The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Danish Royal History (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f157/)
-   -   Funeral of Queen Ingrid; November 14, 2000 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f157/funeral-of-queen-ingrid-november-14-2000-a-15877.html)

Mandy 02-13-2008 02:39 AM

Funeral of Queen Ingrid; November 14, 2000

Queen Ingrid died 7 November 2000 at the age of 90. Her flag-draped casket was taken from Christiansborg church to the railway station in Copenhagen and went by steam train to Roskilde. The funeral which was attended by her family and crown heads of Europe took place in Roskilde's Cathedral. Queen Ingrid was buried beside her husband, King Frederik IX at Roskilde.

Mandy 02-13-2008 03:46 AM

10 November 2000 - Queen Ingrid's flag-draped casket rested for three days in Copenhagen's Christiansborg Palace Chapel.

Prince Frederik, Queen Anne Marie, Princess Benedikte, Prince Henrik, Queen Margrethe.
Picture
Picture

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik walk past Queen Ingrid flag-draped casket.
Picture

11 November 2000 - Tribute to Queen Ingrid.
Picture

12 November 2000 - The Danish people pay tribute to Queen Ingrid.
Picture

Mandy 04-04-2008 01:23 AM

14 November 2000

SJAELLAND, DENMARK: Thousands of spectators gather in the streets of Roskilde to pay their last respect to Denmark's Queen Mother Ingrid during the funeral procession in Roskilde on Tuesday 14 November 2000. Walking behind the hearse are Danish Crown Prince Frederik (L, uniform), Queen Margrethe (C) and Prince Consort Henrik (R, uniform). The funeral of Queen Mother Ingrid, who died last Tuesday at the age of 90, took place in Roskilde's Cathedral. EPA PHOTO SCANPIX NORDFOTO/KELD NAVNTOFT

Procession to Roskilde's Cathedral

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik

Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik

King Constantine, Queen Anne-Marie

Prince Joachim, Princess Alexandra

King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Princess Lilian

Princess Madeleine, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Victoria

Grand Duke Jean, King Carl Gustaf, Queen Beatrix, King Harald

Queen Sophia

Prince Albert, Prince Charles

Prince Charles

Princess Märtha Louise, Princess Caroline, Prince Ernst August

Princess Märtha Louise, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon

Prince Hasma of Jordan

Mandy 04-04-2008 01:32 AM

14 November 2000
Queen Ingrid's coffin carried into the Cathedral 1

Queen Ingrid's coffin carried into the Cathedral 2

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik

During the service

After the service I

After the service 2

grandlordbenji16 08-20-2009 02:25 AM

its seem likely the queen doesnt show much emmotion as the other daughters and why is the prince consort staring at:ermm:

H.M. Margrethe 08-20-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandlordbenji16 (Post 982231)
its seem likely the queen doesnt show much emmotion as the other daughters and why is the prince consort staring at:ermm:

I think that Queen Margrethe has learned not to show her sorrow in public an grieve home in privat..I think that Prince Consort Henrik is looking up in heaven to see that his mother inlaw is safe....I did the same when my grandmother was buried in April this year :ermm::ermm:
The hardest time at my grandmothers funural was when the coffin was put down in the ground, so therfor i chose to look at the flag in the heaven.

Back to subject i think it must be very hard so say godbye to a parrent thinking of Queen Ingrids daugthers and their ages.

Lumutqueen 08-20-2009 01:36 PM

:previous:
I think royals have learnt not to show emotion in public not just Queen M.
Queen M looks just as distraught as Quee AM or Princess Benedikte.

Viv 08-27-2009 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe (Post 982413)
I think that Prince Consort Henrik is looking up in heaven to see that his mother inlaw is safe...

It's a sweet thought, H.M. Margrethe, but please take a closer look the next time you watch Prince Henrik attending a church ceremony! He invariably looks as if he'd rather be some place else! He is bored stiff when in church, but then again religious beliefs don't mean the same to him as they do to the Queen.

Viv

Tricota 08-30-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy (Post 749582)
14 November 2000

After the service 2

You mean after the "service" in Christiansborg Slotskirke right?

kalnel 09-27-2009 08:33 PM

I'm curious why Queen Margrethe, Queen Anne-Marie, and Princess Benedikte are wearing formal mourning clothes and veils, while the other female members of the family aren't. Is this a matter of etiquette, personal preference, or tradition?

At the time of the funeral, Alexandra was still married to Joachim, so I'd have imagined that all "princesses of the house" would be dressed similarly.

IloveCP 10-03-2011 02:57 PM

Were Pavlos and Marie Chantal there?

FasterB 10-03-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viv (Post 984566)
It's a sweet thought, H.M. Margrethe, but please take a closer look the next time you watch Prince Henrik attending a church ceremony! He invariably looks as if he'd rather be some place else! He is bored stiff when in church, but then again religious beliefs don't mean the same to him as they do to the Queen.

Viv

As he is when he is in the Royal Theatre...

Grandduchess24 10-03-2011 03:47 PM

Wasn't Crown prince Frederick the one who was close to his grandmother Queen Ingrid?

FasterB 10-04-2011 03:44 PM

Yes, but all her grandchildren was close to her :)

BeatrixFan 11-06-2011 08:30 PM

Remembering Queen Ingrid today. 11 years since she passed away. What a marvellous woman she was.

Viv 11-07-2011 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan (Post 1334625)
Remembering Queen Ingrid today. 11 years since she passed away. What a marvellous woman she was.

Glad you remember what I have forgotten!:flowers:

viv

Jose 11-08-2011 03:10 PM

It was Queen Ingrids brothers Count Sigvard and wife Marianne Bernadotte attend Ingrids funeral. Count Carl Johan and wife Gunnila Bernadotte was attend Ingrids funeral. Oldest brother Sigvard and youngest brother Carl Johan Bernadotte. Sister-in-law Marianne and Gunnila, Princess Lilian.

NGalitzine 12-05-2011 10:18 PM

I was watching the video of the funeral of Queen Ingrid.

Begravelse - Dronning Ingrid - dr.dk/Bonanza

What is the orgin and meaning of laying fir boughs along the road that the funeral procession passes over?

Viv 12-06-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 1343731)
I was watching the video of the funeral of Queen Ingrid.

Begravelse - Dronning Ingrid - dr.dk/Bonanza

What is the orgin and meaning of laying fir boughs along the road that the funeral procession passes over?

The fir branches were silencing the procession, but it is also a token of honour! I can't say whether 'the palace' requested this or if it was organized by the city of Roskilde. I haven't seen this before .. nor after, for that matter. However previously in rural districts flowers were often strewn along stretches of the funeral procession route - depending on the season.

viv

Burzg 05-19-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy (Post 749580)
14 November 2000

Prince Hasma of Jordan

First , this man is Prince Hashem of Jordan
Second , in jordan they not have Prince called Hasma is Prince Hamzah not Hasma :flowers: