The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f128/)
-   -   Princess Mabel's Past (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f128/princess-mabels-past-15150.html)

Marengo 12-08-2007 09:02 AM

Princess Mabel's Past

Here a thread to discuss things related to Princess Mabel´s past that caused so much discussion in The Netherlands.

According to royalblog, the Dutch Nieuwsmonitor will present their research after the role of the media in Mabelgate, on December 18th. Minister Donner (Justice) called it a ´lynch partij´, and the NNM will focus on how the media played the role of ´prosecutor´ etc.

SASSY 12-08-2007 06:43 PM

Why was there an investigation? The Dutch people think Mabel was wronged??

ashelen 12-08-2007 10:56 PM

what did she do in her past?

Empress 12-10-2007 11:11 AM

Here you can find some information on the situation that surrounded Princess Mabel before her wedding. Basically, she and Constantijn were not completely open and honest about some of her less than savory past relationships.

It probably would have gone alot easier if they had just said, "yes. she had a relationship and it was a mistake" and been done with it. The Dutch are very understanding people, as long as you are honest with them.

marilyne 12-10-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress (Post 703157)
Here you can find some information on the situation that surrounded Princess Mabel before her wedding. Basically, she and Constantijn were not completely open and honest about some of her less than savory past relationships.

It probably would have gone alot easier if they had just said, "yes. she had a relationship and it was a mistake" and been done with it. The Dutch are very understanding people, as long as you are honest with them.

I think you mean Johan Friso

Martha 01-01-2008 08:23 PM

Sometimes the past comeback for many people.

reen 01-10-2008 02:05 AM

I'm sure her mother-in-law knew about her past before she married and had the interview with the Government. There's been a lot of speculation that has been presented as fact, and I'm not sure everything is accurate. I really like Mabel. She's quite out of the ordinary. I think that as she matures she will be able to make significant contributions to a great many communities.

LadyK 01-10-2008 02:57 PM

Mabel has done a lot of wonderful things, too, besides just her...slightly colorful past relations. She works with several charities, and has become known as a leader, apart from her status as the daughter-in-law of the Queen.

I wonder, if Mabel was anyone else, would her past still be discussed? Many people have skeletons in their closets.

Then again, Mabel has bows..........

reen 01-11-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyK (Post 714589)
Mabel has done a lot of wonderful things, too, besides just her...slightly colorful past relations. She works with several charities, and has become known as a leader, apart from her status as the daughter-in-law of the Queen.

I wonder, if Mabel was anyone else, would her past still be discussed? Many people have skeletons in their closets.

Then again, Mabel has bows..........

This is so funny. They were Dutch bows, though.:lol:

Marengo 01-25-2010 01:22 PM

I found this on youtube, the interview of crime reporter Peter R. de Vries with Charlie da Silva, bodyguard of mobster Klaas Bruinsma:

Mabel, ken je me nog (Mabel do you remember me?) was the promo of the programme....

YouTube - Charlie Da Silva - Mabel ken je me nog?

'Criminals don't always lie and princesses don't always tell the truth'.

and here 10 minutes of the interview, 'Mabel was the woman of the tall one' (= Klaas Bruinsma)...

YouTube - Legendarische aflevering van Peter R de Vries met Charlie da Silva

'I had two guns with me, what did she think that I was of the water police? That is not possible!'

Marengo 01-25-2010 01:31 PM

And a video of the 'Neeltje Jacoba', the boat where everything was supposed to have happened:

YouTube - Neeltje Jacoba

lucien 01-25-2010 01:35 PM

Charly the run-away criminal,not to shy to kill.Sad,that the word of a criminal seems worth more then ones virtues.Mabel is OK,she really is.

Marengo 06-17-2011 03:39 AM

Well, 8 years after the whole connection was 'revealed' by Peter R. de Vries on national television, the biggest gossip magazine of the country now has a new headline/cover:

http://images2.sellvia.nl/detail/w25...rs/Prive24.jpg

Saying that the whole sexual relationship was a made up (already revealed in 2003 by Klaas Bruinsma's real bodyguard - Geurt Roos).

lucien 06-17-2011 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1268783)
Well, 8 years after the whole connection was 'revealed' by Peter R. de Vries on national television, the biggest gossip magazine of the country now has a new headline/cover:

http://images2.sellvia.nl/detail/w25...rs/Prive24.jpg

Saying that the whole sexual relationship was a made up (already revealed in 2003 by Klaas Bruinsma's real bodyguard - Geurt Roos).

What a surprise......:whistling:...Not!

The unfounded but intentional harm done to Princess Mabel by a run-away crook that people these days believe before anyone else because it's a juicy story.And by R.de Vries,the nagging j**k of dutch tv...I hope they get what they deserve....I will look and laugh,regardless...

She's not,not now not ever,to blame for mistakes in choosing a man,many make that mistake and find they got the wrong guy.So What!?Exactly,and then you have those who don't even get that far due to their hang-ups...tough luck.Whatever happened,it's not of our nosy business.At all.It was just cheap tv by an even cheaper pain in the behind called de Vries,a creature even I do not find the right words for to discribe,and that's rare..but heck,you can imagine what direct and as always very true syllables would fly over this forum if I would let go....Each a Bullseye.!

Katrianna 06-19-2011 12:51 AM

So Mabel's relationship with Klaas Bruinsma was that of an acquaintance or friend, but it wasn't sexual and the intimate relationship was false? I'm sorry for being ignorant, I'm trying to get this all straight.

lucien 06-19-2011 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katrianna (Post 1269769)
So Mabel's relationship with Klaas Bruinsma was that of an acquaintance or friend, but it wasn't sexual and the intimate relationship was false? I'm sorry for being ignorant, I'm trying to get this all straight.

It was a hoax.You don't have to get this str8,it is of nobodies business.Period.
No Katrianna,it's no-ones business to go into details of a sexual nature,
but darn,I hope they had a good time,and as long they didn't scream the roof from my place,no-one cares.!

Katrianna 06-20-2011 01:07 AM

Well, Lucien, I merely was wanting to know and you didn't have to get snippy with me. Thank you..........I guess.