The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Family of Spain (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   State Visit from The Philippines to Spain; December 3-5, 2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/state-visit-from-the-philippines-to-spain-december-3-5-2007-a-15009.html)

fanletizia 11-30-2007 07:36 AM

State Visit from The Philippines to Spain; December 3-5, 2007
 
State Visit from Philippines

Day 3

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

Hosting officer SS.EE. The President of the Republic of Philippines, Mrs. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and Mr. Jose Miguel Arroyo
Royal Palace of El Pardo

King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia

Lunch with SS.EE. The President of the Republic of Philippines, Mrs. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and Mr. Jose Miguel Arroyo
Palacio de la Zarzuela

Gala dinner hosted by Their Majesties the King and Queen in honor of SS.EE. The President of the Republic of Philippines, Mrs. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and Mr. Jose Miguel Arroyo
Royal Palace

Day 4

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

Reception by SS.EE. The President of the Republic of Philippines, Mrs. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and Mr. Jose Miguel Arroyo
Royal Palace of El Pardo

Day 5

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

Farewell officer SS.EE. The President of the Republic of Philippines, Mrs. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and Mr. Jose Miguel Arroyo
Royal Palace of El Pardo

madeleine victoria 11-30-2007 09:47 PM

wOW! Our president has another visit to SPain... She must be very interested in having stronger ties with Spain :rofl: well, it's a good thing. Were the Princes not invited to the State Visit since I only saw Their Majesties on the agenda? It's a shame since there's a gala prepared.;)

lula 12-01-2007 07:46 AM

The Philipine President also invited in her visit last year the Princes to travel to The Philippines, maybe next year, already we will see ;). The Princess would be delighted because her sister must continue there.

chuchu 12-01-2007 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madeleine victoria (Post 699769)
wOW! Our president has another visit to SPain... She must be very interested in having stronger ties with Spain :rofl: well, it's a good thing. Were the Princes not invited to the State Visit since I only saw Their Majesties on the agenda? It's a shame since there's a gala prepared.;)

They will be at the gala dinner according to the schedule.

rchainho 12-01-2007 03:57 PM

well, let's see the dresses again.

madeleine victoria 12-02-2007 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula (Post 699862)
The Philipine President also invited in her visit last year the Princes to travel to The Philippines, maybe next year, already we will see ;). The Princess would be delighted because her sister must continue there.


If that's the case I'm hoping that they will visit The Philippines and visit Instituto Cervantes here in Manila. I'm keeping my fingers crossed since it's the closest way by which I can see in person the crown couple (I'm a student at ICM btw) ;)...Yup, I saw a picture of Telma in a society mag here. I think it was about a Spanish celebration or something. When I saw her picture I know that face and when I finally read the caption below her picture, it says "Telma Ortiz" but no relevance to the CPss since royalty is not that popular here in the Phils. The visit will be tom...can't wait for the gala dinner.:rofl::lol:

chuchu 12-02-2007 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madeleine victoria (Post 699769)
wOW! Our president has another visit to SPain... She must be very interested in having stronger ties with Spain :rofl: well, it's a good thing. Were the Princes not invited to the State Visit since I only saw Their Majesties on the agenda? It's a shame since there's a gala prepared.;)

It is rather unusual for a state visit to occur this frequently.

julianne 12-02-2007 09:45 AM

Our president is visiting spain once again, another waste of money, maybe she's a big fan of the spanish royalty.

planetcher 12-02-2007 11:52 PM

And I heard she's bringing a big delegation with her and of course the First Familly.

nouwrein 12-03-2007 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuchu (Post 700144)
It is rather unusual for a state visit to occur this frequently.

Although she visited Spain last year, it was not a state visit. This is actually the first state visit of a Philippine president to Spain in 45 years. The last state visit was in 1962 by her father, then President Diosdado Macapagal :flowers:

Although yes, she's bringing with her 3 senators, 35 congressmen plus herself and her husband- that's 40 already and maybe some more staff (?) press, assistant, body guards, etc. etc. They can fill a hotel already :biggrin::bang:

Arroyo meeting King, Queen, president - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

Duke of Marmalade 12-03-2007 05:26 AM

Mrs Arroyo has a lot of problems at home but obviously they are not serious enough to prevent her from travelling abroad (in the last days there was an unsuccessful coup):
Comment is free: Democracy decays in the Philippines

lula 12-03-2007 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nouwrein (Post 700445)

She does not need a hotel, the Chiefs of State who visit Spain in Visit of State, they have their official residence in the Palace of El Pardo. Really the Chiefs of State have been lucky of that nobody wanted to occupy this palace :lol:.

Paty 12-03-2007 07:13 AM

Welcome Ceremony to the President of the Republic of Philippines, Mrs. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and Mr. Jose Miguel Arroyo
Royal Palace of El Pardo

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...71d38b041g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...71d3acdeeg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...71d3aad14g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...71d3a2d49g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...71d38f830g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...71d3b6a46g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...71d3b6c3bg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...71d3b3f3fg.jpg

King of Spain Juan Carlos, welcomes Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo at the Pardo Palace.

POLFOTO
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2...peparchmh1.png

ANP
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

RhapsodyBrat 12-03-2007 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madeleine victoria (Post 700080)
If that's the case I'm hoping that they will visit The Philippines and visit Instituto Cervantes here in Manila. I'm keeping my fingers crossed since it's the closest way by which I can see in person the crown couple (I'm a student at ICM btw) ;)...Yup, I saw a picture of Telma in a society mag here. I think it was about a Spanish celebration or something. When I saw her picture I know that face and when I finally read the caption below her picture, it says "Telma Ortiz" but no relevance to the CPss since royalty is not that popular here in the Phils. The visit will be tom...can't wait for the gala dinner.:rofl::lol:

hey, what level are you now? attend their events, you might just spot Telma; that's how i got to see her. :biggrin: and i believe the society mag you're referring to is the January 2007 issue of Lifestyle Asia (with Imelda Marcos on the cover) and the event was the Flavors of Spain 2006 launch.

and i'm absolutely sure they will visit Instituto Cervantes and the other agencies of the Spanish government here when they do visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by julianne (Post 700172)
Our president is visiting spain once again, another waste of money, maybe she's a big fan of the spanish royalty.

she and her husband speak spanish at home, that's probably why. the Tuason-Arroyo clans are "old money" families who still speak spanish to this day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetcher (Post 700411)
And I heard she's bringing a big delegation with her and of course the First Familly.

yes, she does. she always does. those congressmen like to travel for free. damn them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 700452)
Mrs Arroyo has a lot of problems at home but obviously they are not serious enough to prevent her from travelling abroad (in the last days there was an unsuccessful coup):
Comment is free: Democracy decays in the Philippines

you tell me. :biggrin: DoM, if you can glean from our comments, you guys can see we don't have any love for the President. we're just here because of the SRF. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Paty 12-03-2007 07:49 AM

Welcome Ceremony

Yahoo/ Reuters

Spain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos
Spain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos
Spain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

ANP

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

POLFOTO

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5...peparchwz2.png
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9...peparchph5.png
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1...peparchsn7.png
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2...peparchzd8.png

nouwrein 12-03-2007 08:17 AM

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1...peparchsn7.png
That's a big ruby brooch there

Ccile 12-03-2007 08:36 AM

Queen Sofia isn't attending to the welcome ceremony???

lula 12-03-2007 11:02 AM

Lunch in Zarzuela Palace

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...71d6d2d91g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...71d6c90d6g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...71d6dcca7g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...71d6d6e11g.jpg

Spanish Royals Receive President of the Philippines

WireImage: Listings

lis 12-03-2007 11:09 AM

That it's a big family picture! All ladies look great!

BeautyLeonor 12-03-2007 11:42 AM

Thanks to all for the pictures!
I like letizia's outfit today!:flowers:
__________________
" *Love Is Like A Rose In Winter, Only The Strong Survives* My Favorite Rose: Felipe & Letizia"


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises