The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Harry and Prince William (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Prince William and Harry's personal tastes (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/prince-william-and-harrys-personal-tastes-14604.html)

btsnyder 01-25-2006 01:05 PM

Prince William's Style

Just curious, is Prince William addressed as "His Royal Highness"? I believe the custom is to begin addressing Royal Highnesses in this way when they turn 21, but I notice on the British Monarchy's Web site, that nowhere is William referred to in this way. What's up?

kaydura0717 01-25-2006 05:01 PM

Officially he is titled "His Royal Highness" but he and Harry don't like it when people address them by that so that may be the reason why its not on the official site.

Robbie 01-25-2006 05:18 PM

So what do you call them if you were being addressed by them?

kaydura0717 01-25-2006 05:44 PM

They like to be called William and Harry. Though you can still use the title its just that they perfer not to be called that since they want to be as normal as possible. But when you meet them for the first time I think you have to address them by their title and then I pressume that they will tell you not to call them your highness. Just my thought on the subject matter.

corazon 01-25-2006 06:42 PM

wills singnature is just ''wills' without the ''P'' for prince, like said the protocol.

karla64 01-27-2006 01:02 PM

Hi..

I did look at gettyimages if see find any photos of william sign his name.. I found one photo.. he signed last summer in New zealand..

he sign his name will.. strange writing...

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...53215000&cdi=0

corazon 01-27-2006 03:18 PM

yes, william only sing WILLS but the protocol said he mus sing WILLIAM P, for prince, Charles sing this way since he was a little boy.
in the book for the september 11th, he sing WILLS too.

Laraib 01-30-2006 09:56 PM

Ooops, when I first read about this thread, I thought it was about William's STYLE, as in fashion!:o Cool thread though!
Anyways, I have a question.How come he is not adressed to as CROWN prince William? He IS going to inherit the throne--eventually!:D

crisiñaki 01-30-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laraib
Ooops, when I first read about this thread, I thought it was about William's STYLE, as in fashion!:o Cool thread though!
Anyways, I have a question.How come he is not adressed to as CROWN prince William? He IS going to inherit the throne--eventually!:D

1. the heir of the British throne isn't called Crown Prince, when his royal parent gets the throne, the first born receives the title of Duke of Cornwall and the title of Prince of Wales when the sovereign decides to style him as that.
2. the heir of the throne is right now Prince Charles, so his son cannot be styled as Prince of Wales, right now William is "just" Prince of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; it's like you call Catarina-Amalia the Princess of Orange when her dad is the rightfull heir to the dutch throne

Am I right or anyone has a different opinion?

CasiraghiTrio 04-18-2006 07:31 PM

What do they drink?

I would like to know what sorts of drinks Wills and Harry like when they go out. I've heard William likes a drink, "White..." something,White Russian?
Harry likes Smirnoff Ice and I've also seen him having a Red Bull mix,Red Bull and I-forgot-what-type-of-liquor.Does anyone know more about this?
Thanks.

margotantoinette 04-18-2006 07:48 PM

well Red Bull is most normally mixed with vodka, if I'm correct, so if Harry is drinking Red Bull and anything it would prolly be vodka. I find it amusing that they like those drinks if they do, as both are considered to be fairly girly drinks where I am in the states.

CasiraghiTrio 04-18-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by margotantoinette
well Red Bull is most normally mixed with vodka, if I'm correct, so if Harry is drinking Red Bull and anything it would prolly be vodka. I find it amusing that they like those drinks if they do, as both are considered to be fairly girly drinks where I am in the states.

Red bull and vodka is good. Vodka is my fav. liquor. Yeah, smirnoff ice's are a girly drink, according to some, but they are good. Too good, if you ask me, as I can quite easily drink a six-pack of them in one night and feel pretty good.
:p
But I think when Harry used to drink those he was 18,19, probably younger, so maybe he was just starting out and not into the hard stuff quite yet.

enchantednights 04-18-2006 08:32 PM

i heard wills liked banana creme and i've read andrea Loves red bull.

princesslily 04-18-2006 09:54 PM

They said in the article don-peigon champagne and champagne strawberry shots or something like that. Sorry can't spell today...

Paula** 04-18-2006 10:42 PM

Hmmm, that's very good
I love all that :p

soCal girl 04-19-2006 12:26 AM

I remember reading an article posted on this forum about Harry and Chelsy drinking Sex on the Beach on one of their African getaways :).

crisiñaki 04-19-2006 12:52 AM

Harry likes beer beer and more beer, at this rate he'll own part of SAB Miller in a couple of years (with Chelsy not so far behind him):D :D

Skydragon 04-21-2006 05:51 AM

Their favourite champagne seems to be Roederrer Cristal, it is very nice! :)

caramello 04-21-2006 05:58 AM

I read that William's fav drink is vodka cranberry.

aLLison04 04-23-2006 06:23 PM

There are actually a lot of popular drinks that use red bull, not just red bull and vodka. A good one is a yager bomb.