The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/)
-   -   Diana at Home (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/diana-at-home-1590.html)

oospoiled1 12-29-2003 08:40 PM

Diana at Home
 
Does anyone remember which street Diana's flat was on (her flat where she lived before marrying Charles)?

*Ashley*

kelly9480 12-29-2003 08:56 PM

60 Coleherne Court was the building.

Lady Jean 12-31-2003 10:59 AM

60 Coleherne is a red brick building. Diana's flat was on the corner of Old Brompton Road and the Little Boltons. The Countess of Wessex also lived in the building for a short time before she was married.

If you are really curious about the apartment layout or building, there are a few real estate websites which currently have apartments at Coleherne for rent or purchase. I looked at www.foxtons.co.uk and www.findaproperty.co.uk today and found listings for it.

Lady Jean 01-27-2004 01:23 PM

There are some good photos of Diana near her flat in the "Pictures of Diana Before Her Marriage" thread:
Page 6, wearing green sweater
Page 5, 10/20 post by jun5 - black and white photo
Page 4, 10/17 post by jun5, white high neck blouse w/cardigan

sara1981 01-27-2004 06:07 PM

i had no idea Sophie lived Diana's old apartment? how long Sophie lived apartment before she marriage? :huh:

do you have pictures of Sophie live her apartment what years.

Sara Boyce

sara1981 01-27-2004 06:26 PM

i cant find Diana's old apartment! i would kill you,ladyjean! for trick me! i would hardly search in websites!

Sara Boyce

Lady Jean 01-29-2004 11:20 AM

Sophie Rhys-Jones leaves her Coleherne Court flat, May 12, 1997:
go to www.corbis.com, search for photos 0000328490-001
0000328490-002
0000328490-004
0000328490-005
She is wearing an aqua knit blazer. One of these photos appears in a book, title is something like "Sophie, a royal wedding souvenir."

----

I am only trying to be helpful w/this information. I don't deserve phrases like I should be killed. If anyone has better information please post it.

Lady Jean 01-29-2004 11:42 AM

Today at www.foxtons.co.uk is at least one listing for an apt. at Coleherne Court. (I would type the full address but it is too long.)

Once into website, choose "A-Z Search", click on 'Earl's Court', at page 5 is a listing for an Old Brompton Road flat, Earls Court, SW5 for 630,000. Go to "Read more" and you will see more photos including one of the exterior.

Diana had a three bedroom apt. This particular one is also three bedroom, and it shows the floor plan, so it is interesting for us die-hard Diana fans to see.

CathyEarnshaw 01-29-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sara1981@Jan 27th, 2004 - 5:07 pm
i had no idea Sophie lived Diana's old apartment? how long Sophie lived apartment before she marriage? :huh:

do you have pictures of Sophie live her apartment what years.

Sara Boyce

Sara,

Sophie did not live in the same flat. Diana owned her flat - and charged her roomies rent (the flat was later sold.)

Colherne Court is a large area of flats .. I believe Sophie lived in another flat in the same area.

Lady Jean 01-29-2004 01:48 PM

Coleherne Court is an apartment block - one huge apartment building. If you look at the photos I suggested above, you see both royal ladies at the same style front door that Coleherne Court has.

I remember when it was learned Sophie lived there, it was perplexing because she has always said she didn't want to be compared to Diana, but the one apartment building she chooses to live in, is this famous one!

Lady Jean 02-03-2004 01:07 PM

- no post -

CathyEarnshaw 02-03-2004 01:11 PM

Pure coicidence. Lots of famous people have lived in Colherne Court. A good friend of mine still lives there.

Josefine 12-02-2005 12:35 PM

is there any photos from the apartment

Lady Jean 12-02-2005 12:49 PM

Do mean photos of Diana in the apartment? I have never seen one. There is a photo of her roommates posing in it by a piano, taken after the engagement was announced.

CasiraghiTrio 12-07-2005 01:52 AM

According to Andrew Morton's book, Diana bought the apartment in Coleherne Court with the money she inherited from her ??great-grandmother?? Fanny Works, right?
I was watch WE last weekend and they replayed that old cheesy dramatization "Diana: Her True Story". there was a scene in which the Diana role said her parents bought it for her. I was like, What?! NO!!! She bought it herself with money she inherited, right?!:confused:

maryshawn 12-26-2005 08:28 PM

That drama is so cheezy!!!!!! I totally agree!

Diana did indeed use money left to her from her grandmother to buy the flat, had three roommates who paid rent. From descriptions in Diana bios, it was quite modest with three bedrooms and 1 bathroom but always impeccably clean as Diana was a stickler for cleanliness. A year ago, EBAY had a sofa for sale from the flat. It was well-worn and I don't recall what it sold for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
According to Andrew Morton's book, Diana bought the apartment in Coleherne Court with the money she inherited from her ??great-grandmother?? Fanny Works, right?
I was watch WE last weekend and they replayed that old cheesy dramatization "Diana: Her True Story". there was a scene in which the Diana role said her parents bought it for her. I was like, What?! NO!!! She bought it herself with money she inherited, right?!:confused:


adelgal_36 12-30-2005 03:20 AM

in 1998 when visiting london i went and had a look around the area where diana lived before her marriage and especially to look at coleherne court and stand on the pavement areas she walked when coming out of the flat to be greeted by the media/press every morning during the courtship. i did feel particularly sad as it was only a few months after her death. i took a few lovely photos of the flat and surrounding areas. i will place them on the forum if anyone is interested in having a look.

CasiraghiTrio 12-30-2005 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryshawn
That drama is so cheezy!!!!!! I totally agree!

Diana did indeed use money left to her from her grandmother to buy the flat, had three roommates who paid rent. From descriptions in Diana bios, it was quite modest with three bedrooms and 1 bathroom but always impeccably clean as Diana was a stickler for cleanliness. A year ago, EBAY had a sofa for sale from the flat. It was well-worn and I don't recall what it sold for.

on second thought, I think I recall it was her great-grandmother who left her that money. Fanny Works, the American heiress?

maryshawn 12-31-2005 02:08 PM

I checked--and you are right! The money was from her inheritance from Fanny Works--who it seems was quite a character and a lovely, interesting person!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
on second thought, I think I recall it was her great-grandmother who left her that money. Fanny Works, the American heiress?


maryshawn 12-31-2005 02:10 PM

You are so lucky to have had the chance to go there--and, yes, if you could, I know I would love to see the photos. In all I've seen, it's hard to make out the building as they're of Diana rushing out or in with a pack of photographers around her! Thank you!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adelgal_36
in 1998 when visiting london i went and had a look around the area where diana lived before her marriage and especially to look at coleherne court and stand on the pavement areas she walked when coming out of the flat to be greeted by the media/press every morning during the courtship. i did feel particularly sad as it was only a few months after her death. i took a few lovely photos of the flat and surrounding areas. i will place them on the forum if anyone is interested in having a look.



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises