The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f128/)
-   -   Prince Friso and the Line of Succession (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f128/prince-friso-and-the-line-of-succession-14789.html)

principessa 11-16-2007 04:25 PM

Prince Friso and the Line of Succession

Do you think, that HRH Prince Johan Friso will get back on the line of the succession with his two daughters in nearer or further future?

Marengo 11-16-2007 04:33 PM

No, once you are out, you´re out. There isn´t a way of getting back into the line of succession.

LadyK 11-18-2007 10:37 AM

I don't remember discussing this before, but how do you remove yourself from the line of sucession?

Did Friso just announce that, or did he have to do something? Is there some sort of procedure?

Stefan 11-18-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyK (Post 694466)
I don't remember discussing this before, but how do you remove yourself from the line of sucession?

Did Friso just announce that, or did he have to do something? Is there some sort of procedure?

They didn't ask for the Consent of the Parliament for their marriage. These in line of succession to the dutch throne must have the Consent of the Parliament for the marriage.

LadyK 11-18-2007 12:05 PM

Oh- that's what I figured. I would have thought there would be some more bureaucratic red tape, though.

Short of marrying someone without permission, how else would someone renounce their claim to the throne?

Empress 11-18-2007 12:09 PM

Well, he also married someone of whom the Dutch parliament did not approve. They (Friso and Mabel) were not entirely truthful from the get go about her previous relationship with a drug dealing mobster.

Patra 10-15-2009 06:08 AM

Is this why they are not on the Dutch Royal Wesite? It seems so harsh. How does the queen or other members feel about their son/brother being "wiped out"? I am very curious about this.....please elaborate.

Marengo 10-20-2009 07:17 AM

That is indeed why they are not in the main index of the website, just like prince Pieter-Christiaan, prince Floris and their wives, and as princesses Irene and Christina.

But on the Dutch version he is still available, by clicking on his name in the biography of the queen: Het Koninklijk Huis

The same for his van Vollenhoven cousins btw.

--
The RF probably feels like the evil outside world caused all this, but in the end it was Mabel who lied to the prime minister and to the queen, so it is her own fault. The two younger van Vollenhoven princes didn't ask consent after consulting the court btw, it would only be inconvenient while the succession was already secured.

lucien 10-20-2009 09:10 AM

Contraire to the previous poster,no,the family is perfectly OK with it.Unfounded insinuations are not wished for as
especially our foreign fellow forum members wouldn't have a clue about what is what and moreover,what is true.

And it is not harsh,it is how things are and always have been in simular situations in all Royal Houses,no permission
of Parliament means out of the line to the Throne,regardless the circumstances,and they are aware of that.

Jacknch 10-20-2009 10:12 AM

The system seems a very good one because it protects the institution of the monarchy by preventing the possibly of unsuitable candidates getting close to the throne. It also allows people further down the line of succession the opportunity upon marriage to free themselves from the burdens of being in line to the throne.

Marengo 10-20-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 1007357)
Contraire to the previous poster,no,the family is perfectly OK with it.Unfounded insinuations are not wished for as
especially our foreign fellow forum members wouldn't have a clue about what is what and moreover,what is true.

And it is not harsh,it is how things are and always have been in simular situations in all Royal Houses,no permission
of Parliament means out of the line to the Throne,regardless the circumstances,and they are aware of that.

I wonder where you ever heard that the family is perfectly ok with it? All I have read in the press is that they are not. During the recent debates about the RF I read about the bad relationship between the queen and the prime minister in more than one newspaper and often the Mabel-affair was where the journalists that the relationship went sour.

Since you call my 'insinuations' unfounded I wonder what the foundation for your insinuations that everybody is and always have been happy with the outcome.

lucien 10-20-2009 11:14 PM

First,the relation between this PM and HM has never been a fond one since the days of his first cabinet,and especially not as that first government resigned on the very day Prince Claus's funeral took place.That little twit is never in controle,and he wasn't,and even went out of,controle with handling Mabel,standing there capitling on what was right or wrong had more of a mannenbroeder minister telling the flock on hell and damnation then it had to do with what was going on,let alone crisis controle.And that was what he should have done,crisis controle,he was in charge,not the Peter whathisname that felt he was in desperate need of publicity to score.Lubbers would have handled this differently I am sure,there wouldn't have been such a storm and still they would not have requested permission to Parliament.Friso never had such an interest in becoming next in line anyway.He's the genius of the family with way different interests then he would have been able to pursue while being in line let alone on a Throne.So no,the relationship has been a strain since the days of the late Prince Claus illness and the tiresome and uncanny LPF government lot.

"The RF probably feels like the evil outside world caused all this" .Really?
Your words Marengo.

Portraying them like little children whom are denied their favorite toys.
The Family did come to terms with all and everything.To dish that all up again is old news and blaming one for
a mistake while those who should really feel offended are way past that emotion,and should.

I did and do not need any press to hear see let alone elaborate on how I know,let alone that I actually said
they are always happy with any outcome,again you put words in ones mouth that never came out of it in that context,
if at all.

Btw,some family members do read the boards and forums,for fun,especially some members of the Apeldoorn branche.
So,to state no-one around here has a clue on palace life,is besides the truth.

Next month HM and TRH the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima have been invited for the jubilee of the Editors in Chief of the dutch papers and what not.Interesting event and one where all can speak freely of the coff,unless there is a editor adamant to let his verbal diarrhea splash freely and expose words by HM in the papers the other day.Like last time she attended and the next day the ;"De leugen regeert`(Lies rule) remark
by HM was on the front pages of papers.Press,is not always as pure and true as they should be,they too are manipulative little kids with toys they can abuse when they feel they´re in the mood to do so.