The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f185/)
-   -   Queen Silvia's Official Visit to Estonia; October 5th, 2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f185/queen-silvias-official-visit-to-estonia-october-5th-2007-a-14218.html)

agnessa 10-01-2007 08:33 AM

Queen Silvia's Official Visit to Estonia; October 5th, 2007

This article talks about Q Silvia daily programm in Tartu:

Postimees: Kuninganna Silvia Tartusse ööseks ei jää

And here is the translation (sorry if translation is bad):
Sweden embassy in Estonia information officer Liina Kümnik told that queen Silvia will flight from Stockholm to Tartu in airplane of Swedish airforces and will arrive at the morning of Oct 5th. Q Silvia will go back to Stockholm same night.

At 11 am - Queen Silvia will open the statue of Johan Skytte (found the university) at Toome Hill. Then the Queen walk down the city but when and where the people could meet her isn't clear yet.

At 12 am - Queen will take part in public ceremony in Main Building of University (she will take speech).

On the afternoon Queen will visit the Christian home of young people («World Childhood Foundation» is been supporting this) and then she will drive to Tammistu (near Tartu) where she visit the family center of disabled children (she will take a speech).

At 18 pm - Queen will take part in concert "The Gala of King Gustav" in concert hall of Vanemuine.

agnessa 10-05-2007 06:56 AM

Some photos from Estonia. I'm sure there are coming more photos and I will post them too:smile:. Airplane was late because the fog and Queen arrivals everywhere little late, but all events take place.

Queen arrivals to Ülenurme airport near Tartu:
Postimees

Queen opens statue of Skytte at Toome Hill:
Postimees

ursulajohanna 10-05-2007 09:21 AM

Agnessa, many thanks for the links and informations. Very great work of you!

The queen looks beautiful even raining!

agnessa 10-05-2007 10:08 AM

I know that last link doesn't open - I try again :smile:

Opening the statue of Skytte at Toome Hill
Postimees

At the public ceremony in the University manor house
Postimees

In Tammistu (near Tartu) were Q Silvia put the corner-stone of the Estonian Agrenska Fund rehabilitation center
Postimees

More photos of opening statue of Skytte (click on photos to enlarge)
DELFI Pilt > Kasutaja album > Rootsi kuninganna Silvia külastamas Tartut, 5.10.2007

SusanneSNS 10-05-2007 11:24 AM

Thank you!

Thank you very much, agnessa, for posting all those wonderful links and pictures here. Your work is very much appreciated.
Did you have the chance to see the Queen in Tartu yourself? :wub:

Myriam 10-05-2007 12:23 PM

Its good to see Queen Silvia working outside sweden. she looks great but i am sure about the headband... it would be perfect for one of her daughters not for her. beautiful scarf.

Aurora810 10-05-2007 01:07 PM

Here are more pics from today's event:

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I think the Queen looks very lovely. However, I'm not really liking the boots very much, mainly the style. It looks like the boots were practical for this event based on how the weather appears, I am just not a fan of the style though.

agnessa 10-05-2007 01:30 PM

Yes I saw the Queen very close and I admire her beauty and elegance. It was very exiting to see some royal and also one of my favourite royal at my own country. But there wasn't very much people but it doesn't matter at all!
Congratulations to Sweden and Sweden Queen :flowers:

SusanneSNS 10-05-2007 02:25 PM

Congratulations to you, agnessa! You are very lucky that Queen Silvia came close to your home and you were able to see her!

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 10-05-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myriam (Post 675813)
Its good to see Queen Silvia working outside sweden. she looks great but i am sure about the headband... it would be perfect for one of her daughters not for her. beautiful scarf.

Dear Myriam!

What do you mean with these headband? I can't imagine what you mean with these!

------------------------
Silvia❦CarlGustaf

Drottning 10-05-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agnessa (Post 675851)
Yes I saw the Queen very close and I admire her beauty and elegance. It was very exiting to see some royal and also one of my favourite royal at my own country. But there wasn't very much people but it doesn't matter at all!
Congratulations to Sweden and Sweden Queen :flowers:

Lucky, Agnessa!!!! I envy you! How wonderful it must have been to see the Queen:wub::wub::wub::wub:

Tartucat 10-07-2007 07:08 AM

Queen Silvia looked very lovely indeed. Here are pictures from the Gala concert “Gala of King Gustav".

Postimees