The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Mette-Marit opening the university of Agder, '07 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/mette-marit-opening-the-university-of-agder-07-a-14829.html)

dazzling 11-20-2007 09:09 AM

Mette-Marit opening the university of Agder, '07

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway during the opening of the University of Agder in Kristiansand Norway November 20, 2007 (ANP)

MM 1 -- MM 2 -- Stage 1 -- Stage 2 -- stage 3 -- arriving

Her_Majesty 11-20-2007 09:51 AM

Thanks for the pictures, dazzling.

It's a pity Mette-Marit was dresses so darkly again (+ black stockings) ... she nearly got lost on the dark stage. There was nearly no contrast between her and the stage.
Nevertheless it is nice to see her out again... it has been quite a quiet month for the Norwegian Royals so far.

dazzling 11-20-2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 695367)
Thanks for the pictures, dazzling.

It's a pity Mette-Marit was dresses so darkly again (+ black stockings) ... she nearly got lost on the dark stage. There was nearly no contrast between her and the stage.
Nevertheless it is nice to see her out again... it has been quite a quiet month for the Norwegian Royals so far.

I thought of that as well, while posting the pictures but then cant blame her, she couldnt of none on what the background of the stage would be:biggrin: besides getting lost against the background, I thought she looked nice though dressed abit too dark but then its winter:flowers:

norwegianne 11-20-2007 10:50 AM

The University of Agder is Norway's seventh university. It received university status in state council on August 10. It has campuses in Kristiansand, Arendal and Grimstad.

dazzling 11-20-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne (Post 695391)
The University of Agder is Norway's seventh university. It received university status in state council on August 10. It has campuses in Kristiansand, Arendal and Grimstad.

Is it a popular university in Norway? what if the university doesnt receive status in state council? Btw, is this a university MM attended ( i thought i'd ask since she is opening it, but also it could do nothing with that);)

norwegianne 11-20-2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 695395)
Is it a popular university in Norway? what if the university doesnt receive status in state council? Btw, is this a university MM attended ( i thought i'd ask since she is opening it, but also it could do nothing with that);)

It has roughly 8,000 students. It's not one of the more popular ones, as it was just "promoted" from being a college to an university - and the colleges aren't as popular with students as the universities are.

If it doesn't receive status in state council, it is a high likelihood that it hasn't done all the work to get it - all three of Norway's recent universities, Stavanger, ┼s and Agder, had to go through a fairly long process with evaluations, and recommendations to get even as far as the state council.

Mette-Marit attended the Agder university college in Grimstad, which is the University of Agder's predecessor. She studied for her examen philosophicum and the first year of becoming a construction engineer.

Her_Majesty 11-20-2007 11:54 AM

Pictures and Articles from Kongehuset
kongehuset.no - ┼pnet Universitetet i Agder

Mette-Marit again wore this beautiful necklace with 3 silver kids on it: they represent her 3children. :)
Henger barna rundt halsen - Side2

rominet09 11-20-2007 11:54 AM

People who always dress in somber colours are sometimes very hung up about their figure... maybe it is the case

Paty 11-20-2007 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 695430)
Mette-Marit again wore this beautiful necklace with 3 silver kids on it: they represent her 3children. :)
Henger barna rundt halsen - Side2

I adore this kind of litles complements:wub: