The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Norway (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Is the news true? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/is-the-news-true-14580.html)

tatyana86 10-26-2007 08:00 AM

Is the news true?

i have heard the news that when queen sonja got known mette-marit , she was so angry and disappointed that she got ill . Later ,queen had to get into hospital. And queen had been there for a week. It sounded terrible. question : is the news true?:ohmy:

Saphire 10-26-2007 09:12 AM

I don't know if Queen Sonja got ill or not, but its a moot point now. Seeing that her son is happily married to Mette Marit.

biboquinhas 10-26-2007 10:27 AM

Well her past was not so clean has she could imagine her daugther in law would be but...

norwegianne 10-26-2007 10:39 AM

Sonja's problem at the time was not connected to Mette-Marit's past, but rather the "storm" created by the media on Haakon and Mette-Marit's relationship. She has mentioned in interviews that it brought back memories of the time of Harald's courtship of her, when she faced criticism from everywhere just for who she had fallen in love with.

The courtship of Sonja & Harald is said to be why they have always been very including with their children's boyfriends and girlfriends, and invited them with them to their holiday places in Norway - because they didn't want their children to go through what they had faced.

Marengo 11-01-2007 08:35 PM

What kind of illness did HM get? Physical complaints or mental things?

Larzen 11-02-2007 12:27 PM

If I remember correctly Sonja had alot of problems with her feet and as a consequens the back in the end of the 90s the very beginning of 2000, Märtha took over many of her engagements at one moment. She said something like the writings in the press brought ba all ckthe bad memories she had from the long wait she had to get engaged.

Generally she seems much younger and easy going now than she did 10 years ago, or maybe she has just finally become more relaxed, she was really stuck up and stiff in her first years as Queen in my personal oppinion. She also is steadidly gaining popularity if one should belive the polls.

Marengo 11-02-2007 06:25 PM

I remember reading an article about HM´s popularity, which was related to the high costs of the restauration of the Royal Palace in Oslo (I believe she was generally considered the one who was responsible for the higher costs).

I wonder how bad press can cause bad feet though ;)

norwegianne 11-02-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne (Post 685002)
Sonja's problem at the time was not connected to Mette-Marit's past, but rather the "storm" created by the media on Haakon and Mette-Marit's relationship. She has mentioned in interviews that it brought back memories of the time of Harald's courtship of her, when she faced criticism from everywhere just for who she had fallen in love with.

The courtship of Sonja & Harald is said to be why they have always been very including with their children's boyfriends and girlfriends, and invited them with them to their holiday places in Norway - because they didn't want their children to go through what they had faced.

Now with link of an interview Sonja did in Norwegian around the time of the wedding to counter the rumours that she didn't like Mette-Marit:
Exhausted by the rumours : "My past under pressure caught up with me again, and wore me out" - The rumours around Mette-Marit wore Queen Sonja out. The memories from the hard time when she was dating Crown Prince Harald were brought back to life again. http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=3641734

udyusa 11-02-2007 07:00 PM

Bad feet can cause all sorts of misery! I have a rather large bunion which causes me pain if I walk too long..It isn't bad press! I Do feel for her....

Larzen 11-03-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 688162)
I wonder how bad press can cause bad feet though ;)

I ment she was in hospital because of her feet in the beginning of Haakons relationship with MEtte-MArit, she was on sick leave several times. I never said the bad press made her feet bad, just that this was the reason she was on sick leave around that time.

This article says she was operated in her foot in October 2000 and november 2001 when she had a three months sick leave, 6 months later she had yet another corrective surgery on her foot. Opereres i dag

Marengo 11-06-2007 09:13 PM

I never said that you said that bad press caused bad feet, I was just making a lighter note to show that I didn´t see the connection yet between Queen Sonja´s health and the bad publicity. But thanks to your explanation I do now.