The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princely Family of Monaco (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   National Day 2008 - Monaco (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/national-day-2008-monaco-15430.html)

tbhrc 01-05-2008 05:22 PM

National Day 2008 - Monaco

Post here news and pics about this years Monégasque National Holiday.

Quote:

On November 19th, Monaco celebrates its National Holiday with spectacular fireworks over the harbor the evening before and a mass in the Cathedral the next morning. An excellent opportunity to see the pomp and circumstance of the Principality, visitors can see the Knights of Malta, distinguished ambassadors, consuls and state officials decked out in medal-laden uniforms as they congregate in the Place St. Nicholas after the mass. Then it is off to the Prince’s Palace where onlookers can see the Princely family wave to the crowd from the windows of the palace.
Monaco Official Site - Major Events

The dates:
From November 18th to 19th, 2008 TRADITIONS
Tuesday 18 and Wednesday 19 November: Events organised as part of the Monegasque National Holiday.

Have a look at previous National Day Threads:

2005 National Day / Enthronement ceremonies

National Day 2006 - Monaco

National Day 2007 - Monaco

and at the retrospective thread:

A Retrospective: National Day - Monaco

And please remember the following:
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • Remember to be respectful. Everyone has the right to express their views, but that needs to be done in a civil way.
Happy Posting!

Zonk 10-30-2008 08:49 PM

Since National Day is approximately three weeks away, the thread is now open.

Johnnie 11-05-2008 03:49 PM

You know, it would be nice to see Louis and Pauline make an appearance with the rest of the Grimaldi family. I can understand and respect the fact that Princess Stephanie wishes to "sheild" her children from the spotlight, but that said, Louis will be 16 and Pauline 14. I think they're not as naive as they would be - naturally - when younger. It would be understandable if Steph kept Camille away (too young), but it would be fantastic to see Steph's two eldest children with her.

lea 11-06-2008 07:13 AM

I've always respected her decision, I thought that perhaps Princess Stephanie remembers it as a part of her childhood that she didn't like and so did not want to force her children to be part of public life as she was.

However.... haven't they been on reality T.V. with their father? It seems hard to believe that they could have done so without her agreement. That seems a lot more invasive to me than standing on a balcony with family members and waving!

arual 11-06-2008 02:21 PM

l think that this is her problem, however l agree with you, Lea

iceflower 11-06-2008 05:21 PM

Please let us concentrate on the National Day celebrations themselves
and not on speculations about who will attend, who will not and for
what reasons. The fact that Princess Stephanie's children do not take
part in the official celebrations has been discussed since their births,
the major arguments have been mentioned by Johnnie and lea, so
please leave it at that now. Instead we can look forward to many
great pics :smile:

Horseygal 11-06-2008 10:44 PM

I'm looking forward to pictures and the itinerary for National Day

Next Star 11-07-2008 05:56 PM

We are already in November and Monaco's national day is fastly apporaching can't wait to see who will be attending this yearly event.

Glistening Seas 11-07-2008 11:01 PM

Glistening Seas

:smile: Next we too cannot wait for National Day. It's a very special Day for Monaco and the family. Let's hope they have lot's of goodies in store for that day. Is this an all day affair? exactly?? They had a beautiful cake last year!! As busy of a schedule as PA (oh-h-h-h where haaas thaaat Prince been? haa) and family must have; this is one day they can just "hang out" with the country and just have a good time.

RADKER18 11-17-2008 09:45 AM

Prince Albert II of Monaco, center, and Princess Stephanie, right, offer bags of food supplies to needy Monaco citizens at the headquarters of the Monaco Red Cross, Monday, Nov. 17, 2008, in Monaco, ahead of Monaco National Day.
(VALERY HACHE/AFP/Getty Images)

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4* *Pic5* *Pic6* *Pic7* *Pic8* *Pic9* *Pic10*

Princess Stephanie de Monaco leaves the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco after giving parcels to Monaco's residents during an annual charity ceremony, on November 17, 2008.

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3*

Prince Albert II de Monaco leaves the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco after giving parcels to Monaco's residents during an annual charity ceremony, on November 17, 2008.

*Pic1* *Pic2*

giov 11-17-2008 10:59 AM

Gallery from Belga
Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie at the Monaco Red Cross , Nov 17 2008.
BelgaPicture - Category details
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ge/763710.html

michelle 11-17-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RADKER18 (Post 854486)
Prince Albert II of Monaco, center, and Princess Stephanie, right, offer bags of food supplies to needy Monaco citizens at the headquarters of the Monaco Red Cross, Monday, Nov. 17, 2008, in Monaco, ahead of Monaco National Day.
(VALERY HACHE/AFP/Getty Images)

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4* *Pic5* *Pic6* *Pic7* *Pic8* *Pic9* *Pic10*

Princess Stephanie de Monaco leaves the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco after giving parcels to Monaco's residents during an annual charity ceremony, on November 17, 2008.

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3*

Prince Albert II de Monaco leaves the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco after giving parcels to Monaco's residents during an annual charity ceremony, on November 17, 2008.

*Pic1* *Pic2*

Wow, ...pic1 ... does Caro have a twin?

kyansaunt20 11-17-2008 01:08 PM

lol no.........thats stephanie! their younger sister....she is starting to look like caroline....personally she looks like her sisters age

Avicenna 11-17-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RADKER18 (Post 854486)
*Pic6*

Frankly, the pinstriped suit of Stephanie is not my favorite. :ermm: Wish she had worn a nice dress.

Also the watch is a bit too big for the occasion ... looks like a diver's watch to me :whistling:

But her smile ... unbeatable as always :flowers:

Glistening Seas 11-18-2008 12:20 AM

Glistening Seas

s-o-oo-o glad for the pics. it was hoped someone would place some more pics for the red cross thing. Red Cross is a great organization. Stephanie does look a little like Caro in the picture the expression good eye!!! Stephanie is always the epitome of elegance and Pa too. IS that a new tie???!:biggrin: He too never seems to have a bad suit. How d-o-e-s he do thaaat?!:harvest::poinsettia:

evnovoros 11-18-2008 03:19 AM

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Helping hand from Stéphanie and Albert

iceflower 11-18-2008 03:43 AM

Thanks to all who posted pics and links of the first events :flowers:

Here's a link to a French article including a pic, one quote was
really sweet. A 78-year-old lady, originally from Italy but living in
Monaco for 50 years now, said about Albert and Steph who have
handed out one of these presents to her:
"I love them like my own children. They are adorable." :smile:

Monaco : Albert II a distribué 145 colis

Tosca 11-18-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 854819)
A 78-year-old lady, originally from Italy but living in
Monaco for 50 years now, said about Albert and Steph who have
handed out one of these presents to her:
"I love them like my own children. They are adorable." :smile:

Oh, those Italian Moms!;):biggrin:

Ella Kay 11-18-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle (Post 854528)
Wow, ...pic1 ... does Caro have a twin?

They really do look alike in that picture!

Stephanie's eyes are so strikingly blue in some of these photos - lovely!

RADKER18 11-18-2008 12:43 PM

Princess Stephanie of Monaco 11/18/2008. Princess Stephanie of Monaco offers Red Cross gift to the old people during the ceremony of National Day. (c) BENAINOUS ALAIN / Gamma

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4* *Pic5* *Pic6* *Pic7*

A Few Pictures from Belga