The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Families of France (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f76/)
-   -   Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans, Diana, Dss of Cadaval and Family: Feb 2008- (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f76/prince-charles-philippe-dorl-ans-diana-dss-of-cadaval-and-family-feb-2008-a-15898.html)

ysbel 02-16-2008 09:35 AM

Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans, Diana, Dss of Cadaval and Family: Feb 2008-

This thread is to discuss the current events of Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orleans, duc d'Anjou and Diana, Duchess of Cadaval.

Regina 03-22-2008 04:21 PM

The couple on the presentation of Louis Vitton's new collection, in Oporto.

(Caras magazine, pics scanned by me)

The Duchess is always with a huge smile. Imo, she is a very nice and elegant person. I always love her jewelry. Sadly her earrings are not clear in the pics. The ring seems beautiful!

BurberryBrit 04-24-2008 05:39 PM

Charles Philippe and his fiance were at the Versailles-Giverny Foundation dinner. Here's the link: A Royal Evening | New York Social Diary

Here's a pic: http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/i/...y/CIMG5152.jpg

Moonmaiden23 04-25-2008 09:45 PM

I love these two. I have read some criticism of them on other Forums, particularly the Prince. But this criticism is never borne out by the interviews and articles I read about him. He appears idealistic, romantic and kind. And yes very well aware of and very proud of his Orleans lineage. But there is not a thing wrong with that, in my opinion.

I can't wait for the wedding!

Alison20 04-25-2008 10:13 PM

I must say that I find them a very sympathetic and good-looking couple.

I am looking forward to hearing a lot about their up-coming wedding, and wish them well for the future.

Marengo 04-26-2008 09:01 AM

Wasn't he in some shady business with orders and such, and even arrested for a while by the police? Much to the joy of the legetimists of course, who support the other duke of Anjou.

Regina 04-26-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurberryBrit (Post 758252)
Charles Philippe and his fiance were at the Versailles-Giverny Foundation dinner. Here's the link: A Royal Evening | New York Social Diary

Here's a pic: http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/i/...y/CIMG5152.jpg

Sad we cant see any picture of Diana in this event!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin (Post 758679)
I love these two. I have read some criticism of them on other Forums, particularly the Prince. But this criticism is never borne out by the interviews and articles I read about him. He appears idealistic, romantic and kind. And yes very well aware of and very proud of his Orleans lineage. But there is not a thing wrong with that, in my opinion.

I can't wait for the wedding!

Same here! :wub:I just cant wait for it and to see the dress of the bride and all the guests. The Prince was not the only one who faced criticism. Diana was involved in some polemics with her step sister due to the Title of Duchess of Cadaval. But, imo, the charm of the couple is superior to all those things.

Regina 05-10-2008 08:26 PM

The Couple was in New York, attending a Gala event of Foundation Saint-Lazare. This NGO is presided by the Prince and its main goal is to help to find ways to resolve the lack of water in certain countries.

The gala ceremony took place in Pierre Hotel

1 2

The couple also took the chance to walk in the streets of NY and have some romantic days together. The article said the Duchess visited several Bridal shops, where she tried several wedding dresses. I find it strange because she is going to marry two moths from now... how come she doesnt have her Dress already? :ohmy:

(Caras Magazine, pics scanned by me)

I love her coat :)

Moonmaiden23 05-14-2008 07:13 PM

An earlier Point de Vue from this month stated that New York designer Carolina Herrera had created the Duchess's wedding gown and that was why Diana was in NYC...for a fitting.

Regina 05-14-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin (Post 765800)
An earlier Point de Vue from this month stated that New York designer Carolina Herrera had created the Duchess's wedding gown and that was why Diana was in NYC...for a fitting.

Ah great to know that!! :smile: Together with Elie Saab, Carolina Herrera is my favourite Designer.

Marengo 06-04-2008 05:34 AM

Diane and Charles-Phillipe went to Cambodja to camaign against landmines, this weeks Point de Vue has a rather extensive article about the visit, with some lovely pictures of the two.

Regina 06-04-2008 06:59 PM

The couple was received by the King of Cambodja.
The Duchess of Cadaval was very elegant and confident as usual. :flowers:

Article (in French)

The main points of this visit was to discuss the historical links between France and Cambodja, and the fight against the anti-personnel mines.

The King received the Order of Saint-Lazare by the generous help he has been given to his people since the beggining of his reign.

The Prince and the duchess of Cadaval were accompanied by a delegation of Saint-Lazare and HAMAP Health, and they will remain ten days in the country.

Moonmaiden23 06-04-2008 08:19 PM

Charles and Diana have made several of these types of goodwill humanitarian missions. There was one to Serbia last year and another to Ethiopa a few months ago. I like this...I hope they are setting the tone for how their marriage is going to be. They seem to be a genuinely involved and caring couple, and i really don't want to believe that they simply love the publicity. These are the types of peope who ONCE graced the cover of Point de Vue...back when it was a real quality magazine.

There's will be the first truly Royal wedding Europe has had in a long time. I can't wait!

Elsa M. 06-08-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin (Post 775250)
There's will be the first truly Royal wedding Europe has had in a long time. I can't wait!

A couple of months ago I posted TV reportage about some Portuguese nobles... Diana was one of the noblers featured in the piece. She showed a bit of her palace and its church (where the wedding ceremony is going to take place):
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/760210-post26.html

I don't know them, so I can't really have an opinion, but somehow they both appear as incredibly shallow to me... anyway, yes, I'm soooo looking forward to see the wedding photos! Don't we just love a royal wedding? ;)

Here is Diana de Cadaval posing for the magazine Máxima. The photoshoot is for Louis Vuitton:

Máxima - A revista feminina que lhe diz muito mais...

Regina 06-09-2008 04:54 AM

A BIG thank you, Elsa, for the great pictures you shared!

In some pictures, Diane looks so much as her mother, Claudine.

In this picture she's with António Homem Cardoso, the official photographer of Dom Duarte and his family.

Diane looks so much more natural than Charles-Philippe. It doesn't mean he looks fake, but his eyes are always so stared that his face doesn't transmit the same in love facial expression of Diane.

How great that both of them are pure Royals. I am glad she is a Portuguese. Can't wait for the wedding too. :flowers:

Elsa M. 06-10-2008 10:29 AM

Another photo from this trip to New York can be found in this article, from Caras:

Diana de Cadaval e Charles d’Orléans: dias românticos em Nova Iorque

Marengo 06-25-2008 08:25 AM

It seems Charles-Phillipe has issues with several members of his family due to his chairmanship of the order of St. Lazare. I think there was some shady business going on which resulted in him being arrested for a while, a year ago or so.
Apart from theat he also recognises the duke of Castro as the head of the house of the Two-Sicilies and not his own uncle, the duke of Calabria!

And added to that, he featured in the french version of 'I am a celebrity...get me out of here'.

His website: Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans - Duc d'Anjou

leomichel 06-25-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 791261)

And added to that, he featured in the french version of 'I am a celebrity...get me out of here'.

Which is both a shame (for him) and a farce, because, except for, what, maybe 100 people, nobody in France knows who he is, and, quite frankly, nobody cares!

Elsa M. 06-28-2008 12:51 PM

The Duke of Anjou has also a channel in YouTube:

YouTube - Canal de leducdanjou

Moonmaiden23 06-30-2008 12:42 PM

Why why why would C-P agree to appear on that tacky TV show?? Is he badly in need of money?

Elsa M. 06-30-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin (Post 793257)
Why why why would C-P agree to appear on that tacky TV show?? Is he badly in need of money?

Well, he works as a flying consultant, so that's probably not the motivation.
But he was desperatly in need of publicity... I guess. :rolleyes:

Regina 06-30-2008 07:56 PM

Days before the wedding, Diana posed for Hola Magazine (Palace of Cadaval)

Valentino

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4...na1holaud4.jpg I love the colours of this dress (the scanning is not perfect, sorry for that)

Christian Lacroix

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2...na2holaoj6.jpg

Elie Saab

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1...na3holahg4.jpg

Dolce&Gabbana

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8...na4holaiu4.jpg

Carolina Herrera

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...na5holarb8.jpg

REMI 07-01-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elsa M. (Post 793278)

You are entirely right. He belongs to a younger branch. He is nothing. He wants to become: "the Caliph instead of the Calilph".

REMI

Elsa M. 07-01-2008 09:09 AM

Regina, the photos are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing! The Elie Saab shot especially is beautifully coordinated with the Évora scenary :)

Another princess playing as a model... where have I seen this before?

Moonmaiden23 07-01-2008 09:17 PM

They really do make a striking couple....they LOOK like a Prince and Princess in my opinion!

The Orleans all have those rather striking, piercing blue eyes. It's the family's most remarkable trait...even many of the little nephews and nieces have those eyes.

I hope C-P keeps off the weight he lost for his wedding because he has a tendency to get kind of chubby. He looks very handsome right now.

Odette 07-01-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 791261)
It seems Charles-Phillipe has issues with several members of his family due to his chairmanship of the order of St. Lazare. I think there was some shady business going on which resulted in him being arrested for a while, a year ago or so.
Apart from theat he also recognises the duke of Castro as the head of the house of the Two-Sicilies and not his own uncle, the duke of Calabria!

Where was he arrested? Do you have more information about this incident?

Count 07-02-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 793949)

He was "inteviewed" by the police not because his position of Grand Master of the Order of St-Lazarus but for a matter linked with his work. The Order of St Lazarus is now under the protection of C-P Uncle, Count of Paris, as Head of the Royal House of France.

He recognises Charles de Bourbon living in Rome (and not Carlos de Borbon living in Madrid) as Head of the House of The Two Sicilies because all the Family of France do the same: it was Charles-Philippe's grandfather (the late Count of Paris) to recognise Don Ferdinando de Bourbon (Carlo's father, who died some months ago) as Head of the House.

Elsa M. 07-02-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Take a look here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0-post126.html

Odette 07-02-2008 05:57 PM

Thank you Elsa.

Odette 07-02-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count (Post 794148)
He recognises Charles de Bourbon living in Rome (and not Carlos de Borbon living in Madrid) as Head of the House of The Two Sicilies...

As if any of them is ever going to reign again......Charles de Bourbon (Duke of Castro?) married well and Carlos lives a peaceful life in Spain.......
This Charles (the groom) will hopefully live in splendour in the Cadaval Palace and everyone will be happy. (Right?)

REMI 07-02-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

The public prosecutor of Clermont-Ferrand (France) has required, on april the 14 2008,the referring to the "tribunal correctionnel" of Charles Philippe d'Orléans with these charges against him:calumnious denunciation, forgery and making use of forgery; usurpation of identity.Mister d'Orléans have to answer a summons soon.

REMI

Regina 07-02-2008 07:26 PM

I wonder what Claudine, Diana's mother, thinks about all this story with her son in law. :ermm:

Odette 07-03-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina (Post 794286)
I wonder what Claudine, Diana's mother, thinks about all this story with her son in law. :ermm:

Hopefully she already knows about it all. It was in the papers right?

Regina 07-03-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 794563)
Hopefully she already knows about it all. It was in the papers right?

Yes, she knows. Diana seems not to care about her husband's problems with Justice, I wonder if her mother shares the same feelings.

Sol (Portuguese newspaper) of this last saturday had an articles saying that at the wedding, some Diana's relatives (didn't mention names) were openly critisizing Charles's past.

Marengo 07-04-2008 04:39 AM

Well it was said some relatives stayed away from the wedding because of that, esp. his involvement with the St. Lazare knights (which was rather shady according to some); though most who stayed away did so due to the classic Orleans-feuds I suppose.

Did the prince ever get convicted btw? I don't remember the outcome...

I don't Claudine has much of a moral standing to judge others, considering the way she dealt with her late husbands older children.

Menarue 07-04-2008 05:01 AM

I think that Diana de Cadaval looks very happy, she is a very beautiful young lady. She wanted to be a Duchess and her mother wanted her to be too and now she is HRH so what more could they want?
If Rosalinda is put out I think she has every right to be. Much as I admire and respect D. Duarte I will never understand his position over the dispute of thie title of Duchess of Cadaval.

Regina 07-04-2008 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 794726)
Much as I admire and respect D. Duarte I will never understand his position over the dispute of thie title of Duchess of Cadaval.

In my personal opinion, the reason was because D. Duarte is Diana's Godfather and because they were (and still are of course) very close friends, and it was difficult (or impossible) to D. Duarte to say "no" to Claudine's ambitions. To stay in terms with his conscience, Duarte "created" a new title for Rosalinda: Duchess of Cadaval-Guerrand-Hermès...

Marengo 07-04-2008 05:38 AM

Not to kill an interesting discussion, but there is a thread about the Cadaval family (& their dispute) in the Portuguese-Brazilian forum, here. We kept the title dispute there as it is more a Portuguese matter.

Count 07-04-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 794721)
Well it was said some relatives stayed away from the wedding because of that, esp. his involvement with the St. Lazare knights (which was rather shady according to some); though most who stayed away did so due to the classic Orleans-feuds I suppose.

Did the prince ever get convicted btw? I don't remember the outcome...

I don't Claudine has much of a moral standing to judge others, considering the way she dealt with her late husbands older children.

It is correct what you write, the wedding was not attended by many Royals, of course CP is not the son of the Head of the House but the Count of Paris is the uncle.
The Order of St Lazarus: the count of Paris has is the protector of the Order but there is a dispute concerning this Order, 3 branches (!), the one of CP, the one of the Duke of Sevilla and another Maltese...It is a game of "power" among the people ruling the 3 branches.
The history of this Order is not very clear, it was closed by a Pope, but the French branch merged with another French Order, this is the reason why the count of Paris protects it...
There are as for other orders supportes of each of the 3 branches...

Odette 07-05-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Well, he works as a flying consultant, so that's probably not the motivation.

What on earth is a flying consultant?

Elsa M. 07-06-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 795313)
What on earth is a flying consultant?

Not sure either... "aviation consultant" perhaps? Anyway, it's one of those jobs with airlines, where you earn lots of money... you know, like being in charge of Development, etc.

Odette 07-06-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elsa M. (Post 795686)
Not sure either... "aviation consultant" perhaps?
Quote:

Anyway, it's one of those jobs with airlines, where you earn lots of money... you know, like being in charge of Development, etc.

As long as there is a lot of money involved...........

Regina 07-06-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Well, he works as a flying consultant,

Does someone have any idea about the airline company he works for?

Count 07-07-2008 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina (Post 795752)
Does someone have any idea about the airline company he works for?

He owns a company of consultancy for industrial intelligence and development of companies in international trading. This company has many customers and also airline companies.

JSP 07-14-2008 10:36 AM

Man with the orange tie, between Kardam of Bulgaria and Eudes d'Orléans.

My guess is that it is Charles-Louis duke of Chartres, cousin of the groom ?
Since the lady walking with him is hidden, it is difficult to identify him...

Glittering Royal Events Message Board: More eye popping stuff

Regina 07-25-2008 06:28 AM

Charles and Diana posed for Caras Magazine (n.676)

They didn't want to reveal where they spent their days together after the wedding. The couple says the honeymoon is not over yet, they just came back to Portugal to help Diana's mother on the preparation of the XIV edition of the Évora Clássica Festival (that happens every year in the Palace of Cadaval).

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5452/dc1zh1.jpg

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4016/dc2tg2.jpg

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/554/dc3po9.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6112/dc4it5.jpg

Odette 07-25-2008 09:12 PM

Can someone familiar with Evora tell me what is the temple behind them? The same columns were pictured in some of the wedding photos. Thank you in advance.

Regina 07-26-2008 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 803498)
Can someone familiar with Evora tell me what is the temple behind them? The same columns were pictured in some of the wedding photos. Thank you in advance.

It is the Roman Temple of Evora. It is a symbol of Evora and it was classified as World Heritage site by Unesco.

It is often called Temple of Diana (Roman goddess). The temple was built in honour of Emperor Augustus in the 1st century AD. in the main public square (Forum) of Évora.

(Sources:Wikipedia)

Pictures and article here

Odette 07-26-2008 03:59 PM

Thank you Regina very much. Looks like Evora should be a day trip from Lisbon. Seems like a very interesting place to visit. Thanks again

JSP 07-27-2008 01:37 PM

Évora

Évora is one of my favourite towns in Portugal.
It is about 1 1/2 hours from Lisbon by motorway.
Its historic center is quite well preserved and you can find many churches - the Cathedral where Charles-Philippe and Diana got married, and the famous Bones Chapel f.i. - and palaces.
Home of some of the best (and more expensive ) hotels such as Hotel da Cartucha or Pousada dos Lóios and restaurants - Fialho, Cozinha de Santo Humberto, A Tasquinha do Oliveira, Luar de Janeiro.
Try to go there on a market day at Rossio de São Braz for the local products and handicrafts.

Évora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Evora - Portugal - Alentejo - The City

Odette 07-27-2008 04:27 PM

Thank you JSP. I checked my schedule I will be in Lisbon on November 13, and I will make sure I travel to Evora.
This is a silly question but is Diana's Palace open to the public? It will be so nice to visit the Cathedral where the wedding took place. Hopefully I will see her someplace.
Are they living in Evora now??

Regina 07-27-2008 08:33 PM

Yes, the couple is living in Evora now.

I am not sure but I think only the first floor rooms can be visited by the public. You can admire family portraits, religious art and manuscripts. The palace is next-door to the Loios Convent and inside the palace yard there is a restaurant called Jardim do Paço

Odette 07-27-2008 10:20 PM

Thanks Regina........I am on my way.........They may even sell those wedding fans in the gift shop. They must have a gift shop if there is a restaurant.......That will be so grand......I love palaces, especially when the owners still occupy part of the structure.....

Elsa M. 08-04-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina (Post 803204)
Charles and Diana posed for Caras Magazine (n.676)

They didn't want to reveal where they spent their days together after the wedding. The couple says the honeymoon is not over yet, they just came back to Portugal to help Diana's mother on the preparation of the XIV edition of the Évora Clássica Festival (that happens every year in the Palace of Cadaval).

Here's the interview that was published along with the photos:

Diana de Cadaval e Charles-Philippe D`Orléans interrompem lua-de-mel

Warren 08-10-2008 07:19 AM

We don't appear to have a cross-reference to the wedding in this thread.
Here is the link to the Royal Weddings forum...

Orléans-Cadaval Wedding, 21 June 2008

zarat 08-15-2008 01:21 PM

[quote=Regina;803204]Charles and Diana posed for Caras Magazine (n.676)

Olycom - News

The same event, photos from olycom.it
]

Marengo 09-13-2008 06:43 PM

Diane de Cadaval and her husband attended the Jaeger dinner at the 65th filmfestival in Venice on August 31st. The Duchess wore earrings from Boucheron according to Point de Vue.

Look here for 5 photos.

Regina 09-13-2008 07:10 PM

I am glad to see pictures of them again! (Diane looks pregnant :whistling: )

Odette 09-13-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina (Post 823175)
I am glad to see pictures of them again! (Diane looks pregnant :whistling: )

She looks like she gained a bit of weight.........but is it neccessary for ladies to have those breasts so pushed up and out? :bang::bang:
They still look happy and in love and this is a good thing.

Regina 09-14-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 823245)
.........but is it neccessary for ladies to have those breasts so pushed up and out? :bang::bang:

This "breats pushed up and out" mania started with models and hollywood celebrities some years ago and now even the royal ladies want to follow this "look at my breast!" obsession...

Yes, I agree they look very happy :smile:

Maybe this is just me but I look at Diana's pictures, I always think that Diane strongly resembles Francisca, Dª Isabel of Braganza daughter...
(I know I'm the only one who thinks this way... :cool: ).

sgl 09-14-2008 08:41 PM

She does look like she has gained weight. Her dress is lovely.

Elsa M. 09-27-2008 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina (Post 823563)
This "breats pushed up and out" mania started with models and hollywood celebrities some years ago and now even the royal ladies want to follow this "look at my breast!" obsession...

Well, of course we could always blame Marie Antoinette... at least it would have some royal flavour ;):biggrin:

Moonmaiden23 10-03-2008 07:11 PM

Hmm...she doesn't look like she gained weight at all to me. I have seen photos of her where she looked much heavier than in that pic.

In any case, the new Princess has never been skinny and I don't think she ever will be. She has a body type similar to that of her mother, the duchess Claudine with a tendency to have heavy hips and thighs.

She IS glowing however...they make a smashing couple!

pamk 10-03-2008 07:40 PM

Her arms are certainly not as thin as before - I think that she HAS gained weight -
I love her smile - she looks like a very friendly, unpretenious sort of lady - she would be nice to know -

Regina 10-04-2008 12:34 PM

Charles-Philippe d'Orléans and Diana attending a gala dinner in Guimarães. This dinner was promoted by Adalberto Neiva de Oliveira, the Order of Malta's Embassador in Mozambique.

I really love her dress!

Claudine de Cadaval with her dauhter Alexandra and Alexandra Marques

(Caras magazine)

Menarue 10-04-2008 01:07 PM

My daughter quite often sees both the Prince and Princess as they are clients of the firm she works for and she said you couldn´t meet a nicer pair. Natural, friendly and a real pleasure to talk to as well as both being very good looking.

sgl 10-04-2008 11:51 PM

They look wonderful in this photo. I really love her dress! They seem like a very happy couple, and it is nice to hear from Menarue that they are nice in person.

ImageShack - Hosting :: diafl5.jpg

Elsa M. 10-11-2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina (Post 832428)
Charles-Philippe d'Orléans and Diana attending a gala dinner in Guimarães. This dinner was promoted by Adalberto Neiva de Oliveira, the Order of Malta's Embassador in Mozambique.

More photos of this event can be found here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4&postcount=86

Elsa M. 12-11-2008 12:13 PM

They're on the cover of this week's issue of Caras:

Edição 696

They say that a child is already in their plans.

Regina 12-12-2008 07:09 PM

In this interview to Caras magazine, the couple says they are living a very happy marriage. This Christmas will be special since it is the first one they spent together.
Diana said they are living more time in Portugal than in France and that is a good thing in her opinion because that allows them to spend more time together with each other.

As Elsa said, a child is in their plans for this next year. They want to give to their children a Christian education and give special importance to values as work, respect, sharing, duty and honour.

They mentioned their experience of helping the poor in third world countries as the most beautiful experiences they had.

They wish love, and peace to everyone especially those who are extremely poor and lonely.

Regina 12-13-2008 07:51 PM

Pictures

(Caras magazine, scanned by me)

pamk 12-13-2008 09:55 PM

Wow! This is the most relaxed that I have seen him look - usually Charles has very carefully fixed hair and seems a bit formal.
A very fun loving and friendly looking couple.

Elsa M. 12-14-2008 01:17 PM

Funny photos! Thanks for scanning, Regina! :)
Do you know where were they taken?

magnik 12-14-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamk (Post 866899)
Wow! This is the most relaxed that I have seen him look - usually Charles has very carefully fixed hair and seems a bit formal.
A very fun loving and friendly looking couple.

What love can to do with the man?:biggrin:

Menarue 12-14-2008 05:53 PM

I was standing next to them yesterday and they looked so happy together a lovely couple, they had just done some Christmas shopping. His eyes are even more blue than in the photographs and she is a very beautiful young woman.

Regina 12-14-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elsa M. (Post 867089)
Funny photos! Thanks for scanning, Regina! :)
Do you know where were they taken?

At the beginning of the interview,it is said the Prince and Princess d'Orléans celebrated 6 months of a happy marriage in Sahara Desert (Morocco).

They were there invited by King Mohammed VI, to participate in the Moussem de tan-Tan, a Berber Festival.

manantiz 12-20-2008 07:16 PM

Wedding Video

YouTube - Mariage du Duc d'Anjou et de la duchesse de Cadaval

manantiz 12-20-2008 07:18 PM

Duchess Cadaval - Evora Music Festival

YouTube - Festival de musique du monde Ã* Evora, Portugal

Regina 12-23-2008 07:56 PM

Ah manantiz! Thank you so much for the videos! :flowers: :flowers: I know I'll watch the first one again again. :biggrin:
They were so in love on the wedding day. I think Diana was more nervous and emotional than the prince but they were both truly happy, IMO.

Odette 12-23-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 867172)
I was standing next to them yesterday and they looked so happy together a lovely couple, they had just done some Christmas shopping. His eyes are even more blue than in the photographs and she is a very beautiful young woman.

Lucky girl Menarue......! Imagine standing next to them and see them from so close up.
A lot of people are not too photogenic and they do not take good photos. I suppose the prince is one of them.:flowers:

Moonmaiden23 12-24-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manantiz (Post 870043)
YouTube marriage video

This is so beautiful...I was smiling the whole way through! How charming was it when they both began giggling during the exchange of vows? It was obviously very warm in the Cathedral because the Prince was visibly perspiring. But oh wow he is so handsome! And Diana's gown looks so much lovelier live in the video than it does in the still photos, which doesn't quite do it justice.

They are a magnificent young couple. Thanks so much for providing this!

Elsa M. 12-26-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elsa M. (Post 865860)
They're on the cover of this week's issue of Caras:

Edição 696

They say that a child is already in their plans.

Here's the whole interview:

Charles-Philippe d’Orléans e Diana de Cadaval: “Já fazemos planos para a chegada do primeiro filho, queremos ter uma famÃ*lia grande”

And a photo:
http://aeiou.caras.pt/contents//cara...d3b1b6281e.jpg

They were invited by the King of Morocco to participate in the Moussem de Tan-Tan, in order to promote the traditional arts and to strengthen the ties between France and Morocco.

Menarue 12-26-2008 02:58 PM

I saw them just about a week ago buying presents from Vista Alegre the beautiful china shop. A very good looking couple they are too.

iceflower 02-03-2009 03:16 AM

Pic 2.2.2009

Prince and Princess Charles-Philippe d'Orleans attend the French
National Cancer Institute Fundraiser Gala Dinner hosted by David
Khayat at Chateau de Versailles on February 2, 2009 in Paris, France.

-------> Pic

Regina 02-06-2009 07:03 PM

Prince and Princess d'Orleans attended a dinner organized by the Confrérie de la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs. The event took place in Grande Real Villa Itália (Cascais, Portugal).

Pic 1 Pic 2 (scanned by me)

Caras magazine interviewed the royal couple. Both said they feel delighted with these 7 months of marriage. Diana said they are just a couple as many others, the only difference is that they have official events to attend sometimes.
Charles-Philippe expressed a big wish to have many children with Diana.

A lovely couple, IMO. :flowers:

Elsa M. 02-09-2009 07:16 AM

Thanks, Regina!

Here's another link to one of those photos:
http://aeiou.caras.pt/contents//cara...b1c58feb53.jpg

And the complete interview:
Diana e Charles-Philippe d’Orléans: “Queremos muito criar uma famÃ*lia”

Elsa M. 03-06-2009 01:12 PM

Diana and Charles-Philippe were among the personalities who attended the presentation of Princess Michael of Kent's book, at Palácio Fronteira, in Lisboa.
See the thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...&postcount=159

Elsa M. 03-20-2009 10:31 AM

Diana posed for Caras magazine, with whom she's colaborating as a special interviewer:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7924/scan0002l.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9170/scan0003l.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7554/scan0004iel.jpg

(scanned from Caras)

Vanesa 03-21-2009 01:10 AM

Wonderful couple. I like it a lot.

I always liked the Royal Family of France..even if France is not a Kingdom any more! :biggrin:

Vanesa.

V.F.H.78 03-21-2009 05:01 AM

Wow! Diana of Cadaval is so pretty on these pictures! I especially like the second one (on the throne).

V.F.H.78 03-24-2009 03:09 PM

Another link to CARAS website with a better pic of Diana of Cadaval : Diana de Cadaval vai estrear-se como colaboradora da CARAS

Her first interview for CARAS magazine will be with Princess Michael of Kent.

Regina 03-24-2009 03:25 PM

Thanks Elsa, for scanning the pictures!

I love her dress, Diana looks really well in these pictures.

In this interview, Diana says she's writing an historical romance about a Portuguese queen. The book will be available in book-shops next year.

Elsa M. 03-25-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V.F.H.78 (Post 912410)
Her first interview for CARAS magazine will be with Princess Michael of Kent.

Yes, it's on this week's issue:

Edição 711

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7269/caras1.jpg

Regina 03-25-2009 04:22 PM

Pictures of the Diana's first interview for Caras magazine

(scanned by me)

The interview's place was Diana's home, in Estoril.

(click the pictures to enlarge them)

Elsa M. 04-27-2009 06:30 AM

Duchess Diana, accompanied by her husband, Prince Charles-Phillippe, attended yesterday the canonization of D. Nuno Álvares Pereira, and represented the family at the main altar of the Vatican's St. Peter's square.
Meanwhile, the Prince (as the Grand Master of the Order of Malta) was also one of the 50 guests who attended the dinner hosted by the Count of Ataíde, D. Augusto de Albuquerque Athayde, in the Circolo Caccia (a roman private club for nobles).

Elsa M. 05-02-2009 12:17 PM

Photos of Prince Charles-Phillippe and Princess Diana at the wedding of Prince Jean d'Orléans and Filomena de Tornos can be found on this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f207/prince-jean-of-france-and-philomena-de-tornos-19-march-and-2-may-2009-a-20652-3.html

Moonmaiden23 05-19-2009 05:51 PM

Oh I love Charles-Philippe and Diana...my current favorite royal couple.

I love reading about them.

ETA: Why is she called "Duchess Diana?" It sounds awkward, I don't like it at all. Isn't her name now HRH Princess Diana, Duchesse de Cadaval?

Regina 05-19-2009 07:32 PM

Yes, me too, I love reading about them. I hope Caras magazine brings soon another interview made by Diana. I wonder who will be her next guest :)

Diana is called Duchess Diana because she is a Duchess (Duchess of Cadaval) in her own right.

Elsa M. 06-14-2009 06:42 PM

Princess Diana expressed her grief for the death of Prince Pedro Luiz d'Orléans e Bragança, at the plane accident. See it here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5&postcount=94

Regina 06-20-2009 07:34 PM

The first Caras' interview made by Diana was in March. The magazine said she would make this kind of interviews with regularity. We're already in June and no more interviews since the first one. I wonder if she is still working for the magazine as a collaborator :confused: