The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels General Discussion (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f132/)
-   -   Favourite Royal Tiaras 2 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f132/favourite-royal-tiaras-2-a-15733.html)

LadyK 02-02-2008 08:58 PM

Favourite Royal Tiaras 2
 
Welcome to the new thread for your Favorite Royal Tiaras! The previous thread can be found here.


Remember that absolutely no images can be attached to the thread unless you have written permission from the copyright holder. (for more information, see TRF's FAQs)

:crown3:Now on with the best tiaras!:crown3:

dazzling 03-06-2008 09:48 AM

These are my Favorite ones,
Fife -- Savoy Topaz -- Cp Mary's Ruby tiara (sorry no picture)
& the rest not really sure to which royal house they belong to:rolleyes:
Embrald -- Diamond -- Diamond 2

jcbcode99 03-06-2008 10:02 AM

Dazzling--I LOVE LOVE LOVE the second Diamond tiara, the little headband/bandeau (listed as Diamond 2). I cannot remember who belongs to that piece, though. Belgium, maybe?
Your emerald tiara you listed was Queen Victoria's, designed by her beloved Prince Albert. It is no longer in the hands of BRF but has passed to a descendent of Queen Victoria's, according to Munn.

kimebear 03-06-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 737773)
These are my Favorite ones,
Fife -- Savoy Topaz -- Cp Mary's Ruby tiara (sorry no picture)
& the rest not really sure to which royal house they belong to:rolleyes:
Embrald -- Diamond -- Diamond 2


The first diamond tiara is now in the possession of Princess Sybilla of Luxembourg. I'm looking for the provenance of the second one. Now where did I leave my GM bible.....

dazzling 03-06-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcbcode99 (Post 737776)
Dazzling--I LOVE LOVE LOVE the second Diamond tiara, the little headband/bandeau (listed as Diamond 2). I cannot remember who belongs to that piece, though. Belgium, maybe?

Oh now I remember, but could be wrong, but im pretty sure it belongs to Spain, Queen Sofia wore it a few times, didnt she?:ermm:

kimebear 03-06-2008 10:20 AM

The double bandeau tiara belonged to Queen Marie Jose:flowers:

dazzling 03-06-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimebear (Post 737781)
The double bandeau tiara belonged to Queen Marie Jose:flowers:

Was she Italian. I searched and came up with results Belgium & Italy.
Okay now I checked, Queen Sofias was similar but with rubies;)

Her_Majesty 03-06-2008 11:22 AM

This is my absolutely favourite Tiara:

The Grand Duchess Vladimir's Tiara
The Grand Duchess Vladimir's Tiara, c. 1870, Russian pictures from history photos on webshots


And the huge Emerald Tiara
Emerald & Diamond Tiara pictures from history photos on webshots

kimebear 03-06-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 737802)
Was she Italian. I searched and came up with results Belgium & Italy.
Okay now I checked, Queen Sofias was similar but with rubies;)


Born a Princess of Belgium, she was Italy's last queen with a reign of just a month. Excellent taste in jewels though.;)

Marengo 03-06-2008 12:48 PM

Was it only sold after MJ's death or before that? I can't recall seeing any of her daughters or her daughter-in-law wearing the double bandeau.
A pity that so many nice Belgian items went to Marie-Jose though, considering they all ended up being sold.

kimebear 03-06-2008 05:30 PM

To my knowledge, the double bandeau tiara was not part of the most recent auction by Princess Maria Gabriella. I'm not sure where it is right now. Unfortunate, because it is still such a lovely piece for a young woman.:sad:

jcbcode99 03-06-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 737803)
This is my absolutely favourite Tiara:

The Grand Duchess Vladimir's Tiara
http://image64.webshots.com/164/9/48...6TowhHK_fs.jpg

http://image53.webshots.com/53/3/44/...0zeLXwP_fs.jpg

Dear Your/Her Majesty (not sure what etiquitte would require in the form of a saluation, so I used both!)--
I thought that these were the Princess Paul of Yugoslavia's tiaras, she was of the Grand Duchess Vladimir's daughters, and she was Princess Marina's sister--but I thought the tiara was from her husband, Prince Paul of Yugoslavia--I'm not sure now--I shall have to consult with Mr. Munn, who has a glorious photo of this tiara in The Bible.

However, I would like to share my favorite Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara:
Royal Collection - Dress for the Occasion
I hope to see Camilla wearing the piece one day!

MARG 03-07-2008 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcbcode99 (Post 738014)
However, I would like to share my favorite Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara:
Royal Collection - Dress for the Occasion
I hope to see Camilla wearing the piece one day!

As you can see, I too absolutely adore this particular incarnation.

The pearls are a little reserved, almost chilly although the tiara with neither emeralds or pearls is also a favourite.

Yes, when the time comes I think Camilla will look wonderful, especially in the emeralds. :wub:

jcbcode99 03-09-2008 02:43 PM

I completely agree about this tiara! The pearls are a little reserved (and seen far too often, in my opinion), plain it is lovely but the emeralds, well, they are truly spectacular and make the tiara impressive. Imagine Camilla in this tiara with the emerald drop earrings----sigh........she'll be breathtaking.

randomlyKeira 08-26-2008 08:43 PM

I think I'm salavating from these jewels.

Elspeth 08-26-2008 10:57 PM

*hands Keira a tissue*

They really are impressive, aren't they? I agree that Camilla will be able to carry off that tiara, but it might be a bit too heavy-looking for Kate.

MARG 08-26-2008 11:50 PM

Assuming that Kate is the next Princess I absolutely agree that it would be too heavy for her. . . . . . .

However, I am reminded of Queen Desiree's glorious Ruby Parure. Now that is a serious suite of jewelry which I didn't expect to see the light of day for years if not decades. I knew that it had been left to Prince Frederik but I have to admit that until I actually saw Mary wearing it I was sure she wouldn't even try to wear it until she was a lot older.

Sure that she didn't have the necessary quantity "X" to carry it off with class, panache, style, call it what you will. Needless to say, such fears were totally unfounded. Perhaps Kate may yet surprise us all.

EmpressRouge 08-27-2008 10:06 PM

I've noticed Kate rarely puts her hair up. It always seems like she wears it down, even when wearing fancy hats. And she has pretty straight, flat hair. To carry off those fabulous big tiaras, you need a nice updo, or at least fuller hair even with Diana's short hairstyle.

randomlyKeira 08-27-2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth (Post 816118)
*hands Keira a tissue*

They really are impressive, aren't they? I agree that Camilla will be able to carry off that tiara, but it might be a bit too heavy-looking for Kate.

thanks Elspeth :flowers:

I agree about Kate and Camilla

MARG 08-28-2008 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmpressRouge (Post 816407)
I've noticed Kate rarely puts her hair up. It always seems like she wears it down, even when wearing fancy hats. And she has pretty straight, flat hair. To carry off those fabulous big tiaras, you need a nice updo, or at least fuller hair even with Diana's short hairstyle.

You are, of course, absolutely right. If Catherine had appeared at the "private" wedding wearing a killer "updo" with a fascinator worn a`la Prince Grace, we might have had an inkling of how she would carry off a tiara. A small tiara.

As it is, long fine hair straggling around shoulders with a fascinator plonked on top does not exude the aura of style, poise and confidence that wearing a tiara demands. I have my doubts that she could carry off any tiara of substance let alone one of our glorious "Favourite tiara's"!

It makes me shudder to think of it. Queen Elizabeth's fabulous "Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara" needs, nay demands a Royal carriage. That being said, I would hate to see it on anyone in the early years after her death as it has become the "Signature" piece of her 80th decade.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises