The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Families of France (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f76/)
-   -   Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans, Diana, Dss of Cadaval and Family: Feb 2008- (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f76/prince-charles-philippe-dorl-ans-diana-dss-of-cadaval-and-family-feb-2008-a-15898.html)

jonc93 08-18-2011 01:23 AM

I have a feeling this couple may not be able to have children, because it's been 3 years and no pregnancy and Diana is only getting older...

Sancia 08-18-2011 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonc93 (Post 1304408)
I have a feeling this couple may not be able to have children, because it's been 3 years and no pregnancy and Diana is only getting older...

She is only 33. It is not too old to get pregnant.

jonc93 08-19-2011 12:42 AM

I know it's not too old, but realistically if she wants a kid she doesn't have many more years to go!

julliette 08-19-2011 12:06 PM

Yeah, this seems to be the right time for them to start to have children. And they definetely want to have children, they've said that before.

Lenora 08-19-2011 12:18 PM

When did they get married?

Sancia 08-19-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julliette (Post 1305064)
Yeah, this seems to be the right time for them to start to have children. And they definetely want to have children, they've said that before.

Between "trying to have children" and "starting to have children", there is definitely a gap. This is a very untactful remark from you because you know nothing about them.

jonc93 08-19-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sancia (Post 1305078)
Between "trying to have children" and "starting to have children", there is definitely a gap. This is a very untactful remark from you because you know nothing about them.

Well if we could only write things about royals we knew a lot about then this board would be shut down because almost none of us know any royals personally!

And Lenora they were married June 21st 2008, in Portugal.

Sancia 08-19-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonc93 (Post 1305185)
Well if we could only write things about royals we knew a lot about then this board would be shut down because almost none of us know any royals personally!

And Lenora they were married June 21st 2008, in Portugal.

It is a rather insensitive commentary because you don't know if they are not trying to become parents. Just imagine you say to a couple who is trying for long to have baby it is the right time to start to have children. It would be very painful for you. If you don't know why a couple who is married for a long time has no children, it is better not to speculate on these matters. Saying something like you said is a lack of tact, even for royal watchers who like to speculate on this or that.

jonc93 08-19-2011 04:18 PM

I never said I didn't think they were trying to be parents, because they said many times they do I was wondering if they were able to have children....

Warren 08-20-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonc93 (Post 1305202)
...I was wondering if they were able to have children....

You're missing the point entirely. What purpose can be served by writing in an open forum "I wonder if they are able to have children?" Do you expect someone close to the couple who knows their personal circumstances to give you an answer? If you are posing a rhetorical question you are doing no more than thinking out aloud. Again, for what purpose? Do you openly question childless family members, friends or strangers about their apparent lack of fertility, or ask a women if she has miscarried recently, and if so, how many failed pregnancies she's had?

Yes, we are a discussion forum but there's no meaningful "discussion" in asking what are in effect highly sensitive, personal and private questions where you know from the outset that you won't receive an answer. Poor Crown Princess Masako became a shadow of her once vibrant self because of pressure to conceive; I'm sure there are members of this Forum who have a very good understanding of the intense pain and sadness the inability to create a family can bring.

Open speculation and empty questions about such matters will not provide answers or make a constructive discussion. Such an approach also lacks tact, sensitivity and awareness. Returning to the topic, the Duke and Duchess of Anjou have been married for a little over three years and at present have no living issue. Let's just leave it at that.

principessa 08-20-2011 02:50 PM

It can also be that they will wait until have explored the world they wanted to explore before starting a family with children!

Sancia 08-30-2011 06:06 AM

Very happy news from Point de Vue's cover: they are expecting their first child!

Biri 08-30-2011 07:59 AM

Congrats!
When is Diana due to give birth?

principessa 08-30-2011 08:19 AM

According to Ioicia at Nobiliana the baby is expected in February 2012.

Wow, what a babyboom in the first three months in 2012.

Lenora 08-30-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1310109)
According to Ioicia at Nobiliana the baby is expected in February 2012.

Wow, what a babyboom in the first three months in 2012.

Great!The baby boom has started,I am happy for them,especially after all these speculations about infertility!

rominet09 08-30-2011 08:53 AM

Happy for them....

Iva 08-30-2011 09:28 AM

Oh that's great news, that's 4th royal baby on a way in last 2 weeks. :) Realy a new royal baby boom.

kathia_sophia 08-30-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1310123)
According to the cover of Point de Vue are Prince Charles-Philippe and Princess Diana of Orleans (Duke and Duchess of Anjou) expecting their first child, and according to Ioicia at Nobiliana the baby is expected in February 2012.

i was expecting a announcement from them long ago! they married in 2008, and now the baby will be born on 2012.
4 years being just a couple is great, they could enjoy themselfs more, but i was a bit anxious, because in royal life, after 1st or 2nd year after the wedding, a baby is born!

fancatt 08-30-2011 06:01 PM

From the portuguese magazine CARAS: caras

And from them web page: http://www.ducdanjou.com/

I'm very happy for them too :)

antonieta 08-31-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancatt (Post 1310379)
From the portuguese magazine CARAS: caras

And from them web page: http://www.ducdanjou.com/

I'm very happy for them too :)

I was just to wright about the caras publication myself when i see your post.
Congratulations to the couple.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises