The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 22: November 2007-March 2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/prince-of-wales-and-duchess-of-cornwall-current-events-22-november-2007-march-2008-a-14912.html)

Warren 11-02-2007 05:04 AM

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 22: November 2007-March 2008

Welcome to the Charles and Camilla current events thread, part 19

commencing November 2007

Part 18, covering the period June-November 2007, can be found here

¨

Skydragon 11-02-2007 08:04 AM

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visited London's Chinatown today.
Their Royal Highnesses were greeted by a traditional Chinese lion dance as they stood beneath the dozens of red and gold lanterns hanging over Gerrard Street in Soho

The Prince of Wales - TRH visit London's Chinatown

milla Ca 11-02-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 687974)
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visited London's Chinatown today.
Their Royal Highnesses were greeted by a traditional Chinese lion dance as they stood beneath the dozens of red and gold lanterns hanging over Gerrard Street in Soho

I like so much to read in the article that Camilla talked about her delight at the birth of her first grandchild Lola!:wub:

love_cc 11-02-2007 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 687974)

I just wonder whether it is an entirely new experience for Charles and Camilla to enjoy their lives together: wandering on the streets in London together.After all I don't believe Prince Charles has ever had any experience about wandering on the streets in London with his girlfriend and done some shopping together and lifted the shopping bags for his girlfriend. How sweet!:lol::wub:

milla Ca 11-04-2007 09:37 AM

Some nice pics from Thursday (1.11.):

Charles and Camilla try their hands at Tain Chi during a visit in London´s Chinatown

...not easy;)
Fotobanka isifa image service

Well done Camilla...:lol:

´Come Darling, join me...´:rofl:

A relaxed Prince...:biggrin:

scooter 11-04-2007 08:58 PM

There is a very cute picture in this week's Time magazine of Charles laughing very hard with 2 'show girl' types during the meet and greet after a fundraiser. They look a bit like what you would see in Rio at Carnival. Sorry, I'm a techno idiot or would have posted it. It is in the center-fold/middle section. They all seem to be having a great time.

milla Ca 11-05-2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 688800)
There is a very cute picture in this week's Time magazine of Charles laughing very hard with 2 'show girl' types during the meet and greet after a fundraiser. They look a bit like what you would see in Rio at Carnival. Sorry, I'm a techno idiot or would have posted it. It is in the center-fold/middle section. They all seem to be having a great time.

You´re right scooter, these pics are great.:flowers: They are from a WWF gala, and iceflower posted them first at october 26 (post 51) in the Prine Charles current events thread. Here is my favourite again:

Warren 11-05-2007 03:24 AM

This is the pic you are referring to, in the POW current events thread and originally posted by iceflower.

scooter 11-05-2007 08:14 AM

Thats the one. Note how he is color co-ordinated with them. They think of everything! hehehe

hornsen 11-09-2007 08:08 AM

Does anybody know about this?
[img=http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9862/saud2qj5.th.jpg]
HRH Prince Charles and HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arriving for a banquet hosted by HM the Queen for the King of Saudi Arabia at Buckingham Palace, London, UK, 30/10/2007.

Could it be an older photo? This is her family tiara. And where is her RFO?

Nico 11-09-2007 08:25 AM

I f i remember well, it was during a diplomatic reception in 2005.

HMQueenElizabethII 11-09-2007 12:04 PM

I think that the car door just covered the Family Order when the press took the photo. I think it is the Diplomatic Reception for this year, as i have access to HQs from Alpha,and they said that the picture taken yesterday when The Queen gave a Diplomatic Reception. But such a pity that no pictures taken inside the Palace as like last year to see what did HM wear.

GillW 11-09-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII (Post 690683)
I think that the car door just covered the Family Order when the press took the photo. I think it is the Diplomatic Reception for this year, as i have access to HQs from Alpha,and they said that the picture taken yesterday when The Queen gave a Diplomatic Reception. But such a pity that no pictures taken inside the Palace as like last year to see what did HM wear.

OR - it may be a velvet coat covering a dress - the RFO would be on the dress rather than the coat. Don't lose hope - sometimes the pictures take a day or two to surface...

Skydragon 11-09-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornsen (Post 690609)
Does anybody know about this?
[img=http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9862/saud2qj5.th.jpg]
HRH Prince Charles and HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arriving for a banquet hosted by HM the Queen for the King of Saudi Arabia at Buckingham Palace, London, UK, 30/10/2007.

Could it be an older photo? This is her family tiara. And where is her RFO?

I don't believe it is from this year's banquet for the Saudi King as she is definitely wearing the wrong tiara and dress/jacket! The photo's in that thread clearly show the RFO and the Honeycomb tiara.

The Duke of York was at the Guildhall banquet, not Charles or Camilla.

Saudi Arabia State Visit*Foreign & Commonwealth Office

Stefan 11-09-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 690759)
I don't believe it is from this year's banquet for the Saudi King as she is definitely wearing the wrong tiara and dress/jacket! The photo's in that thread clearly show the RFO and the Honeycomb tiara.

The photo is from the reception for the Diplomatic Corps on 08. November. In 2005 she wore black/white.

Skydragon 11-09-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 690760)
The photo is from the reception for the Diplomatic Corps on 08. November. In 2005 she wore black/white.

Thank you! :flowers:

iceflower 11-09-2007 03:54 PM

Pics 9.11.2007

Camilla and Charles during a visit to the Shri Swaminarayan temple
in Neasden, London. Friday Nov. 9, 2007. Camilla and Prince Charles
joined in the celebrations for the Diwali, the Festival of Light which
welcomes in the Hindi New Year.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8

milla Ca 11-10-2007 07:29 AM

Thank you iceflower,:flowers:great pics!

another nice pic from yesterday:
British Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

Royal visit for Indian restaurant
Prince Charles and Camilla have visited an Indian restaurant which is backing a new food information campaign.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | London | Royal visit for Indian restaurant

Camilla glows at Diwali tribute
Camilla wears a Tika Dot and a smile yesterday as she listens to Charles descibe her as his ´Darling wife.´

Camilla & Charles | Hindu temple visit | Diwali ceremony | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals

CasiraghiTrio 11-10-2007 08:44 AM

I like this picture a lot, from the Hindu temple visit, but what are they doing? I'm curious. BTW, happy birthday to milla Ca (one day late, I think?) :flowers:

milla Ca 11-10-2007 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 690994)
I like this picture a lot, from the Hindu temple visit, but what are they doing? I'm curious. BTW, happy birthday to milla Ca (one day late, I think?) :flowers:

Many thanks, CasiraghiTrio!:rose:
Here are some more information about the Diwali Festival:
Festival resonates spiritually for Hindus on many levels - Nashville, Tennessee - Saturday, 11/10/07 - Tennessean.com
____
... and iceflower here is my daily thank you:smile: for the pics , you are great!