The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   The family doing winter sports (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/the-family-doing-winter-sports-14142.html)

Larzen 03-29-2005 10:15 AM

The family doing winter sports
 
Mette-Marit went cross country skiing with her mother and Ingrid Alexandra (atleast that is her sleigh) Haakon and Marius went to the slalom hill instead

Danielle 03-29-2005 07:37 PM

Thank you Larzen for the great photos and information on their upcoming events. I am a little confused, and this may seem like a stupid question to ask; what exactly is Mette-Marit doing in those photos? What is she trying to put in the bag?

norwegianne 03-30-2005 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle
Thank you Larzen for the great photos and information on their upcoming events. I am a little confused, and this may seem like a stupid question to ask; what exactly is Mette-Marit doing in those photos? What is she trying to put in the bag?

I think it is a pulk.

Basically it is a sort of sled, where you put your baby, or other stuff you need brought with you when you travel by ski. It's also commonly used by those who have travelled in the polar areas, I've been told.

You bind the sled to your waist by the belt hanging onto those long sticks, and can bring the baby with you when you do cross country skiing, even up and down mountainsides. It consists of a frame, and some material protecting the baby against the wind. Of course the babies have to be suitably wrapped up in warm materials from beforehand, as they don't move much in the cold.

I can't see from the pictures whether Mette-Marit is assembling it or taking it apart.

A link I found explaining a bit more: http://www.kidznsnow.com/tahoe/SITE/...0/0/direct?c=1

Danielle 03-30-2005 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne
I think it is a pulk.

Basically it is a sort of sled, where you put your baby, or other stuff you need brought with you when you travel by ski. It's also commonly used by those who have travelled in the polar areas, I've been told.

You bind the sled to your waist by the belt hanging onto those long sticks, and can bring the baby with you when you do cross country skiing, even up and down mountainsides. It consists of a frame, and some material protecting the baby against the wind. Of course the babies have to be suitably wrapped up in warm materials from beforehand, as they don't move much in the cold.

I can't see from the pictures whether Mette-Marit is assembling it or taking it apart.

A link I found explaining a bit more: http://www.kidznsnow.com/tahoe/SITE...70/0/direct?c=1

Thank you very much norwegianne for explaining it, and for the website link. I knew what cross country skiing was, that's why I was a little confused about what Mette-Marit was doing. That Pulk Sled is such a wonderful idea, now that I know what it is. I'm sure I-A had a wonderful time being dragged around while her poor mummy had to do all the work. :)

tbhrc 02-22-2006 07:44 AM

Family skiing or doing other winter sports
 
Not sure if those have been posted before - Eastnews

Quote:

Lillehammer February 2006 Crownprince Haakon and crownprincess Mette-Marit went crosscountry skiing with Marius and Ingrid Alexandra during the winter holidays in Lillehammer. Prince Sverre Magnus were not to be seen. He was probably at the cabin with his nanny. Here is Haakon following Marius to his snowboarding lesson. Photo:Morten Krogh Se og H r All Over Press Norway
http://i1.tinypic.com/oa51zt.jpg http://i1.tinypic.com/oa520m.jpg http://i1.tinypic.com/oa521h.jpg http://i1.tinypic.com/oa5252.jpg

norge 02-22-2006 10:43 AM

Cross country skiing is not that easy, they must be in pretty good shape to do that. I get winded in a hurry...

carlota 02-22-2006 10:51 AM

i loved to see ingrid again, in her brown skiing clothes. i hope we get many more pictures (and maybe some of sverre as well!).

sm1939 02-22-2006 11:07 AM

Great pictures ! thanks for posting them

Gillian 02-22-2006 12:20 PM

Yes very cute photos of this family, but where is Sverre?With nanny?

norwegianne 02-22-2006 12:49 PM

The question is also which child is in the pulk/sled Haakon is pulling? ;)

Larzen 02-22-2006 12:58 PM

Se og Hør says its Ingrid, Sverre was not seen outside, they further says that Haakon who was pulling the sled and had the backpack could not keep up with his wife and she had to wait for him several times. They were skiing at Pelleståva at Hafjell. Marius was meanwhile attending slalom school also at Hafjell

Larzen 02-22-2006 06:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Scanpix pictures via TV2.dk http://kongelig.tv2.dk/article.php?id=3699174

The O.C. Fanatic 02-22-2006 06:05 PM

I love them they are sooo cute when they are together doing things. Anyone agree?

Valhalla 02-22-2006 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The O.C. Fanatic
I love them they are sooo cute when they are together doing things. Anyone agree?

I do! They are a lovely family:D

HRH Kerry 02-22-2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The O.C. Fanatic
I love them they are sooo cute when they are together doing things. Anyone agree?

Oh yeah!:D

norge 02-23-2006 12:18 AM

ah cool, I've got the same Volvo!

linda85 02-23-2006 05:22 AM

I read in another board that in Norway this past weekend there was a big holiday and there were reports about intense traffic conditions. Is this a national holiday or what ? Could anyone enlighten me? Do the above pictures of H and MM show that this was the weekend in ?
Thanks,
Linda 85

maxima88 02-23-2006 05:39 AM

In most european countries they have spring holidays....than the most people are going for skiieing with their kids..

Lucidu 02-24-2006 08:56 AM

Other pics of Lillehammer.
from Hello
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6...op1a5mg.th.jpghttp://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2...op2a5oa.th.jpghttp://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3...op3a5gu.th.jpg

Princess BellyFlop 02-24-2006 11:46 AM

The colors choice for Ingrid Alexandra is soooooo boring. Someone should save her from her mother lack of style! Good grief this is a little infant girl so put her in children colors. Something with colors! Anything with colors! Not serious-as-a-pope boring brown winter suit with faded away pinkish anonymous hat!

I love Mette-Marit and I adore Haakon but she wins ab-so-lu-te-ly no medals at style.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises