The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Style File (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Crown Princess Mary's Skin Care and Beauty Regime (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/crown-princess-marys-skin-care-and-beauty-regime-15839.html)

sgl 02-04-2008 07:38 PM

Crown Princess Mary's Skin Care and Beauty Regime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dee4855 (Post 725715)
She is one of those women the older she gets the more beautiful she becomes. Thank you for all the new pictures.

I agree. She has the most beautiful skin, and she seems to glow. Not fair!

GlitteringTiaras 02-04-2008 07:49 PM

Actually, she has a good grooming regime so it is easy to obtain "glowing" skin. If one needs more help besides face creams and water, Microdermabrasion, Chem. peels, Threadlifts, Juvederm, Restalyne, Botox, and laser skin resurfacing, to name a few, can help one achieve the "glowing she/he/it never ages" look. Finally, see your dermatologist to help you if invasive procedures are not for you.

So don't be fooled into thinking it's all natural, she along with other public figures do have help. If you want to achieve it, it takes work. It's that simple. And, it's mentally unhealthy to compare yourself to others and believe they are beyond perfect... it just isn't so. Mary and other public figures have flaws just like the rest of us. Finally, don't forget 99% of the photos we see are airbrushed so what you see isn't always the truth.

:smile:

Drottning 02-04-2008 09:27 PM

True, very true, GT! I believe the Crown Princess was a follower of Ole Henrikson, right? From what I know of him, he is one of Hollywood's top skin care gurus.

Fashionista100 02-04-2008 10:32 PM

Yes, but even Ole Hendriksen cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Mary was very healthy and nice skin when she was dating and met Fred. However, I believe she was damaging it by spending too much time in the Aussie sun. I do believe she has now had the benefit of good treatments etc and we can see the results. I don't believe she has had plastic surgury or botox. (Speaking in general about posts I've read in the past not a specific post here) Her wrinkles are appropriate to her age and she still has them. Her face is expressive. I agree with GT that she has worked hard to look this way. But I stll admire her. I too have put a lot of work in my skin. I may not have the financial benefits of Mary, but I have improved greatly. I does take work!

Drottning 02-04-2008 10:56 PM

I like the fact that Mary puts sunscreen on her son when they are outside. Speaking as someone who loves in a state where the sun can be brutal in the summer, wearing sunscreen is essential to prevent skin cancer and premature aging. Not that Christian needs to worry about premature aging at the moment but sunscreen is essential for children anyways.

:flowers:

GlitteringTiaras 02-05-2008 12:05 AM

Key to good skin, besides the usual, is sunscreen. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. Even during the Winter months one must wear some sort of protection... at least 30SPF. I glad to see Mary putting it on Christian. Plus she supports this campaign in Denmark (remember a year ago she visited some school kids whereupon she placed hats on them and spoke about protecting their skin?)

There are all kinds of beauty regimes out there, including Ole's (I cannot use his stuff, it makes me breakout) so you should find one that works for you. My personal choice is Natura Bisse. My skin would be in trouble if it weren't for that stuff. I also have facials every two weeks so that helps; and yes, I do stuff less than 50cc of Juvederm into my lips thank you very much:biggrin:.

As Fashionista previously stated, Mary has had good skin prior to meeting Frederik (though she did have one or two sun spots, which is normal for people living in a strong Sun climate, on her face which has been corrected since moving to Denmark.)

I also attribute her good skin to genetics. Since dumping Ole, I do believe her skin won't suffer; she knows what to do and has access to the best skin people in the world.

:smile:

sgl 02-09-2008 11:38 AM

Crown Princess Mary's Skin Care and Beauty Regime
 
Crown Princess Mary has the most beautiful skin I have ever seen. I would love to know what products she uses and what she does to maintain her skin (i.e. microdermabrasion, facials, etc). Does anyone know? I tried to find this info in previous threads, but was unable to.

Drottning 02-09-2008 03:19 PM

She was a client of Ole Henrikson but whether she still visits him, I'm not sure. He once said that she used his Three Little Wonders products. I am sure she isn't going to divulge publicly what treatments she has used to get her skin the way it is, but I am sure she may get the occasional peel, microdermabrasion, facials. And using sunscreen prevents any potential sun damage.

sgl 02-10-2008 08:19 PM

As Fashionista previously stated, it is nice that she does show some wrinkles and expression on her face. There is nothing worse than a face that has had too much Botox and doesn't move. I have had some luck with Phytomer's Marine Souffle oxygenating serum. It gives me a bit of a glow-although, nothing like Mary's glow. I also get facials and microderm regularly, but my skin has yet to glow like hers. That's okay. I think Mary is just one of those lucky people who was blessed with nice skin.

amina1 02-10-2008 08:57 PM

the thing that surprises me the most everytime i read about all those facial treatment, chemical peels, laser skin ... is the side effects factor, it does worry me, they seem serious, yet you see other royals & celebrities getting all kinds of jobs done on their faces & still looking ok, & risk free...:neutral:

GlitteringTiaras 02-10-2008 09:50 PM

There are all kinds of treatments for the face, and the most invasive is a Deep chemical peel. Yes, the down time can be hard and the effects during can be shocking, but one cannot deny the results. Perfection.

Microdermabrasion and laser resurfacing isn't as bad, and I suspect Mary may have had microdermabrasion to fix her sun damaged skin. In earlier photos, specifically during the engagement press conference, she had noticable Hyperpigmentation. A couple of treatments is all it takes to rid of HP, and as we have all seen on the day of her wedding her skin was amazing. Completely opposite of what it looked like back in October 2003. Now, I have heard others claim that her skin magically changed, and thus the hyperpigmentation, sun spots, and so forth, disappeared thanks to Denmark's weather. Nice theory, but scientifically and logically impossible. One's skin doesn't change overnight like that without the help of Dr. Skin Rejuvenation.

As I said, before, Mary obviously takes good care of her skin, through I imagine, a time consuming routine. Lots of sunscreen, eye cream, facials, day cream, night cream, healthy eating, water, etc., etc. Anyone can achieve that "amazing" skin look, but only if one puts in the effort, then one will succeed.

:smile:

ashelen 02-10-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Anyone can achieve that "amazing" skin look, but only if one puts in the effort, then one will succeed.
:smile:
I agree with you just you forgot iff you have money too, i do not have anyproblem to put the effort to achive that "amazing" the only problem is the money!:flowers:

Madame Royale 02-10-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 728228)
There are all kinds of treatments for the face, and the most invasive is a Deep chemical peel. Yes, the down time can be hard and the effects during can be shocking, but one cannot deny the results. Perfection.

Microdermabrasion and laser resurfacing isn't as bad, and I suspect Mary may have had microdermabrasion to fix her sun damaged skin. In earlier photos, specifically during the engagement press conference, she had noticable Hyperpigmentation. A couple of treatments is all it takes to rid of HP, and as we have all seen on the day of her wedding her skin was amazing. Completely opposite of what it looked like back in October 2003. Now, I have heard others claim that her skin magically changed, and thus the hyperpigmentation, sun spots, and so forth, disappeared thanks to Denmark's weather. Nice theory, but scientifically and logically impossible. One's skin doesn't change overnight like that without the help of Dr. Skin Rejuvenation.

As I said, before, Mary obviously takes good care of her skin, through I imagine, a time consuming routine. Lots of sunscreen, eye cream, facials, day cream, night cream, healthy eating, water, etc., etc. Anyone can achieve that "amazing" skin look, but only if one puts in the effort, then one will succeed.

:smile:

I've never hidden the fact that I think Mary has the the most wonderful complexion..;)..It's now flawless in almost every way, imo.

I think all you have mentioned to be spot on, GT.

I have two facials twice a week (Mondays and Fridays) and am a firm believer in the use of sunscreen. Even when I'm not in the sun I use it as I find it nourishes my skin and helps maintain certain 'glow'.

Makeup wise, I use an Yves Saint Laurent mascara and eye liner and for foundation, I use Sheer Cover. Sheer Cover is incredibly light and distributes so evenly. It really makes you look as though you're skin is 'naturally' airbrushed and I love maintaining that 'perfect' complexion.

GlitteringTiaras 02-10-2008 11:40 PM

That's not necessarily true, Ashelen:smile:

There are many affordable treatments for the average person. Furthermore, you can also open your 'fridge and find stuff that can help your skin. For example, Olive Oil. As gross as it sounds, Olive Oil does wonders for your skin. Some people use it after washing their hands while others use it to remove their eye make-up and use it as a light night cream/oil.

Beauty lines, such as Natura Bisse, is affordable and so is Clarins; dare I say Ole Hendriksen as well:ermm:.

As I mentioned before, I use Natura Bisse regularly, and it has done wonders for my skin, and mine is sensitive. I'll admit I've had microdermabrasion and use Juvederm twice a year to keep my skin "glowing" as well as to plump up my minor laugh lines, but I also use other items that help my skin. For example, Pond's Cold Cream. Now, this stuff is heavy, but it removes my make-up perhaps better than anything on the market. Moreover, it's cheap... dirt cheap.

Facials is something that I also do on a regular basis, and I suspect Mary does as well. Nobody has good skin like that without having facials. Prices vary from place to place, but in the end it is worth it. Sometimes one has to splurge if they want that "look."

Again, Mary, as we have all seen, uses sunscreen. It's cheap, and does wonders down the line... hence if you start now, and you are 20 years old you won't look 105 years old by the time you reach the age of 30 from being in the sun without protection.

:biggrin:;)


MR, I love YSL Mascara and Dior Show by Christian Dior. Those two are the best.

ashelen 02-11-2008 12:12 AM

yes, Glittering Tiaras,there is out there some creams not so expensive, that's true, just the demabrassion and to go to have facials that it is a little more, can you explain me about Juvederm, what is it?
i had been victim of dental malpractice so i am so scare to go to places to have something done, i still suffering for what the dentist did to me.
but i would love to improve my skin i use sometimes a nice mask from the bacl sea, it is very good, but olive oil, i can not do it, it get on my nerves!

GlitteringTiaras 02-11-2008 01:17 AM

Juvederm is an injectable filler that lasts for a year, but many get touch ups, in small cc's, twice a year. It's better than Restalyne and Perlane.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the dentist, Ashelen. But fillers are not permanent, and eventually fade if one doesn't keep up with the it.

To get back on topc, I personally I don't believe Mary has had any fillers. Also, does anyone know what kind of make-up she uses?

Madame Royale 02-11-2008 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 728257)
To get back on topc, I personally I don't believe Mary has had any fillers. Also, does anyone know what kind of make-up she uses?

I don't believe she has either, GT. In my field of work I'm used to noticing the many women and men who have undergone cosmetic surgery (whether minor or otherwise) and Mary, from my observations, has undergone only non-ablative methods of skin rejuvenation.

ashelen 02-11-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 728257)
Juvederm is an injectable filler that lasts for a year, but many get touch ups, in small cc's, twice a year. It's better than Restalyne and Perlane.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the dentist, Ashelen. But fillers are not permanent, and eventually fade if one doesn't keep up with the it.

To get back on topc, I personally I don't believe Mary has had any fillers. Also, does anyone know what kind of make-up she uses?

Thank you for the info, I am looking to have something done and all the s uggestins here are great, we get informed, and this is good, Mary like the othe CP have beautiful smiles and teeth and I must say I would love to know their secrets with the teeth too! I used to have a great smile until a dentist ruin my smile and my life! back to the topic, do you think Mary or any of the others CP has anything done on her teets?

biboquinhas 02-11-2008 11:37 AM

I think one thing that most of royal and celebrities do is to blank their teeths, that will help a lot on their look! Joined with some of the best facial creams (La Mer, La Prairie,Guerlain) and she also must arrange her brows every day, that will do to a perfect look and a perfect skin.

Little_star 02-11-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 728253)
There are many affordable treatments for the average person. Furthermore, you can also open your 'fridge and find stuff that can help your skin. For example, Olive Oil. As gross as it sounds, Olive Oil does wonders for your skin. Some people use it after washing their hands while others use it to remove their eye make-up and use it as a light night cream/oil.

Oil is wonderful for your hair as well. Many women in the Indian sub-continent use it regularly on their skin and hair.

Although this is not as common anymore amongst the middle classes who tend to prefer Western products.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises