The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Ingrid Alexandra's Birthday: Pictures and Articles (all years) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/ingrid-alexandras-birthday-pictures-and-articles-all-years-15563.html)

KikkiB 01-21-2005 02:48 AM

Ingrid Alexandra's Birthday: Pictures and Articles (all years)

Hurrah for Ingrid Alexandra!

Princess Ingrid Alexandra turns 1 years old. 21st January.

The day will be celebrated with a family party at Skaugum.

Since the birth the Norwegian people could have followed the little prinecss’ developement.

The first official picture was taken by dad when the heir was only a few hours old. And no doubt this was a daddys girl. The little baby was the spitting image of her dad as a newborn.

Her first official TV-appearance the little princess had 11 days old. Dressed in a white pair of rompers (overall) she met the press at Skaugum, and accepted both flashes and bright TV lights without making a sound.

During the christening in the palace chappel three months later the public heard that there really was sound in the little lady. Dressed in here great grandfather, King Olavs more than 100 years old christening dress, she screamed highly on her grandfathers arm when she was christened by bishop Gunnar Stålsett. Later there have been a lot of pictures of the little princess, that with her joyful being and her big brown eyes charms everyone she mets. (NTB)

I found this article on www.nrk.no and I translated it myself, so its not very good, but it conveys its meaning I think!

norwegianne 01-21-2005 07:02 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Pictures taken yesterday:

SCANPIX

norwegianne 01-21-2005 07:05 AM

7 Attachment(s)
More pictures:

SCANPIX

norwegianne 01-21-2005 07:08 AM

4 Attachment(s)
And the four last pictures from VG's series/SCANPIX

I kind of like the second one best. Ingrid Alexandra has developed a character of her own, and you can see she's going to have a sense of humour when she grows up. (And has one already.)

Happy birthday to Ingrid Alexandra.

Lena 01-21-2005 07:14 AM

Thanks for the pictures, norwegianne.
I wonder if those pictures are the official birthday pictures, or if we also get to see pictures of Ingrid Alexandra inside (getting gifts, trying to blow out the candle on the cake). Well, I could understand, if Haakon and MM would want to keep that private. It was already very nice of them, that they have shared so many pictures of Ingrid´s first year with us.
Nice to see that Marius (with a cute tooth space, it seems) is so very fond of his younger half sister and cares for her. No sign of jealousy. Haakon and MM are great parents!

norwegianne 01-21-2005 07:15 AM

Royal Sledding

(VG Nett) Princess Ingrid Alexandra enjoyed the sledding at Skaugum with her big brother Marius yesterday.

As all other families with a one year old, the parents and grandparents were obviously charmed asunder. Ingrid Alexandra seemed to enjoy the sled, some on her own, and some with her big brother safely behind.

Today marks the one year anniversary of Ingrid Alexandra's birth, and the birthday will be celebrated with a family party at Skaugum.

Mummy Mette-Marit will be travelling to Malawi in Africa on Sunday, to study the HIV/AIDS-work in the country. Daddy Haakon will stay home to look after the two children.

NTB: http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=263530

norwegianne 01-21-2005 07:29 AM

at: http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/innenriks/...t/4442662.html you can also find a video of the thing. You can also find a link to, what I suspect is a home-video, of Ingrid Alexandra playing (Ingrid Alexandra leker) with her toys inside there. You'll need a registration to be able to view the videos, but it is free.

Lena 01-21-2005 08:28 AM

Thank you so much for the link to the videos...this is too cute. I really recommend to register and watch it (especially the one of Ingrid Alexandra playing)

norwegianne 01-21-2005 09:39 AM

Aftenposten.no (http://www.aftenposten.no/spesial/bi...55.ece?start=1) has a pictorial of Ingrid Alexandra's first year. As the pictures have been posted on this site already, I saw no reason to double-post them.

lucys 01-21-2005 10:00 AM

What fantastic photos! Wonderful! This little princess is, for me, the very cutest of all the little royal babies. What a doll!

Alexandria 01-21-2005 10:44 AM

Very adorable pictures -- thank you for sharing them norwegianne! :)

The picture of Ingrid Alexanda on the sled with her stuffed animal sitting behind her is priceless!

Wish I could have a hat like Ingrid Alexandra's! :p

Mandy 01-21-2005 12:11 PM

Great pictures Norwegianne. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Gabriella 01-21-2005 12:41 PM

Those pictures are absolutely adorable. Thank you for posting them.

My favorite is the one of Ingrid and Marius sitting on the sled together and she is looking back at him. Too cute.

Alexandria 01-21-2005 01:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Additional pictures of Ingrid Alexandra's first birthday.

Courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB. :)
The picture of Ingrid Alexandra lying sprawled on her tummy is adorable!

ETA: Pictures from ANB

Dennism 01-21-2005 01:34 PM

Baby+ Teddy Bear= Cute. Supper cute. Wonderful photos. Thanks for posting them.

Sue- 01-21-2005 01:37 PM

The pictures are very cute! Thanks also from me for posting them :D
She makes everyone smiling.

Dennism 01-21-2005 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandria
Additional pictures of Ingrid Alexandra's first birthday.

Courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB. :)
The picture of Ingrid Alexandra lying sprawled on her tummy is adorable!

Thanks for these photos. She looks so cute there. I like that look of wonder or bemusement in the first photo.

KikkiB 01-21-2005 04:26 PM

I really love the photo when both Marius and Ingrid Alexandra are sitting on the sleigh and she has turned her head back to look at Marius. Prizeless!! And I wonder if there will be a crisis if the teddy is misplaced:) She must love it dearly since it comes along everywhere:D

Lena 01-21-2005 06:50 PM

On the homepage of the norwegian Royal court you can watch (part of) the video clip of Ingrid Alexandra playing, without registering:

http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehus...=2&gid=569&aid=

I love it, that the Royal courts also starts to publish clips on their homepages, that´s the future.

Larzen 01-21-2005 07:26 PM

7 Attachment(s)
And as you can see the Teddy bear is featured promenetly also in that video:D

Here are more of the pictures taken inside Skaugum
1-5 from ANB 6-7 from kongehuset.no

marezdote 01-21-2005 07:31 PM

You have to register to see it but at nrk.no there's a video of her playing the snow with her brother, parents, and grandparents.

GrandDuchess 01-22-2005 11:09 AM

Absolutely wonderful pictures! I love her little apple blossom cheeks! :D Thanks for posting them. And yes Lena, I agree - posting different kinds of media (like film clips) on the official websites is the future - or so I hope.

Dennism 01-22-2005 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
And as you can see the Teddy bear is featured promenetly also in that video:D

Yeah. Teddy Bears Rock! Bears rock too!

Danielle 01-22-2005 03:43 PM

Oh, she's so cute, and she must love that Teddy Bear. Thanks Lena for the video, and thanks Larzen for the photos.

Ennyllorac 01-22-2005 04:50 PM

She is a beautiful little girl.

Nichola 01-22-2005 05:26 PM

The pictures are really cute!

My favourite has got to be the one where she's looking back at Marius on the sledge, she must love her big brother.

Although I've always thought she looks a lot like Haakon, I can see a few resemblances to Mette-Marit in some of the photos, particularly the one where she's lying on her tummy and laughing. I think it must be the expression of her laughing?

Bubbette 01-23-2005 11:11 AM

But why are they giving her juice in a bottle! It rots your teeth!

kinneret5764 01-23-2005 11:15 AM

What a pretty little girl!

pdas1201 01-23-2005 11:37 AM

10 Attachment(s)
more pics from anb.no

Happy Birthday to the cutest princess. May God Bless Her...

juliamontague 01-23-2005 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinneret5764
What a pretty little girl!

Am I the only one who can't watch the video?????

pdas1201 01-23-2005 11:38 AM

5 Attachment(s)
some more...

ETA: Pictures from ANB

norwegianne 01-23-2005 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliamontague
Am I the only one who can't watch the video?????

Which of the videos aren't you able to watch?

Anita 01-23-2005 01:15 PM

Thank you all for these beautiful pictures !
Ingrid Alexandra is just ADORABLE !! :) :) :)

pdas1201 01-23-2005 06:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
More pics from January 21, 2005--Ingrid Alexandra's first Birthday

ETA: Pictures from Viennareport

SpiffyBallerina 01-23-2005 07:21 PM

This little girl is going to be a heatbreaker! She's SOOOOOOO cute, and my does she look like her daddy!:)

-Kathleen

Merca 01-24-2005 07:44 AM

In my opinion she looks like her mother.

juliamontague 01-24-2005 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne
Which of the videos aren't you able to watch?

the video at the official homepage of the royal family

Chatleen 01-24-2005 09:42 AM

Quote:

the video at the official homepage of the royal family

I can't watch that video either, but at NRK.no I have no problems.

Go to:

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/innenriks/...t/4442662.html

And choose: 'Prinsessens første aketur' and 'Prinsessen leker på Skaugum'

:)

memel 01-25-2005 05:51 PM

Quote:

at: http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/innenriks/...t/4442662.html you can also find a video of the thing. You can also find a link to, what I suspect is a home-video, of Ingrid Alexandra playing (Ingrid Alexandra leker) with her toys inside there. You'll need a registration to be able to view the videos, but it is free.

Hello,
I am new to the boards but I must admit that I have been prowling for months and finally decided to join. I lived in Europe and have a fascination with the lifestyles and cultures of many of the countries. Also I love little Ingrid. She is the cutest baby and I love how close everyone seems to be in the family.
I have tried to log on to www.nrk.no in roder to see the videos but since i dont understand any norwegian i am having trouble registering. if anyone could help, that would be great.
Thanks

Dennism 01-25-2005 06:01 PM

Welcome to the forum. Yes, that little IA is especially adorable in the videos.

norwegianne 01-25-2005 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memel
Hello,
I am new to the boards but I must admit that I have been prowling for months and finally decided to join. I lived in Europe and have a fascination with the lifestyles and cultures of many of the countries. Also I love little Ingrid. She is the cutest baby and I love how close everyone seems to be in the family.
I have tried to log on to www.nrk.no in roder to see the videos but since i dont understand any norwegian i am having trouble registering. if anyone could help, that would be great.
Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forums.
I have made a special post about how to register at NRK: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...555#post168555
So, if there are any further questions to exactly how to do it, please ask them there.

pdas1201 01-25-2005 08:03 PM

You can also watch a video of Ingrid Alexandra at the Royal Family website

Cute video of the adorable princess playing at her house...

http://www.kongehuset.no/video/HKH_P...ra_160x120.mov

pepperann 01-25-2005 08:08 PM

She's becoming more and more adorable! So cute! ^_^

kirstengrafin 01-26-2005 09:06 AM

An article about Ingrid Alexandra in Hello! :)

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...rincessingrid/

norwegianne 01-26-2005 09:29 AM

Okay... when did Ingrid Alexandra celebrate her first birthday in Copenhagen? Am I the only one really out of touch, or is it something in the water of the Hello offices?

Granted the little girl has globetrotted a bit more than others her age, but that doesn't mean she does it all the time, Hello.

juliamontague 01-26-2005 01:47 PM

Thanks
Julia

KikkiB 01-26-2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

Okay... when did Ingrid Alexandra celebrate her first birthday in Copenhagen? Am I the only one really out of touch, or is it something in the water of the Hello offices?

Granted the little girl has globetrotted a bit more than others her age, but that doesn't mean she does it all the time, Hello.

I find it highly unlikely that Princess Ingrid Alexandra celebrated any part of her birthday in Copenhagen. I'd guess they had a little family get-together with a cake and gifts at Skaugum. It hasn't been mentioned in any Norwegian media. And I think a lot of Norwegians would have been upset if the Princess was to celebrate her first birhday abroad. And there isn't mentioned anything about it at www.kongehuset.no as far as I can see. I don't think either of her parents have had any engagements (officially anyway) in Copenhagen this month.

So my conclusion is that www.hellomagazine.com isn't a particularly reliable when it comes to Royal facts. I've seen several times that they have often had a few wrong/misinterpreted facts in their Royal articles.

hrhcp 01-27-2005 02:32 PM

Quote:

Ingrid Alexandra celebrate her first birthday in Copenhagen? Am I the only one really out of touch

I don't recall seeing anything of an "official" nature that said she was going to visit Copenhagen on her birthday.

Did you see the cute video of Ingrid on the royal norwegian webpage?

(By the way, your comment sounds supportive of Hello ... to raise readership circulation, and could it be said that its succeeded with you? ;) )

ILoveCristina 01-30-2005 06:57 AM

When I saw the photos of her first birthday, it was said they had been taken at Skaugum (in the gardens and inside).

norwegianne 01-30-2005 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveCristina
When I saw the photos of her first birthday, it was said they had been taken at Skaugum (in the gardens and inside).

See, that's what the photos said when I saw them first as well. ;)

hrhcp 01-31-2005 01:23 PM

Quote:

See, that's what the photos said when I saw them first as well. ;)

ah ... sorry, and you assumed with the spelling of Skaugum that it was ... so to speak not in Norway?

norwegianne 01-31-2005 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrhcp
ah ... sorry, and you assumed with the spelling of Skaugum that it was ... so to speak not in Norway?

No, I was referring to the Hello Article... which was filled with errors. It said that Ingrid Alexandra had celebrated her birthday with a trip to Copenhagen. Hello seems to have a few too many errors these days, I think.

KikkiB 02-01-2005 01:39 AM

Quote:

No, I was referring to the Hello Article... which was filled with errors. It said that Ingrid Alexandra had celebrated her birthday with a trip to Copenhagen. Hello seems to have a few too many errors these days, I think.

I totally agree with you! Hello magazine online do have too many errors :mad: And that is a bit stupid, because a lot of people read it, and get the wrong impression of things.

monos26 02-10-2005 03:50 PM

If there's one thing EVERYONE knows about babies...

They're BALD!

fanletizia 01-20-2006 11:40 AM

Ingrid Alexandra's 2nd, 3th, 4th, 5th and 6th Birthday: Pictures and Articles

1 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 20-01-2006 Handout picture from The Norwegian Royal Castle released Friday Jan 20 2006 showing Princess Ingrid Alexandra who will celebrate her 2nd birthday on Saturday, Jan. 21st 2006

suPeRgiRL! 01-20-2006 11:43 AM

Ingrid-Alexandra is a cute resemblence of Prince Haakon.. Don't you think? :D

lilytornado 01-20-2006 11:44 AM

I think she's really cute. I Love her dark eyes!

fanletizia 01-20-2006 11:49 AM

She reminds me Queen Sonja :o

norwegianne 01-20-2006 12:00 PM

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/459...etno0jj.th.jpg
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8...etno0en.th.jpg
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1...etno0vv.th.jpg

Pictures taken from Kongehuset.no, and photographer is Jo Michael.

I'm partial to the one with the rose.

Gillian 01-20-2006 12:05 PM

Very cute girl, and very resemblence of father prince Haakon

Princejohnny25 01-20-2006 12:20 PM

She is so cute, I love her facial expressions. She has the prettiest eyes IMO. She looks so much like her father.

corazon 01-20-2006 12:31 PM

ingrid alexandra is beautiful! she look excatly like haakon! but have some facial expressions of mette marit.

photofan 01-20-2006 12:46 PM

Her eyes are just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

photofan 01-20-2006 12:53 PM

I think that's the same dress and same shirt from the day of the interview.
Don't you think?

Emi 01-20-2006 01:09 PM

Thanks norwegianne for the photos. I remember when I-A was born CP Haakon said she was the most beautiful little girl in the world. While he might have just been a little biased (lol), I-A is definitely a beautiful (and cute) child!

Lena 01-20-2006 01:14 PM

Aaaawww, she´s a pretty child!
Thank you for posting these pics. I also wonder, if this is the same outfit as during the interview And if the pics were made the same day :confused:

Alexandria 01-20-2006 01:16 PM

Thank you everyone for the photos! Ingrid Alexandra looks very wise and mature for a two-year old!

photofan 01-20-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena
I wonder, if this is the same outfit as during the interview And if the pics were made the same day :confused:

I think it's the same outfit but not the same day:confused:

kwanfan 01-20-2006 01:30 PM

She is such an incredibly adorable child! Great Pictures!

carlota 01-20-2006 01:41 PM

nice to know about ingrid! she looks sweet in those photos. i was surprised to how much she resembles haakon, it's incredible. she is just a copy of him: those big brown eyes, the form and colour of the face and the hair...

does anyone know if all the family are going to pose sometime for her birthday as they did last year in the snow? :)

norwegianne 01-20-2006 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota
does anyone know if all the family are going to pose sometime for her birthday as they did last year in the snow? :)

These pictures were sent out as birthday pictures, so I suppose not.

iceflower 01-20-2006 04:10 PM

Thanks for posting these great pics! I would have liked seeing more pics on her birthday as well, but nevertheless those pics are a good solution :)

lise 01-20-2006 09:40 PM

Nice pics, She looks like Haakon and she's such an alert child for her age.

Happy Birthday Ingrid Alexandra.:)

iceflower 01-21-2006 12:41 AM

I noticed that the pics contain the information that they were taken on the 8th of december, so they were taken during the interview, I think.
Happy birthday Ingrid, have a great day! :)

kwanfan 01-21-2006 12:52 AM

Happy Birthday to Ingrid Alexandra!

Ingrid Alexandra 01-21-2006 04:34 AM

Happy Birthday Ingrid Alexandra!!!!

LaChicaMadrilena 01-21-2006 05:08 AM

Happy Birthday!!!
:) :) :)

berlen 01-21-2006 05:22 AM

HAPPY BIRTHADAY INGRID ALEXANDRA!!!!!!!!!
FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS!!!!!

norwegianne 01-21-2006 05:30 AM

Happy birthday indeed. I'm sure that Marius, and the grandparents are making some festivities for her today as well. I hope so.

Lucidu 01-21-2006 06:41 AM

Happy birthday Ingrid Alexandra!!!!!!!!!:) :)

hilal 01-21-2006 06:59 AM

Happy Birthday
Ingrid Alexandra!

LaMinka 01-21-2006 07:02 AM

Gratulerer med dagen Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra!
Håper du får en fin dag!

(Happy Birthday Princess Ingrid Alexandra!
I hope you get a nice day.)

and btw.. Thanks for the great pictures! She's so cute!

Eliza 01-21-2006 09:37 AM

Happy Birthday Princess Ingrid Alexandra!!!
She has a very expressive face and her eyes just melts one's heart.

skaldicnorthe 01-21-2006 11:03 AM

She is so cute...
Happy birthday, little one!

Princess Luna 01-21-2006 01:29 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY INGRID ALEXANDRA.

Larzen 01-21-2006 02:04 PM

There is also released a video, I cant watch it so I dont know what it contains, hopefully something nice;) , maybe someone can make some screen caps
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehus...=2&gid=569&aid=

Valhalla 01-21-2006 02:11 PM

Happy birthday Ingrid Alexandra! Måtte du ha en strålende dag:)

Lena 01-21-2006 02:19 PM

The video shows normal family scenes. Mette Marit watches with Ingrid a book, they play a wooden puzzle together, Marius draws a picture for mummy, Ingrid kisses her brother and the siblings sit together. VERY NORMAL and therefore VERY CUTE!!!
Here is a little preview for you, Larzen (and of course for all others as well):
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1276/caps0gy.jpg

norwegianne 01-21-2006 02:24 PM

How cute.

Marius to Haakon: Shall I draw the camera man?
Haakon: Do that.

The book Mette-Marit is reading to Ingrid Alexandra is actually very popular for children in that age - there is even a book later in the series where Karsten and Petra (the main characters in the series) go to Oslo on May 17 (constitution day) and look up at the balcony at the Royal Family.

moosey60 01-21-2006 03:53 PM

7 Attachment(s)
More screencaps.

I really like how they're doing birthday videos for Ingrid. I hope they do this for Sverre too. It's really fun to watch her grow up. And now she can say "mamma" and something that sounds like "dedda". Marius looks every bit the proud older brother. Sverre is very adorable too.

juliamontague 01-21-2006 03:54 PM

What does it say what Marius wrote?

corazon 01-21-2006 04:01 PM

sverre is sooooooo beatiful, he a had a face soo sweet

moosey60 01-21-2006 04:02 PM

Juliamontague: Marius wrote "To Mommy and Haakon".
---------------

Aaaah! It sounds like Mette-Marit says "one more time!" to Ingrid after she kisses Sverre but Ingrid seems to mumble "nej" and pushes Sverre away but Marius says "jooo". Ahahaha, hilarious.

Princess Luna 01-21-2006 04:03 PM

Quote:

What does it say what Marius wrote?

To Haakon and mammy:)

kwanfan 01-21-2006 04:07 PM

The picture of Ingrid holding Sverre is precious. She has such a look of wonder on her face. Sverre looks very grown up for such a young baby. Marius seems to get along wonderful with his siblings. Such a wonderful family!

norwegianne 01-21-2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosey60
More screencaps.

I really like how they're doing birthday videos for Ingrid. I hope they do this for Sverre too. It's really fun to watch her grow up. And now she can say "mamma" and something that sounds like "dedda". Marius looks every bit the proud older brother. Sverre is very adorable too.

Actually she's either saying "ditt-dei" (titt-tei) which is something like peekabo, or she's saying beibei (baby), I think.

Haakon's comment on the end is also really precious:"You three look very much alike."

moosey60 01-21-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Actually she's either saying "ditt-dei" (titt-tei) which is something like peekabo, or she's saying beibei (baby), I think.

Haakon's comment on the end is also really precious:"You three look very much alike."

Heh, I stand corrected! :) Now that I listen to it again, I agree with you. I think she says "ditt-dei" because Mette-Marit repeats what Ingrid says.

iceflower 01-21-2006 04:33 PM

Moosey and Lena, thank you so much for the screencaps, my computer does not allow me to see the video, so you made my day with that! Thanks! :)

juliamontague 01-21-2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosey60
Juliamontague: Marius wrote "To Mommy and Haakon".
---------------

Aaaah! It sounds like Mette-Marit says "one more time!" to Ingrid after she kisses Sverre but Ingrid seems to mumble "nej" and pushes Sverre away but Marius says "jooo". Ahahaha, hilarious.

Thanks , how cute

Alisa 01-21-2006 08:09 PM

Awww..What a precious family. :)