The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Crown Princess Mary as Patron of The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/crown-princess-mary-as-patron-of-the-danish-refugee-council-drc-14397.html)

Alisa 05-15-2005 12:12 PM

Crown Princess Mary as Patron of The Danish Refugee Council (DRC)

The Crown Princess has agreed to become patron of Dansk Flytninghjaelp or The Danish Refugee Council.

The Danish Refugee Council is one of the largest Danish organisations involved in international refugee work. The organization has projects in 17 countries on all continents.

The organization has projects in the areas of : transport of aid, rebuilding of homes, schools, water supplies etc, removal of landmines, support of local humanitarian organisations and development of democracy and human rights.

Alisa 06-10-2005 05:32 PM

According to the official website On Thursday, June 9th the Crown Princess visited the Dansk Flygtningehjælp/The Danish Refugee Council. CP Mary is patron of the council.

carlota 06-10-2005 08:08 PM

was that one of those unofficial meetings?

Alisa 06-10-2005 08:16 PM

Yes, I guess so.

Before the couple would attend events that were not put on their calender or list of activities and you wouldn't here about it unless a picture and information was put on the organization's website like:http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...&postcount=165

Now they're putting them up on the website.:)

GrandDuchess 08-13-2005 08:25 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of Crown Princess Mary at the Danish Refugee Help’s fashion show “Fashion with a Purpose” at the Royal Danish Academy for Art’s Architect School at Holmen, Copenhagen yesterday. From Danish TV2.

If you go here http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php?id=2721340&forside, and click on "Modeshow til fordel for nødlidende", you can see a short film from the occasion.

Dennism 08-13-2005 08:31 PM

Marvelous, Grand Duchess. Thank you for the link too. Mary looks great. She looks much better than I would if I ever were pregnant. :)

mirsada 08-14-2005 08:14 PM

She is one of the best dressed pregnant royals since Queen Reina.I can't wait to see what they choose for the name of their baby.

HMQueenElizabethII 08-15-2005 02:28 AM

I agree with you,mirsada.She still looks really beautiful when pregnant and also still has many beautiful and stylish outfits.

hillary_nugent 08-15-2005 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
I agree with you,mirsada.She still looks really beautiful when pregnant and also still has many beautiful and stylish outfits.

and to add to that list - flawless skin :)

pdas1201 08-15-2005 04:11 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Crown Princess Mary at the Danish Refugee Help’s fashion show “Fashion with a Purpose” at the Royal Danish Academy for Art’s Architect School at Holmen, Copenhagen yesterday.

More pics...

www.facetoface.de

cute_girl 08-15-2005 07:03 AM

wow,here with weather being 48C I just I cant imagine there's a place in this world where you can wear coats in summer!
anyway princess mary is one those lucky women who's face hasnt been changed by pregnancy.I really like her and the way she dresses but I just cant understand why recently she's been only showing up for fashion shows!

norwegianne 08-15-2005 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cute_girl
but I just cant understand why recently she's been only showing up for fashion shows!

Because she's had about a month of holiday in July?

cute_girl 08-15-2005 07:13 AM

sorry,but it's August now,whats it got to do with her holiday in July?nothing against that but I dont think attending fashion shows is of her duties.

gattica28 08-15-2005 08:05 AM

Mary is patron of the Copenhagen International Fashion Fair and Designer's Nest. She's also patron of the Refugee Council which hosted a fashion show...these were the events she was attending! So these are her duties! A check of page 2 of this thread explains her attendance at these events!

happygolucky 08-15-2005 09:31 AM

Mary looks lovely , Im sure that the whole royal family must be so proud of her. I was wondering about her relationship with Princess Alex , are they close?

Linda Hsu 08-15-2005 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cute_girl
sorry,but it's August now,whats it got to do with her holiday in July?nothing against that but I dont think attending fashion shows is of her duties.

Hi cute_girl

Attending fashion shows are part of Mary's duties, please look at Mary's official site and as advised by gattica28, please check out page 2 of this thread.

Then, you could understand why Mary attended these Danish fashion shows last week.

Cheers

pdas1201 08-15-2005 03:50 PM

7 Attachment(s)
More pics taken at the Danish Refugee Help Fashion Show, "Fashion with a purpose" at the Royal Academy for Art Architect School at Holmen.

www.facetoface.de

sommone 08-15-2005 05:13 PM

Mary is getting more beautiful everyday. Pregnancy definitely agrees with her.

Alisa 08-29-2005 12:44 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Today, Crown princess Mary visits Danish Refugee Voluntarily work in Copenhagen. Mary is patron of the Danish Refugee Council.

Photos from newscom.

Alisa 08-29-2005 02:36 PM

10 Attachment(s)
More photos from newscom