_ 11-15-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikha Pal (Post 1337540)
of course. I am guessing that she may already be knowing english!

I don't think so, she's too young. I think she follows the normal way of things and only will learn it when she's 12.

*Mara* 11-19-2011 07:33 AM

I bet she already speaks English. Her cousin Elisabeth was able to read Enid Blyton books in English at the age of 9 and she and her siblings have a nanny/au pair who talks English to them. I’m pretty sure there is a similar arrangement for Laetitia and she already talks English too.

stephanievl 07-28-2013 02:42 PM

Lovely pic of Astrid's oldest daughters
http://i42.tinypic.com/214upmx.jpg

crm2317 07-28-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanievl (Post 1583131)
Lovely pic of Astrid's oldest daughters
http://i42.tinypic.com/214upmx.jpg

Beautiful thanks for sharing. Luisa Maria has really grown up since I last saw her.

aliocha 09-18-2013 04:57 AM

Does anyone know what studies Prince Joachim and Princess Luisa Maria do this year?

Thank you.

jazmin 12-06-2013 11:23 PM

do you know if amadeo continue living in new york?

Blue_ 12-07-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliocha (Post 1600527)
Does anyone know what studies Prince Joachim and Princess Luisa Maria do this year?

Thank you.

I guess Prince Joachim continues his studies in Milan
I don't know about Luisa Maria

Blue_ 12-07-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazmin (Post 1624076)
do you know if amadeo continue living in new york?

There's a special thread for Amedeo, but to answer your question: yes, he still do live there :-)

Blue_ 12-09-2013 03:06 AM

Nieuwsblad published an article here about the daughter of princess Astrid having facebook. You cannot read the article online but it explains everything on the pictures, give their usernames on Facebook and explain how stupid they are because they have pictures of them on their Facebook account.

Ridiculous and makes me want to throw up, don't they have the right to live their own life? I'm not even sure this is legal.

Marengo 12-09-2013 03:49 AM

It is a very odd article indeed, I am not sure if you can publish pictures from somebody's private facebook account either, though privacy and facebook usually don't go very well together.

In any case, I am quite sure they will change their settings soon.

Peapod 02-20-2014 06:40 AM

Princess Luisa Maria of Belgium

Does anyone know where Luisa will go to college? Maybe to an Ivy League school in America?

Olyashka 04-09-2015 04:16 AM

Joachim looks like both his mother and father equally combined, but when I recently saw a photo of his great grandfather, King Leopold III (on the picture comparison I made), I can't help but think he resembles him a lot, too.
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...pssfu1yrcq.jpg
(I don't own the photos: Credits to their owners)
Curly blonde hair, blue eyes, the pointed-ness of nose... (if only we have an authentic colored photo of Leopold III...)
The more Joachim grows older, I think, he will resemble King Leopold III more and more.

Olyashka 04-09-2015 10:22 AM

I have died scrolling down and reading the entire 39 pages of the thread for Royal Heights and the only reasonable answer I got is … if Prince Amedeo is 187 cm (courtesy of Blue_, thanks^^), from pictures I could assume that Joachim is 3-4cm shorter, so presumably, he is between 183-184 cm (6'0..)

From the engagement photo of Amedeo and Lili with the siblings, Maria Laura and Luisa Maria, I presume, have the same height with no heels (or maybe Luisa is 1-2 centimeters smaller; that difference is too subtle that's why they appear to me as same height). With Amedeo as basis, I can assume their height is between 174-175 cm (or if Luisa is indeed smaller, she might be 172-173 cm). (In American: 5'7.. - 5'8...) Very tall women!
As for Laetitia Maria, I'm not so sure how to estimate her height. I'd like to think she is between 150 cm (yay, my height :S) to 153 cm.
(Please Laetitia, be smaller than what I think so that I won't look like Joachim's god-child~~)
Forgive me if I'm saying nonsense. Thanks for understanding : )

Olyashka 04-21-2015 03:57 AM

Wow, Bocconi University is not something to be taken for granted. I just read about it in Wikipedia. It surprised me that it's considered to be among the top 10 business schools in Europe in 2013 by the Financial Time's European Business School Rankings , and among the 25 best educational institutions around the world in fields of Economics, Finance, etc. according to QS World University Rankings.

The most important things I learned there, however, are Joachim's course (Bachelor in Int'l Economics, Mg't. and Finance) is the only course in the Economics field purely taught in English.
Lastly, it is a 3-year course. Since Joachim started in September 2011, I am hoping this June 2015, we'll be seeing him wearing a black toga.

I badly want to see him again. He didn't appear on the Belgian National Day last year, and the last time he ever got photographed was on Queen Fabiola's funeral church service. As his fan, I terribly miss him though I already know my life will be like this.

I hope he studies hard. I pray he won't fail any subject. God bless him~~

Blog Real 11-06-2016 07:40 AM

https://www.facebook.com/BeMonarchie...57294651200834

Hannelore 04-29-2017 04:27 AM

One day, you wake up and your youngest child is all grown up :smile:

Luisa & Laetitia - do you recognize her? https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zvpTy5wCy...s1600/0000.jpg

Laetitia is 14. She's a boarder at Sevenoaks, near London. Luisa is 22 and studying in at McGill Uni in Montréal, Canada.

Shikha Pal 04-29-2017 04:37 AM

Wow!. They both look gorgeous!. Princess Laetitia has grown tall!

Blog Real 04-29-2017 06:08 AM

Princess Laetitia is very grown up.

Eleanor90 07-04-2017 02:57 PM

Looks like Joachim has a girlfriend :smile:

https://twitter.com/kimposth/status/882245312903098368