The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Mette-Marit and Gwyneth Paltrow: Resemblance? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/mette-marit-and-gwyneth-paltrow-resemblance-1412.html)

lasu 09-02-2003 11:37 AM

Mette-Marit and Gwyneth Paltrow: Resemblance?

Someone suggested in another thread that Mette-Marit and Gwenyth Paltrow look a little alike. Right now, hello.com has stories about each of them on its website and their pictures are side by side.

What do you think?

http://www.hellomagazine.com/2003/09...arit-dop1a.jpg http://www.hellomagazine.com/2003/09...eare-dop1a.jpg

marina18 12-06-2003 06:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

Has anyone noticed the striking similarity in looks between Mette-Marit and actress Gwyneth Paltrow? I did, a long time ago.
Look...

What do you think of this?

marina18 12-06-2003 06:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And Gwyneth...

liv 12-06-2003 06:37 AM

Gwyneth is also pregnant.She┤s expecting her first child in summer 2004.And another similarity to Mette-Marit:she don┤t plan to marry her boyfriend,so also Gwyneth┤s first child wˇn┤t be born as a result of a marriage...

moby 12-07-2003 03:52 AM

they do look alike. but the difference is gwyneth's unborn child's father is a really cool, gorgeous and successful man (chris martin of coldplay). unlike marius's father.

beebee 12-07-2003 02:16 PM

I think Marius' father looks rather handsome. And yes, I've noticed a similarity between Mette-Marit and Gwyneth even before these photos were posted. Gwyneth's mother is Scandinavian, so maybe that explains it.

Josefine 09-21-2004 02:14 PM

I think they look a like at times

Anita 09-21-2004 03:33 PM

It is not the first time I hear about a certain resemblance between them . I don't think that they look alike very much . Both have blond hair but nothing more . And I have to say ( and maybe it will shock some of you ...) that I have never considered Gwyneth as a beautiful girl . She is normally pretty, that's all . Unlike Mette-Marit who is, to me, far more beautiful . And she has more charisma .

moosey60 09-22-2004 09:50 PM

I've noticed striking similarity between Haakon and Mette-Marit...anyone else?

Alisa 09-22-2004 10:59 PM

I have heard a theory that after a couple who is madly in love have been together for a while that they start to look like each other.

Perhaps if they were both blondes or brunettes there would be some similarities, but when I think of or see them their hair colors enhance their differences.

theprincess 09-22-2004 11:38 PM

[QUOTE=marina18]Hi all,

Has anyone noticed the striking similarity in looks between Mette-Marit and actress Gwyneth PaTRFow? I did, a long time ago.
Look...

I agree. I think they look a lot like actually. If a movie was ever made about Cp Mette-Marit then Gwyneth could play her...lol

Paulina 09-23-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosey60
I've noticed striking similarity between Haakon and Mette-Marit...anyone else?

I have, too! I think they look like male/female opposite mirror images of each other. I think people are often attracted to those who look like them. Their lower jaws and lips look VERY similar.

Alexandria 10-08-2004 10:46 AM

4 Attachment(s)
The discussion about Gwyneth and Mette-Marit looking alike ... well they are also friends. Enough at least for Mette-Marit to have recently attended Gwyneth's recent birthday.

Good company Mette-Marit was in: Other guests included Nicole Kidman, Mick Jagger, Diane Von Furstenberg and Christian Louboutin.

RA: Gwyneth Paltrow Celebrates Birthday At Party Thrown By Giancarlo Giametti

Source: Getty Images

carlota 10-08-2004 10:51 AM

so they are also friends? wow... i never thought of that... any clues about where they met? where was gwyneth's bday party?

ceci 10-08-2004 11:02 AM

It's quite surprising to see Mette- Marit there. I didn' t know they were friends, but they have a friend in common: Princess Rosario of Bulgaria.

Alexandria 10-08-2004 11:12 AM

I think they met a few years ago when Mette-Marit and Haakon were in London studying. I think Gwyneth wasn't quite living there full time yet but was in London working on a play.

I know that they were both at Prince Nikolaos of Greece's birthday several years ago.

They also have some friends in common, including Rosario of Bulgaria.

Alisa 10-08-2004 03:58 PM

Hehe..Note the hair brush next to the Crown Princess so she is ready up to the last minute...:p

carlota 10-11-2004 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa
Hehe..Note the hair brush next to the Crown Princess so she is ready up to the last minute...:p

which photo?

Britters 10-11-2004 11:19 AM

This is off topic, but I've noticed it a few times and it's bugging me...why, when you try and type the letters l t r together they are changed to TRF? Its an automatic thing, and it makes it hard to read certain words in which l t r occur naturally together. I know the website manager is trying to make sure we remember the site is not longer L T R but TRF but was there a need to cause the change in letters?

hania 10-12-2004 05:12 AM

I also noticed the similarity between haakon and MM when they were courting.They have the same jaw line and the same thin lips. They are the only royal couple I noticed that with.