The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/princess-marie-of-denmark-jewellery-14245.html)

PrincessofEurope 10-03-2007 12:37 PM

Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery

with the announcement of the engagement of Prince Joachim and Marie Cavellier today i thought it would be a good idea to start a thread about her jewellery

first the engagement ring is a ruby, diamond and sapphire combination which according to Joachim looks abit like the French flag to show Marie's french background

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...61939b0806.jpg

From AP via yahoo picture (originally posted by Dazzling)

03-10: Joachim satte sit præg på forlovelsesringen ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad...
From billed bladet

IMO the ring is very big and vulgar

BeatrixFan 10-03-2007 01:17 PM

I think it's gorgeous. Much like it's owner. I love the colour combination and it's refreshing to see something other than the usual silver and diamond combo.

jcbcode99 10-03-2007 01:27 PM

I second that! This ring reminds me of a Superbowl ring or something. It's too bulky. Didn't he give his first wife a two carat diamond with a cabochon ruby on either side? ImageShack - Hosting :: alexandradenmark6gt.jpg

He went from that to this? I think it is very unattractive.

ZandraRae 10-03-2007 01:36 PM

I am also not a very big fan, but in defense of the ring,the picture is kind of unclear. But with Marie as the wearer, anything could look good.

RachelD 10-03-2007 02:00 PM

I guess it must be tradition for a Danish Prince to give his fiancee an engagment ring that has the colors of the Danish flag (rubies and diamonds)? Alexandra's....Mary's....and now Marie's....though hers has a sapphire in it too. Anybody know?

msleiman 10-03-2007 04:00 PM

I really does look like Mothers Ring!

Fashionista100 10-03-2007 08:21 PM

There is a close up picture on Danish Royal Watchers. It really is an ugly ring. I hope at least Marie and Joachim picked it out together. Because if I got that ring I wouldn't be happy. But at least it comes with a Prince attached.

sirhon11234 10-03-2007 08:24 PM

That ring is hideaus all that money Jocheim has and he buys a ring like that for her.

JessRulz 10-03-2007 08:25 PM

Here's a HQ close-up of Marie's engagement ring from the press conference:
Marie's ring

I don't really like the band of the ring - it's too big. If it were thinner, it would be perfect IMO

:flowers:

(IPA Press)

jcbcode99 10-03-2007 08:58 PM

RED WHITE AND BLUE??? I don't like it--and the band is way to thick. The ring has too much going on to be attractive.

Leighnh 10-03-2007 09:09 PM

I really like the stones, beautiful colours and gorgeous together. The setting is not my preference, the stones are beautiful. :flowers: Congratulations to the couple.

charmed4sure 10-03-2007 09:24 PM

My first reaction to the ring was way to bulky and not the most femine, but Marie seems happy, and i like the idea someone said in the other thread, you get a wedding band that semi goes with it, then you phase out the engagement ring...but as long as she is happy then i love it:D

Empress 10-03-2007 10:08 PM

Yuck. that is all I can say. It might be okay as a fashion piece, but it is not an engagement ring. How is she supposed to wear a wedding band with that thing?

popy 10-03-2007 10:42 PM

:yuk: That's one ugly ring!

ZandraRae 10-03-2007 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 675002)
Here's a HQ close-up of Marie's engagement ring from the press conference:
Marie's ring

I don't really like the band of the ring - it's too big. If it were thinner, it would be perfect IMO

:flowers:

(IPA Press)

OK, that's ugly. I'm sorry, but the band ruins it. The stones are clear and beautiful, but the band...

Thanks JessRulz for the close-up.

Lichtenstein 10-04-2007 05:03 AM

The ring might be okay as a gift for a birthday or so. But as an engagement ring... Thinking, I will have to wear the french flag at my finger as long as I'm married :bang:

carlota 10-04-2007 05:19 AM

the band is a little bit think, but i nevertheless adore the stones they chose: diamond, rubies and saphires make a nice combination and quite a meaningful one considering both marie's and joachim's french backgrounds.

Madame Royale 10-04-2007 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelD (Post 674719)
I guess it must be tradition for a Danish Prince to give his fiancee an engagment ring that has the colors of the Danish flag (rubies and diamonds)? Alexandra's....Mary's....and now Marie's....though hers has a sapphire in it too. Anybody know?

Ms Cavellier is French (for the time being), so believed to be somewhat of a tribute to her birthright nationality.

Quote:

The usual silver and diamond combo.
The usual white gold or platinum I would think, Sam..lol.

wymanda 10-04-2007 06:38 AM

Personally I like the ring. The stones are a nice size and the gold a good colour.
IMO a vulgar ring is something huge like Diana's.

hofburg 10-04-2007 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wymanda (Post 675144)
Personally I like the ring. The stones are a nice size and the gold a good colour.
IMO a vulgar ring is something huge like Diana's.

Diana's ring was. most certainly exquisite. It was beatifuly set.