The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Crown Princess Mary and The Danish Cancer Foundation/Society (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/crown-princess-mary-and-the-danish-cancer-foundation-society-14403.html)

pdas1201 04-06-2005 08:16 PM

Crown Princess Mary and The Danish Cancer Foundation/Society

1 Attachment(s)
Can someone please translate this article?? Thanks

Quote:

Rekordindsamling

26,2 millioner kroner til Kræftens Bekæmpelse
Kronprinsesse Mary støtter Kræftens Bekæmpelses landsindsamling, her giver hun sit private bidrag i Fredensborg til de lokale indsamlere - Mor og datter: Iben og Bolette Rasmussen.

Kræftens Bekæmpelse nåede ved landsindsamlingen søndag 26,2 millioner kroner. Det flotte resultat blev samlet ind af ca. 25.000 frivillige over hele landet. Det har været indsamling i 270 af landets kommuner.

Hendes Kongelige Højhed Kronprinsesse Mary støttede landsindsamlingen ved at opfordre til:

"At vi alle er med til at hjælpe dem, der hjælper andre".

-Og det gjorde befolkningen. Vi er meget taknemmelige over det flotte resultat og over, at så mange er parate til at støtte den vigtige kamp mod kræft, siger Anne Thomassen, formand for Kræftens Bekæmpelse.

Anne Thomassen retter en stor tak til de mange tusinder, der har brugt deres søndag på at samle ind til Kræftens Bekæmpelse.

-Det er et imponerende resultat, og vi er glade for, at der var så mange unge blandt indsamlerne, siger Anne Thomassen.

Temaet for indsamlingen var: "Flere overvinder kræft". 30.000 danskere rammes hvert år af kræft, men stadig flere vinder over deres sygdom. I dag er der over 200.000 mennesker, som har vundet over kræften eller lever med sygdommen.

De indsamlede penge bruges til forskning, patientstøtte og forebyggelse.

I Fredensborg-Humlebæk var der i 2005 ialt. 75 indsamlere, og de fik ialt 118.000 kr.

i 2004 indsamleder 105 personer 117.659 kr.

Alisa 04-06-2005 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdas1201
Can someone please translate this article?? Thanks

Last Sunday 4-4-05 (the same day she gave a short speech at the HCA reception) The Crown Princess attended the Danish Cancer Society National Collection drive. courtesy of the CPMEMB.
Quote:

Cancer Society collects record sum

The Danish Cancer Society collected a record sum of DKK 26.2mn during its national collection drive on Sunday

Nearly 25,000 volunteers from the Danish Cancer Society fanned out across the country on Sunday to raise money for prevention, treatment, and research of the deadly disease. Their efforts paid off, as they collected a record sum of DKK 26.2mn (EUR 3.5mn).

Crown Princess Mary, benefactor of the society, offered her encouragement to the collectors and donors.

‘It’s important that we help those who help others,’ she said.

Chairman of the Cancer Society Anne Thomassen expressed her appreciation.

‘We are grateful for the excellent results, and that so many people are ready to join in the fight against cancer.’

She also thanked the many volunteers who used their Sunday to knock on doors and rattle the collection boxes: ‘It’s an impressive result, and we are happy that there were so many young people among the collectors.’

Each year, 30,000 Danes are diagnosed with cancer.

/ritzau/

Alisa 04-13-2005 04:16 PM

12 Attachment(s)
Today the Crown Princess inaugurated a new Cancer Research Center on behalf of the Danish Cancer Society.

More photos..

and finally..

carlota 04-13-2005 04:48 PM

wow! mary today did a wonderful job matching colours :)

micas 04-13-2005 04:58 PM

She is stuning .... !!!! Thanks for the pics!

paulette 04-13-2005 07:10 PM

Love her attire and her make-up.

servingsophie 04-14-2005 01:35 AM

Wow! Mary is glorious!

HMQueenElizabethII 04-14-2005 09:23 AM

Lovely!Thanks for the pics and Mary is really glorious Princess.She is doing really great Royal works.

pdas1201 04-14-2005 01:14 PM

8 Attachment(s)
More pics...

Fotomarktplatz

pdas1201 04-14-2005 09:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Few more pics from Fotobank

Lillia 05-17-2005 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa
More photos..

I think her outfit is so lovely, is the jacket an original design? Does someone know who makes it?

GrandDuchess 08-16-2005 11:59 AM

Crown Princess Mary and The Danish Cancer Foundation/Society

7 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures from Polfoto of Crown Princess Mary today, as she went to Vejle to open The Fight Against Cancer's new advisory center. She also visited the Saint Maria Hospice.

Alisa 08-16-2005 01:54 PM

Thank you for the photos GrandDuchess. The photo of the man kissing Mary's hand is cute.

I don't particularly like Mary's outfit. The hat just about looks like something one would wear out for Sunday morning brunch, it is a bit too casual. I also dion't like the way the shirt is hung out from the jacket. The jacket is obviously smaller and shorter now because of her stomach. I really like the skirt with the designs on it, the jacket (if it had fit better), and the shoes as usual.

My favorite picture is this one.The outfit looks much better here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=181179

sesa 08-16-2005 02:09 PM

I must say that for the first time, I absolutely do not like this outfit she is wearing. It looks as if she borrowed the jacket from someone else because she was cold! And why would she wear a teal jacket and shoes and the rest of her outfit was tan? I think maybe the "hormones" are impairing her judgment? Hee! Hee! just kidding. Everyone is entitled to "off day" so to speak.:rolleyes:

GrandDuchess 08-16-2005 07:15 PM

7 Attachment(s)
More pictures from TV2 of Crown Princess Mary today, 16 August, as she went to Vejle to open The Fight Against Cancer's new advisory center.

Ennyllorac 08-16-2005 07:49 PM

Is it me, or is there something mismatched about Mary's outfit?

pdas1201 08-16-2005 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
Is it me, or is there something mismatched about Mary's outfit?

I feel the same way. The whole ensemble seems to be hastefully put together. I like the jacket much better when she wore it the first time.

kate14 08-16-2005 08:10 PM

Not one of her better outfits but Nice pics :)

Reina 08-16-2005 08:12 PM

She looks nice and fresh though.

Gabriella 08-16-2005 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdas1201
I feel the same way. The whole ensemble seems to be hastefully put together. I like the jacket much better when she wore it the first time.

I agree as well. She looks rather radiant, though.