The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f197/)
-   -   The Anna-Maria Foundation (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f197/the-anna-maria-foundation-1559.html)

GreekBoy1981 12-26-2003 05:29 AM

The Anna-Maria Foundation

Hello , I want to ask your opinions about the Anna-Maria Foundation

I think it is a very good subject to talk about . I personally think that King Constantine will have great success with that Foundation , and yes, there are many peoples that need His Majesty's help !

I am waiting to hear opinions ...lol~~

CD. 12-26-2003 06:12 AM

I think it's a very good PR ploy from the King but I don't know whether the Greeks will appreciate it at all. It was a smart move to name it after his wife, as I know she is well liked by the Greeks.

Lia 12-26-2003 08:02 AM

I think that the Anna-Maria Foundation will help people.....but Greeks will always be suspicious of the motives :unsure: Its like Queen Frederica, she helped poor girls,orphans,went all over Greece to suport soldiers during the War......and still many accuse her these days.

cuervo 12-26-2003 11:28 AM

You are absolutely right Lia...non-thankfulness is a clearly a Greek sport!!Aside that, it is up to the people that will work for the foundation..I mean, how honest they will be onto what they do!Good and senciere work on foundations chosen targets,will make a perfect reputation for the Institution, and then acceptance:I have many examples of Institutions that worked in Greece and people loved them!Iam talking about Papafi Foundation,Ahepan's,e.t.c!After all thereis no war in greece now!!

GreekBoy1981 12-26-2003 04:22 PM

Dear Cuervo you are absolutely right ! I agree at this with you .

Anyway thanks for replying in my post !!!!

Sincerelly yours

Zisis

BELTRANEJA 01-30-2009 05:16 PM

In the news on January 17 in Falasia, Arcadia.
In the official website this week have put two photos of it.
I only can see the second picture. .

-

The foundation Ann Maria donated vehicles for fighting the fire to the Association HEllenic Rescue , it was the model Unimog of company Mercedes

Helen Anna 08-21-2010 01:46 PM

Where is this Foundation based? Vaduz,Liechtenstein?

Lumutqueen 08-21-2010 02:32 PM

London surely seeing as that is where they spend most of the time.

roimat 08-21-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1126786)
London surely seeing as that is where they spend most of the time.

No, not ar all! They have rented offices in Athens, at the suberbs.

Lumutqueen 08-21-2010 05:12 PM

So that's where the headquarters are? Shouldn't it be where the couple spends most of their time?

roimat 08-21-2010 05:35 PM

The Foundation was found in order to help people in Greece. So, it has to be here, in Greece. There are people who take care about the Foundation here in Greece.

Helen Anna 08-21-2010 06:01 PM

Thank you both for your replies.I thought it was in Vaduz because of the tax system there.

roimat 08-21-2010 06:37 PM

In the papers, maybe in Vaduz, but it's offices are in Greece:-)

Odette 08-23-2010 08:09 AM

:previous: You are correct. The Foundation has been registered in Liechtenstein.

Nikolopoulus 08-23-2010 09:12 AM

No this is not true Odette, the foundation's headquarters are in London and in Athens have a office that will be moved to a new one.

Odette 08-23-2010 11:40 AM

:previous: The Foundation is registered in Liechtenstein as a charitable organization. Offices can be anywhere and can be moved around but the registration remains in Liechtenstein. Please check the Royal family's website to confirm this.:flowers:

roimat 08-30-2010 04:27 AM

I agree with Odette. The offices of the Foundation are in Maroussi, near the Olympic Stadium of Athens.

Stefanie 08-30-2010 05:10 AM

As far as I know the foundation never gives money to people who need help. They only give "things" (like cars or so, but youll never know whether they indeed took the money out of the foundation to buy the cars....)). This foundation reminds me of the US-movie "The fortune cookie" with Lemmon/Matthau. I believe (specially since it is registered in Liechtenstein....:cool:) that the former Greek royal family puts all the money into their own pockets....
To establish a foundation means most of the time that this money is supposed to stay at its owner and has to increase instead of "spending" it to people who are needy. Its just a tax-trick.

roimat 08-30-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefanie (Post 1131082)
As far as I know the foundation never gives money to people who need help. They only give "things" (like cars or so, but youll never know whether they indeed took the money out of the foundation to buy the cars....)). This foundation reminds me of the US-movie "The fortune cookie" with Lemmon/Matthau. I believe (specially since it is registered in Liechtenstein....:cool:) that the former Greek royal family puts all the money into their own pockets....
To establish a foundation means most of the time that this money is supposed to stay at its owner and has to increase instead of "spending" it to people who are needy. Its just a tax-trick.

To give "thinks" means that you must have some money to buy those thinks. The AM Foundation has already donated fire brigade vehicles to Firemen in Greece and other equipment, and also gave help to a village burned from the 2007 fires in Greece.

Zonk 08-30-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefanie (Post 1131082)

Do you have anything in print that supports your thoughts? Most foundations that I know of don't put money into the owner's pockets but actually help people. Of course, sometimes the overhead is a little high but that doesn't mean its all going to the owner.