The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Autumn Phillips Jewellery (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/autumn-phillips-jewellery-15863.html)

PrincessofEurope 02-11-2008 06:05 PM

Autumn Phillips Jewellery

as one day soon Autumn will join the ranks of the Britsih royal family i thought it would be good to have a discussion about her jewels in particular the very beautiful diamond engagement ring reported to have cost 80,000

below is a link to some pics
Princess Anne's future daughter-in-law shows off her dazzling engagement ring | the Daily Mail

http://www.diamondring.com/journal/w..._kelly_er1.jpg

:flowers:

blondie28 02-11-2008 06:46 PM

Lovely ring. I like how it says BLING on the second picture. About how much would that cost in dollars?

sgl 02-11-2008 07:00 PM

It is a very beautiful ring. Does anyone know if it is an heirloom? I was hoping that the Daily Mail article would give more info about the ring, but it does not.

jcbcode99 02-12-2008 10:24 AM

It is a lovely ring--I'm partial to the three stone ring and I think this one is very nice indeed.
The wedding is coming up--I wonder if Anne will loan the bride a tiara? Would it be the Greek, Pine Flower, or Festoon? Here' s a link to the Princess Anne jewellery forum:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ery-13121.html
I like the festoon for a wedding.

Autumn is a very pretty girl. They make a nice couple. When is the wedding?

scooter 02-13-2008 03:04 PM

I think there are some baguettes on either side of the 3 stones.

HRHAmy 02-13-2008 08:19 PM

I think Autumn should either wear the Festoon Tiara or the Scroll Tiara, they are nice and dainty and would look good with her blond hair. I can't wait for their wedding!

sirhon11234 02-13-2008 08:36 PM

Maybe Anne will give her either the The Scroll Tiara or the Meander Tiara.

Lady Bluffton 04-19-2008 06:52 PM

Any educated guesses as

(1) whether Princess Anne will be lending one of her tiaras to soon to be D-I-L Autumn, and

(2) if so, which one?

I'm thinking NOT the Pinecone.

Cheers!

Prince of Chota 04-19-2008 08:54 PM

I think it will likely be the Greek Meander tiara or the Diamond Scroll. And my guess is that it will be lent only for the occasion, and perhaps never see Autumn's head again...

jcbcode99 04-19-2008 10:25 PM

The scroll tiara is more suitable for a bride--but the Meander has a stronger family history. But, I'd say a definate NO to the pinecone!

RubyPrincess168 04-20-2008 12:37 AM

Why not the pinecone? It'd be "something borrowed" and "something blue". Autumn might actually make it work for once.

LadyCat 04-20-2008 12:48 AM

:previous: Oh you are bad!:biggrin: I agree it would cover the "borrowed" and "blue", even the something old, but suggesting Autumn wear that tiara for her wedding is close to Marengo's suggestion that Marie should wear Margrethe's golden poppy hairnet tiara thingy for her wedding to Joachim! Hey, let's give these girls a break! Pretty tiaras only for the weddings -- please!

Cat

Lady Bluffton 04-21-2008 07:35 PM

I'd like to see that tiara from the whatever shipping company on Autumn's auburn tresses.

:flowers:

muriel 04-22-2008 11:47 AM

1. I for one do not believe that Autumn will be wearing a tiara at her wedding. Anne's children are not royal, and neither is Autumn. It really is not very common in England for brides to borrow tiara's from their prospective mothers-in-law to wear at the wedding. If her family has a tiara, she may use it. Comments?

branchg 04-22-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 757165)
  1. I for one do not believe that Autumn will be wearing a tiara at her wedding. Anne's children are not royal, and neither is Autumn. It really is not very common in England for brides to borrow tiara's from their prospective mothers-in-law to wear at the wedding. If her family has a tiara, she may use it. Comments?

Peter reportedly declined an offer of a peerage from The Queen on his wedding day, so there really is no reason for Autumn to wear one of Anne's tiaras.

PrincessofEurope 04-22-2008 03:38 PM

she may just wear a mock tiara but i dont think that she will borrow one of Anne's after all Peter is to give up his right to the throne when they marry. if zara marries she might use of of her mother's tiaras but that is a different matter

nielgq 04-24-2008 09:16 PM

I don't think you have to be royal nor noble to wear a tiara. Anyone can do so. Even Madonna and Elton John wore them once upon a time. :)

MARG 04-24-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Tiaras and weddings are linked by solid chain. In NZ Faux Tiaras are often used to anchor a bride's veil. If you have the real deal whyever would you not use it?

wymanda 04-24-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

I think the sole reason will be that Peter is the Queens' oldest grandchild & the first to marry. Title or not he is still a member of the immediate royal family & his succession rights have nothing to do with that.

Princess Michael wore a tiara at her wedding which came from her mother-in-law & Serena Linley wore one of her mother-in-laws' tiara's. Why wouldn't Autumn be loaned one either from the Princess Royal or from Her Majesty? Both seem to be very fond of Autumn.

daisygoogles 04-25-2008 06:58 AM

I hope that she will wear a borrowed tiara. It will make the wedding that much more special.
BTW, do you think there willbe major press coverage of the wedding?
I hope so. It'll be nice to see