The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   British Royals (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   The Royal Christmas 2008-2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/the-royal-christmas-2008-2013-a-15608.html)

muriel 01-24-2008 09:05 AM

The Royal Christmas 2008-2013
 
Just thought it would be useful to hear what everybody thought would be the key changes to the royal christmas routine once Charles succeeds to the throbe. Also, would be interesting to get peoples views on changes on who might be invited to the royal christmas. Camilla's children will almost certainly be invited.

jcbcode99 01-24-2008 09:13 AM

I like to think of Charles as a traditional sort of man--his brothers and sister and their children have always spent Christmas together, I think they would probably try to continue to do so. And yes, I do believe Camilla's children would be invited as well.

Rebafan81 01-24-2008 11:02 AM

Great Thread
I also like to think it will be more open, if the boys aren't married by then, to bring along some friends. I don't think it will be as stuffy traditional when Charles is King. I think it will be less royal and more family.
I would like to think that Camilla family will be invited, even her siblings.

angela 01-24-2008 11:36 AM

I can't see Bearice and Eugenie spending Christmas with Charles over their mother. They make the sacrifice of not seeing Sarah on Cristmas Day for the sake of their Grandmother at the present time but I can't see them doing it for their Uncle and I doubt that Charles would care what they did as they don't seem at all close.

Bella 01-24-2008 12:33 PM

I agree it won't be as traditional and formal. I think people (like the York girls) will feel less obligated to be there and just might enjoy the holiday w other members of the family or in-laws. Same for Princess Anne and her family. I think it'll get much smaller once Wm and Harry start having children. Probably Chas. and Camilla, Wm and his family, Harry and his family, Camilla's children and their families. Maybe Prince Andrew (esp. if he's still single) and maybe The Wessexes. I can't see the Chattos or the Linleys going evey year.

andrew 01-24-2008 02:42 PM

.
 
Maybe Charles will invite Sarah, too!:flowers:

Or maybe....not!:ermm:

How was their relation during the years of her marriage with Andrew and after?

Roslyn 01-24-2008 09:55 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I'd get all misty if he did, 'cos I'm a big softy and I like those soppy Christmas get-back-together movies, but I have no idea what he thinks of her and he may well cringe at the very thought.:lol:

blondie28 01-24-2008 10:03 PM

Charles thought Sarah was great fun and that made Diana jealous. I know Sarah has said that after her divorce Charles has just excluded her, but I know they got on extremely well during her marriage. I don't think he will have any desire to see him at XMas.

muriel 01-29-2008 06:30 AM

Somehow I doubt if Charles will invite Sarah. She is very much from the past.... a past he would rather not remember!

I think invitees would probably be Charles and Camilla's respective children and grandchildren, the Yorks, Wessex's and Anne's family, and probably the Linley's and the Chatto's. Not sure if the Kents and Gloucesters would make the list. Similarly, not sure Camilla's own sister and family would make the list - they may be included in the New Year at Balmoral celebrations!

I think the York girls would continue to attend, as this would be on the ways in which they can continue to be relatively close to the throne, and be seen in the Press. I don't think the girls are particularly close to Will and Harry

BeatrixFan 01-29-2008 12:24 PM

I don't think it will change very much. I'd expect Princess Alexandra to always get an invite. Not only is she widowed now but she's always been close to Camilla so it makes sense that Alexandra would always be a permanent fixture.

scooter 01-29-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 720790)
Just thought it would be useful to hear what everybody thought would be the key changes to the royal christmas routine once Charles succeeds to the throbe. Also, would be interesting to get peoples views on changes on who might be invited to the royal christmas. Camilla's children will almost certainly be invited.

Wait! Are you saying her children and grandchildren have not been invited to Christmas since C and C married?! Wow! That would not be very nice. What ever transpired in the past, they are now part of the family. It would be rude not to invite Camilla's family, IMO. Why would they not be invited?

wymanda 01-31-2008 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 723177)
Wait! Are you saying her children and grandchildren have not been invited to Christmas since C and C married?! Wow! That would not be very nice. What ever transpired in the past, they are now part of the family. It would be rude not to invite Camilla's family, IMO. Why would they not be invited?

From what I've read Camilla has spent Christmas night and Boxing day with her children. Given the fact that she now has two granddaughters Tom & Laura may well be invited to join the festivities in coming years. Having said that, their respective spouses also have families with whom they would want to spend time and who would want to see the little girls at Christmas.

muriel 03-20-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan (Post 723040)
I don't think it will change very much. I'd expect Princess Alexandra to always get an invite. Not only is she widowed now but she's always been close to Camilla so it makes sense that Alexandra would always be a permanent fixture.

I agree with you,m BeatrixFan alexandra will continue to be invited because of her closeness to Camilla

KingCharles 03-23-2008 06:39 AM

I thought this thread was more going to be about the Christmas Broadcast.
An idea I think would be good for this broadcast would be to involve all the members of the Royal family but with the King, obviously, being centre-stage, but having a more dynamic role in this broadcast so as to touch on everybody's interests.

iowabelle 03-25-2008 03:50 PM

Perhaps Camilla's children feel they couldn't truly enjoy Christmas if they had to obey royal protocol, instead of having a nice little family Christmas. After all, Christmas is about family, and your children are the stars. You'd especially want the little ones to feel free to enjoy themselves, rather than having to sit neatly with their hands on their laps and NOT TOUCHING ANYTHING.

serenissima 04-20-2008 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowabelle (Post 745954)
Perhaps Camilla's children feel they couldn't truly enjoy Christmas if they had to obey royal protocol, instead of having a nice little family Christmas. After all, Christmas is about family, and your children are the stars. You'd especially want the little ones to feel free to enjoy themselves, rather than having to sit neatly with their hands on their laps and NOT TOUCHING ANYTHING.

Maybe, the Prince of Wales (or then the HM the King) and HRH the Princess Consort will spend their Christmas Day at the Sandringham House with the immediate members of the Royal Family. The Princess Consort's children will probably spend their Chrsitmas with their own spouses & children (the grandchildren of the Princess Consort) and maybe with Mr Parker Bowles.

Princess B 04-21-2008 12:20 PM

i doubt much will change

charles seems to be very tradionalist....

serenissima 04-21-2008 05:49 PM

Oh, apparently, they eat the Prince of Wales' Duchy Originals organic turkey for their Christmas dinner. Oh dear ! I wonder if they have to eat his organic Christmas pudding, too ? His Christmas pudding is lovely but I still prefer my own, I must say.

Elspeth 04-21-2008 05:50 PM

Maybe you should send him one...

muriel 12-17-2008 11:52 AM

Query whether the venue for the royal christmas celebrations would shift from Sandringham to Windsor, or even Balmoral?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises