The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/)
-   -   October 2007 Official Picture of the Month Poll (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/october-2007-official-picture-of-the-month-poll-14631.html)

Empress 11-02-2007 09:46 AM

October 2007 Official Picture of the Month Poll

Welcome to the October Official Picture of the Month 2007!

The monthly official polls will highlight the official side of royalty as opposed to the informal side of royalty.

The monthly polls will consist of pictures that show a royal on official business.
  • gala events such as the Nobel prize ceremonies, state visits, royal ceremonies such as the the Order of the Garter ceremony in Great Britain or the New Years gala for the Knights of the Order of the Elephant in Denmark, Opening of Parliament, coronations, enthronements.
  • openings of public events, government buildings, hospitals, christening of ships, official charity work
  • family celebrations (such as wedding, christening, or special days such as Victoria Day in Sweden or Queen's Day in the Netherlands, King Harald's 70th birthday) and the balcony shots that accompany them
  • among many other official events
We hope by the end of the year to have some really stunning and regal Picture of the Month winners to compete in our 2007 Picture of the Year awards.

For more information on the 2007 Picture of the Month schedule and all we have planned for 2007, take a look at this thread.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium: - Marengo, stephanievl, Johann

Britain: Avalon - milla Ca, casiraghitrio, TheTruth

Brunei/Malaysia: Humera - Warren

Denmark: Dazzling, Jessrulz, GlitteringTiaras

Japan: Dragonsfire8, Vanesa

Jordan: Humera - Little_star - Salma

Luxembourg: suturegeisha - drimal

Monaco: Iceflower - Ianna, tbhrc

Morocco: Humera – Warren

Norway: Her_Majesty - KikkiB, carlota

Spain: LaChicaMadrilena - Anna_R, crisiñaki

Sweden: ZandraRae, Gita, Furienna

The Netherlands: The Watcher, Marengo, Lucien

The pictures of this poll reflect the official royal events of September. The poll will be open for three weeks. It will close on November 24. During these three weeks, we ask that no one state whom they've voted for so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. For the final week of the month, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in the order in which they were received and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Empress 11-02-2007 10:11 AM

A. Norway

Picture Link
Source: Scanpix/Kongehuset

Queen Sonja playing together with little school kids when she visited Apeltun school on Monday to hand out "Queen Sonja's School prize".

B. Denmark

Picture Link
Source: IPA Source

Finally, the long awaiting engagment of Prince Joachim & his French girlfriend Marie Cavallier was announced by the Danish Royal House on October 3rd, 2007

C. Sweden

Picture Link
Source: ANP

Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria met representatives from Borneo Orangutang Survival on Thursday October 11, 2007. Jonas Wahlstrom, animal expert and Manager at the Aquarium at Skansen museum and nature photographer Mattias Klum gave her two cuddly toy monkeys and Pernilla Svenberg from the organisation handed over a adoption certificate.

D. Luxembourg

Picture Link
Source: Grand Ducal Court/Carlo Hommel

Prince Louis of Luxembourg presents his second son, Noah de Nassau, to Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg at Noah's baptism in Gilsdorf on October 27 2007.

E. Netherlands

Picture Link
Source: Hola/ANP/Robin Utrecht

The baptism of Princess Ariane in The Hague on October 20, 2007, The Netherlands.

F. Belgium

Picture Link
Source: BELGA PHOTO BENOIT DOPPAGNE

- ANTWERP, BELGIUM: (L-R) Princess Mathilde of Belgium, Flemish Minister-President Kris Peeters and British musician Sir Bob Geldof greet eachother at the start of gala night, organised by the Antwerp World Diamond Center, in Antwerp, Monday 15 October 2007. On Monday, the fourth edition of the four-day International Diamond Congress started.

G. Monaco

Picture Link
Source: Gettyimages

25th Anniversary Princess Grace Awards -
Prince Albert II of Monaco and Princess Caroline of Hanover pose with director George Lucas after he was presented with the Prince Rainier III Award during the 25th Anniversary Princess Grace Awards, recognizing emerging talent in theater, dance and film, at Sotheby's New York on October 25, 2007 in New York City, USA.

H. Dubai

Picture Link
Source: Profimedia

US First Lady Laura Bush acknowledges the audience as Princess Haya takes her seat at the launch of “Making it our Business: Breast Cancer Awareness Program” at the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Laura Bush was in Dubai as part of her four-day trip around the Middle East to raise breast cancer awareness.

I. Jordan

Picture Link
Source: Petra

Tearful Reunion - Queen Rania applauds as she watches Muhammad Shamas embrace his mother Wafa Shehada. Rania had learned of Muhammad’s plight on the Jordanian TV show Al Forssah; during a 25-year long painful separation from his mother, he had only seen her through low-quality pictures exchanged online. Deeply moved by the story, the Palestinian-born Queen arranged for Wafa to travel from Gaza to Jordan. In a surprise move to the producers, the audience and especially to Muhammad, Rania personally accompanied Wafa to a live broadcast of the show for a tearful reunion with her son.

J. Morocco

Picture Link
Source: AFP via Hello Magazine

French President Nicolas Sarkozy attends a state banquet at the Royal Palace in Marrakech held in his honour by King Muhammad VI. The gentlemen are followed by the King’s wife Princess Lalla Salma (C) and two of his sisters, Princess Lalla Hasna (L) and Princess Lalla Asma (R). The French President was on a three-day official visit to Morocco.

K. Brunei

Picture Link
Source: Infofoto

Crown Princess Sarah carries her 7-month old son Prince Abdul Muntaqim as she arrives in Manilla with her husband Crown Prince Billah (not pictured) on the invitation of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo of the Philippines. The Crown Prince was in the country to compete in the 2007 World Pool Championships which will take place from November 3 to 11.

L. Japan

Picture Link
Source: AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi

Japanese Emperor Akihito, center, and Empress Michiko, followed by their sons Crown Prince Naruhito, left, and Prince Akishino, walk down a hill to greet guests at the autumn garden party in Tokyo Thursday, Oct. 25, 2007.

M. Britain

Picture Link
Source: Polfoto

Prince Harry celebrated the 30th anniversary of children’s charity WellChild and presented medals to brave chronically ill youngsters at an award ceremony. Harry also made friends with some of the patients, in particular five-year-old Christopher Anderson, who has spina bifida and hydrocephalus. Prince Harry knelt down so he could speak to the little boy and joked about wanting to borrow his T-shirt printed with the WellChild name. He ended the chat by giving the youngster a "high-five". At the end of the presentation ceremony, all the winning youngsters gathered on stage to receive a special commemorative medal from Prince Harry.

N. Spain

Picture Link
Source: EFE via Diario de Navarra

Prince and Princess of Asturias applauded the President of Board of the Museum of Memory of Holocaust of Jerusalem, Avner Shalen, two other leaders of the institution and nine survivors of the Holocaust who got Prince of Asturias Award for Concord during the 27th edition of the Prizes. The audience pay tribute to the six million Jews who were killed by the Nazi genocide.

Empress 11-03-2007 05:48 PM

The new poll is open! Please remember not to discuss your choices until the poll closes! Happr voting!

Her_Majesty 11-03-2007 05:58 PM

I just wondered: Why is there no Spanish Picture this month?

To the other PoM Reps: This month's choices are really pretty! Many beautiful scenes!

dazzling 11-04-2007 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 688433)
I just wondered: Why is there no Spanish Picture this month?

To the other PoM Reps: This month's choices are really pretty! Many beautiful scenes!

:ohmy: no spain. Indeed there were many lovely pictures. This month, the pictures lovely, a few good ones to choose from :smile:

Empress 11-04-2007 10:47 AM

My sincerest apologies. Apparently when I refreshed the poll the spanish picture did not refresh with it. I am going to go in and put that one in right now.

I have added the Spanish picture, and that has reset the entire poll, so everyone will need to vote again.

Spanish team: My sincerest apologies.

EDIT: If your photo vote is missing, and you are unable to vote, please PM me with your choice and we will see if we can enter your vote in.

Seraphine 11-04-2007 10:56 AM

I can't open Jordan's, Brunei's and Morocco' pictures. Could you please post them again?

Empress 11-04-2007 11:02 AM

Hi Seraphine,

I think that the hosting site for those photos is down. I will see if we can rehost them somewhere else, but for the moment, I can not even open them, so I need to PM the rep and see what is what.

Thanks

Empress

Princess_Beatrix 11-04-2007 11:09 AM

{edited to remove reference to vote}
But now the vote is gone and I cannot vote again because the poll is refreshed and it says I cannot vote because I did already. :ermm: Can you add my vote?
Maybe the whole poll should be posted again?
Or am I the only one who cannot vote ?

dazzling 11-04-2007 11:13 AM

Empress, when you refereshed the poll. are we suppose to vote again(whom already voted) because as for Denmark & another country we had equal points, now theyre 0 and i cant vote because I already did

Empress 11-04-2007 11:24 AM

Ysbel is helping me and we are working on it. Give me a few minutes and I think that we will have it fixed.

Empress 11-04-2007 11:27 AM

Okay, I think that we have it fixed. If anyone voted for a photo and would like to change their vote to Spain, please PM me and let me know. This is only for people that voted before the Spanish photo was added in.

Everyone else's votes should now show.

Marengo 11-04-2007 12:08 PM

Am I the only one who can not open the Dutch picture? My computer says ´can not find server´.

Empress 11-04-2007 12:10 PM

I can open it. Did you try refreshing your browser.

Marengo 11-04-2007 12:19 PM

Good tip Empress, it is working now, thank you.

Vanesa 11-04-2007 08:37 PM

What a nice bunch of pics, Empress! I loved them all. This motnh was much better than the former one. But this time, I had any trouble to choice my favorite pic. {removed hint at who she picked}

Vanesa.

Glistening Seas 11-09-2007 05:06 PM

Glistening Seas

:verysad:ohh (tearful sobs) i cannot open this picture of Jordan. i get a ---sorry your webpage cannot be found. :eek::photo:can anyone provide help with the pics. :prettyplease:

Mandy 11-09-2007 06:17 PM

Please try again. The Jordan picture links are working for me in both the Poll Option and this post by Empress.

Her_Majesty 11-24-2007 04:05 PM

2 Pictures of the Month!

We have 2 winners this month. :flowers:

1. The Netherlands - 30 Votes
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7...007holaal9.jpg
AND
1. Great Britain - 30 Votes
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ll/2cei83s.jpg

2. Norway - 18 Votes
ImageShack - Hosting :: queensonjaschoolprizejn0.jpg

3. Denmark - 17 Votes
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...rieJoachim.jpg

Thanks for your votes!

Feel free to discuss your Picture Choice now! :flowers:

Avalon 11-25-2007 09:15 PM

:flowers: THANK YOU everyone, who voted for the British picture! :flowers:
:smile: And of course, CONGRATULATIONS to the Dutch Committee, it was a great picture. :smile:

I liked the Danish, Norwegian, British pictures, and of course, the cutest Dutch picture very much.
But my personal favourite was the Jordanian picture. It was very special and very moving, one of the most special pictures I've ever seen in this poll.