The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Music inspired by Royalty (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/music-inspired-by-royalty-14102.html)

KelliB 09-22-2007 04:59 AM

Music inspired by Royalty
 
I have always loved the composition "Lady Di", performed by Richard Clayderman and composed by Paul De Senneville. Does anyone know if she ever witnessed a performance of the piece?

What other pieces of music have been directly inspired by members of Royalty?

Eva-Britt 09-23-2007 03:24 AM

Dolce Paola by Adamo. ;)

Myriam 09-23-2007 08:11 AM

I think Adamo composed a song for Princess Mathilde few years ago. I don't know it's name though.

Next Star 11-16-2008 12:43 AM

Singer Mika wrote a song named Grace Kelly after the American Oscar winning actress turned Princess Grace of Monaco in 2007.

imperialrose 11-16-2008 03:16 AM

"Diana" by Bryan Adams (mid 80's)

norenxaq 11-16-2008 03:30 AM

also, Elton John's remake of Candle in the Wind after Princess Diana died in her honor

Lady Claire 11-16-2008 06:37 AM

I could be wrong but I believe that Elton John wrote the song Candle in the Wind specifically for Diana's funeral since they were very close friends. It is also one of my favorites. I found the video of him performing it at Diana's funeral very moving. I also like how he said he would never perform the song again, it makes it even more special (imo).



Quote:

Originally Posted by norenxaq (Post 854063)
also, Elton John's remake of Candle in the Wind after Princess Diana died in her honor


shakhim 11-16-2008 11:24 AM

the four season classical music by maistro mozar

Lilla 11-16-2008 12:14 PM

Don't you mean "The four Seasons" by Antonio Vivaldi?

Anyway, what is the connection to royalty? Is it that he, when composing "The four Seasons", held the position as Maestro di Cappella of the court of prince Phillip of Hesse-Darmstadt, governor of Mantua?

Marengo 11-16-2008 12:16 PM

'Her first Waltz' was composed for the birth of Princess Ariane of The Netherlands. Here a clip with the music and images of the baptism:

YouTube - Her First Waltz - Baptism of Princess Ariane

sgl 11-16-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceb2084 (Post 854092)
I could be wrong but I believe that Elton John wrote the song Candle in the Wind specifically for Diana's funeral since they were very close friends. It is also one of my favorites. I found the video of him performing it at Diana's funeral very moving. I also like how he said he would never perform the song again, it makes it even more special (imo).

The version of Candle in the Wind that was played at Diana's funeral was indeed created for Diana, but the first version of the song was written about Marilyn Monroe. Elton changed the lyrics in 1997 for Diana.

shakhim 11-17-2008 11:32 AM

chopain classical music .

EmpressRouge 11-17-2008 07:56 PM

Popular rumor has it that Henry VIII wrote "Greensleeves" for Anne Boleyn although there is no proof, and the song was probably written during the Elizabethan era.

EmpressRouge 11-17-2008 08:00 PM

"Je veux pleurer comme Soraya" ("I want to cry like Soraya") by Françoise Mallet-Jorris. Inspired by Soraya of Iran after her divorce.

JulieS 02-23-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 854184)
'Her first Waltz' was composed for the birth of Princess Ariane of The Netherlands. Here a clip with the music and images of the baptism:

YouTube - Her First Waltz - Baptism of Princess Ariane

Absolutely beautiful ! :flowers:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises