The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/)
-   -   Princess Catharina-Amalia, News and Pictures 1 (December 2003 - January 2005) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/princess-catharina-amalia-news-and-pictures-1-december-2003-january-2005-a-1435.html)

Alexandria 12-07-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxLindaxx
From the BRMB:

Poem that can be heard at the Gedichtenlijn all day long (0909 4334248) chosen for Amalia and read by Ds Carel ter Linden. The poem itself was written by Joanna Klink.

Is it possible to post an English translation of this poem. Another member yesterday (The Watcher perhaps?) posted a few lines or summary of the poem that sounded very sweet and endearing. It would be great to read it in English, even if it is missing something in the translation.

Thanks in advance!

Victoria1999 12-07-2004 04:31 PM

A liitle princess turns one year!
 
Happy Birthday and many happy years ahead:)

The Watcher 12-07-2004 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandria
Is it possible to post an English translation of this poem.

Translation from BRMB, posted by Netty
------------------------------------------


Here I am

Here I am and stand on the ground
The earth carries me
Therefore I stand firm
I may be there

I stand upright just like a tree
I am already big and grow aloft
From the earth to the heaven

My own place on which I stand is small
But what a space around me
It looks endless

Under my feet it is hard
Around my head it is soft
The air that I breath
Always enough to live

And I look out of my eyes
And see the world in the light
Near by and far I can see everything
And when I close my eyes I can feel what is near by

My hands touch it
And I hear the sounds of the people and of the birds
And of the wind that blows past the window

I don't stand still but can move
I am not a tree
I walk to a place
Sometimes I know the way
Sometimes I don't

Here I am
That is what I can say
And I know that I live
And I learn the names of all things But do I also know why I am here?
Or does life mean discovering that secret?

Britters 12-07-2004 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Watcher
They wanted to publish new pictures of the little princess, but because Prince Bernhard's death it will not happen.

It seems silly to me for the family to not release new photos of little Amalia simply because of the death of Prince Bernhard. The little one is turning 1 and it's a celebration of life, which is what the family should be doing.

Death is always horrible to deal with, and the family should grieve, yes, but after death it has always been my thought that it's perhaps easier to move on if you look at the wonderful. The Family should grieve their loss, but should also celebrate the life Bernhard enjoyed, and the lives they have all been given.

Gabriella 12-07-2004 07:06 PM

What a sweet poem! Thanks for posting that The Watcher! :)

Lena 12-07-2004 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britters
It seems silly to me for the family to not release new photos of little Amalia simply because of the death of Prince Bernhard. The little one is turning 1 and it's a celebration of life, which is what the family should be doing.

Death is always horrible to deal with, and the family should grieve, yes, but after death it has always been my thought that it's perhaps easier to move on if you look at the wonderful. The Family should grieve their loss, but should also celebrate the life Bernhard enjoyed, and the lives they have all been given.

Well, I guess they made photos of Amaliaīs birthday. But only in private and probably not in a as happy mood as they would have been, if Bernhard would have been still alive. IMO to make them in private is in this case the right way. Itīs not too stressful for only 1 year old Amalia and the people canīt complain, that they havenīt respected the "mourning time"

Britters 12-07-2004 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena
Well, I guess they made photos of Amaliaīs birthday. But only in private and probably not in a as happy mood as they would have been, if Bernhard would have been still alive. IMO to make them in private is in this case the right way. Itīs not too stressful for only 1 year old Amalia and the people canīt complain, that they havenīt respected the "mourning time"

It is their choice whether to make it public or private as far as pictures go, and I agree as far as controversy it's probably better that they observe the official period of mourning. I just think it's silly to announce that as the reason they are not releasing photos of some sort as there are so many other arguments that can be used in my opinion.

At any rate, I hope Amalia enjoys what will probably be one of the few birthdays she actually gets to enjoy somewhat privately (not that she will remember of course!), as it will surely not happen all that often!

Alisa 12-07-2004 10:05 PM

http://www.mediawatchers.nl/smileys/cheer.gifHappy Birthday Princess Catharina Amaliahttp://www.mediawatchers.nl/smileys/princess.gif


http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-015.gif

susan alicia 12-08-2004 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britters
It is their choice whether to make it public or private as far as pictures go, and I agree as far as controversy it's probably better that they observe the official period of mourning. I just think it's silly to announce that as the reason they are not releasing photos of some sort as there are so many other arguments that can be used in my opinion.

At any rate, I hope Amalia enjoys what will probably be one of the few birthdays she actually gets to enjoy somewhat privately (not that she will remember of course!), as it will surely not happen all that often!

yes, I like the observance of official mourning periods, it has something old fashioned and secure about it.

when she grows up she will probably develope the feel of a buffer zone around her and learn to enjoy her birthdays as much as if they were private

The Watcher 12-08-2004 03:52 PM

Little newsvideo of Amalia, video from 7 december in 'RTL Nieuws'.
Link: http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/video/ ,the little video (+/-30 sec) has the name 'Amalia een!' and is from 'Dinsdag 7 December'

For new pictures or videos we have to wait, at least until Christmas.

Mandy 12-08-2004 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Watcher
Little newsvideo of Amalia, video from 7 december in 'RTL Nieuws'.
Link: http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/video/ ,the little video (+/-30 sec) has the name 'Amalia een!' and is from 'Dinsdag 7 December'

Screenshots:
For new pictures or videos we have to wait, at least until Christmas.

Thanks for the pictures and the video link. This is such a difficult situation for children, being unable to fully understand the circumstance, yet seeing everyone they love so sad.

samitude 12-28-2004 02:51 PM

Princess Catherina-Amalia has some official first birthday photos up at the official site.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/nieuws/...hten/2190.html

Alexandria 12-28-2004 02:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by samitude
Princess Catherina-Amalia has some official first birthday photos up at the official site.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/nieuws/...hten/2190.html

Thanks for the heads up samitude.

A very happy little girls she seems!

Too bad Maxima's outfit ruins the pictures.

Sancia 12-28-2004 04:13 PM

Amalia will be a great sister! How great for her!

liv 12-28-2004 06:15 PM

A little question: why was Amalia brough in church by Laurentien and where did she stay before?

Dennism 12-28-2004 09:31 PM

I must say that her language skills are coming along quite well. That was quite a nice little announcement that she posted on the site today. Sheīs quite intelligent. :)

hrhcp 12-29-2004 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandria
Too bad Maxima's outfit ruins the pictures.

A couple of things I don't understand
... how come M's outfit is wrong?
... how come only two pic's of the next crown princess?

Like, where are "all the other pictures" of a birthday girl?

On another MB I picked up a query if Amalia's chubby cheeks are indicative of a chromosome deficiency ... did she inherit Dad's woe ?

MoonlightRhapsody 12-29-2004 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrhcp
On another MB I picked up a query if Amalia's chubby cheeks are indicative of a chromosome deficiency ... did she inherit Dad's woe ?

I wouldn't think so. Babies up until the age of 3 generally are chubby, especially around the cheeks. Plus, being a royal princess means that she's not really put on a restricted diet.

ILoveCristina 12-29-2004 04:07 AM

[QUOTE=hrhcp]A couple of things I don't understand
... how come M's outfit is wrong?
... how come only two pic's of the next crown princess?

Like, where are "all the other pictures" of a birthday girl? QUOTE]

I personnaly don't like this outfit she is wearing.
Royal houses don't often release pictures of birthdays (except the first birthday of the future crown prince/crown princess, I think), and when they do it's just a couple. The other ones (took by the parents, etc) are kept private, which I consider normal, althouhg it is always great to see photos. Sometimes we can see photos of "other" birthdays for example if the family goes out for a walk (cf Infanta Cristina's 39th birthday, and Pablo's 2nd or 3rd).

Amilia 12-29-2004 11:13 AM

http://www.catharinaamalia.nu/


If you want you can find here the stolen video of Princess Maxima

http://kroonprinses.startkabel.nl/k/...index.php?nr=1

Here you can find the video of the photoshoot in Italy


love xxx


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises