The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princely Family of Monaco (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   Daily Life & Routines of the Princely Family of Monaco? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/daily-life-and-routines-of-the-princely-family-of-monaco-15455.html)

HRH Abigail 01-10-2008 01:36 AM

Daily Life & Routines of the Princely Family of Monaco?

As I posted in the Imperial Family of Japan Forum, I am also curious to know HOW this family conducts its day to day affairs, of a NON-state nature or what a typical day (if there is such a thing?) of members of Monaco's Princely Family entails, please.

You know, when do they get up in the AM? What do they do? What do they eat? Do they cook at all for themselves? Do they shop? Run errands? And, what do they do in the evenings when ... Duty does NOT call?

I have always wondered about how people of this Stature and upbringing really live, and how cloistered they truly are.

Thank you.
I hope my curiosity isn't too spooky :rofl:. I don't intend for it, to be.

-- Abbie

libra65 01-12-2008 05:12 PM

Sorry Abbie. This probably isn't a subject too many of us know about and that is probably the way palace security wants it. I have read in the forum that Stephanie can sometimes be seen walking her dog or walking her youngest child home from school though.

CasiraghiTrio 01-12-2008 05:18 PM

I have no idea about Stephanie or Caroline, but over the years, Albert has let little tidbits be known here and there. Recently he has said that he still runs every morning and his typical day is filled with meetings. In the same interview (it was for the promotion of his foundation) he said that he rarely has time for even checking email, when asked if he does much blogging and stuff online. :smile:

HRH Abigail 01-13-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libra65 (Post 715374)
Sorry Abbie. This probably isn't a subject too many of us know about and that is probably the way palace security wants it. I have read in the forum that Stephanie can sometimes be seen walking her dog or walking her youngest child home from school though.

... when I started this very same Thread under to Japan's Royal Family Forum, too. ;)

But, then "Poppy" came forward with all sorts of informationa and useful links, for me (for us!) to read and enjoy, under my Thread there! She had some great finds, really!

Oh, I AGREE that the Palaces don't want it broadcast how their own live, for security reasons -- I get that totally ... but, usually here someone knows something, or can sleuth out something on the Web that's useful, entertaining, informative for us.

Or, so I have found to be that case.

--- Abbie :flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 715377)
I have no idea about Stephanie or Caroline, but over the years, Albert has let little tidbits be known here and there. Recently he has said that he still runs every morning and his typical day is filled with meetings. In the same interview (it was for the promotion of his foundation) he said that he rarely has time for even checking email, when asked if he does much blogging and stuff online. :smile:

THANKS for this, Casiraghi!

Mmmmm, makes you wonder WHAT meetings he fills his day with, huh?

Monaco being such a small "country" and all ...

--- Abbie

LadyMacAlpine 01-13-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH Abigail (Post 714266)
You know, when do they get up in the AM? What do they do? What do they eat? Do they cook at all for themselves? Do they shop? Run errands? And, what do they do in the evenings when ... Duty does NOT call?

In an interview Albert said he gets up or did at 8:30 I think it was. Makes his own breakfast of a 3 egg white omelet with the raw yolks on top, tea and the chef makes oat meal sometimes. He cooks for his friends. Has a TV in his room that he watched from bed as he goes over papers from the day, asleep around 1:00. Unless its an official function he prefers to drive himself. He use to run and work out. We've seen photo's of him with his trainer in the Palace gardens.
There's been pictures posted of Stephanie grocery shopping and Caroline shopping and one of her cooking.

HRH Abigail 01-13-2008 11:31 PM

Thank you, Lady McAlpine :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine (Post 715885)
In an interview Albert said he gets up or did at 8:30 I think it was. Makes his own breakfast of a 3 egg white omelet with the raw yolks on top, tea and the chef makes oat meal sometimes. He cooks for his friends. Has a TV in his room that he watched from bed as he goes over papers from the day, asleep around 1:00. Unless its an official function he prefers to drive himself. He use to run and work out. We've seen photo's of him with his trainer in the Palace gardens.
There's been pictures posted of Stephanie grocery shopping and Caroline shopping and one of her cooking.

Man, this is all fun stuff to know ... Maybe because I am American, and wasn't raised with and around Royalty, do I find this sort of knowledge more interesting than many might ...

Say, where can one find Pics of Stephanie and Caroline going about their daily activities, please?

Thanks again, for sharing this with me,

-- Abbie

Lakshmi 01-14-2008 12:11 AM

Lady MacAlpine, thank you for posting this information about Albert's daily routine. I remember reading article, here at our forum, where Albert described his day.

I wish I could see those pics of Caro and Steph doing grocery shopping and cooking.

CasiraghiTrio 01-14-2008 12:35 AM

There is a thread here, I think the heading is something like "Shopping with the Grimaldis" that has some really fun pictures of Caroline and Stephanie grocery shopping. I haven't been in that thread for a couple of years now but remember how fun it was to randomly stumble on it and see such pics. Do a search for it. It's a good time. :biggrin:

HRHAmy 01-18-2008 10:57 PM

Here is a link to an interview with Prince Albert. The reporter asked him what his day is like and he had a short answer which was cute, he said "you don't want to know, there are too many meetings." I hope this helps! I wish we did have more info.

YouTube - S.A.S. Prince Albert II de Monaco first video podcast

HRH Abigail 01-19-2008 01:10 PM

ANY little bit of information is helpful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHAmy (Post 718217)
Here is a link to an interview with Prince Albert. The reporter asked him what his day is like and he had a short answer which was cute, he said "you don't want to know, there are too many meetings." I hope this helps! I wish we did have more info.

This IS helpful, thank you Amy!

Any lil bit of information is better than none at all ... Yes, right you are, would that we knew everything about The Royals, huh? About all these meetings he allegedly attends ... Well, the Rags certainly do pic Albert frolicking about alot with The Lovelies, too. He's got to settle down one of these years, I dare say. He's obligated, now that he is the Head Honcho.

-- Abbie :flowers:

HRH Abigail 01-19-2008 01:15 PM

I wanted to add this, as well ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHAmy (Post 718217)

INTERESTING, most how Albert speaks English with ... an American Accent, while Caroline sounds a bit British, and Stephanie (sounds) almost like an L.A.-area "Valley Girl"!

Also, notice how he speaks ... Very clipped and almost ill-at-ease appearing, IMHO.

michelle 01-19-2008 02:46 PM

As for Stephanie's exercising routine ; she swims about 2 miles every morning.

LadyMacAlpine 01-19-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH Abigail (Post 718414)
INTERESTING, most how Albert speaks English with ... an American Accent, while Caroline sounds a bit British, and Stephanie (sounds) almost like an L.A.-area "Valley Girl"!

Also, notice how he speaks ... Very clipped and almost ill-at-ease appearing, IMHO.

Albert and Stephanie both lived in the States for a while and Albert would attend camp here in the summer when young. Caroline also went to school in England.

HRH Abigail 01-19-2008 08:11 PM

Yow-za!

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle (Post 718451)
As for Stephanie's exercising routine ; she swims about 2 miles every morning.

Holy Cow! :eek:

Small wonder then that she's always looked so fit, and can eat hamburgers and what-not without a care!

Good for her :smile:

HRH Abigail 01-19-2008 08:12 PM

Ahhhh sooooo ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine (Post 718461)
Albert and Stephanie both lived in the States for a while and Albert would attend camp here in the summer when young. Caroline also went to school in England.

And, that would explain why they speak in the manner that they do, then!

Thank you, Lady-Mac!

-- :flowers:

libra65 02-02-2008 05:23 PM

Albert also spent 4 years at Amherst College in Massachusetts followed by a couple of internships in Manhattan.

LadyMacAlpine 02-02-2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libra65 (Post 724921)
Albert also spent 4 years at Amherst College in Massachusetts followed by a couple of internships in Manhattan.

Perhaps that's how I should have worded it instead of he lived here for a while.

mizzy2006 02-03-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH Abigail (Post 715774)
THANKS for this, Casiraghi!

Mmmmm, makes you wonder WHAT meetings he fills his day with, huh?

Monaco being such a small "country" and all ...

--- Abbie

Since they really 'rule' the country, I'm sure he has lots of things to discuss... Not so many changes he has done to the country compare to his father, maybe its still early ;)

The Crown Prince 05-04-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH Abigail (Post 714266)
As I posted in the Imperial Family of Japan Forum, I am also curious to know HOW this family conducts its day to day affairs, of a NON-state nature or what a typical day (if there is such a thing?) of members of Monaco's Princely Family entails, please.

I have always wondered about how people of this Stature and upbringing really live, and how cloistered they truly are.

Thank you.
I hope my curiosity isn't too spooky :rofl:. I don't intend for it, to be.

-- Abbie

I'm not familiar with the day-to-day existence of the present princely family, however, I have several books on the lamented Princess Grace which details her daily schedule (awaking at 7:30 each morning, preparing/serving breakfast herself for The Prince and their children, seeing the children off to school (when they were of age), then around 10 am, she and her secretary would begin their workday in her palace office (where she would review the agenda of the palace manager and her own agenda of official engagements for the day), from there she would have lunch for two-hours with The Prince (if he weren't away on business) and then either proceed back to her office or prepare for an outside public engagement. Following this, she would spend time with the children (helping with homework, talking over their problems, etc.) and perhaps even share dinner with them before preparing herself for an evening function. She usually returned to the palace with her husband sometime before midnight and was asleep not too much long afterwards.