The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/)
-   -   Princess Diana's Godchildren & Christenings (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/princess-dianas-godchildren-and-christenings-1470.html)

robijutovi@AOL.com 12-13-2003 09:52 PM

Princess Diana's Godchildren & Christenings

Hi, I am brand new to this place, and I am finding the information is fantastic! My name is Rosalie, and I am from Newark, Delaware, USA. My username is robijutovi@AOL.com. My query is this: Can anyone help me with Princess Diana's godchildren, and their christeing dates, please? mI have been racking my brains trying to find the answer to this question, but so far, to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

royal_sophietje 12-14-2003 08:03 AM

I know that Laura (?) Knatchbull was one of her godchilds. Also the Greek prince Phillipos.

I'm also busy with researching godchildren and godparents, but then of all European families. See my signature below

royal_sophietje 05-02-2004 03:48 AM

How many godchildren Diana had, and can someone give me the names?????

Alexandria 05-02-2004 10:11 AM

To start you off ... Prince Phillippos of Greece is one of her godchildren.

maryshawn 05-03-2004 12:19 AM

Rosa Monckton, a friend and former head of Tiffany's in London, now heading the Princess Diana fund has a little girl called Domenica. Unfortunately, the child has Down's syndrome. Shortly after Diana's death, Rosa spoke out that Diana had specified her will give her godchildren a certain amount or special items. In return, she received a cup wrapped in a kleenex with a demand for a receipt. The real issue with Diana's godchildren is that Diana's provisions in her will for them went unheeded by her relatives (not her sons but her sisters and mother).

Sad.

royal_sophietje 05-07-2004 03:51 AM

I found them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana's seven godsons:

• HRH Prince Philippos of Greece (son of Constantine II, King of the Hellenes)
• Edward Windsor, Baron Downpatrick (grandson of HRH The Duke of Kent)
• George Frost (son of Sir David Frost & Lady Carina Frost, daughter of the Duke of Norfolk)
• Jakie Warren (child of John Warren & Lady Carolyn Warren, daughter of the Earl of Carnarvon)
• Benjamin Samuel (son of the Honourable Michael (son of Viscount Bearsted) & Julia Samuel)
• Jack Faulkner (son of Major Simon & Isabel Faulkner)
• Jack Bartholomew (son of William & Carolyn Bartholomew, Diana's friend who shared a London apartment with her prior to her marriage to Charles)

Diana's ten goddaughters:

• Lady Mary Wellesley (daughter of the Marquess of Douro, heir to the Duke of Wellington)
• Lady Edwina Grosvenor (daughter of the Duke of Westminster)
• Honourable Alexandra Knatchbull (daughter of Norton Knatchbull, Baron Romsey, heir to Countess Mountbatten of Burma)
• Daisy Soames (daughter of the Honourable Rupert & Camilla Soames)
• Domenica Lawson (daughter of Dominic Lawson and his wife the former Honourable Rosa Monckton)
• Camilla Straker (daughter of Reuben and the Honourable Sophie Straker)
• Leonora Lonsdale (daughter of Jamie & Laura Lonsdale, lady-in-waiting to Diana)
• Clare Cazalet (daughter of Victor & Isabel Cazalet)
• Antonia Harrington (daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan Harrington)
• Antonia Twiston-Davies (daughter of Audley Twiston-Davies)

Credits for the info: Yvonne Demoskoff's Diana faq-page. There can be found other interesting facts as well. :flower:

micas 05-07-2004 06:00 AM

That is a lot of people ,god work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sara1981 05-07-2004 11:24 AM

oh my godness! Princess Diana had many friends in her life! i cant believe it! she really influence to Queen im warning! she had about 17 god childrens!

Sara Boyce

royal_sophietje 05-07-2004 11:31 AM

Yup. I think she was one of the most popular royal godparents :)

Yennie 05-07-2004 04:00 PM

Diana with her god daughter Domenica

Diana and Domenica

Squidgy 08-17-2005 10:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Diana at the baptism of her good friend Rosa Monckton's daughter, Domenica in early summer 1995.

Photos: Ihola magazine

tiaraprin 08-18-2005 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squidgy
Diana at the baptism of her good friend Rosa Monckton's daughter, Domenica in early summer 1995.

And what is so special about Diana being Domenica's godmother is that Domenica has Downs Syndrome. Diana loved that child!

Yennie 08-18-2005 05:06 AM

t4p Squidgy! I had never seen those photos before...
who´s that other girl? Is she Rosas daughter to?

Squidgy 08-18-2005 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie
t4p Squidgy! I had never seen those photos before...
who´s that other girl? Is she Rosas daughter to?

You are welcome Yennie - happy to share!:)

Yes, I believe that Rosa's eldest daughter, Savannah.

wlb825 08-18-2005 12:46 PM

That's a lot of Godkids!!!

Squidgy 08-18-2005 04:06 PM

5 Attachment(s)
July 1986 Prince Philippos of Greece is baptized in London.

His godparents include: Diana, Princess of Wales; Prince Philip; Infanta Elena & King Juan Carlos of Spain and Princess Benedikte of Denmark.

corazon 08-18-2005 05:55 PM

more, plesaseeeeeeeee, more:D

iowabelle 08-18-2005 06:30 PM

In post 386 the group photo -- who is the lovely lady sitting behind King Constantine?

Squidgy 08-18-2005 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowabelle
In post 386 the group photo -- who is the lovely lady sitting behind King Constantine?

She is Lady Penelope Romsey - married to Lord Romsey. They are good friends of the British RF, especially Prince Charles. It was at their home (Broadlands) that Diana & Charles spent the first few days of their honeymoon. Lord Romsey is Earl Mountbatten's grandson.

iowabelle 08-18-2005 06:48 PM

That's who I thought it was, possibly. Makes sense with the Mountbatten connection to the Greek Royal Family.