The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Crown Princely Couple's Official Visit to Romania; October 8-9, 2007 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/crown-princely-couples-official-visit-to-romania-october-8-9-2007-a-14170.html)

Mandy 09-27-2007 11:19 AM

Crown Princely Couple's Official Visit to Romania; October 8-9, 2007

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will be making an Official Visit to Romania 8-9 October 2007 upon the invitation of the Romanian President.

(D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessens kalender)

fanletizia 10-08-2007 07:20 AM

Crown Princess Mary (C) and Crown Prince Frederik (R) enter the Art Collections Museum in Bucharest October 8, 2007

http://i40.tinypic.com/2n86l1z.jpg

Her_Majesty 10-08-2007 08:28 AM

It's fantastic to see Mary wearing hats again (after a long hat-less time).
They always make her look very elegant.
She looks pretty and elegant today.

Duke of Marmalade 10-08-2007 08:37 AM

Another perfect outfit and appearance. Mary looks fab and I wish Fred would make some more effort ... no idea why he always looks as if he just got out of bed :rolleyes:

Her_Majesty 10-08-2007 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 676952)
Another perfect outfit and appearance. Mary looks fab and I wish Fred would make some more effort ... no idea why he always looks as if he just got out of bed :rolleyes:

I agree.. he often looks rather bored... or like his thoughts are "sailing":biggrin: around the world.

Pictures from Polfoto
Mary and Fred 1
Mary and Fred 2
Polfoto

ayvee 10-08-2007 09:00 AM

HQ photos from the Romanian President's website:
Preşedintele Romāniei=

-Ayvee

dazzling 10-08-2007 09:01 AM

beautiful pictures of the couple. Its nice to se when Frederik is smiing on official events. I love Mary's ooutfit & hat.
Pictures from getty
Pic 1
pic 2
pic 3
pic 4
pic 5

ibl pictures
Mary 1
Mary 2
Mary & Frederik

dazzling 10-08-2007 09:02 AM

Mary helped me kick smoking: Frederik

Australian-born Danish Crown Princess Mary helped Crown Prince Frederick quit smoking by applying "positive pressure" - full article here

carlota 10-08-2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 676963)
Mary helped me kick smoking: Frederik

Australian-born Danish Crown Princess Mary helped Crown Prince Frederick quit smoking by applying "positive pressure" - full article here

quite a cute anecdote, although i still couldn't understand what positive pressure was supposed to mean. it also mentions this is part of a longer interview. do you think it will be aired shortly? i didn't know the princely couple has "official interviews" as such that are aired every so often. perhaps some dane can clarify?

coming back to topic, i quite liked mary's ensemble today. very feminine and princessy.

Princess Luna 10-08-2007 09:31 AM

Mary looks great:smile: It`s the outfit new? Can`t remember seeing that before...

UserDane 10-08-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 676977)
quite a cute anecdote, although i still couldn't understand what positive pressure was supposed to mean. it also mentions this is part of a longer interview. do you think it will be aired shortly? i didn't know the princely couple has "official interviews" as such that are aired every so often. perhaps some dane can clarify?

coming back to topic, i quite liked mary's ensemble today. very feminine and princessy.

I take positive pressure to mean that Mary did the only sensible thing to do to a man ;) - flatter him (by saying she wanted him around for as long as possible) - instead of nagging him and saying that his filthy cigarettes made everything stink of smoke!:biggrin:
I haven't heard of any interview before; however the name of the interviewer - Puk - is probably one of two persons (the other is a doctor) who right now has a lifestyle program on TV. Frederik has been interviewed before in connection with a nationwide event aimed at getting school children to get more exercise, so perhaps this is something similar?

Chimene 10-08-2007 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayvee (Post 676959)
HQ photos from the Romanian President's website:
Pre?edintele Romāniei=

-Ayvee

Thanks for the pics! Mary looks lovely as usual. It's hard for a man to look exciting wearing a suit, so Fred to me looks like, well Fred. I love the pic of the president shaking Fred's hand while eying Mary the entire time. It could misconstrude as being rude if the picture did not look so charming.

bbb 10-08-2007 11:14 AM

mary looks lovely, love the outfit, hat, gloves - whole look "very classy and princessessy" imo part of frederiks charm is his slightly rumpled look- very huggable. i don't remember this outfit either, is it a dress? with a jacket do you think?

Aurora810 10-08-2007 11:37 AM

Yes, it appears to be a dress with a jacket. I love what Mary is wearing and my thoughts were similar to other posters. And that is that she looks very "classy" today. I see what people mean about Fred but I agree that part of his charm is his slightly imperfect look that he sports. Other posters have often told me that Fred and Mary seem so down to earth. Well, I have been slow to warm up to them for some strange reason. But I have to say I see it now, I see the charm of this couple. I'm enjoying keeping up with them more and more.

Lady Bluffton 10-08-2007 12:45 PM

Lovely dress on Mary -- surprised by gloves, though. When's the last time we saw her with those?

Wish she wouldn't pull the hat down almost to the top of her eyebrows, though.

Anyone guessed the designer of today's ensemble? I'd love to get a piece of that fabric and stitch up a sheath dress, too! :queen4:

ayvee 10-08-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton (Post 677064)
Lovely dress on Mary -- surprised by gloves, though. When's the last time we saw her with those?

She wore gloves during the Brazilian President's Visit to Denmark. I was suprised about the gloves too during the Brazil visit but was informed that this is the dress code for meeting heads of states. So I guess, this is why she has gloves on in Romania.

-Ayvee

Chimene 10-08-2007 02:13 PM

Do we have a schedule of events for the remainder of the trip? I would like to see what they are doing during their visit. Thanks!

I found the answer at the DRW website below.

Danish Royal Watchers

Regina 10-08-2007 02:57 PM

Stop smoking is not easy for sure so is nice to see that Mary has this good influence on Frederik. :smile:
I adore to see Princess Mary with traditional princessy pieces like this is one. I love the hat and although I am not sure about the skirt it is very original and elegant.

Saphire 10-08-2007 03:11 PM

Is Princess Isabella traveling with them?

dazzling 10-08-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saphire (Post 677124)
Is Princess Isabella traveling with them?

Good question. I dont think she is since this is a very short visit. I guess they took her to New York in September since that was a longer stay